FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > the end of change uk.

the end of change uk.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

6 mps have left including chuka and heidi.That went well.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The resurgence of the Lib-Dems did for them!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Where they going?

near ipswich

yep looks like they will be joining them.personally i think they should go for bi- elections if they do but guess they wont again.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

they will likely end up with the lib dems.... eventually, which made sense after the locals and the euros....

allen, wooleston, and umuna were all natural lib dems to me..... soubrey was always the odd fit

the good thing is that it seems the lib dems finally found their feet..... and their branding issue after the coalition...

near ipswich

"they will likely end up with the lib dems.... eventually, which made sense after the locals and the euros....

allen, wooleston, and umuna were all natural lib dems to me..... soubrey was always the odd fit

the good thing is that it seems the lib dems finally found their feet..... and their branding issue after the coalition...

"

So _abio do you think its right to get elected for one party then leave for another and when that doesnt work out leave for another?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"they will likely end up with the lib dems.... eventually, which made sense after the locals and the euros....

So _abio do you think its right to get elected for one party then leave for another and when that doesnt work out leave for another?"

actually, in the seats they represent..... if they were to go the the lib dems i think 4 of the 6 of them would have a very good chance of keeping their seats, allen in south cambridgeshire, wooleston in totnes, chukka in streatham and burger in liverpool....

near ipswich

So _abio do you think its right to get elected for one party then leave for another and when that doesnt work out leave for another?

actually, in the seats they represent..... if they were to go the the lib dems i think 4 of the 6 of them would have a very good chance of keeping their seats, allen in south cambridgeshire, wooleston in totnes, chukka in streatham and burger in liverpool....

"

could well do all i was asking is do you think they should?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I wonder if the Lib Dems will have them, especially after their boasting that they would soon usurp them in the centre.

What a bunch of jokers.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

it proves that you need a simple message to get noticed,not high ideal,ie Lib dems,Brexit party or in the states the simplemessages of Trump,trying to be all things does not work never has.

Go back Atlee free health,Farage Brexit etc to use to extremes

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"it proves that you need a simple message to get noticed,not high ideal,ie Lib dems,Brexit party or in the states the simplemessages of Trump,trying to be all things does not work never has.

Go back Atlee free health,Farage Brexit etc to use to extremes"

I do not mean the NHS by the way I mean one simple idea on both ends of the spectrum,to me both good for Britain

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Total twats ...should all seek 're election ...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"6 mps have left including chuka and heidi.That went well. "

All change then, lol.

Funny how they've left because of disappointing performance in the EU elections, but are still banging on with the same old mantra - clearly demonstrating that they're still not listening

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

"Where they going? "

As far away from Westminster as possible

Time for them all to face bi elections

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Well they time chuka bumps his gums about the brexit cliff edge he mite want to have a look over the edge to see if he can find his career at the bottom

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"it proves that you need a simple message to get noticed,not high ideal,ie Lib dems,Brexit party or in the states the simplemessages of Trump,trying to be all things does not work never has.

Go back Atlee free health,Farage Brexit etc to use to extremes"

Simple messages appeal to simple people.

Newbury

Well, the centrists have been saying that the country should be less polarised.

And to be fair, ChUK have brought the country together - everyone is laughing at them.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Good. Not at all surprised by it. Not a single one of them had any credibility to start with.

All legends in their own lunchtime who believe their own bullshit because the media use them to fill in their quotas. Chuka, most of all.

He's so utterly lacking in principle or conviction, he might as well be a Tory; like Anna - who, clearly, still is.

Maybe - but I doubt it - they'll stand down as MPs and allow their constituents the chance to elect people who will actually represent them; rather than fart about attention seeking.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Well they time chuka bumps his gums about the brexit cliff edge he mite want to have a look over the edge to see if he can find his career at the bottom "

Lol, his career is still in freefall hurtling towards the bottom of the Grand Canyon!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

so is anna leading herself? you could see this coming a mile off when they first came about.so if the lib dems dont take them will any of them crawl back to there original partys or will they all be down the job centre at the next G.E

near ipswich

They were like the new messiah to alot of remainers on here when they 1st formed.

Newbury

Apparently Chukka is doing his own thing called "The Alternative" now.

Maybe a party of one has room for his ego.....

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

They are all politically dead.

PMSL

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Where they going? "

To the political graveyard by the looks of things. Arrogant, pompous fools, full of their own self importance.

As they all refuse to stand in by elections, then a general election can't come quick enough, I think each and every one of these non-entities will lose their seats.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I think their main problem was the by-election issue , Irrespective of whether you agree or not with what they wanted , their main aim was for another referendum as people may have changed their minds , but they were not prepared to allow their constituents the same option ,, I am fully aware that all parties have accepted people " crossing the floor" in the past , but on this occasion , probably more than most it does look hypocritical ,

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"They were like the new messiah to alot of remainers on here when they 1st formed. "

Indeed, get ready for the back tracking from the know it alls! Lol

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

could well do all i was asking is do you think they should?"

Should Farage have stood for re-election when he left UKIP along with the other MEPs who did the same?

MPs in the UK are elected as individuals in the UK regardless of party.

Better if they stand again but of they choose not to that is their right.

Churchill didn't when he crossed the floor.

In Europe they are elected from a party list.

They should go because their seat is tied to that party.

What do you think?

West London

"They were like the new messiah to alot of remainers on here when they 1st formed. "

Obviously not to that many remainers eh?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Shirlee Williams and her 'gang of 4' mark 2. History repeats itself with monotonous regularity.

near ipswich

Should Farage have stood for re-election when he left UKIP along with the other MEPs who did the same?

What do you think?"

Personally i think anyone who leaves a party should stand for re election.In general elections i dont think people vote for a personality, well i dont i look at the manifestos .Obviously you cant like everything but the one nearest to my views i vote for.Nothing to do with the person, i vote on party lines.

West London

What do you think?Personally i think anyone who leaves a party should stand for re election.In general elections i dont think people vote for a personality, well i dont i look at the manifestos .Obviously you cant like everything but the one nearest to my views i vote for.Nothing to do with the person, i vote on party lines."

I don't disagree. However, our system is as it is.

It is also possible to believe every word of a manifesto and disagree strongly with the direction of the party which can change significantly after an election. Alternatively, when events happen your party may go in a direction that you find unacceptable yet you are the same person and represent the same views that you were elected on.

» Add a new message to this topic