FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is a successful Brexit

Is a successful Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine? "
Disappear from the political forum thats for sure but probably find something else to be all doom and gloom about.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine? "

What is the worst thing?? What does a great brexit look like and when will we see this new and fantastic future??

When it turns out to be fine, they will stick their fingers in their ears and continue to piss and moan that we shouldn’t have left and the whole thing is a disaster. That moron shooting his mouth of outside Parliament won’t have run out of money, he may carry on with his bullshit. Or he might disappear with it and live the dream of being semi wealthy in an independent Great Britain.

"The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine?

What is the worst thing?? What does a great brexit look like and when will we see this new and fantastic future??

"

Not while weak and unwilling politicians continue stalling the process. We will have to actually leave the EU before we can begin to rebuild our nation.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

What does a good Brexit look like and when can we reasonably expect to see it?

Many people outside the UK are salivating. The Americans and Russians etc. Excited to pick the bones of what's left.

Aside from few trolls on here. Does anyone still think that any positives will come from this. One recent thread seemed to suggest that some businesses might not close due Brexit, being the a huge win.

"The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine?

"

Doh! - When we actually leave!!

If we had just done what the majority had said 3 years ago, kicked over the desk and just left....we could either have been balls deep in a total mess or out of the swamp by now all squeeky clean....instead we're balls deep in a mess and we haven't even left!!

If we stay in the eu....will we be nipples deep in an even bigger mess or will everything just go back to normal pre 2016?

"If we had just done what the majority had said 3 years ago, kicked over the desk and just left....we could either have been balls deep in a total mess or out of the swamp by now all squeeky clean....instead we're balls deep in a mess and we haven't even left!!

If we stay in the eu....will we be nipples deep in an even bigger mess or will everything just go back to normal pre 2016?"

In fairness. We knew before the referendum how long and how complex it would be to leave. The current mess is the only possible short term outcome of the leave vote.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If it turns out well then as I have said before I will be happy, the problem with this type of post is that it assumes the opposing view wants it to be a shit feat so they can be proven right which is one of the most strange ideas of the whole thing..

Both sides of the argument want what's best or surely should do and its just the direction of travel etc that is the issue..

Having said all that I have yet to see anything that indicates that it will be fine for the common man and woman, and as we can all see wherever we live it's taken the emphasis of the reality that under austerity the cuts to the services that affect the common man and woman are very real and not being addressed..

Maybe that was the whole point..

Bristol East

The sad thing is that those areas most vulnerable to the economic shockwaves are those which voted most strongly to leave - the least prosperous parts.

But as one lady in the north-east said, if I have no money now and I have no money in the future, how can I be any worse off?

The other really disappointing thing is that, for all the rhetoric about tackling the sense of social and economic exclusion that lay behind much of the Brexit vote, I cannot think of a single policy initiative since to address it.

salisbury

Many people outside the UK are salivating. The Americans and Russians etc. Excited to pick the bones of what's left.

Aside from few trolls on here. Does anyone still think that any positives will come from this. One recent thread seemed to suggest that some businesses might not close due Brexit, being the a huge win."

This illustrates my point beautifully. Anyone that doesn't agree that Brexit will ruin the country is a troll...

IF it somehow works out and England is better off (Scotland will leave no matter what) then cool, happily hold my hands up in that case and say I'm surprised they did the impossible.

Question is, will hardcore Brexiters do the same if the plan falls the other way? If things go downhill completely how many here would be willing to admit they were wrong? Or would they find ways to blame "remoaners" instead like they've ironically been moaning about.

I've never read anything on here that could remotely suggest anyone was "salivating" at the prospect of the Country going down.

What I do see is remain voting people getting exasperated when leavers state as fact things that are so very easily proven incorrect or a down right lie or a massive gamble, then by explaining what Brexit points are lies and bullshit or high stake guess work the remainers then get accused of talking the Country down.

"IF it somehow works out and England is better off (Scotland will leave no matter what) then cool, happily hold my hands up in that case and say I'm surprised they did the impossible.

Question is, will hardcore Brexiters do the same if the plan falls the other way? If things go downhill completely how many here would be willing to admit they were wrong? Or would they find ways to blame "remoaners" instead like they've ironically been moaning about."

Quite a lot of Leavers on here have already blamed Remainers for Brexit not happening even though the hardest of hard-line Brexit MP's have repeatedly voted against Brexit or if Brexit is a failure and drives the country downwards it will of been the remainers fault and nothing to do with any idea of Brexit itself.

Many people outside the UK are salivating. The Americans and Russians etc. Excited to pick the bones or f what's left.

Aside from few trolls on here. Does anyone still think that any positives will come from this. One recent thread seemed to suggest that some businesses might not close due Brexit, being the a huge win.

This illustrates my point beautifully. Anyone that doesn't agree that Brexit will ruin the country is a troll... "

I think the problem is we keep getting told to shut the fuck up it's going be bloody brilliant if only you traitorous remoaners stopped moaning and ruining it..

I'd happily hold my hands up. However as im still not sure what the upside of Brexit is in tangible terms I'm not sure how success will be measured. The other thread suggested Brexit was avoidance of failsafes not working and something bad happening.

I guess we'd need to see a long term difference in economy between us and the eu above and beyond the variations we already see.

Maybe a significant eu directive that we fundamentally disagree with. And a belief we couldn't have vetod.

A significant improvement in income for the lower earners which can be attributed to lower immigration of eu nationals.

A decent FTA which clearly offsets anything we have lost with the eu/via EU.

Maybe leavers could say how they'd measure success rather than me second guess...

This illustrates my point beautifully. Anyone that doesn't agree that Brexit will ruin the country is a troll... "

I guess this harks back to conversations a couple of years ago around. "How bad does it have to get before Brexiteers will admit they were wrong."

It seems like even now, we haven't reached that low point yet.

I don't have a dog in the fight so to speak but in my opinion...brexiteers are not and will not run away screaming 'oh no what have we done!'... actually i think their resolve has stiffened further. Especially after the way the eu has treated the uk during negotiations...hence the win by nobend farage in the recent elections. I'm sure some have reversed their opinion but plenty have gone the other direction also...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It will as ,long as simple mided but very dangerous Corbyn does not get in,he is our problem

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Doh! - When we actually leave!!"

So on 1st November everything will be just hunky dory?

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

It will as ,long as simple mided but very dangerous Corbyn does not get in,he is our problem"

A good question there would be "Who can keep him out?" We've seen the Tory vote collapse in the last 2 elections, Farage will keep a lot of those voters if Brexit still hasn't been settled by the next GE, but probably not enough to win it, so it's Labour or the Liberals, who'll definitely try and stop Brexit if they get in.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Define your terms.

What is a successful Brexit and what is a failed Brexit?

I'd be happy if we do leave the EU and we are in the same place as we were in 2016.

The question is how many years until we get back to where we were?

If it turns out fine I can go back to not having to second guess the future.

What will you do if it turns out to be a disaster?

Bristol East

I think we can all agree it has been anything but a success so far.

"The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine? It will as ,long as simple mided but very dangerous Corbyn does not get in,he is our problem"

Corbyn has only one chance, zero chance that is. In a general election he would struggle to beat the libdems. There are plenty of idiots in this country, but not enough to elect the worst labour leader ever, I mean, at least Michael Foot was a gentleman...

salisbury

"I think we can all agree it has been anything but a success so far."

Yes, i think that's why people voted leave. Bless 'em.

West London

"The worst thing that can happen? Many seem to have already written off the UK, and literally salivate at any chance to put the country down. What on earth would these people do if it turns out fine? It will as ,long as simple mided but very dangerous Corbyn does not get in,he is our problem

Corbyn has only one chance, zero chance that is. In a general election he would struggle to beat the libdems. There are plenty of idiots in this country, but not enough to elect the worst labour leader ever, I mean, at least Michael Foot was a gentleman..."

...but enough idiots to vote for a party with no policies on anything except for leaving the EU.

Sorry, not a "policy", a "pledge" because that makes a difference.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

The question is ...what if we go and be successful....what will happen then to the eu/euro ....Will others go independent and go back to own currency.....

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

My prediction all along has been, and will continue to be that for the "man on the street" BREXIT will have little to no idea on his daily life.

It's neoliberalism that we need to address.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It will as ,long as simple mided but very dangerous Corbyn does not get in,he is our problem

A good question there would be "Who can keep him out?" We've seen the Tory vote collapse in the last 2 elections, Farage will keep a lot of those voters if Brexit still hasn't been settled by the next GE, but probably not enough to win it, so it's Labour or the Liberals, who'll definitely try and stop Brexit if they get in."

Yes this is why I worry,I just hope a new tory leader can be special but doubt it.

"The question is ...what if we go and be successful....what will happen then to the eu/euro ....Will others go independent and go back to own currency....."

It would be very difficult for a eurozone country to leave. They would need their own currency, which would take an immediate hit and devalue, to what extent is unknown, however, look at the £ how its fallen, so probably about 15-20%. On top of that, as we have found out, they would have to set up their own agencies, aviation, trade deals - we have only managed to flip 10 out of 60 on the same terms! The only advantage that they would have is to see how NOT to do it, and learn from our mistakes!

canterbury

Pound has not dropped that much in the britex period

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Isn't the point that Brexit economists such as Minford are predicting a tough few years unspecified time maybe a decade and there is no details on what is being rebuilt to what purpose for this glorious future ? Only benefit so far is a blue passport contract awarded to a French firm ffs.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

"Pound has not dropped that much in the britex period"

Which is a shame as that would be one direct benefit for UK exports

"Pound has not dropped that much in the britex period"

https://fullfact.org/economy/pound-fallen-since-brexit/

It has fallen 12% against the euro - the currency everyone knocks!

Bristol East

My prediction all along has been, and will continue to be that for the "man on the street" BREXIT will have little to no idea on his daily life.

It's neoliberalism that we need to address."

Easier for you to move to North Korea than it is to turn UK into North Korea

canterbury

On vote day 2016 euro 1.28 today 1.13... so that is not 15 to 20 percent is it ...more project fear

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Show one credible fact to the contrary and folks might believe you.

If it turns out well then as I have said before I will be happy, the problem with this type of post is that it assumes the opposing view wants it to be a shit feat so they can be proven right which is one of the most strange ideas of the whole thing..

Both sides of the argument want what's best or surely should do and its just the direction of travel etc that is the issue..

Having said all that I have yet to see anything that indicates that it will be fine for the common man and woman, and as we can all see wherever we live it's taken the emphasis of the reality that under austerity the cuts to the services that affect the common man and woman are very real and not being addressed..

Maybe that was the whole point.. "

West London

"The question is ...what if we go and be successful....what will happen then to the eu/euro ....Will others go independent and go back to own currency....."

The question is...what if an alien race arrives and exterminates us...what will happen then to turnips...will parrots become the dominant species...

What if

What is the actual economic argument for leaving. Economists for Free Trade say? That's the only argument for leaving...

» Add a new message to this topic