FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Banks and Wigmore infiltration of the Tory Party

Banks and Wigmore infiltration of the Tory Party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any thoughts on this?

" Banks and Wigmore boast about having 25,000-40,000 supporters infiltrate Tory Party membership.

Banks and Wigmore throw their social media weight behind Boris.

Boris makes it to the final two in the leadership contest, winner decided by Tory Party membership.

Boris's team meet with Farage.

Boris still being aided by Steve Bannon.

Ever wondered what a coup looks like?

You're watching one.

"

If anything I see it as Farage's best credible chance of becoming a senior Government politican or even PM.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

If they haven't been members for three months or more, then they won't be eligible to vote in the Leadership contest.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"If they haven't been members for three months or more, then they won't be eligible to vote in the Leadership contest. "

I think this supposedly started late 2018

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Any thoughts on this?

Banks and Wigmore boast about having 25,000-40,000 supporters infiltrate Tory Party membership.

Banks and Wigmore throw their social media weight behind Boris.

Boris makes it to the final two in the leadership contest, winner decided by Tory Party membership.

Boris's team meet with Farage.

Boris still being aided by Steve Bannon.

Ever wondered what a coup looks like?

You're watching one.

If anything I see it as Farage's best credible chance of becoming a senior Government politican or even PM. "

It worked well for momentum to get corbyn elected as leader so nothing new in that.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Who cares?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Who cares?"

Everyone should!

Fact is that when a political party has a small membership then it is easy for a radical group to size control. 18 months of so ago the conservative party had something round 100,000 to 120,000 members it is now at over 160,000. If the claim is true and the extra 40,000+ members are not conservatives but a very small (40,000 is less than 0.1% of the population) extremist single issue pressure group aiming to force an issue in their favour then this is a problem for all of us.

near ipswich

"Who cares?

Everyone should!

Fact is that when a political party has a small membership then it is easy for a radical group to size control. 18 months of so ago the conservative party had something round 100,000 to 120,000 members it is now at over 160,000. If the claim is true and the extra 40,000+ members are not conservatives but a very small (40,000 is less than 0.1% of the population) extremist single issue pressure group aiming to force an issue in their favour then this is a problem for all of us."

Labours membership rose by 198000 after the GE of may 2015 when corbyn was officially nominated as candidate for leader.As i said before nothing new whats good for momentum is good for anyone else.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The electorate that Johnson and Hunt need to pander to is one that:

A) is willing to wreck the economy for Brexit

B) is willing to destroy the United Kingdom for Brexit

C) hates Muslims

That tells you how far to the right the so-called Conservative and Unionist Party has been dragged.

Any leader who takes office pandering to that demographic will polarise Britain in a way none of us have ever seen.

He will the party and lose the country.

Bristol East

* win the party and lose the country

near ipswich

"* win the party and lose the country"
i suppose he kicks kittens and kills polar bears too. you do write some crap sometimes.

moston

"Labours membership rose by 198000 after the GE of may 2015 when corbyn was officially nominated as candidate for leader.As i said before nothing new whats good for momentum is good for anyone else. "

True, but the fact is Labour had over nearly 3 times the membership of the Tories, so if as you point out Labour has been infiltrated by the extreme left then the Tories must be much more vulnerable to the same type of takeover by the extreme right (3 or 5 or many more times more). Plus where Labour is concerned there is also the union vote which acts as a stabilising influence on the more radical parts of the party. There is no such equivalent where the tories are concerned.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Labours membership rose by 198000 after the GE of may 2015 when corbyn was officially nominated as candidate for leader.As i said before nothing new whats good for momentum is good for anyone else.

True, but the fact is Labour had over nearly 3 times the membership of the Tories, so if as you point out Labour has been infiltrated by the extreme left then the Tories must be much more vulnerable to the same type of takeover by the extreme right (3 or 5 or many more times more). Plus where Labour is concerned there is also the union vote which acts as a stabilising influence on the more radical parts of the party. There is no such equivalent where the tories are concerned."

Also, as Costa said, they joined after Corbyn won the leadership contest, so you could hardly say that they joined in order to make him leader.

moston

"Also, as Costa said, they joined after Corbyn won the leadership contest, so you could hardly say that they joined in order to make him leader. "

This is also true. But it does not reduce the basic truth that the smaller a political party the more radical and more vulnerable it will be to subversion by malevolent or malignant political organisations.

Of course this leads on to the question: Why do political parties not make membership more attractive to people?

Bristol East

How does anyone know that the election process of the Conservative Party is legitimate and safeguarded from abuse and manipulation?

Is there any external scrutiny or audit?

This is the ballot to elect/appoint a PM - how do we know it is being run properly?

moston

"How does anyone know that the election process of the Conservative Party is legitimate and safeguarded from abuse and manipulation?

Is there any external scrutiny or audit?

This is the ballot to elect/appoint a PM - how do we know it is being run properly?"

Good question, Labour party elections are overseen by the Electoral Commission, maybe a forumite who is a member of the Conservative party will be willing to declare their political affiliations and answer your question.

near ipswich

"Labours membership rose by 198000 after the GE of may 2015 when corbyn was officially nominated as candidate for leader.As i said before nothing new whats good for momentum is good for anyone else.

True, but the fact is Labour had over nearly 3 times the membership of the Tories, so if as you point out Labour has been infiltrated by the extreme left then the Tories must be much more vulnerable to the same type of takeover by the extreme right (3 or 5 or many more times more). Plus where Labour is concerned there is also the union vote which acts as a stabilising influence on the more radical parts of the party. There is no such equivalent where the tories are concerned.

Also, as Costa said, they joined after Corbyn won the leadership contest, so you could hardly say that they joined in order to make him leader. "

I didnt say any such thing they joined when he was officially nominated not after he won please dont mis quote me and its quiet easy to research.thanks.

near ipswich

True, but the fact is Labour had over nearly 3 times the membership of the Tories, so if as you point out Labour has been infiltrated by the extreme left then the Tories must be much more vulnerable to the same type of takeover by the extreme right (3 or 5 or many more times more). Plus where Labour is concerned there is also the union vote which acts as a stabilising influence on the more radical parts of the party. There is no such equivalent where the tories are concerned."

That depends on which union

moston

"I didnt say any such thing they joined when he was officially nominated not after he won please dont mis quote me and its quiet easy to research.thanks."

The Labour party placed a 6 month moratorium on all new members voting rather than the standard 8 weeks when JC was challenged by MP's in 16 and needed re'election by the membership. I note that even with the boasts of a new fifth column infiltrating the Conservative Party with express aim of influencing the election of a new leader they have not placed a similar moratorium on their membership. I wonder why?

near ipswich

"I didnt say any such thing they joined when he was officially nominated not after he won please dont mis quote me and its quiet easy to research.thanks.

The Labour party placed a 6 month moratorium on all new members voting rather than the standard 8 weeks when JC was challenged by MP's in 16 and needed re'election by the membership. I note that even with the boasts of a new fifth column infiltrating the Conservative Party with express aim of influencing the election of a new leader they have not placed a similar moratorium on their membership. I wonder why?"

Not quiet true you could not vote for corbyn if you joined after january 12th but if you joined as a registered supporter and paid £25 could still vote even if you joined in june or july.Not quiet the safeguard you are claiming.

moston

"Not quiet true you could not vote for corbyn if you joined after january 12th but if you joined as a registered supporter and paid £25 could still vote even if you joined in june or july.Not quiet the safeguard you are claiming."

But still a dam sight more than the Tories have done, and that was the whole point of my post.

near ipswich

"Not quiet true you could not vote for corbyn if you joined after january 12th but if you joined as a registered supporter and paid £25 could still vote even if you joined in june or july.Not quiet the safeguard you are claiming.

But still a dam sight more than the Tories have done, and that was the whole point of my post."

i think the point of your post was to say you had to be a member for 6 months before you could vote seems not if you pay. its 3 months for the tories.

» Add a new message to this topic