Next one to leave for the lib/dems?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Next one to leave for the lib/dems?"

I fecking hope so

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I can't see it, somehow. Mind you, anything is possible these days. It would tear Labour asunder.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think jeremy is doing a good job of that himself...

if he thinks he had a northern labour issue if he says labour should remain, that only going to be a slither of a problem she he try to keep the labour means leaves message in london and the south!

he could lose every marginal labour seat they have to the lib dems with a large university population..... you'd say goodbye to norwich, cambridge, oxford, probably brighton, canterbury ect....

There was some good insight by a lab MP on lbc. While maybe 4m labour voters did vote leave, the vast majority voted to remain. So do you risk loosing the many or the few? And they think more voters are hoping to lib dems etc than crossing over to TBP.

I alos wonder if Labour supporters who start to see car factories close, and steel close etc will start to get twitchy about no deal. And so not vote at all.

Bristol East

One of the trade unions did some research that's been leaked.

If Labour stands on a pro-EU ticket, likely to lose 11 seats.

If Labour stands on a pro-Brexit ticket, likely to lose 45 seats.

These are seats currently held by Labour MPs, and do not include any gains in places where the Brexit Party and Conservative Party cancel each other out.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"One of the trade unions did some research that's been leaked.

If Labour stands on a pro-EU ticket, likely to lose 11 seats.

If Labour stands on a pro-Brexit ticket, likely to lose 45 seats.

These are seats currently held by Labour MPs, and do not include any gains in places where the Brexit Party and Conservative Party cancel each other out.

"

Fag packet politics

Bristol East

If polling of 5125 voters is "fag packet" stuff, so be it.

here

"If polling of 5125 voters is "fag packet" stuff, so be it.

"

Yes it is. Polling only 5,125 is an insignificant number and wholly unreliable given the millions of voters.

Has the report been published? Polls should have a range, which is wider the smaller the sample statistic. It would be interesting to see if the range for seats list and seats won overlap... If if, even with a small sample, the prediction is a net loss backing leave.

Bristol East

Weighted by ABC. And a much larger number than the standard opinion polls.

It chimes with the fact that Labour voters predominantly were remain, and therefore the party has more to lose by going pro-Brexit.

here

"Weighted by ABC. And a much larger number than the standard opinion polls.

It chimes with the fact that Labour voters predominantly were remain, and therefore the party has more to lose by going pro-Brexit."

What’s the source stating the ABC weighting and the parameters for the poll?

Bristol East

Contact the union if the minutiae turns you on. I understand it was meant for internal use, but leaked.

here

"Contact the union if the minutiae turns you on. I understand it was meant for internal use, but leaked."

the devil is in the detail.

as I said earlier.... fag packet politics

Seems it was done by YouGov. Although I don't think it's been published you may expect a decent amount of rigour on the statistics.

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Seems it was done by YouGov. Although I don't think it's been published you may expect a decent amount of rigour on the statistics. "
The poster said it was done by the unions who,s right?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Seems it was done by YouGov. Although I don't think it's been published you may expect a decent amount of rigour on the statistics. The poster said it was done by the unions who,s right?"

Think that the union will have commissioned yougov to carry out the poll, normally how it works..

And on the numbers the poll could just be the unions members?

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Seems it was done by YouGov. Although I don't think it's been published you may expect a decent amount of rigour on the statistics. The poster said it was done by the unions who,s right?

Think that the union will have commissioned yougov to carry out the poll, normally how it works..

And on the numbers the poll could just be the unions members?

"

right thanks.

here

"Seems it was done by YouGov. Although I don't think it's been published you may expect a decent amount of rigour on the statistics. The poster said it was done by the unions who,s right?"

polling carried out by YouGov during mid-December and early January and subjected to an MRP analysis by FocalData for Labour Friends of Hope not Hate on behalf of the TSSA.

I keep hearing about the 50/50 for and against but I meet a lot of people socially and in my job,and I can count on one hand people who voted remain. Or is it just me lol

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"I keep hearing about the 50/50 for and against but I meet a lot of people socially and in my job,and I can count on one hand people who voted remain. Or is it just me lol "

It largely depends on who you mix with. I rarely meet anyone who voted leave (thankfully)

[Removed by poster at 19/06/19 09:38:45]

"I keep hearing about the 50/50 for and against but I meet a lot of people socially and in my job,and I can count on one hand people who voted remain. Or is it just me lol

It largely depends on who you mix with. I rarely meet anyone who voted leave (thankfully)"

Try getting outside the south east where wages and jobs are good, in the real world the EU hasn't helped us.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Good golfer ...oh wrong one

"I keep hearing about the 50/50 for and against but I meet a lot of people socially and in my job,and I can count on one hand people who voted remain. Or is it just me lol

It largely depends on who you mix with. I rarely meet anyone who voted leave (thankfully)Try getting outside the south east where wages and jobs are good, in the real world the EU hasn't helped us. "

WSM voted 52% to leave. Not exactly the biggest of leave areas...

It largely depends on who you mix with. I rarely meet anyone who voted leave (thankfully)Try getting outside the south east where wages and jobs are good, in the real world the EU hasn't helped us. WSM voted 52% to leave. Not exactly the biggest of leave areas... "

still leave? ? You have to remember here in w.s.m there's a lot of hotels that love the cheap EU labour.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

It largely depends on who you mix with. I rarely meet anyone who voted leave (thankfully)Try getting outside the south east where wages and jobs are good, in the real world the EU hasn't helped us. "

There are lots of rabid leavers in Essex and a lot of the MPs are ERG fanatics. I choose who I mix with very carefully

It largely depends on who you mix with. I rarely meet anyone who voted leave (thankfully)Try getting outside the south east where wages and jobs are good, in the real world the EU hasn't helped us. WSM voted 52% to leave. Not exactly the biggest of leave areas... still leave? ? You have to remember here in w.s.m there's a lot of hotels that love the cheap EU labour. "

not denying that. But means almost every other person in wsm is a remain voter... Its not all Bournville lol

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

So the "Nonce Finder General" may join the Lib Dems. Priceless.

By *ennonoMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

By *ennonoMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

» Add a new message to this topic