FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > up yours DUP....

up yours DUP....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

as part of the northern ireland bill today...MPs voted 383-73 and 332-99 in favour of extending same-sex marriage and abortion rights in Northern Ireland..

what it means is this... if the power sharing arrangement is not re-introduced by october 21st, the UK government is mandated to start proceedings thru westminster to extend those rights in northern ireland that apply in the rest of the UK!

good.... glad those backward fuckers (excuse my french) have been basically put in a corner!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"as part of the northern ireland bill today...MPs voted 383-73 and 332-99 in favour of extending same-sex marriage and abortion rights in Northern Ireland..

what it means is this... if the power sharing arrangement is not re-introduced by october 21st, the UK government is mandated to start proceedings thru westminster to extend those rights in northern ireland that apply in the rest of the UK!

good.... glad those backward fuckers (excuse my french) have been basically put in a corner!

"

And hopefully The Tories will be paying Sinn Féin a billion quid to not resume powersharing until after that date

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Alison Bennington, the DUP's first openly gay politician, shows that "the times are a changing"

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

It could be the two things that get the opposite sides to sort out their differences...

"as part of the northern ireland bill today...MPs voted 383-73 and 332-99 in favour of extending same-sex marriage and abortion rights in Northern Ireland..

"

Hi. I bet that in real life you would not dare approach either a DUP politician or a supporter and call them a backward fucker so why use such language on this site. Would you be prepared to go into certain pubs in Belfast and express your views ?

As things stand the DUP is the largest party in NI and have more support than any other parties. As such we should be respecting their views ( assuming that you believe in democracy ) . Northern Ireland is still a religious country and benefits from many of the advantages that having a faith brings ( including being part of community and having a lower crime rate ). No one should be forced to accept the concept of same sex marriages . From a practical perspective no one in Northern Ireland is going to prevent same sex couples living together or women travelling to England for abortions.

"

Whilst I agree with your sentiment _abio I also think the same sex marriage and abortion issues over here are manufactured stumbling blocks. There is very little if any opposition to same sex marriage amongst the general public (bar a handful of Bible thumping nut jobs). The abortion issue is more of a big deal but the majority are pro choice.

21st of October you say? Well that's handy with it being 10days before a brexit of some sort.... Could it be that if this legislation is forced through in NI then the Dopey useless picks (dup) will shit the bed, withdraw their support in the coalition, force a GE and stall brexit for another whatever length of time?

Just guessing tho

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"As things stand the DUP is the largest party in NI and have more support than any other parties. As such we should be respecting their views (assuming that you believe in democracy). "

You do not have to respect backward, homophobic ignorance - even in a democracy. Democracy allows you the right to oppose such views.

The DUP entitled to their views but they are not entitled to respect. Just like you.

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Hi. I bet that in real life you would not dare approach either a DUP politician or a supporter and call them a backward fucker so why use such language on this site. Would you be prepared to go into certain pubs in Belfast and express your views ?

As things stand the DUP is the largest party in NI and have more support than any other parties. As such we should be respecting their views ( assuming that you believe in democracy ) . Northern Ireland is still a religious country and benefits from many of the advantages that having a faith brings ( including being part of community and having a lower crime rate ). No one should be forced to accept the concept of same sex marriages . From a practical perspective no one in Northern Ireland is going to prevent same sex couples living together or women travelling to England for abortions. "

Are you nuts. Have you been to Belfast or Derry recently. The crime rate for a start are on a par with any other European cities. Even worse is the fact that those same religious based parties main supports for years have run the drugs and smuggling scene throughout the north.

The very same DUP, saviours of morals and guardians of the public purse willingly cost your government 500million in fuel schemes that in any other country would see the politicians jailed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_Heat_Incentive_scandal

No no, because the UK government needs their backing to stay in power the DUP are untouchable racist bigots.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

So you believe in dictatorship then.Your views are nasty,they have the right to think differently to us.

So you believe in dictatorship then.Your views are nasty,they have the right to think differently to us.

"

Seems very democratic to me. Our elected representatives voted on it, sort of what democracy is.

They have the right to be bigots, we have the right to dislike their viewpoint,and to say so.

upton wirral

Seems very democratic to me. Our elected representatives voted on it, sort of what democracy is.

They have the right to be bigots, we have the right to dislike their viewpoint,and to say so. "

Maybe true we have the rights to think as we wish but they should have our values imposed.We love to criticise people with different views to us ie arabs,muslims etc but weather we agree or disagree it is not up to us to judge,this it works both ways

They have the right to be bigots, we have the right to dislike their viewpoint,and to say so. Maybe true we have the rights to think as we wish but they should have our values imposed.We love to criticise people with different views to us ie arabs,muslims etc but weather we agree or disagree it is not up to us to judge,this it works both ways

"

Actually I disagree.

We (i.e. society as a whole) should judge, and decide if a certain viewpoint is acceptable.

If it's not, we make our views known by electing people willing to legislate against those views/behaviours.

It's how our society, slowly but surely, becomes more tolerant and accepting.

It's obviously not acceptable to discriminate against people, purely for the colour of their skin. So laws were brought in to stop that.

At the time, there were (and still are) people that disagree. However, we judged their views incompatible with modern Britain, and imposed the majorities expectation of behaviour on this minority.

On the whole, this has been a good thing in my eyes.

upton wirral

They have the right to be bigots, we have the right to dislike their viewpoint,and to say so. Maybe true we have the rights to think as we wish but they should have our values imposed.We love to criticise people with different views to us ie arabs,muslims etc but weather we agree or disagree it is not up to us to judge,this it works both ways

Actually I disagree.

We (i.e. society as a whole) should judge, and decide if a certain viewpoint is acceptable.

If it's not, we make our views known by electing people willing to legislate against those views/behaviours.

It's obviously not acceptable to discriminate against people, purely for the colour of their skin. So laws were brought in to stop that.

At the time, there were (and still are) people that disagree. However, we judged their views incompatible with modern Britain, and imposed the majorities expectation of behaviour on this minority.

On the whole, this has been a good thing in my eyes. "

I disagree with you as all views should be respected.As a t girl who I exept that some disapprove of me,that is there right and I respect that.

People will allways discriminate because it is part of human nature,you change there views by education not by enforcing laws and rules on them.

By forcing rules and laws on them you are no better than them you are going down to there level of ignorance

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Actually I disagree.

On the whole, this has been a good thing in my eyes. I disagree with you as all views should be respected.As a t girl who I exept that some disapprove of me,that is there right and I respect that.

People will allways discriminate because it is part of human nature,you change there views by education not by enforcing laws and rules on them.

By forcing rules and laws on them you are no better than them you are going down to there level of ignorance"

I sort off agree with you but also disagree too.

Both these matters are devolved matters that should be decided in Northern Ireland by Northern Ireland politicians. Unfortunately the politicians in Northern Ireland are currently unwilling to address the issues, or any other. The UK parliament, as the ultimate sovereign power in the UK, has a right and a duty to pick up the slack and that's what it's doing. It's simple really, if the Northern Irish politicians want to address the issue they still can, if they don't then the ultimate sovereign power in the UK (Parliament) will.

Nothing is really being forced on anyone. All NI has to do is put their government back in place.

They just have a window to do it, rather than the open ended situation we have now.

If they don't, stuff happens.

Rather like a time limited backstop.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Good news.

The DUP cannot have it both ways - they say they cannot tolerate different treatment from the rest of the UK while insisting on different treatment.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Good news - it's right that this government should respect peoples expectations for equality, as well as everyone's health.

With abilities of women to get an abortion being more limited in some states, it's great to see a move that is more liberal

upton wirral

Actually I disagree.

On the whole, this has been a good thing in my eyes. I disagree with you as all views should be respected.As a t girl who I exept that some disapprove of me,that is there right and I respect that.

By forcing rules and laws on them you are no better than them you are going down to there level of ignorance

I sort off agree with you but also disagree too.

Both these matters are devolved matters that should be decided in Northern Ireland by Northern Ireland politicians. Unfortunately the politicians in Northern Ireland are currently unwilling to address the issues, or any other. The UK parliament, as the ultimate sovereign power in the UK, has a right and a duty to pick up the slack and that's what it's doing. It's simple really, if the Northern Irish politicians want to address the issue they still can, if they don't then the ultimate sovereign power in the UK (Parliament) will.

"

I think your post proves what a difficult subject this is

By *edro50Man  over a year ago

enniskillen

Hi folks I'm intrigued by some of the comments on here, I find some of them refreshing and positive. May I ask though do any of you know why northern Ireland hasn't a devolved government at the moment?I would be interested in your replies.p

"Hi folks I'm intrigued by some of the comments on here, I find some of them refreshing and positive. May I ask though do any of you know why northern Ireland hasn't a devolved government at the moment?I would be interested in your replies.p"

Its been widely reported since the powershare collapsed why lol

enniskillen

So you know it's the Irish language act is the sticking point as well as the petition of concern!I'm impressed British media as been so thorough! Do you also know that a holiday is coming up over here that's going to cost the British tax payer over a million pounds to police and pay the council to clean up after and finally do you know for the past two years while stormont hasn't been sitting the MPs have still been paid.there some facts that affect you directly it's all coming out of your pocket.

"So you know it's the Irish language act is the sticking point as well as the petition of concern!I'm impressed British media as been so thorough! Do you also know that a holiday is coming up over here that's going to cost the British tax payer over a million pounds to police and pay the council to clean up after and finally do you know for the past two years while stormont hasn't been sitting the MPs have still been paid.there some facts that

affect you directly it's all coming out of your pocket."

our holidays do NOT cost a million pounds to police and or clean up after.....it's much more than that lol. Especially when it kicks off between the caddies and the proddies and the peelers. Can stretch to tens of millions once the petrol bombs, guns and pipe bombs come out of storage! Anyone with a pallet manufacturing business makes an absolute fortune after the 11th July bonfire night. Fires the height of towerblocks get torched every year and burn for days because of the number of old tyres and pallets that burn. None of your wishy washy council run events of november 5th....these fukkers are massive with one in every other street up and down the land.....a real tourist attraction

enniskillen

I was being circumspect and it's going to cost a lot more this year by the looks of it!but I'm sure you get my point!

Just for the craic and if anyone who hasn't experienced the sight of one of the bonfires....mail me and i shall PM a photo of the one closest to me. It's frikkin' huge....

filters will be down for a few hours

Bristol East

Mrs May did not turn up for the vote and neither did Johnson or Hunt.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Mrs May did not turn up for the vote and neither did Johnson or Hunt."

Gives them deniability...

Weren't Johnson and hunt in Manchester for their head to head?

Bristol East

Obviously there are things more important to them than the governance of the United Kingdom.

We really do not have anything resembling a functional Government. Consumed and paralysed by the clusterfuck known as Brexit.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Mrs May was hosting several Leaders concerning modern slavery.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Obviously there are things more important to them than the governance of the United Kingdom.

We really do not have anything resembling a functional Government. Consumed and paralysed by the clusterfuck known as Brexit."

Let’s get it done then

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Tomorrow you will get see how backwards the DUP and people they represent really are.

here

"Tomorrow you will get see how backwards the DUP and people they represent really are."

In your opinion

"Tomorrow you will get see how backwards the DUP and people they represent really are."

Do they still think the earth was created 6000 years ago on a Monday around tea time???

Widnes

"Tomorrow you will get see how backwards the DUP and people they represent really are.

Do they still think the earth was created 6000 years ago on a Monday around tea time???

"

It was!

I think you will find that most people in Northern Ireland enjoy the parades and the atmosphere that goes with them. It is also good news for everyone as it is a public holiday.

"Tomorrow you will get see how backwards the DUP and people they represent really are. I think you will find that most people in Northern Ireland enjoy the parades and the atmosphere that goes with them. It is also good news for everyone as it is a public holiday. "

Errmm... You sure about that? The numbers drop off year on year. If your name is paddy, seamus, siobhan or sinead.... You can't get far enough away from the 'friendly' parades and bonfires. As for the holiday.... I along with a good percentage of the provence will be in work (triple time of course)

"Tomorrow you will get see how backwards the DUP and people they represent really are.

It was!

"

Everyone knows it was Sunday the 21th of October, 4004 B.C.

Because Terry Pratchett (and Neil Gaiman) tell us so.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Is it marching season again?

What’s the point of it nowadays?

A town near you

In your opinion

"

In my opinion

Keep an eye on the news and form your own

here

In your opinion

In my opinion

Keep an eye on the news and form your own"

Already have an opinion on it.

A town near you

In your opinion

In my opinion

Already have an opinion on it. "

And what is it?

here

In your opinion

In my opinion

And what is it?"

That’s my business

A town near you

In your opinion

In my opinion

And what is it?

That’s my business "

That's a shame.

In your opinion

In my opinion

And what is it?

That’s my business

That's a shame."

People might need to read the latest headline before knowing what their opinion is

Widnes

I don't understand why, in Liverpool, we can have these Orange parades & marches and it's no big deal. Just a bunch of guys banging drums, playing pipes and dressing funny. It's only as significant or as important as you choose to believe it is.

A town near you

A quick Google search will provide you with links to articles in mainstream news publications in Ireland and Northern Ireland regarding the sectarianism and paramilitary element to these parades and bonfires not to mention the effergies and tricolours they burn atop

By *eisurepleasureMan  over a year ago

belfast

Its a pity the MPs couldnt also push through gambling legislation to bring Northern Ireland into line with rest of Uk

The Rank organisation wanted to open a casino in Belfast creating 200 jobs but couldn't get permission

Bookies have to close on Sundays but anyone can gamble on a Sunday on their laptop at home

Also to anyone saying Dup is biggest party due to votes

Nearly 50% of the Northern Ireland population dont vote

So Dup share is of people who bother to vote not entire electorate

Who knows Belfast might even get a swingers club before i get my zimmer frame

Bristol East

"I don't understand why, in Liverpool, we can have these Orange parades & marches and it's no big deal. Just a bunch of guys banging drums, playing pipes and dressing funny. It's only as significant or as important as you choose to believe it is.

"

Symbolism.

Of political and religious ideology.

Some people take it more seriously than others.

Such as those with guns buried beneath the swing in the back garden.

Gives them some assurance, I suppose, their ideology will prevail.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"I don't understand why, in Liverpool, we can have these Orange parades & marches and it's no big deal. Just a bunch of guys banging drums, playing pipes and dressing funny. It's only as significant or as important as you choose to believe it is.

"

Obviously never been to Glasgow where the same Orange barsteaerds have been spitting on catholic priest and women...very good pal ..f

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Sellick fan?

By *oguish1Man  over a year ago

Carrigrohane

"

Well said ..... Backward F(ers)

By *sbotangoMan  over a year ago

Close by

And hopefully The Tories will be paying Sinn Féin a billion quid to not resume powersharing until after that date "

Tho tbf it was tony blairs labour government who were always prepared to turn a blind eye to sinn fein/ira violence and murder

Bristol East

What happened?

Bristol East

"No one should be forced to accept the concept of same sex marriages . "

It ain't rocket science.

If you do not like same-sex marriage, don't get married to someone of the same sex.

No-one is forcing anyone to marry someone of the same sex.

A town near you

What happened?"

The usual knuckledragging unionists burning tricolours and tasteful posters and slogans about Catholics, not to mention the new pro brexit banners.

Just Google northern Ireland 12th July bonfires 2019

"Good news.

The DUP cannot have it both ways - they say they cannot tolerate different treatment from the rest of the UK while insisting on different treatment.

"

You hit the nail on the head there

Bristol East

What happened?

The usual knuckledragging unionists burning tricolours and tasteful posters and slogans about Catholics, not to mention the new pro brexit banners.

Just Google northern Ireland 12th July bonfires 2019"

Ah yes, the King Billy brigade.

Bristol East

The legislation requires Minister to report regularly to Parliament in an attempt to thwart probation.

It is written in law Parliament must be recalled during prorogation specifically for this.

On or before Sep 9.

On or before Oct 9.

The Act says Parliament cannot be recalled at weekends and on bank holidays.

Get ready for Johnson to declare a whole new set of bank holidays in October.

D.U.P

Officailally known for ever more as

DOPED UP PROTESTANTS

Thanks to Sammy Wilson & Ulster Resistance ( the Red Berets)

"

Fucking strange some folk

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"Hi. I bet that in real life you would not dare approach either a DUP politician or a supporter and call them a backward fucker so why use such language on this site. Would you be prepared to go into certain pubs in Belfast and express your views ?"

Why? Would he be treated like a suspected catholic back in the day and dragged into a building to have his throat cut shankill butchers style?

Would he be treated like a child attending Holy Cross school? Have pipe bombs thrown at him?

Or maybe they would treat him with a bit more respect, as if he was a member of the police force on bonfire night, and just tell him that if he does not leave he will be murdered?

What would happen him? do tell.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The legislation requires Minister to report regularly to Parliament in an attempt to thwart probation.

It is written in law Parliament must be recalled during prorogation specifically for this.

On or before Sep 9.

On or before Oct 9.

The Act says Parliament cannot be recalled at weekends and on bank holidays.

Get ready for Johnson to declare a whole new set of bank holidays in October.

"

On a side note its good to see the word THWART being used regularly now after i was accused of using it to inflame conversations.

Bristol East

Warts on a swingers website usually means something else is inflamed lolololol

» Add a new message to this topic