FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How will history judge Theresa May?

How will history judge Theresa May?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

She made a balls of Brexit, threw away the party's majority and didn't seem to do anything to tackle the "burning injustices" she spoke of.

I did have some sympathy for her to begin with. But that evaporated the day she went to Grenfell and did not meet any survivors.

How will you remember her?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"She made a balls of Brexit, threw away the party's majority and didn't seem to do anything to tackle the "burning injustices" she spoke of.

I did have some sympathy for her to begin with. But that evaporated the day she went to Grenfell and did not meet any survivors.

How will you remember her?"

personally I feel that where Brexit is concerned she was set up to fail, I do not believe anybody else could have done a better job as our attitude was completely wrong as a nation prior to negotiation (thinking we could demand the rest of E.U. bends to our wishes)

As for the rest of it she hasn't exactly shone the best of light on herself. She spent too long worrying about what would happen if Corbyn came into No. 10 that she forgot to actually run the country in the first place

"She made a balls of Brexit, threw away the party's majority and didn't seem to do anything to tackle the "burning injustices" she spoke of.

Theresa who....?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

As a home sec she failed in the things she said she would do, the snitch vans and Windrush were Ot her finest hour plus her treatment of the police was shoddy..

As pm she has been as incompetent as Cameron was, she thought she and her trusted advisors could sort out brexit with unachievable red lines and did not consider trying to form some sort of cross party compromise till it was too late..

Can't fault her pig headedness but that's not the type of character that was or is needed at this time.

"As a home sec she failed in the things she said she would do, the snitch vans and Windrush were Ot her finest hour plus her treatment of the police was shoddy..

As pm she has been as incompetent as Cameron was, she thought she and her trusted advisors could sort out brexit with unachievable red lines and did not consider trying to form some sort of cross party compromise till it was too late..

Can't fault her pig headedness but that's not the type of character that was or is needed at this time. "

At least Cameron walked away with the Same-Sex Marriage Bill under his belt brought into law despite extremely heavy opposition.

What's May done?

in Lancashire

"As a home sec she failed in the things she said she would do, the snitch vans and Windrush were Ot her finest hour plus her treatment of the police was shoddy..

Can't fault her pig headedness but that's not the type of character that was or is needed at this time.

At least Cameron walked away with the Same-Sex Marriage Bill under his belt brought into law despite extremely heavy opposition.

What's May done?

"

Well it was done on his watch so yes fair play..

Err..

Trick question?

Bristol East

"

What's May done?

"

Yes, he was savvy enough to realise he could steer through a controversial policy (in his own party) with the support of other parties.

Mrs May wasn't. The moment she lost her majority was the moment she needed a non-partisan approach to Brexit. She did the opposite, and circled the wagons around an inner clique of her own party.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Well I am not british, but I will remember her as the woman who tried push through what the UK voted for.

I'll also remember her as an idiot for trusting the DUP into putting british interests before their own.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Lost to the whole pm world ...totally useless from start to finish ...close to worst pm ever ...that distinction belongs to Mr blair

What's May done?

Well it was done on his watch so yes fair play..

Err..

Trick question?

"

LOL, no, just saying she wasn't as inept as Cameron

"Lost to the whole pm world ...totally useless from start to finish ...close to worst pm ever ...that distinction belongs to Mr blair"

Blair did quite a lot of good for this Country, far far far more than May could ever have dreamed even if she'd been given the same time frame

canterbury

Yup lied lied smiled and lied ...top guy

in Lancashire

"Yup lied lied smiled and lied ...top guy"

Elected 3 times, by the middle ground voters who elected Thatcher..

Not a huge fan of his at all but his record needs to be acknowledged if only to show the fickle nature of those on the centre right..

canterbury

Killed and injured many men through lies ....I will never forgive.....as ex forces ...and as I had a brother lost in iraq ...note his family done very well from his time as pm

"Killed and injured many men through lies ....I will never forgive.....as ex forces ...and as I had a brother lost in iraq ...note his family done very well from his time as pm"

I can understand your hatred of the man then irrespective of whatever else can be attributed as a success.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Don't know how history will judge her.

I'll judge her as just another soulless politician; interested in nothing but being in power, for power's sake.

"Don't know how history will judge her.

I'll judge her as just another soulless politician; interested in nothing but being in power, for power's sake."

I think history will judge her honestly, brutally honest

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

If we don't actually BREXIT she will be remembered as the PM who wasted 3 years trying to achieve the impossible.

If we do actually BREXIT, whether initially with a deal or not, she will be remembered as the PM who had the foresight to negotiate the only Leave deal possible and the Leave deal we'll finally end up with.

I think she will be judged as someone who couldn't do party politics. She took on a shit job and then made her job harder by shooting herself in the foot to appease the masses/vocal minority in her party... Who then decried her as being lame. She miss judged and miss played every hand.

The funny thing is, she produced an electable manifesto (albeit she didn't need to be in that place) which was in line with the public mood... A negotiated deal which was to take us back to having a trade relationship but without the wider aspects of the eu.

And her deal pretty much delivered on this. The only issues is she couldn't square off getting the perfect trade relationship with maintaining a soft border.

Which would have been okay if her party had backed her and explained this. Instead, they sold her down the river and reinvented the brexit story and the brexit promises.

When the end to end Brexit journey is laid out, those will have an equally tarnished reputation as May, who will be seen as inept rather than culpable...

in Lancashire

"Killed and injured many men through lies ....I will never forgive.....as ex forces ...and as I had a brother lost in iraq ...note his family done very well from his time as pm"

Am ex forces too and yes the decisions taken in relation to that war in going and then using soft skinned vehicles are one that still are contemptible but the tories had they been in power would have also gone along with Bush's plans..

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The “citizens of nowhere” speech did it for me.

I may have had prior sympathy for the poison chalice that she took up, but that speech made my blood boil. It was the height of ignorance and unbecoming of a Prime Minister of a country who once had an empire on which the sun never set.

Fuck her legacy.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I will remember her as two faced and incompitent

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I will miss the way Sky & BBC News always showed a film clip of her going into Church and then leaving Church on their Sunday bulletins ,

The worst pm in modrn history

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

As a patsy candidate and PM who's deal was rejected only to be acceded under another PM who looks like he's carrying two pasties in his trousers.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

To be fair, both her and Corbyn and have had a nightmare with the 50/50 shitstorm called Brexit (something they both probably sit it the middle on).

Apart from that she doesn't have the connections (like Cameron), the political mandate (she threw it away) or the imagination (she's an instinctive cabal-follower, not leader) to be a PM... just the naked ambition to be one, as her husband let slip.

She'll be seen as the 'nothing PM' - but she'll always have the Brexit excuse.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The worst pm in modrn history"

--By virtue of doing nothing though? If you look at the terrible things the others have actually done... For me it's always tough deciding between Thatcher, Blair and Cameron. But Blair always wins as the worse.. he just has to. It's not a see-saw effect though - the others were just horrible too. And tragically I'm left wing.

Incidentally, Gordon Brown (ok, by then a shadow of the man he used to be) chickened out of a coalition with the Liberal party, giving us endless Austerity potentially until the next market crash. In one sense that was both a dereliction of his political duty to form a government, and an act of pathetic personal cowardliness. In some ways it can't really get worse than that. He's largely forgotten already, but in a way he could actually forever be the worst.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"I will remember her as two faced and incompitent"

Really a two faced politician, how rare are they ?

Bristol East

"

You ain't seen anything yet.

If Trump had gone to Eton . . .

"

The worst pm in modrn history

You ain't seen anything yet.

If Trump had gone to Eton . . ."

He might be gone before November

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"As a patsy candidate and PM who's deal was rejected only to be acceded under another PM who looks like he's carrying two pasties in his trousers. "

I think they're kippers, with their respective ice cushions of course.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I will remember TM as a weak figure, given an impossible task, made worse by losing her majority in parliament, beset by enemies on all sides, with the brunt of them in her own party.

As everyone says she will be the last prime minister of the UK. They are probably right.

She could have done so much, but she failed, a failed PM.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

How will TM be judged?

The only person in history who paid the full price for a DFS sofa?

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"

Boris:

"Hold my pint and watch this .."

A great PM who lead the country through difficult times. To have unemployment at a record low is a fantastic achievement . Sadly the cards were stacked against her in delivering. Brexit.

Hopefully she has no regrets and did the best she could for the country.

Mrs May is a regular church attendee and I am certain that she has more sympathy for the victims of Grenfell than you have . Many people would regard making public such visits as a cheap publicity stunt. What matters are the actions you take , not who you meet.

Theressa May can go to sleep at night knowing she has done a great job.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

How will you remember her? A great PM who lead the country through difficult times. To have unemployment at a record low is a fantastic achievement . Sadly the cards were stacked against her in delivering. Brexit.

Hopefully she has no regrets and did the best she could for the country.

Mrs May is a regular church attendee and I am certain that she has more sympathy for the victims of Grenfell than you have . Many people would regard making public such visits as a cheap publicity stunt. What matters are the actions you take , not who you meet.

Theressa May can go to sleep at night knowing she has done a great job. "

She's achieved nothing and would burn poor people if she thought she could get away with it.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

" To have unemployment at a record low is a fantastic achievement . "

Hitchens's Law: All politically significant statistics are fiddled.

That's Peter Hitchens - a Conservative (but not a Tory), so you can't accuse me of bias.

We hide unemployment statistics by making our young people go to college and university and borrowing the money that the government would otherwise be paying them in unemployment benefits.

Putting them on crap "apprenticeships" filling shelves for less than min wage in Poundland.

"self employment" which is little more than employment of worse terms and less money than proper employment.

We only count people who are claiming unemployment benefits as actually being unemployed - the we go on a benefit sanction binge.

and the list goes on.

This is why real economists - rather than newspaper columnists - seemed so puzzled as to why when our unemployment levels were so low, productivity was also way lower than should be expected.

and we go full circle

Hitchens's Law: All politically significant statistics are fiddled.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

An inept politician who schemed, getting the PM job by fortune, after a morally bankrupt Home Office led period of severe failures, racist undertones on to a PM role without ability to lead or communicate effectively, lacking flexibility that allowed an unplanned EU departure to damage the nation. Abject failure

"An inept politician who schemed, getting the PM job by fortune, after a morally bankrupt Home Office led period of severe failures, racist undertones on to a PM role without ability to lead or communicate effectively, lacking flexibility that allowed an unplanned EU departure to damage the nation. Abject failure "

So apart from that she was quite good

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I will remember her legacy as.

1) the dancing or robotics ha

2) that necklace that looked like she would fall over

3) locked in the car

4) arrived at the meeting and markle wasn't waiting.

5) oh the field of weat class

6) screwed up as a PM

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

As the last female prime minister.

» Add a new message to this topic