FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Our future prime minister??

Our future prime minister??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xperimentalist OP   Man  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Corbyn is to appear and speak at the anti trump rally tomorrow.

International statesman my arse!

No matter what you think of trump personally the leader of the opposition should not be behaving in that way

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Corbyn is to appear and speak at the anti trump rally tomorrow.

No matter what you think of trump personally the leader of the opposition should not be behaving in that way "

why not......

my opinion is don't barrack him on thursday because that is the d-day events and that is bigger than him....

but the other 3 days.... fair game... i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm torn on this, I don't like either of them.

No matter what you think of trump personally the leader of the opposition should not be behaving in that way

why not......

my opinion is don't barrack him on thursday because that is the d-day events and that is bigger than him....

but the other 3 days.... fair game... i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit....."

By *2699Man  over a year ago

maldon

Trump is not a career politician he's a businessman ,stood for election for a joke ,said the things people were thinking ,that's why he got elected, Khan today got both barrels, think Londoners agree with trump shouldn't have said what he said , Corbyn was disrespectful not going to the banquet being HMs opposition,not a snub for trump but a snub to HM ,but then again hes anti royalist

By *exyCouple999Couple  over a year ago

South Bucks

" i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit....."

Why not ? He is POTUS. Fully deserves a "full blown" (whatever that is) state visit. Best POTUS ever !

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Trump is not a career politician he's a businessman ,stood for election for a joke ,said the things people were thinking ,that's why he got elected, Khan today got both barrels, think Londoners agree with trump shouldn't have said what he said , Corbyn was disrespectful not going to the banquet being HMs opposition,not a snub for trump but a snub to HM ,but then again hes anti royalist"

Do we f*ck agree with Trump.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

" i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit.....

Why not ? He is POTUS. Fully deserves a "full blown" (whatever that is) state visit. Best POTUS ever !"

Absolutely , he is just as entitled as every other US President who has visited the Queen . Thank goodness she is able to offer the hospitality the President deserves , unlike Khan and Corbyn who make me feel ashamed to be British .

" i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit....."

Is that the British equivalent of "Not my President."

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I found the spectacle of watching the state banquet on the news quite embarrassing ,, Corbyn and Cable did themselves no harm in not attending ,

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

" i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit.....

Why not ? He is POTUS. Fully deserves a "full blown" (whatever that is) state visit. Best POTUS ever !

Absolutely , he is just as entitled as every other US President who has visited the Queen . Thank goodness she is able to offer the hospitality the President deserves , unlike Khan and Corbyn who make me feel ashamed to be British ."

Do you think he grabbed her by the p*ssy?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Why not ? He is POTUS. Fully deserves a "full blown" (whatever that is) state visit. Best POTUS ever !"

Best President ever based on what? Clearly not on any understanding of America history

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

The last month or so and the next few days will define what jc is all about ...

He's consistent in his criticism of trump unlike boris.

I enjoyed lead by donkeys projecting onto Big Ben the video of boris yesterday saying .

Trump was "clearly out of his mind", "stupefyingly ignorant", "unfit to be President" and "playing the game of terrorists".

Well played guys..

I agree with two previous posters on this.

Best US President, certainly in my lifetime.

Not a career politician, understands what the majority are thinking but dare not say. He is not scared to say it, and people love him for that.

Furthermore the pathetic individuals who are protesting his visit might look as though they are many. Which is bullshit, because the many are busy working. They are the few, a bunch of misfits and morons.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Using a day of your holiday to protest against someone who doesn't give a flying fuck is moronic in my book.Absolutely a total waist of time and disrespectful of the people of the USA.People have a right to elect whoever they think is best for their country and would hazard a guess that most of these people are the first to complain about foreign interference in other countries.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Best president ever? No.

But, whether you like him or not, he has actually managed to achieve quite a few of his promises. Which is a damn site more than Obama managed.

On the economy he is way in front of Obama who just sat in the White House twiddling his thumbs for eight years.

Anyway, back to the visit.

As the current POTUS he is fully entitled to a state visit especially when commemorating the 75th Anniversary of D Day. A day when thousands of British and American soldiers lost their lives to free Europe from the scourge of REAL fascism.

Corbyn Khan et al should respect the office of the president and put their petty politics to one side if only out of respect to those who died on the 6th of June 1944.

As for the blimp I just wish that a fully loaded Spitfire would come and blow the fucking thing out of the sky.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

His time would be better spent cleansing his own party of bigots, instead of taking to the streets to complain about a foreign bigot.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Whist Trump doesn't have a clue what he is doing, Corbyn speaking at a demonstration in an anti-Trump fashion proves he equally doesn't have a clue.

We don't know if there will be a forced GE in the very near future or if in 2022 Labour will get into government. We don't know if Trump or the republicans will be re-elected. Corbyn doing what he's doing is extremely short sighted as regards any trade / security policy that may follow.

If that isn't worry enough economically or security wise, Corbyn hasn't realised that Labour voters are quite annoyed with his brexit stance and see America as our only ally outside of Europe, so pissing on them will not not be going down that well.

Maybe doing this is another way for him to distance himself government? I don't think he actually wants to touch Brexit - just bring the government down and object.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Can't decide what I think of President Trump and whether all the bad press is because he's a problem for the establishment or not. I mean nothing, not even one redeeming feature at all?

It does seem that if "1" isn't very important and "10" is extremely important, then 10s and 1s are mixed all over the place.

While Trump hasn't pushed through internet surveillance for everyone or bombed his own people for political purposes, he certainly has offended people. The outrage! (imo outrage is really just self-righteousness, another way for people to avoid any introspection)

Time will hopefully tell whether he's smarter than he looks and knows what he's doing (good call tasking NASA with going to the moon, about time for at least 1 visit after all these years, it can't cost THAT much) or he turns out to be another Boris after all.

Whatever, I'm just glad it's not Hillary, and they're not invading Iran, for now. Oh well, just have to concentrate on invading Venezuela, who coincidentally also have the largest oil supply in the world, and installing a World-Empire-Friendly president i.e. Guido instead.

That's much more to do with warmongering John Bolton and the US state rather than Trump himself anyway.

All these sackings, but why not sack that troublemaker John Bolton Mr President??

I like people who stand for something .Get up and stand up for what you believe in.

What's the old saying .

"Those that stand for nothing will fall for everything."

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I like people who stand for something .Get up and stand up for what you believe in.

What's the old saying .

"Those that stand for nothing will fall for everything." "

you mean like he as woth brexit bob lol he’s sat on the fence for 3 yrs like a pussy

"I like people who stand for something .Get up and stand up for what you believe in.

What's the old saying .

"Those that stand for nothing will fall for everything." you mean like he as woth brexit bob lol he’s sat on the fence for 3 yrs like a pussy "

What would you like him to be a remoaner or brexitremist.

Either one your dammed.Hes waiting stand as PM...Or stand down as leader.

Bristol East

On the question of the next PM, does anyone else think they've heard all this before from the Tory Party leadership candidates?

"I'll negotiate a good deal for Britain."

"We must keep no deal on the table."

"We will leave the EU on (insert date here)."

That's all we ever heard for two years from Mrs May.

The same rhetoric.

It's like watching a replay from 2017.

Is anyone falling for it?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

What's the old saying .

"Those that stand for nothing will fall for everything." you mean like he as woth brexit bob lol he’s sat on the fence for 3 yrs like a pussy

Either one your dammed.Hes waiting stand as PM...Or stand down as leader."

like him just to be clear on his brexit beliefs bob

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No matter what you think of trump personally the leader of the opposition should not be behaving in that way "

Yes very true if he was to ever become PM and he did not want to deal with leaders we did not approve of the country would become isolated,he is university lecturer not a polition he is as discrace to this country

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

why not......

but the other 3 days.... fair game... i don't believe he should have been given the chance of a full blown state visit....."

Polititions hve to be pragmatic and not imature

What's the old saying .

"Those that stand for nothing will fall for everything." you mean like he as woth brexit bob lol he’s sat on the fence for 3 yrs like a pussy

Either one your dammed.Hes waiting stand as PM...Or stand down as leader.like him just to be clear on his brexit beliefs bob "

He wants the conservatives to own brexit .They began it and they'll finish it and then labour gets into power.Probably a coalition government is my guess and labour won't have to drink from the poisonous cup that's brexit.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Best president ever? No.

But, whether you like him or not, he has actually managed to achieve quite a few of his promises. Which is a damn site more than Obama managed.

On the economy he is way in front of Obama who just sat in the White House twiddling his thumbs for eight years.

Anyway, back to the visit.

As the current POTUS he is fully entitled to a state visit especially when commemorating the 75th Anniversary of D Day. A day when thousands of British and American soldiers lost their lives to free Europe from the scourge of REAL fascism.

Corbyn Khan et al should respect the office of the president and put their petty politics to one side if only out of respect to those who died on the 6th of June 1944.

As for the blimp I just wish that a fully loaded Spitfire would come and blow the fucking thing out of the sky."

Absolutely

Seems to be more to this than we were led to believe.

It turns out that Corbyn actually wanted to meet with Trump - but the Donald said no. (This has been confirmed by the Labour Party)

Kinda puts Jezza's protests in a different light doesn't it.

Makes him look much more like a scorned snowflake than someone standing up for 'values'

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Seems to be more to this than we were led to believe.

It turns out that Corbyn actually wanted to meet with Trump - but the Donald said no. (This has been confirmed by the Labour Party)

Kinda puts Jezza's protests in a different light doesn't it.

Makes him look much more like a scorned snowflake than someone standing up for 'values'"

No doubt he wanted to ask him his views on women, immigration, gun laws, Iran and the lack of affordable healthcare in the US. Instead he got the huff and does the right honourable thing and speaks at an anti Trump demo instead.

Bristol East

"

Makes him look much more like a scorned snowflake than someone standing up for 'values'"

I'm not sure I follow the logic.

What appears obvious is that he rejected a request from the Leader of the Opposition for talks in favour of meetings with candidates for the leadership of the Conservative Party and the leader of the Brexit Party.

It tells you something about the weakness and vulnerability of the United Kingdom when a foreign head of state, on a state visit, feels comfortable doing that.

"

Makes him look much more like a scorned snowflake than someone standing up for 'values'

What appears obvious is that he rejected a request from the Leader of the Opposition for talks in favour of meetings with candidates for the leadership of the Conservative Party and the leader of the Brexit Party.

It tells you something about the weakness and vulnerability of the United Kingdom when a foreign head of state, on a state visit, feels comfortable doing that.

"

I think you've misunderstood.

My 'scorned snowflake' comment was directed at Corbyn, not the Donald.

"

I think you've misunderstood.

My 'scorned snowflake' comment was directed at Corbyn, not the Donald."

Don't you think having to hide an entire US navy war ship from trump last week because it's named after john McCain is taking snowflake to another level

Bob for PM!!

» Add a new message to this topic