FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > There's an awful lot of powerful.......

There's an awful lot of powerful.......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's an awful lot of powerful people taking over powerful positions.

Things are moving fast.

Fasten your seat-belts, especially if you are only genetically ordinary.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Already a push to get tax cuts for the rich, I guess us normals will be picking up the tab for that.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"Already a push to get tax cuts for the rich, I guess us normals will be picking up the tab for that."

I don’t consider myself rich but I hope he raises the higher income tax rate from £50,000 to £80,000.

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

Esther McVey is back and in housing communities government minster. What did we do to deserve her keep coming back

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"I don’t consider myself rich but I hope he raises the higher income tax rate from £50,000 to £80,000. "

Of course you do, you never seem to be able to see beyond the tip of your wallet. Of course you will be visibly better off by 10's or even 100's of pounds and that is what matters to you. Shame you fail to notice your growing vehicle maintenance bills or the fact that it is dying so much quicker. But I am sure you will blame that on shoddy foreign workmanship rather than on the state of our roads, while complaining like mad that your local government are not fixing the potholes.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Powerful people? They might hold power but they're just a collection of useful idiots and drones who will obey Boris blindly.

The likes of Raab, Williamson and Patel are not bright or competent people.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"I don’t consider myself rich but I hope he raises the higher income tax rate from £50,000 to £80,000.

Of course you do, you never seem to be able to see beyond the tip of your wallet. Of course you will be visibly better off by 10's or even 100's of pounds and that is what matters to you. Shame you fail to notice your growing vehicle maintenance bills or the fact that it is dying so much quicker. But I am sure you will blame that on shoddy foreign workmanship rather than on the state of our roads, while complaining like mad that your local government are not fixing the potholes. "

What makes you think my vehicle maintenance bills are increasing? I change my car every 2 yrs so I don’t notice it “dying so much quicker”. I’m not sure where my car is manufactured but I think the workmanship is first class. Thankfully the roads are in pretty good condition in my area so I haven’t had to complain like mad to my local authority for not fixing the potholes.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don’t consider myself rich but I hope he raises the higher income tax rate from £50,000 to £80,000.

Of course you do, you never seem to be able to see beyond the tip of your wallet. Of course you will be visibly better off by 10's or even 100's of pounds and that is what matters to you. Shame you fail to notice your growing vehicle maintenance bills or the fact that it is dying so much quicker. But I am sure you will blame that on shoddy foreign workmanship rather than on the state of our roads, while complaining like mad that your local government are not fixing the potholes. "

Will when will you get it,it is how people are effected by decisions they do not worry about others.All humans are selfish in some way

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

The title of this thread should continue.

There's an awful lot of powerful....... companies about to get a whole lot richer.

People are going to be getting tax breaks, corporations will be getting tax cuts, there will be large scale rail, broadband and construction spending (so they say), so what happens when companies get boosts from government contracts or people with more money in their pockets - their non UK accounts will swell.

I wonder if Boris's plan is Tump-like. Distract with one hand whilst pushing what he wants through with the other. The jester has court - Mogg is pulling the strings.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"The title of this thread should continue.

There's an awful lot of powerful....... companies about to get a whole lot richer.

People are going to be getting tax breaks, corporations will be getting tax cuts, there will be large scale rail, broadband and construction spending (so they say), so what happens when companies get boosts from government contracts or people with more money in their pockets - their non UK accounts will swell.

I wonder if Boris's plan is Tump-like. Distract with one hand whilst pushing what he wants through with the other. The jester has court - Mogg is pulling the strings. "

Most of Trump's tax cuts went on share buy-backs to artificially increase stock market valuations.

I'm surprised they are legal.

Minimal investment in the future of company and in staff pay.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The government has sucked in maximum levels of vermin -it's difficult to get a more loathsome lot, many of whom should be barred from holding public office. Fear for your country.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"The government has sucked in maximum levels of vermin -it's difficult to get a more loathsome lot, many of whom should be barred from holding public office. Fear for your country."

It’s great to see such a positive post!

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"The title of this thread should continue.

I wonder if Boris's plan is Tump-like. Distract with one hand whilst pushing what he wants through with the other. The jester has court - Mogg is pulling the strings.

Most of Trump's tax cuts went on share buy-backs to artificially increase stock market valuations.

I'm surprised they are legal.

Minimal investment in the future of company and in staff pay."

It's a cynical view but as Johnson was supposed to reveal his inner politician ... what was seen yesterday was a total pantomime. His idea on an Australian style points based immigration system makes me wonder what Priti is going to be championing whilst all this spending is happening..?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

His claims about focusing on climate change are at best hopeful.

Pretty much the whole cabinet have consistently voted against bills to improve the UK's efforts.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"His claims about focusing on climate change are at best hopeful.

Pretty much the whole cabinet have consistently voted against bills to improve the UK's efforts. "

It was a fop to his girlfriend, fair play to her she is a bit of an environmentalist but tend to agree the tories have been less than keen on it..

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Pretty much the whole cabinet have consistently voted against bills to improve the UK's efforts. "

Which ones and which bills? would be interested to know?

Pretty much the whole cabinet have consistently voted against bills to improve the UK's efforts. Which ones and which bills? would be interested to know?

"

Here's your starter for 10. The man himself, the others have very similar records...

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999/boris_johnson/uxbridge_and_south_ruislip/votes#environment

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Pretty much the whole cabinet have consistently voted against bills to improve the UK's efforts. Which ones and which bills? would be interested to know?

Here's your starter for 10. The man himself, the others have very similar records...

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999/boris_johnson/uxbridge_and_south_ruislip/votes#environment

"

Your statement said "pretty much most of the cabinet constantly voted against bills" now im assuming you have done a bit of research on this and not just googling a bit on the pm who is not in the cabinet.So your starter for 10 is irreverent.Which mps and which green bills did they vote against?

Your statement said "pretty much most of the cabinet constantly voted against bills" now im assuming you have done a bit of research on this and not just googling a bit on the pm who is not in the cabinet.So your starter for 10 is irreverent.Which mps and which green bills did they vote against?

"

Their voting records are all on that site. You are welcome to do the search yourself, it's not hard.

You stated interest, I showed you were the information is.

I'm not going to extract it into a spreadsheet for you. It doesn't take long to build the picture...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The government has sucked in maximum levels of vermin -it's difficult to get a more loathsome lot, many of whom should be barred from holding public office. Fear for your country."
I would if Corbyn ever gets in

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Already a push to get tax cuts for the rich, I guess us normals will be picking up the tab for that.

I don’t consider myself rich but I hope he raises the higher income tax rate from £50,000 to £80,000. "

Either way I'm still affected, but don't mind paying all that tax to feed the system. Wouldn't complain if the threshold was dropped though

» Add a new message to this topic