FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > China in the news... again !

China in the news... again !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

First it’s our mobile phones and 5G network, next it’s our fighter jets....

All hail the great conquering PRC

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ffs...got excited there...i thought he was coming back on Wheeler-Dealers'....i miss him loads

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Ffs...got excited there...i thought he was coming back on Wheeler-Dealers'....i miss him loads"
i thought the price of teapots were going up due to brexit.

"Ffs...got excited there...i thought he was coming back on Wheeler-Dealers'....i miss him loads i thought the price of teapots were going up due to brexit. "

'Wishful thinking' ... it's not that sort of 'china crisis'

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Vladimir Putin's speech to the 2007 Munich Security Conference is really the backdrop to what we are seeing today . . . the progression from a bipolar world of the Cold War to a unipolar world that gave us Iraq and now a multipolar world.

"Madam Federal Chancellor already mentioned this. The combined GDP measured in purchasing power parity of countries such as India and China is already greater than that of the United States.

"And a similar calculation with the GDP of the BRIC countries – Brazil, Russia, India and China – surpasses the cumulative GDP of the EU. And according to experts this gap will only increase in the future.

"There is no reason to doubt that the economic potential of the new centres of global economic growth will inevitably be converted into political influence and will strengthen multipolarity.

"In connection with this the role of multilateral diplomacy is significantly increasing. The need for principles such as openness, transparency and predictability in politics is uncontested and the use of force should be a really exceptional measure, comparable to using the death penalty in the judicial systems of certain states."

Russia and China are chummy. The US today is chummy with no-one.

America First is America Alone, say the Chinese.

Bristol East

China seems quite restrained in its response to the protests in Hong Kong.

I thought the protests were against an extradition treaty. That's been dropped, so I don't know now what the objective is.

It all looks quite chaotic on my telly screen.

I doubt if the UK authorities would have been so tolerant if protestors closed down, say, Heathrow for a couple of days.

here

The extradition treaty has not been withdrawn completely - which is why they continue to protest.

As a result of the police handling of the protests, the protestors also now want full and independent investigations into the police.

China have been very reserved in their response - stressing at the 2 briefings they have held - we fully support the chief executive and the way the protests are being handled.

China can not send in the PLA - the knock on effect of this would be catastrophic for HK.

The disruption caused so far has already dented the reputation of HK

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

That training exercise near the border looks ominous.

The Chinese are all about face .They spend their life attempting to not lose it or make others lose it.I lived in HK for a few years they’re pragmatic and both sides will back down slowly trying to keep the other from losing face..

Bristol East

"That training exercise near the border looks ominous.

"

It appears to be the Americans who are talking this up.

I read also the US asked for permission for two of its warships to visit Hong Kong.

The Chinese are too polite to tell Trump to "fuck off and mind your own business".

But I am sure that would be the sentiment in the diplomatic response.

Trump seems determined to keep poking China in the eye with a stick.

"The Chinese are all about face .They spend their life attempting to not lose it or make others lose it.I lived in HK for a few years they’re pragmatic and both sides will back down slowly trying to keep the other from losing face.."

You sure do get about!

here

What’s not known is if Trump is referring to the massive training exercise that took place in the schenzhen area a few weeks ago, or if his intel is new (last few days).

The PLA also released a training video in which they were shown dealing with volunteers dressed in black T-shirt’s

China is wheeling out the same message to any country who comments on the situation .

Butt out, this is a China matter!

Bristol East

Have you heard of the "balance of terror"?

This is the understanding between the US and China (though I am not sure of Trump's take on it).

China holds the ultimate weapon in an economic war with US - US sovereign debt.

Dump that on the markets, the $ crashes and the US goes into recession.

Of course, if America nosedives it takes the rest of the world down, too, including China.

That's why they call it the balance of terror.

Playing that card would be like the EU insisting on a hard Brexit - yes, it'll damage the other side, but you'll take a hit, too.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"China seems quite restrained in its response to the protests in Hong Kong.

I thought the protests were against an extradition treaty. That's been dropped, so I don't know now what the objective is.

It all looks quite chaotic on my telly screen.

I doubt if the UK authorities would have been so tolerant if protestors closed down, say, Heathrow for a couple of days."

We agree again hooray

"Have you heard of the "balance of terror"?

This is the understanding between the US and China (though I am not sure of Trump's take on it).

China holds the ultimate weapon in an economic war with US - US sovereign debt.

Dump that on the markets, the $ crashes and the US goes into recession.

Of course, if America nosedives it takes the rest of the world down, too, including China.

That's why they call it the balance of terror.

Playing that card would be like the EU insisting on a hard Brexit - yes, it'll damage the other side, but you'll take a hit, too.

"

China has its own market now called Asia, it really isn't bothered to much by American woes, it's been buying gold like it's going out of fashion for 10 years now because it knows the American dollar is only going one way long term and that's through the floor, in reality the states maintain there currency value by military strength hence the 300 military bases encircling China.

The Chinese are long term, all there industrial output and financial dealings are strategies for the new Chinese dynasty.

Bristol East

Yes, I read the other day how Trump's sanctions have backfired.

The Chinese have stopped buying American and are now buying more in Asia in Europe.

So the trade deficit is widening, not closing, because Americans are still buying just as much Chinese output as before.

"Yes, I read the other day how Trump's sanctions have backfired.

The Chinese have stopped buying American and are now buying more in Asia in Europe.

So the trade deficit is widening, not closing, because Americans are still buying just as much Chinese output as before.

"

Learn mandarin and Chinese culture, you'll need it soon.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Yes, I read the other day how Trump's sanctions have backfired.

"

The export of American soya beans to China has dropped through the floor. So much so, there is 3 million tons sat in America that the Chinese now don't want. Trump is having to subsidise these farmers so they don't go bankrupt, whilst China now buys South American soya beans.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"The export of American soya beans to China has dropped through the floor. So much so, there is 3 million tons sat in America that the Chinese now don't want. Trump is having to subsidise these farmers so they don't go bankrupt, whilst China now buys South American soya beans.

"

In 2016 the Chinese soya been market was worth $27,000,000,000 to the USA. As of last week, when China signed a soya bean supply contract with Brazil and banned all state owned businesses from importing US soya products that market is worth ZERO! Even if The Donald stops his trade war with China today that market is gone for a minimum of this year and now even if China lifts its ban US farmers will now have to compete with Brazil for the business (and my money would be on Brazil in that competition).

near ipswich

"The export of American soya beans to China has dropped through the floor. So much so, there is 3 million tons sat in America that the Chinese now don't want. Trump is having to subsidise these farmers so they don't go bankrupt, whilst China now buys South American soya beans.

In 2016 the Chinese soya been market was worth $27,000,000,000 to the USA. As of last week, when China signed a soya bean supply contract with Brazil and banned all state owned businesses from importing US soya products that market is worth ZERO! Even if The Donald stops his trade war with China today that market is gone for a minimum of this year and now even if China lifts its ban US farmers will now have to compete with Brazil for the business (and my money would be on Brazil in that competition). "

Ahhh so countries can find new markets i wish these people who think we cant do without the eu would realize it.

Bristol East

Yes, and the terms depend on your clout. China has it. UK does not.

Only two blocs can compete with China - US, EU. Everyone else goes the line.

Bristol East

* toes the line

near ipswich

"Yes, and the terms depend on your clout. China has it. UK does not.

Only two blocs can compete with China - US, EU. Everyone else goes the line."

Do you ever wonder how other countries manage to survive? after all the uk is the 5th largest economy in the world and you seem to think that they wont, where does that leave all the others?

moston

"Ahhh so countries can find new markets i wish these people who think we cant do without the eu would realize it."

You have things back to front, we are the USA and the EU China in your analogy.

We export financial services, if the EU close their market to us then like the US farmers we will be stuck with a product and and no market. Fact is that regardless of what UKIP, BoJo or JRM might say there is little call for financial derivative services in the majority of the world outside the Western developed nations and 27 of the 35 of them are in the EU that we are leaving.

near ipswich

"Ahhh so countries can find new markets i wish these people who think we cant do without the eu would realize it.

You have things back to front, we are the USA and the EU China in your analogy.

We export financial services, if the EU close their market to us then like the US farmers we will be stuck with a product and and no market. Fact is that regardless of what UKIP, BoJo or JRM might say there is little call for financial derivative services in the majority of the world outside the Western developed nations and 27 of the 35 of them are in the EU that we are leaving."

Britain will evolve it has done for hundreds of years because that is what it does.I should imagine they said the same when the cotton mills all closed when the great manufacturing era ended when the ship yards all went Britain adapts and will continue to do so.

moston

"Britain will evolve it has done for hundreds of years because that is what it does.I should imagine they said the same when the cotton mills all closed when the great manufacturing era ended when the ship yards all went Britain adapts and will continue to do so."

Would that be just after the Tories sold out to the multinational corporations and allowed them to export our manufacturing base to the near and far east in the name of profit? Maybe you hadn't noticed but since we chose to leave the EU those same multinationals have been quietly preparing to move their financial assets out of the UK. The problem with the bulk of what is left of our economy is it can be moved across the world with a few strokes of a keyboard. All that is needed is a server office desk, chair and computer in the new place of business and the body to operate it. Too many people are being too blase about the whole of brexit, apparently all we need to do is be positive and show our bulldog Dunkirk blitz spirit and believe for everything to be fine.

Yea, and I have just seen a rainbow coloured unicorn dance down the street!

here

I’m impressed

It’s taken 9 weeks

I thought the thread would have deviated much sooner ...

near ipswich

"Britain will evolve it has done for hundreds of years because that is what it does.I should imagine they said the same when the cotton mills all closed when the great manufacturing era ended when the ship yards all went Britain adapts and will continue to do so.

Would that be just after the Tories sold out to the multinational corporations and allowed them to export our manufacturing base to the near and far east in the name of profit? Maybe you hadn't noticed but since we chose to leave the EU those same multinationals have been quietly preparing to move their financial assets out of the UK. The problem with the bulk of what is left of our economy is it can be moved across the world with a few strokes of a keyboard. All that is needed is a server office desk, chair and computer in the new place of business and the body to operate it. Too many people are being too blase about the whole of brexit, apparently all we need to do is be positive and show our bulldog Dunkirk blitz spirit and believe for everything to be fine.

Yea, and I have just seen a rainbow coloured unicorn dance down the street! "

Cheer up mate it will soon be over.

By *retty GoodMan  over a year ago

Cardiff Bay

[Removed by poster at 15/08/19 18:04:12]

here

Hong kony leader a Carrie Lam has announced the controversial extradition bill will formally be withdrawn.

Hopefully this will see a scaling down of the terrible violence

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

I thought the protests were about democracy??

They live in a surveillance state, the kind we are also being herded into.

They're fed up of being run over by tanks, everything monitored so no one can criticize the government without their social credit rating going down, their bank account being stopped, and soon to be cars stopped too when they become fully electric.

To be fair, I can't really blame these people for protesting. In the past, the situation they live in would have been considered nightmarish.

Bristol East

Shocking story on the BBC.

A million muslims detained in Chinese brainwashing camps until they demonstrate compliance with communist ideology.

» Add a new message to this topic