FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > chris williamson back

chris williamson back

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

dame margaret hodge says the labour partys complaint procedures are a "complete sham" after this odious man was let off with a warning because he represents a marginal seat and labour mps only have less than two weeks to tell leaders if they want to stand in the next election.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I am struggling to understand the fuss.

He complained the party was too apologetic.

I hadn't even realised the party had apologised.

Or is there more too it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The fuss is he should have been expelled. But that’s labour for ya - full

Of extremists and racists

Yes, there is more to it.

The Kinnock and Blairite putsch of the 80s and 90s forced a top down structure on the Labour party, where those MPs became all powerful, and the machine could ride roughshod over the membership and impose a right wing ideology.

Since the reforms under Miliband made the party more democratic again, the hard right of the party, who are still isolated from the membership in general, have lost the power and sway they once had. There's more power with the membership now, so they are using alternative ways to lash out and to try to attack the left.... they can't democratically, as they don't have the numbers, so they smear, and use disciplinary measures. What Williamson said was daft in the circumstances, but by no stretch antisemitism.

Look at the things that some on the right of the party have said, from Margaret Hodge, Blair, Jess Phillips etc etc... they never get called to disciplinaries. It's the undemocratic right wing of the party trying to regain control from the members.

"I am struggling to understand the fuss.

He complained the party was too apologetic.

I hadn't even realised the party had apologised.

Or is there more too it?"

Of corse there is!

You are not allowed in any way to criticise Israel for anything because they say that’s antisemitic.

But they on the other hand can say what they like

Criticising Israel isn’t anti Semitic. Anyone who says that IS anti semitic

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"

Of corse there is!

You are not allowed in any way to criticise Israel for anything because they say that’s antisemitic.

But they on the other hand can say what they like "

Though, he was criticising his party as; "they've given too much ground, they've backed off too much as they have already done more than any other party."

Key words in that are "given too much ground and backed off too much" toward anti semitism.

clip here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47393626

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Cronyism

yumsville

I am surprised Richard Burgon hasn't come under more scrutiny for his pre election "enemy of the people comments" ... he couldn't recall saying anything against Israel, Zionists or Labour Friends for Israel for some years until the video was surfaced. Still, he was elected as an MP on the back of it but he has gone very quiet since.

There is an interview and clip starts 1.20 ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47952275

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The fuss is he should have been expelled. But that’s labour for ya - full

Of extremists and racists"

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Boris has said plenty of racist stuff about muslims and he's likely to become the next PM.

So, get the fuck out of my face with your bullshit double standards.

Thank you.

yumsville

"Boris has said plenty of racist stuff about muslims and he's likely to become the next PM.

Thank you."

So the likes of Willaimson and Livingstone should be kept in to even things up?

"Boris has said plenty of racist stuff about muslims and he's likely to become the next PM.

Thank you."

He's the acceptable face of racism .

Thank you."

Boris has Muslim ancestors from the Turkish side of his family. I doubt very much that he is anti Muslim.

near ipswich

Thank you.

Boris has Muslim ancestors from the Turkish side of his family. I doubt very much that he is anti Muslim. "

People like to wash over that bit mate the only reason hes called johnson is because his g grandfather took his wifes name when he came over in 1912 as the ottomans were aligned with the germans.Otherwise his name would be kemal.

Thank you.

Boris has Muslim ancestors from the Turkish side of his family. I doubt very much that he is anti Muslim. People like to wash over that bit mate the only reason hes called johnson is because his g grandfather took his wifes name when he came over in 1912 as the ottomans were aligned with the germans.Otherwise his name would be kemal. "

I suppose it is because of his fair hair and blueish eyes. Perhaps he is being portrayed as one of Adolf’s Aryans. Even when the truth is sooo much different. Typical

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Thank you.

Boris has Muslim ancestors from the Turkish side of his family. I doubt very much that he is anti Muslim. "

Based on what he's said in the past does he actually know who he isn't anti?

I guess somebody has to be an apologist for boris and his racism.

Stay classy.

OP is about Chris Williamson and Labours anti Semitism.

near ipswich

"OP is about Chris Williamson and Labours anti Semitism. "
There is no defense so the only thing to do is deflect.

Hands up ..

Who's brave enough to use the term watermelon smile or call a black child pickaninie...

Hey costa my children are black call them a slavery term then fella ...

near ipswich

"Hey costa my children are black call them a slavery term then fella ... "
sorry bob not got a clue what you are on about.

in Lancashire

"OP is about Chris Williamson and Labours anti Semitism. There is no defense so the only thing to do is deflect. "

None of us should be whatabouting or deflecting, such things are surely wrong whomever the person is..?

Go on it's ok for boris to use the term pickaninie which is a word used iby masters to identify a child with slave ancestors ...like my children..

I let you google the term watermelon smile and it's slavery origins..

Everyday is a school day fella...

Enoch Powell used both terms boris used.

Now there's a surprise..

near ipswich

"Go on it's ok for boris to use the term pickaninie which is a word used iby masters to identify a child with slave ancestors ...like my children..

I let you google the term watermelon smile and it's slavery origins..

Everyday is a school day fella..."

Right gotcha the article he wrote in 2002 mocking blairs globtrotting.Think he apologized for offending anyone and the commission for racial equality looked into it.Guess thats what you get living in the limelight people quoting you from over a decade ago.Are your views still the same as 17 years ago bob or have you evolved?

"OP is about Chris Williamson and Labours anti Semitism. There is no defense so the only thing to do is deflect. "

I don’t consider Boris to be racist, but I do consider the Labour Party to be anti Semitic. Other than that, I rest my case.

"OP is about Chris Williamson and Labours anti Semitism. There is no defense so the only thing to do is deflect.

I don’t consider Boris to be racist, but I do consider the Labour Party to be anti Semitic. Other than that, I rest my case."

I don't think you understand what a case is. You haven't made a case, you've made a statement.

It's like me saying you're an apologist for racism, I rest my case. Doesn't make it necessarily true.

"OP is about Chris Williamson and Labours anti Semitism. There is no defense so the only thing to do is deflect.

I don’t consider Boris to be racist, but I do consider the Labour Party to be anti Semitic. Other than that, I rest my case.

I don't think you understand what a case is. You haven't made a case, you've made a statement.

It's like me saying you're an apologist for racism, I rest my case. Doesn't make it necessarily true."

No it is not. It was just this minute on the ITV news. Labour MPs are demanding that Corbyn shows leadership and put an end to the anti semitism that is plaguing their party, starting with Chris Williamson.

You know and I know that he will do fuck all.

in Lancashire

It's like me saying you're an apologist for racism, I rest my case. Doesn't make it necessarily true.

No it is not. It was just this minute on the ITV news. Labour MPs are demanding that Corbyn shows leadership and put an end to the anti semitism that is plaguing their party, starting with Chris Williamson.

You know and I know that he will do fuck all."

Whether they will do or won't do it doesn't change boris's previous racist comments does it..

Whether they will do or won't do it doesn't change boris's previous racist comments does it.."

So you continue to deflect from Labours anti semitism, now saying it doesn’t matter. Labour is a mess, so it matters not whom is leading the Tories. I prefer Boris, mainly because of his stance on BREXIT. But I was trying to stay on topic.

You know and I know that he will do fuck all."

To those on the right of the Labour Party, this isn't about anti-semitism, it's about removing Corbyn and an attempt for the right to regain control. Nobody really thinks that Williamson is an anti-semite. It's ludicrous.

It's the only tool they have as they are a tiny rump of the party, isolated from the membership.

So if you're perceiving inaction from Corbyn over this, you must be furious that the Tories have pulled back on an independent inquiry into Islamophobia in their party and will now only have a 'general investigation' into prejudice. Johnson announced it today, so you must be furious with him P?

yumsville

"

To those on the right of the Labour Party, this isn't about anti-semitism, it's about removing Corbyn and an attempt for the right to regain control. Nobody really thinks that Williamson is an anti-semite. It's ludicrous.

It's the only tool they have as they are a tiny rump of the party, isolated from the membership.

"

Lord Faulkner was on the Daily Politics today - watch it on IPlayer, he gives a fairly damning account of Chris's actions. From supporting banned Nazi singers, to giving his speech and organising film to be shown about a member dismissed for antisemtic comments and defended her on Holocaust remembrance day. It's nothing to do with 'those on the right' or wanting to get Corbyn out of office. Corbyn will stay in office for as long as he has his supporters or not. To make such a comment is to stick a thumb in your eye for sake of defending inclination, when the facts speak for themselves.

"

Lord Faulkner was on the Daily Politics today - watch it on IPlayer, he gives a fairly damning account of Chris's actions. From supporting banned Nazi singers, to giving his speech and organising film to be shown about a member dismissed for antisemtic comments and defended her on Holocaust remembrance day. It's nothing to do with 'those on the right' or wanting to get Corbyn out of office. Corbyn will stay in office for as long as he has his supporters or not. To make such a comment is to stick a thumb in your eye for sake of defending inclination, when the facts speak for themselves."

'Lord' Faulkner is of that very rump, the right wing extreme of the party. I know who Chris Williamson was defending in showing that video, and there's no way whatsoever that she is an anti-semite either. She spent her whole political career opposing all sorts of racism. Many of those being accused of this now, are the very people who've organised and fought against racism and real anti-semites like the EDL, BNP and NF when they marched. They were on the streets opposing them whilst the likes of Charlie Faulkner did nothing.

Chatlie Faulkner is a Blairite, so to take what he says as the whole truth on this matter just won't wash either.

Heathrowish

Isn't the problem this...

That Labour needs at this time of external scrutiny, to show it's stance against antisemitism in the party and this fails to address the issue.

And

Corbyn needs to demonstrate his leadership credentials which are sadly lacking.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I am getting an impression this was the straw that broke the camel's back, rather than a first offence. That would explain the row.

in Lancashire

Whether they will do or won't do it doesn't change boris's previous racist comments does it..

So you continue to deflect from Labours anti semitism, now saying it doesn’t matter. Labour is a mess, so it matters not whom is leading the Tories. I prefer Boris, mainly because of his stance on BREXIT. But I was trying to stay on topic."

There's no deflection, as I've said previously the wrongs are or should not be ignored or whatabouted because you don't like the politics of the individual..

Ps you just went off topic and guess what all threads do diversify and expand..

Heathrowish

It appears that he is out again just after being in.

Labour does the hokey y......

yumsville

Williamson was ready to say it was a witch hunt.

» Add a new message to this topic