FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Oh dear Boris

Oh dear Boris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

" “It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.”

“They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM… They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Labour Party has handed power over to the brooding Scottish power-maniac.”

"

Boris Johnson's rant when Gordon Brown took over as Prime Minister after Blair without the public getting a say in the matter.

I wonder if Boris wins the leadership selection will he immediately call a general election to avoid a democratic fraud.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Like fuck will he..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

" “It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.”

“They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM… They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Labour Party has handed power over to the brooding Scottish power-maniac.”

Boris Johnson's rant when Gordon Brown took over as Prime Minister after Blair without the public getting a say in the matter.

I wonder if Boris wins the leadership selection will he immediately call a general election to avoid a democratic fraud. "

No the political situation does not allow for one before early next year.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I wonder if Boris wins the leadership selection will he immediately call a general election to avoid a democratic fraud.

No the political situation does not allow for one before early next year."

It only needs parliamentary approval and one can be called anytime.

» Add a new message to this topic