FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Change my View - Sir Oswald Moseley

Change my View - Sir Oswald Moseley

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

okay politics I know, but you know the rules, know biting, kicking or foul play.

My View - We NEED an Oswald Moseley in politics today, GO!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who

"Who "

British fascist who wanted Hitler to win the war.

Not sure when outright support of Nazis became something to be condoned.

"Who "

Politician of the WW2 era, widely regarded as a heavy anti semetic English hitler, listen to some speeches on youtube and see for yourself.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

"okay politics I know, but you know the rules, know biting, kicking or foul play.

My View - We NEED an Oswald Moseley in politics today, GO!"

Please can you present your case as to why we need one?

"Who

British fascist who wanted Hitler to win the war.

Not sure when outright support of Nazis became something to be condoned."

ahh here we go, right, not sure where the outright support of hitler comes from but actually didn't want any war at all as far as I can hear.

"okay politics I know, but you know the rules, know biting, kicking or foul play.

Please can you present your case as to why we need one?"

Most certainly, his view of politics itself at the time is what most intrigues me, he makes a reference in a few speeches to 'a new mac_ine' and that I believe we indeed need, answer me this, do we have true democracy? is the will of the people carried out? have we left the EU or have we all sat around watching politicians blunder around making a fool of themselves? I strongly believe that he had a genius idea, in one of the television interviews he states that his government would be liable to sacking by the public if they failed in their job. sounds good to me!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

erm... yeah.... you might want to read up on the "battle of cable street"... its one of those things in east end folklore.....

London

Most certainly, his view of politics itself at the time is what most intrigues me, he makes a reference in a few speeches to 'a new mac_ine' and that I believe we indeed need, answer me this, do we have true democracy? is the will of the people carried out? have we left the EU or have we all sat around watching politicians blunder around making a fool of themselves? I strongly believe that he had a genius idea, in one of the television interviews he states that his government would be liable to sacking by the public if they failed in their job. sounds good to me!"

So you’d like someone to come in who speaks their mind, who will follow on what the public consensus is, and who changes the political system to ensure politicians deliver on what they say they will?

London

erm... yeah.... you might want to read up on the "battle of cable street"... its one of those things in east end folklore....."

Politics forum??

He was a Hitler supporting fascist right winger. Think his kind are best left in the annals of history x

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

It’s alright, we’ve already got Farage thanks

(And I’m out of milkshakes )

His views of politics including targeting Jews in Cable Street and, after the War, advocating the forces repatriation of Afro-Caribbeans from the UK?

Can't see much point debating this much further if you think this guy's a 'genius'.

Fair play. The daily mail will support them. But plenty of normal decent folks will kick their arse on Cable Street given the chance.

We don't need them. We need people that unite not divide

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Politics forum??"

noooo.... don't move this one... if someone wants to write something as silly as the OP did, I think he deserves to be ridiculed in front of the widest available audience...

Most certainly, his view of politics itself at the time is what most intrigues me, he makes a reference in a few speeches to 'a new mac_ine' and that I believe we indeed need, answer me this, do we have true democracy? is the will of the people carried out? have we left the EU or have we all sat around watching politicians blunder around making a fool of themselves? I strongly believe that he had a genius idea, in one of the television interviews he states that his government would be liable to sacking by the public if they failed in their job. sounds good to me!

So you’d like someone to come in who speaks their mind, who will follow on what the public consensus is, and who changes the political system to ensure politicians deliver on what they say they will?"

Nailed it pretty well, bit of belief in a greater England, pride in anyone who does good for developing society and the nation cant hurt either I suppose!

London

So you’d like someone to come in who speaks their mind, who will follow on what the public consensus is, and who changes the political system to ensure politicians deliver on what they say they will?

Nailed it pretty well, bit of belief in a greater England, pride in anyone who does good for developing society and the nation cant hurt either I suppose! "

But the thing is you need to look at somebody in the full, what else were their views, what else did they advocate? I’m not sure that when you do that with M that there’s any place for him or someone that aligns with his views in politics - unless you want to perpetuate hate.

erm... yeah.... you might want to read up on the "battle of cable street"... its one of those things in east end folklore....."

yes I have, and I never said he was perfect, I haven't said hes the be all and end all, but his ideas of reform in politics are just as valid today as they were then

"His views of politics including targeting Jews in Cable Street and, after the War, advocating the forces repatriation of Afro-Caribbeans from the UK?

Can't see much point debating this much further if you think this guy's a 'genius'."

That's exactly the reason for the debate.

Take a look at my 'change my view' thread for the basis and reasoning.

A bold opening stance OP, I'll say that much!

Tea

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"He was a Hitler supporting fascist right winger. Think his kind are best left in the annals of history x"

this..

His politics and others of the same ilk now are not what society needs nor i would predict the vast majority want..

Nailed it pretty well, bit of belief in a greater England, pride in anyone who does good for developing society and the nation cant hurt either I suppose!

But the thing is you need to look at somebody in the full, what else were their views, what else did they advocate? I’m not sure that when you do that with M that there’s any place for him or someone that aligns with his views in politics - unless you want to perpetuate hate. "

well that is a very good point, but if you listen to him in intervies in his later life, he explains that he had differing views to other people, but there was a minority group that attacked him and his supporters with violence which at the time he was not using, he certainly reacted to that with what he felt neccecary, and sometimes violence can only be met with violence

Is this because you believe he would of delivered on brexit or are you actually a fascist

London

But the thing is you need to look at somebody in the full, what else were their views, what else did they advocate? I’m not sure that when you do that with M that there’s any place for him or someone that aligns with his views in politics - unless you want to perpetuate hate.

well that is a very good point, but if you listen to him in intervies in his later life, he explains that he had differing views to other people, but there was a minority group that attacked him and his supporters with violence which at the time he was not using, he certainly reacted to that with what he felt neccecary, and sometimes violence can only be met with violence"

I don’t think that overrides my issues with him. And I’m not really convinced that he was the only person that has stood for the principles you uphold in him. Convince me why he is to be revered...

"His views of politics including targeting Jews in Cable Street and, after the War, advocating the forces repatriation of Afro-Caribbeans from the UK?

Can't see much point debating this much further if you think this guy's a 'genius'.

That's exactly the reason for the debate.

Take a look at my 'change my view' thread for the basis and reasoning.

A bold opening stance OP, I'll say that much!

Tea"

I say I think they are genius ideas, I approve of them, I believe that allot of the political reforms he wanted to bring about were well justified and would be well received today, you might not, you might think that they are horrendous and the system works fine as it is, which I don't

"Is this because you believe he would of delivered on brexit or are you actually a fascist "

no, he wouldn't have, he supported Europe and a greater state of nations far too much for that to happen, which is a sound idea in principle, but he would have made politics better for us, as the people, I belive we would have a greater say in the direction the country goes and grows

well that is a very good point, but if you listen to him in intervies in his later life, he explains that he had differing views to other people, but there was a minority group that attacked him and his supporters with violence which at the time he was not using, he certainly reacted to that with what he felt neccecary, and sometimes violence can only be met with violence

I don’t think that overrides my issues with him. And I’m not really convinced that he was the only person that has stood for the principles you uphold in him. Convince me why he is to be revered..."

That is a tough question to answer indeed, well for one anyone, anyone who is willing to give the greatest gift and sacrifice themselves for the protection of their own country is to be revered anyway, he was a man who stood by his principles, wanted England and great Britain to be great, to grow in the field of sciences and manufacture, for Britons to be proud of their nation, are you proud of our green and pleasant land? He wanted politics by action not politics by talk and rose to a threat of violence by using violence, to sit down and be outed because people didn't like him would be the easy way out. He saw heroism as someone who does something for the development of others, and we would potentially have had a far greater scientific input to politics and a much quicker reaction to climate change with people of his political mind.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Does the world really need any more hate fuelled fascists

"Does the world really need any more hate fuelled fascists "

with the politics he was supposing normal people like you and I would be able to say no to any hate fuelled fascism, but I believe we need a reform of the political mac_ine, and there's no denying he would have brought it

London

I don’t think that overrides my issues with him. And I’m not really convinced that he was the only person that has stood for the principles you uphold in him. Convince me why he is to be revered...

That is a tough question to answer indeed, well for one anyone, anyone who is willing to give the greatest gift and sacrifice themselves for the protection of their own country is to be revered anyway, he was a man who stood by his principles, wanted England and great Britain to be great, to grow in the field of sciences and manufacture, for Britons to be proud of their nation, are you proud of our green and pleasant land? He wanted politics by action not politics by talk and rose to a threat of violence by using violence, to sit down and be outed because people didn't like him would be the easy way out. He saw heroism as someone who does something for the development of others, and we would potentially have had a far greater scientific input to politics and a much quicker reaction to climate change with people of his political mind."

I’m not really pro anyone who uses arbitrary borders to determine who gets and who does not.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Another admirer of fascism pops up on a website for swingers.

Jeeeeeeeeezus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QbL7fGr0U4

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QbL7fGr0U4"

See an arse; fab an arse

....so.... whats this thread about?

"

Jeeeeeeeeezus!

"

Not an admirer of fascim but someone who is tired of politics the way they are, I believe we need a change, and I believe he could have brought some that would have bettered the country, I do happily accept the comments of him being a hate fascist and maybe he was, but he did have some bloody good ideas!

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QbL7fGr0U4"

admittedly that's bloody hilarious

Who gives a F**k he is dead and good riddance, hope he is hell getting spit roasted of Hitler and the rest of his fascist wan**rs

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QbL7fGr0U4

See an arse; fab an arse

....so.... whats this thread about? "

well... in a basic sense wether we need political reform or not, in a more complicated sense wether a certain politician was justified or right in the actions he took to try and bring about such a reform

Okehampton

See an arse; fab an arse

well... in a basic sense wether we need political reform or not, in a more complicated sense wether a certain politician was justified or right in the actions he took to try and bring about such a reform"

Political reform that benefits who? If you use such words as "the people", well..... and if it's the "common good" then again, well..... who would such political reforms benefit, pray tell?

Bristol East

"

Jeeeeeeeeezus!

Not an admirer of fascim but someone who is tired of politics the way they are, I believe we need a change, and I believe he could have brought some that would have bettered the country, I do happily accept the comments of him being a hate fascist and maybe he was, but he did have some bloody good ideas!"

He was followed around by goose-stepping men in brown-shirt uniform who gave the Hitler salute while demanding the expulsion of Jews from the British Isles.

Just a shame that so many millions of British citizens had to give their lives to eradicate scum like that from these shores.

Still, you carry on - after all, they gave their lives for your right to say how much you admire a fascist.

Thug. Nope.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Most of Mosely's followers were pimple faced youths looking for an image....

Mosely never even managed to take over a tea room ....... let alone politics.

His successors are the National Front..... the B.N.P.... they won't take over politics either.

No matter how shite we get we won't let assorted criminals and bullies run the country.

And despite not liking any of the present bunch im not so much of a bloody moron that I think the alternatives do anything for anyone other than their own vainglorious egos and pockets.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Who gives a F**k he is dead and good riddance, hope he is hell getting spit roasted of Hitler and the rest of his fascist wan**rs"

I just thrive on informed debate.

Okay, so 45 minutes ago I posed a statement that I knew allot of people would feel strongly on, as do I, and after some actually very good internet debate (I know I'm not great by any stretch but every day is a learning day) I have come to this conclusion;

Do we need a Mr Moseley, Politically yes absolutely, Socially no, heres why:

Politically, we need reform, we need change, for years now we have been led around by a bunch of bafoons who promise us greatness and don't deliver. We as a nation are plagued by politics by talk rather than politics by action, we have been dragged into wars that have only served to bankrupt us more than we have gained from them, no body wins in war, but sometimes its necessary to stop you loosing everything. we should be proud in our identity, we are the original multinationals, being British is something I'm proud of, and I invite anyone of any nation to be proud of their country and what they stand for. But we have a long battle ahead of us, as a nation, as individuals, as Great Britain and one we cannot afford to loose. Politics is a very volatile subject as this post duly demonstrated, and I will admit to being more learned from this and having my eyes opened more, but I still believe that if you can not think of Moseley's fascism and problems he did undoubtedly cause and look at his politics for what are and the reform it could be then maybe allot of you might agree with me.

Socially, well this thread has demonstrated allot, this man clearly roused some, and pissed off allot. Although I do think he was provoked in his initial violence it did get out of hand, he played a dangerous game and lost, lost to the will of other fanatical violence and was tarred by it for the rest of his life, there is not much more to say about his social side, I respect him as a veteran member of the armed forces from the great war, but admit he made some mistakes and was flawed, more so than others and his contemporaries.

I hope you all enjoyed that little release, but I don't have the time to keep debating into the night. Shall we all go back to incredible debauchery and sexual flirting?

Okehampton

"Who gives a F**k he is dead and good riddance, hope he is hell getting spit roasted of Hitler and the rest of his fascist wan**rs

I just thrive on informed debate."

Marry me and together we will turn the world into a caustic pile of sarcastic bile....

...dream woman, right there

See an arse; fab an arse

well... in a basic sense wether we need political reform or not, in a more complicated sense wether a certain politician was justified or right in the actions he took to try and bring about such a reform

Political reform that benefits who? If you use such words as "the people", well..... and if it's the "common good" then again, well..... who would such political reforms benefit, pray tell?"

True political reform would benefit us all, I suppose I see deeper problems that just political, social too, I feel like we need a change to bring about an end to such massive poverty as there is in the country, there are successful people, but just because some genuine success means luxurious riches I wouldn't want them to be funding the country, if you've earned your money you should spend it, its a very difficult that you pose, but i'm nigh out of time although I cant answer that one, you've got me there I don't know who it will benefit

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Are you fucking serious?

"Who gives a F**k he is dead and good riddance, hope he is hell getting spit roasted of Hitler and the rest of his fascist wan**rs

I just thrive on informed debate."

you and I indeed, I started this thread to lean, be challenged and questioned and I have! and ive loved it all!

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Okay, so 45 minutes ago I posed a statement that I knew allot of people would feel strongly on, as do I, and after some actually very good internet debate (I know I'm not great by any stretch but every day is a learning day) I have come to this conclusion;

Politically, we need reform, we need change, for years now we have been led around by a bunch of bafoons who promise us greatness and don't deliver. We as a nation are plagued by politics by talk rather than politics by action, we have been dragged into wars that have only served to bankrupt us more than we have gained from them, no body wins in war, but sometimes its necessary to stop you loosing everything. we should be proud in our identity, we are the original multinationals, being British is something I'm proud of, and I invite anyone of any nation to be proud of their country and what they stand for. But we have a long battle ahead of us, as a nation, as individuals, as Great Britain and one we cannot afford to loose. Politics is a very volatile subject as this post duly demonstrated, and I will admit to being more learned from this and having my eyes opened more, but I still believe that if you can not think of Moseley's fascism and problems he did undoubtedly cause and look at his politics for what are and the reform it could be then maybe allot of you might agree with me.

Socially, well this thread has demonstrated allot, this man clearly roused some, and pissed off allot. Although I do think he was provoked in his initial violence it did get out of hand, he played a dangerous game and lost, lost to the will of other fanatical violence and was tarred by it for the rest of his life, there is not much more to say about his social side, I respect him as a veteran member of the armed forces from the great war, but admit he made some mistakes and was flawed, more so than others and his contemporaries.

I hope you all enjoyed that little release, but I don't have the time to keep debating into the night. Shall we all go back to incredible debauchery and sexual flirting?"

You could have used Thatcher as an example rather than that fascist pig.

Are you fucking serious?"

C'mon really, yes I am 'fucking serious' that I want that statement challenged, but with an actual answer please, with a point and argument to make me think...

are you fucking serious?

"Okay, so 45 minutes ago I posed a statement that I knew allot of people would feel strongly on, as do I, and after some actually very good internet debate (I know I'm not great by any stretch but every day is a learning day) I have come to this conclusion;

I hope you all enjoyed that little release, but I don't have the time to keep debating into the night. Shall we all go back to incredible debauchery and sexual flirting?

You could have used Thatcher as an example rather than that fascist pig."

But I didm't, opinions are beautiful aren't they

Urban myth, sure Mosley’s men lost that battle, but it wasn’t the people of the East End who he was up against. The people opposing that march were bussed in from all over the place. BUF organisers were at fault though, for making this march so widely known about for so long. They gave themselves no chance in the end.

Okehampton

See an arse; fab an arse

Political reform that benefits who? If you use such words as "the people", well..... and if it's the "common good" then again, well..... who would such political reforms benefit, pray tell?

True political reform would benefit us all, I suppose I see deeper problems that just political, social too, I feel like we need a change to bring about an end to such massive poverty as there is in the country, there are successful people, but just because some genuine success means luxurious riches I wouldn't want them to be funding the country, if you've earned your money you should spend it, its a very difficult that you pose, but i'm nigh out of time although I cant answer that one, you've got me there I don't know who it will benefit"

and therein lies the problem... you seek reform from a perspective that you believe it is needed, based on a perception that something is wrong... and you claim it would benefit us all, but who are the us and what are the benefits?

Whether you believe it or not, this is a land of opportunity if you are able to overcome inequality, now that is a mighty big "if", but do you believe that is the will/gift of politicians to create the societal change needed to bring about equality? I for one do not, I wouldn't trust a politician to open a £5 bottle of wine without corking it... Educate our children, through parenting and an education system and therein, maybe, we will find a solution

See an arse; fab an arse

True political reform would benefit us all, I suppose I see deeper problems that just political, social too, I feel like we need a change to bring about an end to such massive poverty as there is in the country, there are successful people, but just because some genuine success means luxurious riches I wouldn't want them to be funding the country, if you've earned your money you should spend it, its a very difficult that you pose, but i'm nigh out of time although I cant answer that one, you've got me there I don't know who it will benefit

and therein lies the problem... you seek reform from a perspective that you believe it is needed, based on a perception that something is wrong... and you claim it would benefit us all, but who are the us and what are the benefits?

Whether you believe it or not, this is a land of opportunity if you are able to overcome inequality, now that is a mighty big "if", but do you believe that is the will/gift of politicians to create the societal change needed to bring about equality? I for one do not, I wouldn't trust a politician to open a £5 bottle of wine without corking it... Educate our children, through parenting and an education system and therein, maybe, we will find a solution"

That is certainly an eloquently put point, I suppose one way to answer is to say us is the nation, the humble workers of all trades and the benefit is a more trustworthy political system that in which you would find politicians who you could trust to even park your car. Bringing an end to a seemingly endless line of useless muppets who seem to promise things they can't deliver.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Cable Street. The original Antifa got stuck in. They didn’t stand for it that day.

Antifa these days though lol.

Bristol East

One thing this thread does is highlight again the parallels with the 1930s.

A global financial crash, recession, austerity, depression, rising inequality, protectionism and economic nationalism, the rise of demagogues and populists, the scapegoating of minorities . . .

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

He was once quoted with saying that he wanted a “modern dictatorship” also isn”t his son max moseley?

And didn’t his BUF get their arses handed to them at the battle of cable street?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

We need someone who blames others for problems that we have brought upon ourselves?

Someone who offers easy answers to difficult questions?

Someone who defines "greatness" by being better than another group?

Someone who thinks one group has aright to subjugate others so that their lives can be enriched?

Someone who cannot be removed once they are in place because they know what's best?

Genius

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Man tries to argue that the person who founded the British Union of Fascists is somehow not a Fascist.

Welcome to 2019. The world's gone fucking bonkers.

in Lancashire

"Man tries to argue that the person who founded the British Union of Fascists is somehow not a Fascist.

Welcome to 2019. The world's gone fucking bonkers."

To be fair I think the guy is being the Devil's Advocate here. He is soliciting the responses he probably wants to hear and I don't think is an Oswald Moseley supporter. Probably quite the opposite.

Is his message that We already have a new Oswald Moseley in our midst ? Not sure about that, he was a pretty extreme guy that tried to ferment fascism and whipped up the mob to a fair old froth.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"One thing this thread does is highlight again the parallels with the 1930s.

A global financial crash, recession, austerity, depression, rising inequality, protectionism and economic nationalism, the rise of demagogues and populists, the scapegoating of minorities . . ."

This

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He was a dscusting very nasty Nazi we do not need him e have Corbyn instead,NO TO EXTREMISM.

Those of you who think Farage is extreme have little or know knowledge of history

in Lancashire

"One thing this thread does is highlight again the parallels with the 1930s.

A global financial crash, recession, austerity, depression, rising inequality, protectionism and economic nationalism, the rise of demagogues and populists, the scapegoating of minorities . . .

This"

Ditto..

With the added bonus of social media to spread the hate, lies and propoganda..

Bristol East

indeed. The EU has just published a report citing instances of misinformation spread via social media during the European elections and traced to Russia.

in Lancashire

"indeed. The EU has just published a report citing instances of misinformation spread via social media during the European elections and traced to Russia.

"

Which trump will probably call out as fake news..

Wonder why he's so gutless when it comes to Putin..

“When I speak of Fascism in England, I am not necessarily thinking of Mosley and his pimpled followers. English Fascism, when it arrives, is likely to be of a sedate and subtle kind (presumably, at any rate at first, it won’t be called Fascism)”

George Orwell, The Road to Wigan Pier

Bristol East

"

Which trump will probably call out as fake news..

Wonder why he's so gutless when it comes to Putin.. "

Because he admires gangsters basically.

Sees himself as one.

Sees the world divided between 3 - Trump, Putin and Xi.

His manipulation of NATO is the nearest thing to a protection racket you are ever likely to see from a head of state.

First, he threatens to walk out unless they up the spending.

Then he bullies them into buying US products.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

well that is a very good point, but if you listen to him in intervies in his later life, he explains that he had differing views to other people, but there was a minority group that attacked him and his supporters with violence which at the time he was not using, he certainly reacted to that with what he felt neccecary, and sometimes violence can only be met with violence"

Marriage to Diana Mitford

Cynthia died of peritonitis in 1933, after which Mosley married his mistress Diana Guinness, née Mitford (1910–2003). They married in secret in Germany on 6 October 1936 in the Berlin home of Germany's Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda Joseph Goebbels. Adolf Hitler was one of the guests.

Mosley spent large amounts of his private fortune on the British Union of Fascists (BUF) and tried to establish it on a firm financial footing by various means including an attempt to negotiate, through Diana, with Adolf Hitler for permission to broadcast commercial radio to Britain from Germany. Mosley reportedly struck a deal in 1937 with Francis Beaumont, heir to the Seigneurage of Sark, to set up a privately owned radio station on Sark.

Seems like he wanted Germany to control the uk by way of.radio shows broadcast from there to here.

Strange that you would want germany to control the uk when so many want the uk to leave the EU .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Many people create a lot of good ideas, especially when they've been around a long enough time. It's the other stuff that's interspersed with them, taken as a whole, that sums up someone's life quality. This guys not worth a junk bond.

Consigning hate to the past is the better thing for the UK to do. Racists need a ban from holding political office. The anti-Semitic hate of this guy should be more than enough to ensure you say no, rejecting any populist politician who stokes hate against people who are different.

Change is better achieved through communication and consensus. Discuss and negotiate with the hate minded but don't include their sick goals.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

No matter how shite we get we won't let assorted criminals and bullies run the country.

err news flash we currently do

By *areToBe43Man  over a year ago

Surrey

WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS NOW IS A STRONG LEADER WHO SAYS IT LIKE IT IS AND MAKES THE TRAINS RUN ON TIME.

(Caps lock on for swivel-eyed comedic effect)

Surrey

Also, any grown man wearing three-quarter length shorts and pulled up socks while also sporting a pencil moustache probably shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Yeah! Fuck Salvador dali!

"Yeah! Fuck Salvador dali! "

Well pops .Salvador Dali had homoerotic fantasies about Hitler.He was a big fan of Franco also .

Now can we assume his dress sense had some influence on Hitler's . ?Doubtful .

I think we should separate the artist from his politics with regard Dali. But not Hitler his art was shit and so was his politics .

"Yeah! Fuck Salvador dali!

Well pops .Salvador Dali had homoerotic fantasies about Hitler.He was a big fan of Franco also .

Now can we assume his dress sense had some influence on Hitler's . ?Doubtful .

I think we should separate the artist from his politics with regard Dali. But not Hitler his art was shit and so was his politics . "

i was more focused on his face pubes to be honest bob. I suppose i could've used clarke gable or dick dastardly for my crap observations....good knowledge tho!

Who knew hitler's politics was shit? Lol

Most certainly, his view of politics itself at the time is what most intrigues me, he makes a reference in a few speeches to 'a new mac_ine' and that I believe we indeed need, answer me this, do we have true democracy? is the will of the people carried out? have we left the EU or have we all sat around watching politicians blunder around making a fool of themselves? I strongly believe that he had a genius idea, in one of the television interviews he states that his government would be liable to sacking by the public if they failed in their job. sounds good to me!"

We don't live in a true democracy. We live in a parliamentary representative democracy.

What leavers wanted is the result to be acted upon in the fashion of a direct democracy, which just isn't out system.

Surrey

“Salvador Dali had homoerotic fantasies about Hitler.He was a big fan of Franco also .”

Well, hand on heart, which one of us here can say with any honesty that at one time or another we haven’t harboured an epic crush against one fascist dictator or another?

Orwell said it best: “If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.”

Bring it on, I say. This country went to the dogs a long time ago. We all need a good kicking from a strong leader who knows what’s right for us, isn’t afraid to speak his mind and has the force of will to turn back the clock on our so-called liberal democracy.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Bring it on, I say. This country went to the dogs a long time ago. We all need a good kicking from a strong leader who knows what’s right for us, isn’t afraid to speak his mind and has the force of will to turn back the clock on our so-called liberal democracy."

"Who knows what's right for us"?

...your philosophy immediately starts from a flawed premiss, and what's wrong with a liberal democracy? Do you really want to be told what to do?

Glasgow

"

Those of you who think Farage is extreme have little or know knowledge of history"

Not sure how history informs a view of contemporary extremism, it's like excusing the misdeeds of Hitler because Genghis Khan was worse.

Surrey

@blondeblackwood (I was totally being tongue-in-cheek. Would take someone with a very limited imagination to say that kind of thing with a straight face. Ohhh. Hang on. There genuinely are people saying that kind of thing with a straight face. Dear god. How did we get to this!?)

Bristol East

"“Salvador Dali had homoerotic fantasies about Hitler.He was a big fan of Franco also .”

Well, hand on heart, which one of us here can say with any honesty that at one time or another we haven’t harboured an epic crush against one fascist dictator or another?

Orwell said it best: “If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.”

Bring it on, I say. This country went to the dogs a long time ago. We all need a good kicking from a strong leader who knows what’s right for us, isn’t afraid to speak his mind and has the force of will to turn back the clock on our so-called liberal democracy."

21st century luddite.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"@blondeblackwood (I was totally being tongue-in-cheek. Would take someone with a very limited imagination to say that kind of thing with a straight face. Ohhh. Hang on. There genuinely are people saying that kind of thing with a straight face. Dear god. How did we get to this!?)"

See my earlier post: the world has gone fucking bonkers.

Trotsky had it right....

"If you can't convince a fascist, acquaint his head with the pavement"

"Trotsky had it right....

"If you can't convince a fascist, acquaint his head with the pavement""

because violence works....right?

because violence works....right?"

It did in WWII .Its a necessary tool.Like all tools they have there time and place.

Some people only understand the language of violence unfortunately.Its a means to and end .

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Mosley was a fascist in another age. His views were rejected then and would be rejcted now.

He wanted to replace democracy ith a committee of "wise men" who "know better". His vision of Government was undemocratic. His support for Mussolini was unpalatable. His views on race were disgusting.

Hitler liked him.....and was a fuest at his second wedding. Doesn't that say enough on it's own?

It did in WWII .Its a necessary tool.Like all tools they have there time and place.

Some people only understand the language of violence unfortunately.Its a means to and end ."

but violence on an individual basis? Stamping a head onto a pavement because someone has a different (however crazy) ideology than another person? Surely that's just thuggery bob.... beating up people because they think differently is wrong.

Btw bob...when's your court case hearing for kicking the shit outta that Texaco petrol pump attendant? .....

i'm kidding folks....he didn't do that. It was actually an Esso petrol pump attendant.

.again not true

Some people only understand the language of violence unfortunately.Its a means to and end .

but violence on an individual basis? Stamping a head onto a pavement because someone has a different (however crazy) ideology than another person? Surely that's just thuggery bob.... beating up people because they think differently is wrong.

Btw bob...when's your court case hearing for kicking the shit outta that Texaco petrol pump attendant? .....

i'm kidding folks....he didn't do that. It was actually an Esso petrol pump attendant.

.again not true "

Sorry don't get reference.Ive not been watch news.My local petrol station is a posh M&S one.

On the subject of violence.

They people we've bombed fought throughout history are all individuals .

Glasgow

"@blondeblackwood (I was totally being tongue-in-cheek. Would take someone with a very limited imagination to say that kind of thing with a straight face. Ohhh. Hang on. There genuinely are people saying that kind of thing with a straight face. Dear god. How did we get to this!?)"

Apologies, my irony-e-meter was low on battery, but as you say in these weird times your playful comment is almost believable!

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I'm not reading the string on this. I read the headline

Listen mate who wrote it dont talk shite. Go get yourself a nude book and have a wank ya racist bigoted fruitcake.

The point of the Trotsky quote is that fascism relates to something much more dangerous than other ideologies. It is a violent and oppressive ideology which can not be debated, it has to be opposed and challenged.

The reason that people like Le Pen, Jobbik and Geert Wilders have prospered in other countries is that they were entertained as politicians. In the UK we successfully no-platformed the likes of the NF, BNP, EDL etc etc for years.

Debate only empowers fascism, it needs to be challenged and blocked from below.

But communism is OK yeah? That can be preached unhindered and without question? If you were to enter some sort of pissing contest then you'll find that historically communism has killed more people than fascism.... Not that I support either.

Yes, communism is different. When you refer to communism you are referring to Mao or Stalin, neither are communism.

If you want to turn this into a pissing competition then I have to warn you that capitalism will win hands down in terms of death toll.

Maybe it's just " isms " these words are just tools to control the masses or kill them if necessary.

"Yes, communism is different. When you refer to communism you are referring to Mao or Stalin, neither are communism.

If you want to turn this into a pissing competition then I have to warn you that capitalism will win hands down in terms of death toll."

So deplatform the far left and the far right?

I'm pretty sure stalin and Mao were communist as much as Hitler and mussolini were fascist. Maybe my history books were messed up at school

"Yes, communism is different. When you refer to communism you are referring to Mao or Stalin, neither are communism.

If you want to turn this into a pissing competition then I have to warn you that capitalism will win hands down in terms of death toll.

So deplatform the far left and the far right?

I'm pretty sure stalin and Mao were communist as much as Hitler and mussolini were fascist. Maybe my history books were messed up at school "

Who are the far left..greens??

Read any real analysis of Stalin and Mao. They were nominally head of self proclaimed communist states without in any real sense being communist. In many ways Stalin was a counter revolutionary force which rolled back gains from the revolution, suppressed democracy, increased repression etc.

In no sense can you say that they were as close to communism as Mussolini and Hitler were to fascism. Mussolini and his forces invented fascism, the Italian word fascia is where it arises.

Fascism aims to obliterate democracy, communism aims to bring about a different form of democracy, and is not about persecution of minorities etc. They are vastly different.

So it's not a no-platform to fatr left and far right, just.like it's not a no platform for Farage. Fascism is a different matter though

So deplatform the far left and the

far right?

I'm pretty sure stalin and Mao were communist as much as Hitler and mussolini were fascist. Maybe

my history books were messed up at school

Who are the far left..greens??"

C'mon Bob! The greens are commie-maxis! That's why we vote for them

So deplatform the far left and the

far right?

I'm pretty sure stalin and Mao were communist as much as Hitler and mussolini were fascist. Maybe

my history books were messed up at school

Who are the far left..greens??

C'mon Bob! The greens are commie-maxis! That's why we vote for them "

I voted for the universal basic income for all .Keerrching!

» Add a new message to this topic