FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris thwarts channel 4

Boris thwarts channel 4

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Boris Johnson has thwarted channel 4's attempt to get all the Tory leaders to engage in a televised debate today? As Boris is not taking part, who do you think will come out on top in tonights debate?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is Boris the new May?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Is Boris the new May? "

Possibly but with even less if an idea than her..

Whatever he is it's going to be seen as a weakness by some to avoid debates..

Or arrogance..

If I were a tory member I'd be worried he couldn't stand up up corbyn in PMQ or the election.

While atm his personality may carry votes, I suspect it wouldn't take much to take him down a unelectable path...

"Boris Johnson has thwarted channel 4's attempt to get all the Tory leaders to engage in a televised debate today? As Boris is not taking part, who do you think will come out on top in tonights debate? "

Hunt on Boris... if he’s scared of facing us, “how will he fare with EU27?”

Couldn't agree more

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

“I think it is important that we have a sensible grown-up debate,” he told the BBC’s World at One. “My own observation is that in the past when you’ve had loads of candidates, it can be slightly cacophonous and I think the public have had quite a lot of blue on blue action frankly over the last three years.”

He is taking part in the BBC debate on Tuesday evening, after the field has been whittled down some more following the vote on Tuesday...

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 16/06/19 23:37:59]

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I think tactically it was a mistake for Johnson not to take part. It's difficult to know whether it's done him more harm than being there would have done, especially if Rory Stuart doesn't get through to the next round.

On the debate its self:-

The candidates I found myself mostly agreeing with were Rory Stuart and Jeremy Hunt.

The candidates that I thought presented their argument the best were Michael Gove and Rory Stuart.

The candidate that I found myself in most disagreement with and who also presented their argument the worst was Dominic Raad.

By *ip73Man  over a year ago

Stanwell

"I think tactically it was a mistake for Johnson not to take part. It's difficult to know whether it's done him more harm than being there would have done, especially if Rory Stuart doesn't get through to the next round.

On the debate its self:-

The candidates I found myself mostly agreeing with were Rory Stuart and Jeremy Hunt.

The candidates that I thought presented their argument the best were Michael Gove and Rory Stuart.

The candidate that I found myself in most disagreement with and who also presented their argument the worst was Dominic Raad.

"

I agree although Rory's niavity and wishy washyness won't get him through the next round. Also Rory and Dom bickered like an old married couple. Loved the digs at the absent Doris

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Boris Johnson has thwarted channel 4's attempt to get all the Tory leaders to engage in a televised debate today? As Boris is not taking part, who do you think will come out on top in tonights debate? "

Boris Johnson ran and hid. He was empty chaired.

He is a liar so wouldn't have brought much to the debate other than sound effects.

You can watch him lie and prevaricate on the Andrew Marr show:

https://www.indy100.com/article/boris-johnson-video-conservative-leader-prime-minister-bbc-eddie-mair-8930221

Stewart sounded the most realistic so will be popular amongst the general public and not the Conservative party.

Raab sounded like a dictator in waiting.

The others went through the motions of saying what they thought they had to.

Boris not attending the debate will not have harmed him after all he has been taalking to the people who will actually vote for him or indeed can actually vote in the election.

Pandering to the news chanel so that the general publice can watch the circus surves no perpose as we don't vont in this election only the tory memebers can vote.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Boris not attending the debate will not have harmed him after all he has been taalking to the people who will actually vote for him or indeed can actually vote in the election.

Pandering to the news chanel so that the general publice can watch the circus surves no perpose as we don't vont in this election only the tory memebers can vote.

"

The public have quite a big day in the general election though.

A problem for another day perhaps, but a real factor in who Tories think the next leader should be.

That said, it is another coronation. The decision is already made as he's saying what they want even if it isn't what they need.

Boris is playing this well to get Boris into number 10

Speak to MP's individually. Finesse the promises appropriatly.make no public statements to contradict the bespoked messages.

He knows the blue rinse memebers like his Estonian floppy hair and charisma. Throw in a 3k benefit.

And done.

What happens next. Who cares. He's PM.

If all the candidates I think he will lead us to the most miss manged no deal of them all. If he does this before a GE, TBP have no platform. It just leaves it wide open to a labour, or liblab, government...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Boris is playing this well to get Boris into number 10

Speak to MP's individually. Finesse the promises appropriatly.make no public statements to contradict the bespoked messages.

He knows the blue rinse memebers like his Estonian floppy hair and charisma. Throw in a 3k benefit.

And done.

What happens next. Who cares. He's PM.

If all the candidates I think he will lead us to the most miss manged no deal of them all. If he does this before a GE, TBP have no platform. It just leaves it wide open to a labour, or liblab, government...

"

Totally agree with the point that he only wants the keys to number 10, he will say anything and promise all to secure the job..

All else, brexit, the economy, diplomacy means little to him..

It's not really thwarting the media is it?

All I've seen from Boris is that he's like a disruptive child at school.

Needs to be put in special rooms and classes so he does say anything that gets him in trouble.

Do we really want a PM who needs babysitting?

» Add a new message to this topic