FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nick Clegg

Nick Clegg

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rMrsWestMids OP   Couple  over a year ago

Dudley

Arch remainer Sir Nick Clegg in an interview with the BBC said "there is absolutely no evidence" that Russia influenced the Brexit vote using Facebook and that Cambridge Analytica did not influence people's decision in the Eu Referendum!

Will remainers finally accept that these conspiracy theories were nonsense now they have heard it from one of their own!?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Think using the phrase one of their own based on how he voted is stretching it..

He has far more in common with the multi millionaires on both sides who will be sorted however it turns out than the vast majority of those who voted to remain..

Would also say that a guy employed by Google is hardly going to be saying he would like to see an independent assessment of the issue..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Arch remainer Sir Nick Clegg in an interview with the BBC said "there is absolutely no evidence" that Russia influenced the Brexit vote using Facebook and that Cambridge Analytica did not influence people's decision in the Eu Referendum!

Will remainers finally accept that these conspiracy theories were nonsense now they have heard it from one of their own!? "

I heard Nick Clegg say they found "no significant" evidence of Russian interference.

So I guess people could argue the point of subjective matter of what is classed as "significant"

Dudley

"Think using the phrase one of their own based on how he voted is stretching it..

He has far more in common with the multi millionaires on both sides who will be sorted however it turns out than the vast majority of those who voted to remain..

Would also say that a guy employed by Google is hardly going to be saying he would like to see an independent assessment of the issue..

"

Are you trying to say he wasn't an ardent remainer or is it an attempt to divert from what he said in the interview!?

Oh and before I get accused.... I've never said I think there was Russian interference

"significant attempt"

I believe that was Cleggs words...

No significant, but that does allow for there to be attempts, just not enough for Facebook to admit was in their own view "significant"

Would I expect Facebook to admit it if there was significant evidence, no chance if they could keep a lid on it.

Dudley

"Oh and before I get accused.... I've never said I think there was Russian interference "

It never crossed my mind to say it!

"Oh and before I get accused.... I've never said I think there was Russian interference

It never crossed my mind to say it! "

in Lancashire

"Think using the phrase one of their own based on how he voted is stretching it..

Are you trying to say he wasn't an ardent remainer or is it an attempt to divert from what he said in the interview!?"

No its pretty clear what I am saying..

Clearly we disagree on what the highly paid executive is saying about his employers..

I do recall him saying something about tuition fees once..

Dudley

Are you trying to say he wasn't an ardent remainer or is it an attempt to divert from what he said in the interview!?

Clearly we disagree on what the highly paid executive is saying about his employers..

I do recall him saying something about tuition fees once.. "

He wasn't just an ordinary voter though was he, he led the Liberal Democrats the party most against Brexit.

As regards of the fees, politicians change their minds all the time, haven't you said it's ok for Labour to change their position on Brexit?

in Lancashire

He wasn't just an ordinary voter though was he, he led the Liberal Democrats the party most against Brexit.

As regards of the fees, politicians change their minds all the time, haven't you said it's ok for Labour to change their position on Brexit?"

I haven't said its 'ok' no, tbh if they do change their position they may need to explain what that position is in the first instance..

What is it by your understanding..?

Dudley

As regards of the fees, politicians change their minds all the time, haven't you said it's ok for Labour to change their position on Brexit?

I haven't said its 'ok' no, tbh if they do change their position they may need to explain what that position is in the first instance..

What is it by your understanding..? "

Well they went to the last election as a leave party and now the deputy says they are a remain party but no one really knows what they are!

So nick clegg who now is on the payroll of Facebook says Russians didn't use Facebook to interfere with brexit.

You do realise he's employed as a spin doctor for Facebook...Just sayin

Dudley

"So nick clegg who now is on the payroll of Facebook says Russians didn't use Facebook to interfere with brexit.

"

Are you saying politicians prefer money to the truth, perish the thought!

"So nick clegg who now is on the payroll of Facebook says Russians didn't use Facebook to interfere with brexit.

Are you saying politicians prefer money to the truth, perish the thought! "

Just so we are clear he's paid to say this .

Just like the guy at the McJob saying "have a nice day" .In reality he doesn't give a fuck about your day..

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Can I ask.....what evidence is there that there was interference?

Dudley

Are you saying politicians prefer money to the truth, perish the thought!

Just so we are clear he's paid to say this .

Just like the guy at the McJob saying "have a nice day" .In reality he doesn't give a fuck about your day.. "

Good job I never go in there to purchase what they pass off as food, he won't be getting any "nice days" out of me!Lol

"Arch remainer Sir Nick Clegg in an interview with the BBC said "there is absolutely no evidence" that Russia influenced the Brexit vote using Facebook and that Cambridge Analytica did not influence people's decision in the Eu Referendum!

Will remainers finally accept that these conspiracy theories were nonsense now they have heard it from one of their own!?

I heard Nick Clegg say they found "no significant" evidence of Russian interference.

So I guess people could argue the point of subjective matter of what is classed as "significant" "

———————-

significance

/s?g'n?f?kns/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the quality of being worthy of attention; importance.

—————————-

There you are, solved that one.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Facebook's chief spin doctor excuses Facebook from any blame for dirty tricks.

Okay.

"The evidence collected revealed continued and sustained disinformation activity by Russian sources aimed at suppressing turnout and influencing voter preferences."

- Preliminary report of the European Commission on the European elections, published June 14

in Lancashire

Funny how Clegg did most of the main channels yet ducked channel 4 who have been trying to interview Google about Cambridge analytica for ages..

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Will remainers finally accept that these conspiracy theories were nonsense now they have heard it from one of their own!? "

Ha, do you mean the same Nick Clegg who is now Facebook's Vice President of Global Affairs and Communications?

Perhaps worth considering and potential conflicts of interest there?

"

So I guess people could argue the point of subjective matter of what is classed as "significant"

———————-

significance

/s?g'n?f?kns/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the quality of being worthy of attention; importance.

—————————-

There you are, solved that one."

What the hell are you on about...

Are you actually trying to say the word significance should have been used instead of significant?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Would you bite the hand that feeds you, he’s a lobbyist now.

I’ll be straight with you, social media may be a convenient way to be heard. But your data, the person who you are is not yours, and it never will be. You’re just a way of generating profit, a series of databases which feed into algorithms which decide what your hopes, fears, needs and wants are, all to drive digital capitalism.

You were promised freedom, you’ve just substituted one master for another.

What you do now is entirely upto you.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Remoaners just moan and read the guardian lol getting sadder by the day

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Will remainers finally accept that these conspiracy theories were nonsense now they have heard it from one of their own!? Remoaners just moan and read the guardian lol getting sadder by the day"

Another demonstration of cutting wit and reasoned argument. Genius.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

well if cambidge analytica didnt have any significant influence someone has wasted an awfull lot of money hiring them then

Time to confess OP ??

You didn't have clue Nick clegg was an employee of Facebook .

A lesson learned here.Its ok everybody knows.

Free hugs from bob..,

Dudley

"Time to confess OP ??

Free hugs from bob.., "

I knew he worked for Facebook and the BBC interview makes it clear he does, so nothing to confess!

I just wanted to see the reaction of his fellow remainers, I knew it wouldn't be long before the knives were out for him!

Bristol East

He is paid by Facebook to manage its reputation. That is the context for anything he says nowadays.

Follow the money.

"Time to confess OP ??

Free hugs from bob..,

I knew he worked for Facebook and the BBC interview makes it clear he does, so nothing to confess!

I just wanted to see the reaction of his fellow remainers, I knew it wouldn't be long before the knives were out for him! "

Bollocks ...

I'd love to see what evidence there is, and why this was deemed not significant...

Isn't it funny how, even after someone who was a clear remainer comes out and basically says that there was no foul play, a number of remainers continue to try and ignore the facts presented to them - oh, well, he would say that, he's a spin doctor for Facebook, et etc blah blah blah.

It seems that some people simply do not understand democracy.

in Lancashire

"Isn't it funny how, even after someone who was a clear remainer comes out and basically says that there was no foul play, a number of remainers continue to try and ignore the facts presented to them - oh, well, he would say that, he's a spin doctor for Facebook, et etc blah blah blah.

It seems that some people simply do not understand democracy."

Equally some don't understand or choose to ignore the basic role of a spin doctor, highly paid at that..

Are you saying the Russians did not interfere in any way in the brexit referendum?

The old saying one born every minute applies here.

Just more brexit lemons being told what they need to hear by somebody being paid mega money to represent a billionaire dollar company.

I'm sure if he represented the devil himself and told you he's had bad press you lot would suck it up.

Suckers..

Bristol East

"Isn't it funny how, even after someone who was a clear remainer comes out and basically says that there was no foul play, a number of remainers continue to try and ignore the facts presented to them - oh, well, he would say that, he's a spin doctor for Facebook, et etc blah blah blah.

It seems that some people simply do not understand democracy."

He isn't speaking as Nick Clegg, the politician. He is speaking as Nick Clegg, the Facebook mouthpiece.

I imagine he would be sacked if he offered a view of Brexit, because Facebook does not have one and to do so will lose them up to half their UK market.

Dudley

"The old saying one born every minute applies here.

Just more brexit lemons being told what they need to hear by somebody being paid mega money to represent a billionaire dollar company.

I'm sure if he represented the devil himself and told you he's had bad press you lot would suck it up.

Suckers.."

Lol, no different to highly paid representatives of remain supporting companies then, they say whatever suits their agenda but you have no problem sucking that up, sucker!

"The old saying one born every minute applies here.

Suckers..

Lol, no different to highly paid representatives of remain supporting companies then, they say whatever suits their agenda but you have no problem sucking that up, sucker! "

At last the penny has dropped ..Clegg is just representing his bosses and he's paid to say what they want .Youve seen the light and irrelevance of what he's said.

You didn't have agree with me but thanks anyway..

Do you honestly see Nick Clegg in his new high flying role in Facebook as being neutral / unbiased regarding the potential use of Facebook by foreign influences?

By hiring Clegg who was a Remain campaigner Facebook now have someone with very high remain credentials on the payroll to disperse any potential wrong doing claims on their social media platform during the referendum.

To me, it now makes perfect business sense why Facebook hired Nick Clegg.

Dudley

Do you honestly see Nick Clegg in his new high flying role in Facebook as being neutral / unbiased regarding the potential use of Facebook by foreign influences? "

Are you saying Nick Clegg has lost his integrity because he now has a high paid job with Facebook!?

Do you honestly see Nick Clegg in his new high flying role in Facebook as being neutral / unbiased regarding the potential use of Facebook by foreign influences?

Are you saying Nick Clegg has lost his integrity because he now has a high paid job with Facebook!?

"

I'll answer your question if you answer mine that I asked....

Dudley

Do you honestly see Nick Clegg in his new high flying role in Facebook as being neutral / unbiased regarding the potential use of Facebook by foreign influences? "

Well I would like to say he would be neutral especially on something he felt so strongly about but it may not be the case!It just highlights the fact that can anyone be considered neutral when they are being paid by businesses that have a vested interest in staying in the EU?

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Another day, another really naive Brexiteer argument.

Of course Nick Clegg is going to say that. He doesn't want his employer to look like it's vulnerable to manipulation by Russia.

Bristol East

Well I would like to say he would be neutral especially on something he felt so strongly about but it may not be the case!It just highlights the fact that can anyone be considered neutral when they are being paid by businesses that have a vested interest in staying in the EU?"

What is the commercial interest of Facebook for the UK to remain in the EU?

Dudley

Well I would like to say he would be neutral especially on something he felt so strongly about but it may not be the case!It just highlights the fact that can anyone be considered neutral when they are being paid by businesses that have a vested interest in staying in the EU?

What is the commercial interest of Facebook for the UK to remain in the EU?"

I didn't say there were any, I was talking about businesses that have said they want the UK to remain in the EU!

Dudley

"Another day, another really naive Brexiteer argument.

Of course Nick Clegg is going to say that. He doesn't want his employer to look like it's vulnerable to manipulation by Russia. "

There is nothing naive about it, I wanted to see what remainer's thoughts were on his comments and low and behold they think the big salary is doing the talking! Yet the same people think high paid representatives of firms wanting to remain in the EU are not subject to the same influences, now that is naive!

Well I would like to say he would be neutral especially on something he felt so strongly about but it may not be the case!It just highlights the fact that can anyone be considered neutral when they are being paid by businesses that have a vested interest in staying in the EU?"

Was Nick Clegg paid by businesses while he was an MP that had vested interests in staying in the EU?

Bristol East

Of course Nick Clegg is going to say that. He doesn't want his employer to look like it's vulnerable to manipulation by Russia.

There is nothing naive about it, I wanted to see what remainer's thoughts were on his comments and low and behold they think the big salary is doing the talking! Yet the same people think high paid representatives of firms wanting to remain in the EU are not subject to the same influences, now that is naive! "

Clegg is a spokesman for the boss. He is not the boss.

Trying to spin this story as a Remainer validating the result really doesn't work.

You would not make a very good spin doctor.

There is nothing naive about it, I wanted to see what remainer's thoughts were on his comments and low and behold they think the big salary is doing the talking! Yet the same people think high paid representatives of firms wanting to remain in the EU are not subject to the same influences, now that is naive! "

No you're arguing 2 totally different points here.

1: Business that benefits from being in the EU is nothing untoward is it and is there evidence that Clegg was paid by businesses wanting to stay trading within the EU for Clegg to have a Remain stance because of being paid?

2: Facebook allegations of foreign influence is a whole different ballgame and having Clegg say there wasn't evidence of significant Russian interference through Facebook while he's been paid a fortune by Facebook doesn't really clear anything up or really look credible.

Wait, are you saying you think remainers don't realise the heads of businesses may be pro eu because of their business? That's exactly why we are listening to them.

The ones you have to worry about are those who may a financial agenda but are presenting non economic reason...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Assuming all people who once took a decision to vote in a specific way on an historic referendum would have done so for the same reason, as well as all agree with each other on everything is facile.

Like many others, I dislike Facebook and Clegg, more so when they share interests

Dudley

There is nothing naive about it, I wanted to see what remainer's thoughts were on his comments and low and behold they think the big salary is doing the talking! Yet the same people think high paid representatives of firms wanting to remain in the EU are not subject to the same influences, now that is naive!

Clegg is a spokesman for the boss. He is not the boss.

Trying to spin this story as a Remainer validating the result really doesn't work.

You would not make a very good spin doctor."

There was no spin, I just quoted what he said!You just don't like what he said because it doesn't fit in with your version of events, shall we take it from now that all employees cannot be trusted to tell the truth because they are paid and therefore have a conflict of interest or is it only the one's you disagree with!?

Dudley

Was Nick Clegg paid by businesses while he was an MP that had vested interests in staying in the EU? "

No idea! I was talking in general not specifics.

Was Nick Clegg paid by businesses while he was an MP that had vested interests in staying in the EU?

No idea! I was talking in general not specifics."

Well if he had been then you'd definitely have a point.

» Add a new message to this topic