FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How long will boris last?.

How long will boris last?.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Place your bets. I say he will leave shortly after 31st october, cos he will then realise it wasnt as easy as he thought and he then will call for an election, one said something fun, that he lives in a parallel universe and soon he will be beamed up to space lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Last as what? Pm or scumbag tory leader? I'll reckon he'll be like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.... Gone before Xmas after some crap deals and some crap performances

[Removed by poster at 26/07/19 13:20:19]

"Last as what? Pm or scumbag tory leader? I'll reckon he'll be like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.... Gone before Xmas after some crap deals and some crap performances "
Yes, last as a pm and maibe a tory leader too lol

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Our glorious Prime Minister will have an energised, positive and productive time in office

A glorious new golden age

"Our glorious Prime Minister will have an energised, positive and productive time in office

"

"Our glorious Prime Minister will have an energised, positive and productive time in office

"

Our?? Are you member of the Conservative party?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Thanks for that. I was wondering if this was the Liebour party's private thread.

Oh how they will be pissed off if he actually does get the Brexit deal right and then wins an election.

They will be squealing like stuck pigs.

Thanks for that. I was wondering if this was the Liebour party's private thread.

Oh how they will be pissed off if he actually does get the Brexit deal right and then wins an election.

They will be squealing like stuck pigs. "

I hope he does, although he is more likely to be gone before Xmas

here

Our?? Are you member of the Conservative party? "

He is our Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury of the United Kingdom

"

Our?? I don’t remember him being voted PM in a general election? When you say ‘our’ do you mean the 160,000 Tory members ?

here

Our?? I don’t remember him being voted PM in a general election? When you say ‘our’ do you mean the 160,000 Tory members ? "

So who is your prime minister then?

Our?? I don’t remember him being voted PM in a general election? When you say ‘our’ do you mean the 160,000 Tory members ? "

That’s the way the system works, if labour were in it would be the Labour Party members who would vote their pm and in.

Or are we into double standards ?

Our?? I don’t remember him being voted PM in a general election? When you say ‘our’ do you mean the 160,000 Tory members ?

That’s the way the system works, if labour were in it would be the Labour Party members who would vote their pm and in.

Or are we into double standards ? "

Not at all, Gordon Brown never won a general election so I don’t think he can be classed as a PM either just a caretaker

So who is your prime minister then?"

Boris Johnson is the caretaker PM

here

Boris Johnson is the caretaker PM "

They are all caretakers

Their tenure can be short and sweet or in the case of Mr Boris Johnson will be long and glorious

They are all caretakers

Their tenure can be short and sweet or in the case of Mr Boris Johnson will be long and glorious

"

Do you believe in democracy? Is it democratic to only allow 160000 Tory members to choose ‘our ‘ prime minister? Maybe the same Tory members should have exclusively had the vote on Brexit as well

here

They are all caretakers

Do you believe in democracy? Is it democratic to only allow 160000 Tory members to choose ‘our ‘ prime minister? Maybe the same Tory members should have exclusively had the vote on Brexit as well "

Oh please not this again...

Before you start do you want to have a look at how Gordon Brown was given the job of Prime Minister (caretaker or otherwise)...

They are all caretakers

Do you believe in democracy? Is it democratic to only allow 160000 Tory members to choose ‘our ‘ prime minister? Maybe the same Tory members should have exclusively had the vote on Brexit as well

Before you start do you want to have a look at how Gordon Brown was given the job of Prime Minister (caretaker or otherwise)...

"

Yeah, if you read my earlier post I have stated that he wasn’t a real PM just a caretaker? You do believe in democracy?

here

They are all caretakers

Yeah, if you read my earlier post I have stated that he wasn’t a real PM just a caretaker? You do believe in democracy? "

I didn't vote for Gordon Brown to be Prime Minister... but he still got there.

They are all caretakers

Yeah, if you read my earlier post I have stated that he wasn’t a real PM just a caretaker? You do believe in democracy?

I didn't vote for Gordon Brown to be Prime Minister... but he still got there."

Exactly, neither did I , you're proving my point , so, do you believe in democracy?

here

They are all caretakers

Exactly, neither did I , you're proving my point , so, do you believe in democracy?"

So there is consistency in the system then

They are all caretakers

Exactly, neither did I , you're proving my point , so, do you believe in democracy?

"

Do you believe in democracy? Should Boris call

an immediate general election?

here

They are all caretakers

an immediate general election? "

He doesn't have too.

Conservatives won the last general election, the next GE isn't due until 2022. Leader of the political party that wins (or can form a government) gets the job

that's the way it goes

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

It really depends on what he does.

He's basically safe from the right wing of the party membership and parliamentary party no matter what he does - even if he fucks them over they'll let him get away with it.

But they represent such a small minority of both the electorate and parliament, that his survival isnt contingent upon their support or lack of.

It's the other 550 odd members of parliament and 90%ish of the electorate that he is going to have to win over.

Right now it looks like he's trying to play both sides - talking about free market capitalism and tax cuts one day, then offering a bit of good old 1970s social democratic Keynsianism the next.

He's at least making an effort, but are the other 250 odd Tory MPs going to be convinced by that?

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

Conservatives won the last general election, the next GE isn't due until 2022. Leader of the political party that wins (or can form a government) gets the job

that's the way it goes

"

Ah, so you don’t believe in democracy? You believe that 160,000 Tory member have the right to choose ‘our’ next PM? Are you happy with that?? If that’s the case shouldn’t we scrap Brexit and just let these Tory members decide if we leave the EU?

here

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

Ah, so you don’t believe in democracy? You believe that 160,000 Tory member have the right to choose ‘our’ next PM? Are you happy with that?? If that’s the case shouldn’t we scrap Brexit and just let these Tory members decide if we leave the EU? "

what has the belief in democracy got to do with the point you are trying to make.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

90 days....

i reckon there will be a general election if he keeps pushing the "hard no deal" button on october 24th.......

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

Ah, so you don’t believe in democracy? You believe that 160,000 Tory member have the right to choose ‘our’ next PM? Are you happy with that?? If that’s the case shouldn’t we scrap Brexit and just let these Tory members decide if we leave the EU?

what has the belief in democracy got to do with the point you are trying to make.

"

What has Britain leaving the EU got to do with democracy?

here

90 days....

i reckon there will be a general election if he keeps pushing the "hard no deal" button on october 24th......."

No..no..no... we can't have politics overshadowing the RWC

90 days....

i reckon there will be a general election if he keeps pushing the "hard no deal" button on october 24th.......

No..no..no... we can't have politics overshadowing the RWC "

I will agree with you on that .

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

90 days....

just checked... that date is between the quarter final weekend and the semi final weekend... and since ireland will be the only northern hemisphere team involved, you will be fine!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

90 days....

Have to agree with you there.

here

90 days....

No..no..no... we can't have politics overshadowing the RWC

just checked... that date is between the quarter final weekend and the semi final weekend... and since ireland will be the only northern hemisphere team involved, you will be fine! "

hahahahaha lol

lets wait and see

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

As PM? Not as long as May did. Not that he will care.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

He will do britex then at the general election piss all over the old wankers the Labour party ...jc gone next day after election ...ps will the great fab experts now give me credit for telling u lot years ago the blonde brothers would run there countries ....the big don and boris ...brothers

Costa Blanca Spain...

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

Ah, so you don’t believe in democracy? You believe that 160,000 Tory member have the right to choose ‘our’ next PM? Are you happy with that?? If that’s the case shouldn’t we scrap Brexit and just let these Tory members decide if we leave the EU? "

I think we all know about Gordon Brown but remember sunny Jim Callaghan? Served as PM for over 3 years (part of that propped up by the old Liberal party) without winning a general election. When he did (had to) go to the country he got well and truly stuffed by Mrs T.

I won't take any lectures about democracy from any Labour member or supporter.

"

A perfect summary of the situation. We have entered the golden era to which you refer.

A perfect summary of the situation. We have entered the golden era to which you refer. "

They will be squealing like stuck pigs. "

I never listen to those who shout loudest on these threads . Boris ie a true success story who will not let us down. He will both get us out of the EU and win the next election. Life will good.

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

I think we all know about Gordon Brown but remember sunny Jim Callaghan? Served as PM for over 3 years (part of that propped up by the old Liberal party) without winning a general election. When he did (had to) go to the country he got well and truly stuffed by Mrs T.

I won't take any lectures about democracy from any Labour member or supporter."

I agree, Callaghan shouldn’t have been allowed to stay for 3 years. I am assuming you voted leave ?

They will be squealing like stuck pigs. I never listen to those who shout loudest on these threads . Boris ie a true success story who will not let us down. He will both get us out of the EU and win the next election. Life will good.

"

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

They are all caretakers

Do you believe in democracy? Is it democratic to only allow 160000 Tory members to choose ‘our ‘ prime minister? Maybe the same Tory members should have exclusively had the vote on Brexit as well "

When you vote, do you vote for your local MP choice....or does it say somewhere on you ballot slip about a choice for PM too?

By becoming leader of the Conservative Party, he, by default as they are the party of government currently, becomes PM.

Costa Blanca Spain...

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

I agree, Callaghan shouldn’t have been allowed to stay for 3 years. I am assuming you voted leave ? "

I supported leave and regard myself as a reluctant Brexiter. I would much prefer to stay in a "Common Market" type arrangement. But a full blooded United States of Europe? Never.

What we voted to join in 1975 was nothing like what we voted to leave in 2016.

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

I agree, Callaghan shouldn’t have been allowed to stay for 3 years. I am assuming you voted leave ?

I supported leave and regard myself as a reluctant Brexiter. I would much prefer to stay in a "Common Market" type arrangement. But a full blooded United States of Europe? Never.

What we voted to join in 1975 was nothing like what we voted to leave in 2016."

You live in Germany and Spain

They are all caretakers

When you vote, do you vote for your local MP choice....or does it say somewhere on you ballot slip about a choice for PM too?

By becoming leader of the Conservative Party, he, by default as they are the party of government currently, becomes PM."

I am being pedantic. It does make me laugh though when leave voters talk about democracy and the ‘will of the people ‘ then applaud when Boris becomes PM with a general election

They are all caretakers

By becoming leader of the Conservative Party, he, by default as they are the party of government currently, becomes PM.

I am being pedantic. It does make me laugh though when leave voters talk about democracy and the ‘will of the people ‘ then applaud when Boris becomes PM with a general election "

I ment without

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

You live in Germany and Spain "

This is called hypocrisy

Costa Blanca Spain...

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

You live in Germany and Spain "

And? Does that make me less British? Does it mean that I'm not allowed an opinion?

What the fuck has that got to do with anything other than you trying to take a cheap shot?

They are all caretakers

Yeah, if you read my earlier post I have stated that he wasn’t a real PM just a caretaker? You do believe in democracy? "

There's no such thing as a "caretaker PM", their either PM or not and if they are PM then their "your" PM irrespective on how they attained the position

They will be squealing like stuck pigs. I never listen to those who shout loudest on these threads . Boris ie a true success story who will not let us down. He will both get us out of the EU and win the next election. Life will good.

"

How can he be a true success story if his life is based on a lie. Your words do not make sense.

near ipswich

How can he be a true success story if his life is based on a lie. Your words do not make sense. "

Good to see you back anything constructive to add to the thread?

If you think that the general public have the right to vote in the pm and not just the party members who are in power at the time then you would have to get rid of all the party’s and have every mp as an independent.

Because how can you expect the public to vote on a party that they do not support?

It would be a mess

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

And? Does that make me less British? Does it mean that I'm not allowed an opinion?

What the fuck has that got to do with anything other than you trying to take a cheap shot?"

Wow. That hit a nerve, are you happy with your reaction ? I am trying to understand why people who live in the EU voted leave ?

"If you think that the general public have the right to vote in the pm and not just the party members who are in power at the time then you would have to get rid of all the party’s and have every mp as an independent.

Because how can you expect the public to vote on a party that they do not support?

It would be a mess"

A bit like the referendum then

How can he be a true success story if his life is based on a lie. Your words do not make sense. Good to see you back anything constructive to add to the thread?"

Sorry but you are becoming boring

here

"If you think that the general public have the right to vote in the pm and not just the party members who are in power at the time then you would have to get rid of all the party’s and have every mp as an independent.

It would be a mess

A bit like the referendum then "

that was nice and easy ... in or out

majority wins

It would be a mess

A bit like the referendum then

that was nice and easy ... in or out

majority wins"

Yeah, how is that panning out? Have we left yet

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Boris will take us out of EU then set about destroying Corbyn,that is really what he is about.

It is his hate of the left that drives him not leaving the EU.

How long will he last who knows

Not long hopefully... But who too vote for in the next election.

A clown or a commi???

What a choice

Costa Blanca Spain...

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

What the fuck has that got to do with anything other than you trying to take a cheap shot?

Wow. That hit a nerve, are you happy with your reaction ? I am trying to understand why people who live in the EU voted leave ? "

Not hit a nerve at all. It just shows you up, like many others, as someone who always makes it personal when you have lost the argument. I could live in fucking Antarctica and still be allowed my opinion. But hey, what's free speech to a fucking leftie? Shout down the opposition with slurs and lies until they get pissed off. Are you a member of that bunch of fuckwits called Momentum by any chance?

Anyway, simple answer to a very simple question.

If I had a vote in Germany or Spain and they had a referendum I would still vote leave, as would the Mrs and more Germans than you would like to think.

This EU with its constant push towards a full federal Europe has to be destroyed. Then maybe, just maybe, we could get back to the original concept of the EEC (Common Market to you)

BTW JC actually agrees with me, he just hasn't got the bollocks to say it.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"They'll be home by Christmas"

Same idiotic mindset.

THE STICKS

"

This EU with its constant push towards a full federal Europe has to be destroyed. Then maybe, just maybe, we could get back to the original concept of the EEC (Common Market to you)

"

What do you think the original concept of the EEC was?

Bristol East

That kinda mindset - let's destroy the EU and just keep trade - underlines just how out of touch some on these islands are about what the EU is actually about.

It's the same kinda mindset that would happily destroy the United Kingdom, so long as people can still buy whisky or whatever.

Some people cannot see value unless it is quantified in LSD.

labour will never govern with Jeremy corbyn at the helm

so if he calls an election i fear he will win.

How can he be a true success story if his life is based on a lie. Your words do not make sense. "

I thought that the life of Boris was based on numerous achievements and success. He was an outstanding mayor of London. If he was a liar he would not be a success . He has the backing of the electorate and that is what matters .

Bristol East

He has been sacked three times for lying.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

What do you think the original concept of the EEC was?

"

Oh I know exactly what it was.

Trouble is (was) that it was not only kept secret in 1975, the public was actually lied to.

Remember "No threat to sovereignty" and all that?

Had the British people been told that it was the first step to joining a United States of Europe there would never have been a need for Brexit. We wouldn't have joined in the first place.

The EEC (Common Market) was nothing more than a Trojan horse.

Bristol East

Do you see the contradiction in your post about sovereignty?

The UK just voted to take back something it never lost, in order to give up everything it has.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Do you see the contradiction in your post about sovereignty?

The UK just voted to take back something it never lost, in order to give up everything it has.

"

Understanding EU treaties (Lisbon for example) obviously isn't your strong point.

What do you think "ever closer union" actually means?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The Boris strategy seems to be very, very obvious to me.

He is playing a hardball game with the EU whilst domestically promising uncosted, but vote winning policies on a day to day basis - increasing Police numbers, more money spent on the military, hospital upgrades, social care improvement, money no object spending on “no deal” preparation, improved public transport in the north etc etc.

The idea is to sell himself to the public over the next month or so as the people’s PM. The cost of his never ending policy promises are irrelevant because as we know, these days the truth is irrelevant. He will say and promise whatever is necessary to cement his position amongst the millions of gullible people who vote on soundbytes rather than facts.

Roll on October and the evil E.U. continue to refuse to remove the Irish backstop and Boris sells it as an affront against the heroic and patriotic citizens of this country.

Whether or not Parliament allows a “no deal” Brexit to pass - Boris will have placed himself as the people’s Prime Minister and ready to take back Brexit voters and convincingly win an Autumn election.

Strategically very clever, but whether it is in the National interest to allow uncosted promises to be used to build political stock is questionable. Hopefully, the Press will hold him and his promises to account but who knows whether even that will make any difference in the post truth world.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"The Boris strategy seems to be very, very obvious to me.

He is playing a hardball game with the EU whilst domestically promising uncosted, but vote winning policies on a day to day basis - increasing Police numbers, more money spent on the military, hospital upgrades, social care improvement, money no object spending on “no deal” preparation, improved public transport in the north etc etc.

The idea is to sell himself to the public over the next month or so as the people’s PM. The cost of his never ending policy promises are irrelevant because as we know, these days the truth is irrelevant. He will say and promise whatever is necessary to cement his position amongst the millions of gullible people who vote on soundbytes rather than facts.

Roll on October and the evil E.U. continue to refuse to remove the Irish backstop and Boris sells it as an affront against the heroic and patriotic citizens of this country.

Whether or not Parliament allows a “no deal” Brexit to pass - Boris will have placed himself as the people’s Prime Minister and ready to take back Brexit voters and convincingly win an Autumn election.

Strategically very clever, but whether it is in the National interest to allow uncosted promises to be used to build political stock is questionable. Hopefully, the Press will hold him and his promises to account but who knows whether even that will make any difference in the post truth world."

With only a few small changes (hardball with the EU for example)

That could be JC's resume as well.

North West

Understanding EU treaties (Lisbon for example) obviously isn't your strong point.

What do you think "ever closer union" actually means?"

The United Kingdom has a permanent opt out from that concept. There was never any possibility of the U.K. being taken down that route and the U.K. had a veto over its own involvement in any so called E.U. Army.

Surprised you don’t know that - or perhaps you do, but playing ignorant suits the argument?

Bristol East

What do you think "ever closer union" actually means?"

The Treaty you are referring to is the 1957 Treaty of Rome, which is the foundation treaty for what we call the EU today.

This is the treaty that states the signatories are “determined to lay the foundations of an ever-closer union among the peoples of Europe”.

This is the Treaty upon which the UK ascended to membership in 1975 and upon which two-thirds of the population said they agreed with.

So the idea that ever-closer union is something imposed on the UK after 1975 is bogus.

Since that referendum, there has been 10 General Elections in the UK.

At each election, the parties set out their policies on Europe.

At every turn of the wheel since 1975, the UK Government has voted in favour of reform, or secured an opt-out from it.

One question:

Did the UK need the permission of the EU to hold a referendum in 2016?

The answer to that is the answer to your question about sovereignty.

North West

"The Boris strategy seems to be very, very obvious to me.

Strategically very clever, but whether it is in the National interest to allow uncosted promises to be used to build political stock is questionable. Hopefully, the Press will hold him and his promises to account but who knows whether even that will make any difference in the post truth world.

With only a few small changes (hardball with the EU for example)

That could be JC's resume as well."

Other than Johnson is clearly targeting the gullible Brexit voters who Corbyn has no chance with.

You may think it insulting to label Brexit voters gullible - but that is what they are and Johnson is targeting that specific demographic by hard balling the EU and making populist statements about spending money on the Police and the military.

Watch the Farage and Brexit Party pushback start imminently. Farage will know exactly what Johnson is doing because Farage wrote the book on populist promises,

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

They are all caretakers

He doesn't have too.

that's the way it goes

What we voted to join in 1975 was nothing like what we voted to leave in 2016."

What the country joined evolved democratically.

Every step could have been vetoed by us as a nation at any point.

The UK is completely different now to how it was in 1975. It has evolved democratically.

West London

"Place your bets. I say he will leave shortly after 31st october, cos he will then realise it wasnt as easy as he thought and he then will call for an election, one said something fun, that he lives in a parallel universe and soon he will be beamed up to space lol "

There will be a general election to avoid a vote of no confidence before the exit date.

That's why he is in campaign mode already.

He'll do a Trump and promise big and deliver small. His economic timing is off though. The market won't carry him through.

By *retty GoodMan  over a year ago

Cardiff Bay

"Place your bets. I say he will leave shortly after 31st october, cos he will then realise it wasnt as easy as he thought and he then will call for an election, one said something fun, that he lives in a parallel universe and soon he will be beamed up to space lol

There will be a general election to avoid a vote of no confidence before the exit date.

He'll do a Trump and promise big and deliver small. His economic timing is off though. The market won't carry him through."

Promise big deliver small lol

Keeping in mind I'm terrible at predicting political events...

I can see Boris's team constructing an argument why a delay is both right, not his fault, and not a broken promise.

Which will head off a vite of no confidence as remainers will see this as a success.

And the usual Brexiteers will be silent as they are now ministers (hello jrm)

So he will PM until the end of the term.

TBP will not have the steam to compete.

LD will have lost some wind from gamheir sails.

So it's back to a 2 horse RA e with labour. And if jc is still leader it's not a fair accompli we'd vote out bojo out of anger...

West London

There is a global economic downturn starting.

I think there are no more buttons to press that will put it off any longer. It's already overdue.

BoJo's premiership will pivot in this outside event too.

If it arrives early there will be no Brexit but BoJo may remain in place.

If it arrives later he will not be able to deliver on his debt laden promises as borrowing after a no deal in an economic downturn will be cripplingly expensive and trade deals impossible to come by.

THE STICKS

"

Trouble is (was) that it was not only kept secret in 1975, the public was actually lied to.

Remember "No threat to sovereignty" and all that?

Had the British people been told that it was the first step to joining a United States of Europe there would never have been a need for Brexit. We wouldn't have joined in the first place.

The EEC (Common Market) was nothing more than a Trojan horse.

"

Do you have a source for that claim?

I reckon he will last long enough to bring about the electoral reform which would ensure that general elections are no longer required.

canterbury

Love the don and boris show.

..both will do a good job whilst pissing some people off ...but hey entertainment ahead ...I love the great experts on here ...some spend there life spouting shite

We don't directly elect our Prime Minister in the UK.

We vote for our local MP.

The party with the most MP's forms the government and that party decides on their leader and consequently, the PM.

Usually it will be whomever was the leader of the party at the time of the General election, but there is nothing in our constitution that prevents a party replacing that leader after winning an election.

near ipswich

Its the boris bounce polls today have the tories up between 3 and 10%.

near ipswich

"Place your bets. I say he will leave shortly after 31st october, cos he will then realise it wasnt as easy as he thought and he then will call for an election, one said something fun, that he lives in a parallel universe and soon he will be beamed up to space lol

He'll do a Trump and promise big and deliver small. His economic timing is off though. The market won't carry him through."

There will be no GE before a vote of no confidence. If there is a vote of no confidence we will be out of the eu and boris will have fulfilled his promise to leave.There is not enough time to do anything about it,if a no confidence vote is won the pm can then shut down parliament while a GE is fought that would be 6 weeks and by default we would be out while the election is going on. The remainers would have shot themselves in the foot and taken the uk out

here

He'll do a Trump and promise big and deliver small. His economic timing is off though. The market won't carry him through. There will be no GE before a vote of no confidence. If there is a vote of no confidence we will be out of the eu and boris will have fulfilled his promise to leave.There is not enough time to do anything about it,if a no confidence vote is won the pm can then shut down parliament while a GE is fought that would be 6 weeks and by default we would be out while the election is going on. The remainers would have shot themselves in the foot and taken the uk out "

Reading some commentary this morning which says exactly this

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

How long will Boris last?? Depends if he can remember the whole of the 1966 world cup winning squad!

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

He'll do a Trump and promise big and deliver small. His economic timing is off though. The market won't carry him through. There will be no GE before a vote of no confidence. If there is a vote of no confidence we will be out of the eu and boris will have fulfilled his promise to leave.There is not enough time to do anything about it,if a no confidence vote is won the pm can then shut down parliament while a GE is fought that would be 6 weeks and by default we would be out while the election is going on. The remainers would have shot themselves in the foot and taken the uk out "

Your logic is flawed.

Bristol East

"Its the boris bounce polls today have the tories up between 3 and 10%."

Yes, I heard that. I also heard one that said Anyone-but-Corbyn and Labour would be 10 points ahead.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Its the boris bounce polls today have the tories up between 3 and 10%.

Yes, I heard that. I also heard one that said Anyone-but-Corbyn and Labour would be 10 points ahead."

Teresa May was polling very well when she took over...

And yes, it seems very clear that Labour could be doing so much better. Time to hand it over to Keir Starmer, Jeremy.

"Its the boris bounce polls today have the tories up between 3 and 10%.

Yes, I heard that. I also heard one that said Anyone-but-Corbyn and Labour would be 10 points ahead."

Apparently way down though on the bounce when May took office.

Cardiff Bay

Best status seen today .... Boris Johnson, who was educated at Oxford and Elton, where he excelled at English and classics, is now our prime minister, but on FB. Stacey, on overweight single mum from Barnsley is of the opinion that " boris jonsen is an idiot. Can't beleev he is are prime minster "

Sounds like fab too

"Best status seen today .... Boris Johnson, who was educated at Oxford and Elton, where he excelled at English and classics, is now our prime minister, but on FB. Stacey, on overweight single mum from Barnsley is of the opinion that " boris jonsen is an idiot. Can't beleev he is are prime minster "

Sounds like fab too"

The less we'll off and educated amongst us have a voice too

Ay fink!

Bristol East

"Best status seen today .... Boris Johnson, who was educated at Oxford and Elton, where he excelled at English and classics, is now our prime minister, but on FB. Stacey, on overweight single mum from Barnsley is of the opinion that " boris jonsen is an idiot. Can't beleev he is are prime minster "

Sounds like fab too"

And your point is?

This state of 'social affairs' is, unfortunately, one of Great Britain's newest and trendiest bents.

The realms of pure fantasy, I believe. Becoming more tedious now than ever, soon, it will escalate into a national crisis.

I also am very aware that "Fabswingers Political Forum" is, in REALITY, a discussion (sic) facility of much lesser prestige than is the "Speaker's Corner" creaky old soapbox area in (I think..) Hyde Park, London.

"

Cardiff Bay

Sounds like fab too

And your point is?"

I think it was made

Sounds like fab too

And your point is?

I think it was made"

Do be warned, good sir, you risk incurring the 'wrath' of the magnanimous "William McGonagall of Fabswinger's Political Forum"....(?!)

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I believe we will see Boris do exactly as he said he would, and he will lead us out of the EU by the 31st October.

He may well call for a general election in the spring, by which time he will be way ahead of Corbyn, and since we will be out already, the liberals and the Brexit party will be irrelevant.

So after a convincing win next May we will have another five years to ensure the bright future he promises us.

I for one can’t wait, and the Labour voters out there will be glad to see Corbyn, McDonnell and Watson, and Abbott quit after their abysmal loss next spring. If however that useless bunch of halfwits should quit before the next election, it could be a very different story. But while they are there it’s plain sailing ahead for Boris

Bristol East

Sounds like fab too

And your point is?

I think it was made"

Did Elton teach you too?

Cardiff Bay

Sounds like fab too

And your point is?

I think it was made

Did Elton teach you too?"

Lol spell checks a bitch lol

London

Sounds like fab too"

Given you spell words wrong in your posts all the time, I'm not sure you want to be laughing at the education of others.

Really, that tweet shows the entitled, snobbish nature of Tories in a nutshell.

"Imagine being from Barnsley, how hilarious!

Imagine being a single mother! Imagine being overweight! Ugh!"

Boris is a secret remainer just like may, he is just doing this for 3 months as it is on his bucket list to become a pm lol

Cardiff Bay

Sounds like fab too

Given you spell words wrong in your posts all the time, I'm not sure you want to be laughing at the education of others.

Imagine being a single mother! Imagine being overweight! Ugh!" "

Yeah the spell check got me on Eton to be fair but the rest was from a status I had seen.

No it shows how the majority of the left purely goes on word of mouth or fb,

And concerning the Barnsley, single mother and overweight bit well if you can’t see the humour in the post that says more about you and the left really

The thing is we kind of have to forget the last 3 years and what we have been told. Boris has pressed the reset button. Now if we had a leaver prime minister from the start we would of been out by that. I will save judgement for now and will see if he can deliver x

London

Sounds like fab too

Yeah the spell check got me on Eton to be fair but the rest was from a status I had seen.

And concerning the Barnsley, single mother and overweight bit well if you can’t see the humour in the post that says more about you and the left really "

I wasn't just speaking about that post, generally you don't seem to know your grammar very well for someone who obviously thinks a lot of his intellect.

Yep, I'll quite happily say that not thinking someone being northern and fat is inherently hilarious says something about me.

And in reality, I haven't seen many people say that Boris is stupid. I've seen a lot of people say that he is only out for himself and no care for anything else. Even his own partner said that.

"The thing is we kind of have to forget the last 3 years and what we have been told. Boris has pressed the reset button. Now if we had a leaver prime minister from the start we would of been out by that. I will save judgement for now and will see if he can deliver x"

I'm pressing the reset button on my long term view of Boris so now I'm not looking back on his previous gaffs and will only form my opinions from his tenure of No 10.

Comared to the last lot of PM's we've had I actually like Boris's approach and demeanor so far.

He has talked a lot already so let's see if he delivers

Cardiff Bay

Sounds like fab too

And concerning the Barnsley, single mother and overweight bit well if you can’t see the humour in the post that says more about you and the left really

I wasn't just speaking about that post, generally you don't seem to know your grammar very well for someone who obviously thinks a lot of his intellect.

Yep, I'll quite happily say that not thinking someone being northern and fat is inherently hilarious says something about me.

And in reality, I haven't seen many people say that Boris is stupid. I've seen a lot of people say that he is only out for himself and no care for anything else. Even his own partner said that.

"

Well I’ve never stated what I thought of my own intellect but ok

But it does seem the point of the comment has gone completely over your head. If it makes you feel better pretend I said a skinny alcoholic man from Maidstone. But I got a feeling it’s lost on you anyway

London

"

But it does seem the point of the comment has gone completely over your head. If it makes you feel better pretend I said a skinny alcoholic man from Maidstone. But I got a feeling it’s lost on you anyway "

The idea that 'Boris is smart, this imaginary fat Northern woman is stupid' goes over my head in its amazing complexity is quite funny.

I was criticising what the language used shows about the biases and arrogance of the right. Do try and keep up.

"I believe we will see Boris do exactly as he said he would, and he will lead us out of the EU by the 31st October.

He may well call for a general election in the spring, by which time he will be way ahead of Corbyn, and since we will be out already, the liberals and the Brexit party will be irrelevant.

So after a convincing win next May we will have another five years to ensure the bright future he promises us.

I for one can’t wait, and the Labour voters out there will be glad to see Corbyn, McDonnell and Watson, and Abbott quit after their abysmal loss next spring. If however that useless bunch of halfwits should quit before the next election, it could be a very different story. But while they are there it’s plain sailing ahead for Boris "

I think yours is the nearest correct prediction.. we might see David Miliband back.. who should have been the

labour leader in the first place. not mr.ed

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I believe we will see Boris do exactly as he said he would, and he will lead us out of the EU by the 31st October.

I for one can’t wait, and the Labour voters out there will be glad to see Corbyn, McDonnell and Watson, and Abbott quit after their abysmal loss next spring. If however that useless bunch of halfwits should quit before the next election, it could be a very different story. But while they are there it’s plain sailing ahead for Boris "

Agree 100%

canterbury

So many experts on here ....experts at talking shite...

O :that is so funny

"So many experts on here ....experts at talking shite..."

Ironic

Kinda amusing the idea we should be accepting Boris because of his smarts... Yet we've been told to ignore experts for a few years now. Suddenly a degree in old books and dead languages is seen as a good thing for making decions about the economy etc.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Kinda amusing the idea we should be accepting Boris because of his smarts... Yet we've been told to ignore experts for a few years now. Suddenly a degree in old books and dead languages is seen as a good thing for making decions about the economy etc.

"

History exists for us to learn from it.

And recent history proves that if you are in power and don’t deliver a mandate demanded for by a democratic vote by the people, you won’t last long.

"Kinda amusing the idea we should be accepting Boris because of his smarts... Yet we've been told to ignore experts for a few years now. Suddenly a degree in old books and dead languages is seen as a good thing for making decions about the economy etc.

History exists for us to learn from it.

And recent history proves that if you are in power and don’t deliver a mandate demanded for by a democratic vote by the people, you won’t last long."

We shoulda found a historian then.

Tbf Cameron delivered on his mandate. He gave the people a vote. And didn't last much longer after that. At the last election the tories promised a negotiated deal. May delivered. And didn't last long after that.

But either which way doesn't change my point the agenda seems to have moved from dismissing the educated and creating a class(ish) division that people are calling the voters stupid, to now saying leave it to Boris and ignore those who call him blundering and error strewn. He went to Oxford don't you know? Respect his smarts.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Suddenly a degree in old books and dead languages is seen as a good thing for making decions about the economy etc

He went to Oxford don't you know? Respect his smarts."

He's so smart he said this:

"Our Union is the most successful political and economic union in history."

That would be the USA, Boris. Fair enough, it's about as united as the UK is, right now; but it's economically more successful.

Politically? Who knows? It's certainly possible the USA - and even the EU - will outlast the UK.

If that happens, Boris, you will have to bear your part of the responsibility for it.

Cardiff Bay

"

But it does seem the point of the comment has gone completely over your head. If it makes you feel better pretend I said a skinny alcoholic man from Maidstone. But I got a feeling it’s lost on you anyway

The idea that 'Boris is smart, this imaginary fat Northern woman is stupid' goes over my head in its amazing complexity is quite funny.

I was criticising what the language used shows about the biases and arrogance of the right. Do try and keep up.

"

Lol aww bless, hope your not to triggered

London

"

Lol aww bless, hope your not to triggered "

Oo, good one, 'triggered'. How original.

It's 'you're', and 'too', by the way, whilst you're chuckling at people who can't spell.

Cardiff Bay

"

It's 'you're', and 'too', by the way, whilst you're chuckling at people who can't spell.

"

O seems like a nerve has been hit here lol

London

"

O seems like a nerve has been hit here lol"

No, I'm all good thanks. Just slightly amused at your debating 'skills'. I think I'll leave it at that.

Cardiff Bay

"

O seems like a nerve has been hit here lol

No, I'm all good thanks. Just slightly amused at your debating 'skills'. I think I'll leave it at that. "

Yes I think you should, maybe understand the comment first would help dude

"Kinda amusing the idea we should be accepting Boris because of his smarts"
I dont and I would actually question if he is so smart they say he is, does he really believe brexit could happen? I dont think so.

» Add a new message to this topic