By-election incoming

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oncupiscentTony OP   Man  over a year ago

Kent

Expect to see the lib Dems pour into Wales

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Early test for May's replacement , Hasn't been a good area for UKIP so Farage's newkip might prefer a Tory and not put up much of a fight . Wouldn't be surprised to see a few tactical votes from Labour voters towards the LibDems

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Early test for May's replacement , Hasn't been a good area for UKIP so Farage's newkip might prefer a Tory and not put up much of a fight . Wouldn't be surprised to see a few tactical votes from Labour voters towards the LibDems "

Given TBP tend to steal tory voters, and powys was leave (and TBP in the eu elections) then if not here then where? Will they say where this is on their targets?

"Early test for May's replacement , Hasn't been a good area for UKIP so Farage's newkip might prefer a Tory and not put up much of a fight . Wouldn't be surprised to see a few tactical votes from Labour voters towards the LibDems

Given TBP tend to steal tory voters, and powys was leave (and TBP in the eu elections) then if not here then where? Will they say where this is on their targets? "

. I may be overthinking it but was just wondering if newkip would settle for a Tory MP ( with probably Johnson as new leader promising Brexit by 31/10/2019) rather than another LibDem in Parliament ,, if Brexit party do take votes off the tories , they might not take enough to win themselves but may take enough to push the LibDem candidate to Westminster ,, .Labour may have the same consideration , if Labour votes go to the LibDems in a seat that would be difficult for Labour to win this may lead to a conservative defeat . . . Will be a very interesting by-election with quite a few permutations

Just had the same in Peterborough x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it use to be a safe-ish lib dem seat up till the coalition... so i can absolutely see the lib dems winning this back...

the brexit party would be a hinderance here rather than a help... but i wonder if they will put on a candidate here just to show the new tory leader what a menace they could be by splitting the vote....

Liberals have always done well in Wales, even in the days of Steele and Thorpe.

"Just had the same in Peterborough x"
. At Peterborough , the sitting Labour MP had the Labour whip removed ( quite rightly in my opinion ) and although she could have stood as an independent she chose not to . We are still unaware as to wether the sitting Tory MP will be standing as a Tory , an independent or not standing in the by-election

"Just had the same in Peterborough x. At Peterborough , the sitting Labour MP had the Labour whip removed ( quite rightly in my opinion ) and although she could have stood as an independent she chose not to . We are still unaware as to wether the sitting Tory MP will be standing as a Tory , an independent or not standing in the by-election "

15 candidates and now an investigation into vote rigging x

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s the Lib Dem’s to lose imo

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Liberals have always done well in Wales, even in the days of Steele and Thorpe."
They did well everywhere under Thorpe had he not got round trying to kill people he could have destroyed the labour party great politition rubbish at plotting murders lol

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I read today the Conservative Party has selected the sitting MP to fight the seat. The one convicted of dishonesty.

What message does that send out?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I read today the Conservative Party has selected the sitting MP to fight the seat. The one convicted of dishonesty.

What message does that send out?"

in which case thats a really bad move... because if i was telling an activist/doorknocker what to say... the very first thing i would remind them of is that he is a crook and that he took money away from you illegally as a taxpayer....

drum that message in every local event, on local radio and tv....

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

In the space of a few days, it has gone from the Conservative and Unionist Party to the Conservative and Brexit Party and now the Crooked Conservative Party. It really is a party that has completely lost it's way.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"In the space of a few days, it has gone from the Conservative and Unionist Party to the Conservative and Brexit Party and now the Crooked Conservative Party. It really is a party that has completely lost it's way."
A bit like most of the threads on here

» Add a new message to this topic