FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Manchester speech - Boris.

Manchester speech - Boris.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

His opening speech is annoying. Fundamentally I agree with what I've heard - yet, one question I have to ask is, why do we need to leave the EU in order to embark on half of what he said?

What are the specific regulations making it harder to link the north up with a improved train network?

He speaks about avoiding regulations to improve the biosciences industry and biosciences public sector - but what regulations?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"His opening speech is annoying. Fundamentally I agree with what I've heard - yet, one question I have to ask is, why do we need to leave the EU in order to embark on half of what he said?

What are the specific regulations making it harder to link the north up with a improved train network?

He speaks about avoiding regulations to improve the biosciences industry and biosciences public sector - but what regulations?

"

Heard bits of it. Sounds like a labour lite set of commitments... Stressing importance of NHS, schools, FE, state social care etc.

I found it interesting he cited London and Manchester as being models to aspire to... Those places which wnat to stay in the eu. So it's not clear why the eu is bad when the role mwdol cities like it...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"His opening speech is annoying. Fundamentally I agree with what I've heard - yet, one question I have to ask is, why do we need to leave the EU in order to embark on half of what he said?

Heard bits of it. Sounds like a labour lite set of commitments... Stressing importance of NHS, schools, FE, state social care etc.

I found it interesting he cited London and Manchester as being models to aspire to... Those places which wnat to stay in the eu. So it's not clear why the eu is bad when the role mwdol cities like it... "

My thoughts exactly.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Yes, that was the line I picked up on - that leaving the the EU would allow Britain to scrap regulations.

What regulations?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

And yat again the promises stack up, someone must be planting magic money trees..

GE in the offing as a fallback for when he knows Parliament is about to stop his promise of Brexit on the 31st Oct?

This announcement is partially what is needed, linking up the West and East coasts and the North East is the better option..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the reason is that it doesn't...

the way he is setting it up is that if he doesn't get from the EU what he wants, he is going to want everyone to blame the EU for a UK hard no deal brexit...

what the EU need to keep telling people is that the Backstop idea was a UK government construct to fall in line with the good friday agreement.... not the EU's idea

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"And yat again the promises stack up, someone must be planting magic money trees..

"

Odds are very little of this ever happens. When May came in she spoke a lot about fighting injustice and inequality and then did nothing. the Tories know the kind of thing that plays well to the average voter,but when it comes to it they won't spend money. can't imagine it will be long before the return of tax cuts fortnight earners.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"And yat again the promises stack up, someone must be planting magic money trees..

Odds are very little of this ever happens. When May came in she spoke a lot about fighting injustice and inequality and then did nothing. the Tories know the kind of thing that plays well to the average voter,but when it comes to it they won't spend money. can't imagine it will be long before the return of tax cuts fortnight earners."

Funny that andy burnham labour mayor for manchester says he believes him. i guess he must of spoke to him while there and got the impression he was serious and yet again the doom and gloom merchants dismiss it.

in Lancashire

Odds are very little of this ever happens. When May came in she spoke a lot about fighting injustice and inequality and then did nothing. the Tories know the kind of thing that plays well to the average voter,but when it comes to it they won't spend money. can't imagine it will be long before the return of tax cuts fortnight earners.Funny that andy burnham labour mayor for manchester says he believes him. i guess he must of spoke to him while there and got the impression he was serious and yet again the doom and gloom merchants dismiss it. "

Time will tell if he who thus far has been twice sacked for lying who is promising the earth will deliver..

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Odds are very little of this ever happens. When May came in she spoke a lot about fighting injustice and inequality and then did nothing. the Tories know the kind of thing that plays well to the average voter,but when it comes to it they won't spend money. can't imagine it will be long before the return of tax cuts fortnight earners.Funny that andy burnham labour mayor for manchester says he believes him. i guess he must of spoke to him while there and got the impression he was serious and yet again the doom and gloom merchants dismiss it.

Time will tell if he who thus far has been twice sacked for lying who is promising the earth will deliver..

"

Turbo-charged new golden age

He does talk a good load of bollocks doesn't he.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

He is full of crap. If he were to win an early Election the things he has promised will be scrapped.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Odds are very little of this ever happens. When May came in she spoke a lot about fighting injustice and inequality and then did nothing. the Tories know the kind of thing that plays well to the average voter,but when it comes to it they won't spend money. can't imagine it will be long before the return of tax cuts fortnight earners.Funny that andy burnham labour mayor for manchester says he believes him. i guess he must of spoke to him while there and got the impression he was serious and yet again the doom and gloom merchants dismiss it. "

Burnham wants investment in his city. Not exactly going to tell Boris to fuck off, is he?

But you guys keep repeating 'golden age!' to yourselves like excited little toddlers

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Odds are very little of this ever happens. When May came in she spoke a lot about fighting injustice and inequality and then did nothing. the Tories know the kind of thing that plays well to the average voter,but when it comes to it they won't spend money. can't imagine it will be long before the return of tax cuts fortnight earners.Funny that andy burnham labour mayor for manchester says he believes him. i guess he must of spoke to him while there and got the impression he was serious and yet again the doom and gloom merchants dismiss it.

Burnham wants investment in his city. Not exactly going to tell Boris to fuck off, is he?

But you guys keep repeating 'golden age!' to yourselves like excited little toddlers "

there’s some moaning fucking twats on here if he had said fuck that not spending money in the north fair doos moan away but atleast it’s a bit of good news for a change yet you still whine on ffs imagine popping along to a swingers club and you lot are in there I’d use more than a fucking paddle on your arses in the dungeon I’d use a baseball bat probs cheer yas up lmao

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 27/07/19 15:40:46]

near ipswich

But you guys keep repeating 'golden age!' to yourselves like excited little toddlers there’s some moaning fucking twats on here if he had said fuck that not spending money in the north fair doos moan away but atleast it’s a bit of good news for a change yet you still whine on ffs imagine popping along to a swingers club and you lot are in there I’d use more than a fucking paddle on your arses in the dungeon I’d use a baseball bat probs cheer yas up lmao"

my thoughts exactly i put something similar on another thread but of course a lot more politely.

Why the fuck we need a railway that cuts 20 mins off the travel time I don’t know, mind you the whole HS2 project is a load of bollux! What’s the point of having a train that goes so sat by has to keep slowing down and stopping all of the time and costing billions more for the sake on maybe an hour ?

Cardiff

"there’s some moaning fucking twats on here if he had said fuck that not spending money in the north fair doos moan away but atleast it’s a bit of good news for a change yet you still whine on ffs imagine popping along to a swingers club and you lot are in there I’d use more than a fucking paddle on your arses in the dungeon I’d use a baseball bat probs cheer yas up lmao"

Mmmm I've been looking for a really badass rightwing domme with a hard bat, cloth ears and evil attitude.. maybe you go get in touch?

thornaby

I know but the level of moaning is of the radar lately it’s hard to be polite it was a bit tongue in cheek tho just.a bit lol

Cardiff

"there’s some moaning fucking twats on here if he had said fuck that not spending money in the north fair doos moan away but atleast it’s a bit of good news for a change yet you still whine on ffs imagine popping along to a swingers club and you lot are in there I’d use more than a fucking paddle on your arses in the dungeon I’d use a baseball bat probs cheer yas up lmao

Mmmm I've been looking for a really badass rightwing domme with a hard bat, cloth ears and evil attitude.. maybe you go get in touch? "

And if you're the bloke... even better

thornaby

"there’s some moaning fucking twats on here if he had said fuck that not spending money in the north fair doos moan away but atleast it’s a bit of good news for a change yet you still whine on ffs imagine popping along to a swingers club and you lot are in there I’d use more than a fucking paddle on your arses in the dungeon I’d use a baseball bat probs cheer yas up lmao

Mmmm I've been looking for a really badass rightwing domme with a hard bat, cloth ears and evil attitude.. maybe you go get in touch? "

nar I’m straight mate sorry you will ha e to look else were lol

near ipswich

"Why the fuck we need a railway that cuts 20 mins off the travel time I don’t know, mind you the whole HS2 project is a load of bollux! What’s the point of having a train that goes so sat by has to keep slowing down and stopping all of the time and costing billions more for the sake on maybe an hour ? "
Its a good job everyone didnt think like you in the 1800,s we would still all be traveling by stage coach.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

No one above dismissed anything , it is the brexiteer s who dismiss that what boris said can be done from within the EU

Ironically the sciences including bioscience want if not need to be within the EU

I have yet to hear of a plausible scenario where a deal with a 3rd party is significantly more beneficial than the deals or trade terms already held with them through the EU

And I really do not like the way America does business, I have chosen not to live there and , any deal close deal bilateral deal will hold many tight strings ,health care absolutely being one , food standards another

It needs to be understood

Standards are vital , high standards important.

The more who follow the same standards will equal less costs , better policing, adherence, understanding , less ambiguity

It makes sense for a nation of 65 million to follow , or try to follow a single set

Thus for the UK it will be US standards or EU

I prefer EU standards

On a basic level

Both are corrupt

Both can have their policy influenced by money, religion, dogma, prejudices and popular public beliefs of wants however my opinion is the EU does try to counter these influences using good reasoning , the us certainly also says it does however I feel it is evidenced and demonstrated that they are more financially focused and the EU tries to be a little more human focused

in Lancashire

Ooh look over there, a pot of gold at the end of a golden rainbow..

Says Boris..

But where Boris ask the faithfull in a fawning, gullible and idolising tone..

It's behind the fucking magic money tree you silly plebs he replies..

Turbo-charged new golden age

"

"Why the fuck we need a railway that cuts 20 mins off the travel time I don’t know, mind you the whole HS2 project is a load of bollux! What’s the point of having a train that goes so sat by has to keep slowing down and stopping all of the time and costing billions more for the sake on maybe an hour ? "

O dear

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Not connected there is more to running the country than leaving the EU,pity his predecessor did not see this

I think modern infrastructure will always pay dividends in the long run

Not connected there is more to running the country than leaving the EU,pity his predecessor did not see this"

BREXIT is the only reason he is PM

thornaby

"Ooh look over there, a pot of gold at the end of a golden rainbow..

Says Boris..

It's behind the fucking magic money tree you silly plebs he replies.. "

great post would work just aswell if you replaced Boris with Corbyn lol

in Lancashire

Says Boris..

It's behind the fucking magic money tree you silly plebs he replies.. great post would work just aswell if you replaced Boris with Corbyn lol"

Doesn't say a lot for those who vote for both of the does it..

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

Says Boris..

Why do so many people get their panties in such a bunch over government spending and borrowing?

It really boils my fucking piss because it shows an utterly naive understanding of the economy.

Think of the last time an economic downturn / recession / whatever was caused by excessive government spending or government debt.

You can't because there isn't a single instance of that happening in at least the last 45 years.

Apart from the recession that Margaret Thatcher kicked off at the beginning of her term in 1979 by starving the public sector and the nationalised industries of subsidies (not saying that's a bad thing - it's merely a fact)

Every single recession since then has been caused by an over expansion of PRIVATE debt - not public debt.

High levels of public debt are caused BY recessions - not the cause OF recessions.

OK - rant over - I feel better now

here

Talking of trains ... good news!

Siemens plans for £200m Goole train factory and 700 jobs have been approved.

"Talking of trains ... good news!

Siemens plans for £200m Goole train factory and 700 jobs have been approved.

"

Nice

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"He is full of crap. If he were to win an early Election the things he has promised will be scrapped."

Yep. This. He's a lying gobshite. Trust his word at your peril.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He's just blister, which seems to be enough for some people who don't think very deeply. Perhaps a lot like him!

There are few to zero things stopping us from doing many of these things - his votes and his party until now has helped to ensure we're in the present position and mess.

He likes to redirect blame onto anyone but himself - he takes no responsibility and funnily enough has achieved very little. He's spent £billions achieving nothing.

Expect lots of talk about what is coming. And little detail. And probably even less action

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Says Boris..

Same place it comes from to give higher earners tax cuts, whilst others starve and there's next to no social care services

The right infrastructure is important investment, potentially preventing further decline. Essential basic necessities for a humane society are what he's not interested in. But he'll happily spend billions, helping a few, whilst smoke and mirrors deflects attention from his abysmal sinking of the UK to a fetid swamp, that others will drain.

The way Boris was setting his stall out sounded as if he'd just beaten and taking power from Labour and was now going to fix everything broken by the outgoing Labour government.

Last I looked it was Conservative governments that has presided over the last 9 years of rot.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Burnham's response to him "I'll be watching him closely" .. wellllll fuck Andy! (muppet)

here

"The way Boris was setting his stall out sounded as if he'd just beaten and taking power from Labour and was now going to fix everything broken by the outgoing Labour government.

Last I looked it was Conservative governments that has presided over the last 9 years of rot. "

If only Gove hadn’t stabbed Boris in the back 3 years ago...

upton wirral

"He is full of crap. If he were to win an early Election the things he has promised will be scrapped.

Yep. This. He's a lying gobshite. Trust his word at your peril. "

You are very cynical and if he did get re elected and kept all his promises you would still find fault,try to be objective

upton wirral

"He's just blister, which seems to be enough for some people who don't think very deeply. Perhaps a lot like him!

There are few to zero things stopping us from doing many of these things - his votes and his party until now has helped to ensure we're in the present position and mess.

He likes to redirect blame onto anyone but himself - he takes no responsibility and funnily enough has achieved very little. He's spent £billions achieving nothing.

Expect lots of talk about what is coming. And little detail. And probably even less action "

The people of London would not agree with you

Have to agree with all the doom mongers on here. Boris, you sir, are a twat. Wanting to invest in infrastructure and help business. Only a moron would think that was a bad idea.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"

He’s Bribing the British Public! But people have been so dehumanised by austerity they are happy to take the tory scraps they throw, they are cheating everyone, and when all the people vote for another 5 more years they will see how really bad it will get.

THE STICKS

"Have to agree with all the doom mongers on here. Boris, you sir, are a twat. Wanting to invest in infrastructure and help business. Only a moron would think that was a bad idea."

Agreed - also I thought it was a great idea when it appeared in the Labour Party manifesto 3 years ago.

And I also thought that the fact that their leader came across as a bit of a twat was totally irrelevant because what was really important were the policies.

Good to see us finding common ground.

near ipswich

some people do not get irony

here

He’s Bribing the British Public! But people have been so dehumanised by austerity they are happy to take the tory scraps they throw, they are cheating everyone, and when all the people vote for another 5 more years they will see how really bad it will get."

Don’t get stuck on the hamster wheel of doom, join the high speed train to the new golden age of can do

Gloucestershire

He’s Bribing the British Public! But people have been so dehumanised by austerity they are happy to take the tory scraps they throw, they are cheating everyone, and when all the people vote for another 5 more years they will see how really bad it will get.

Don’t get stuck on the hamster wheel of doom, join the high speed train to the new golden age of can do

"

Guess you like scraps then, good doggie!

here

Guess you like scraps then, good doggie! "

Talking of dogs... you hear No.10 are talking about getting a dog

Another fantastic idea

Gloucestershire

Another fantastic idea "

It is , see you on the front door!

here

Another fantastic idea

It is , see you on the front door! "

That’s the spirit, nice and positive

THE STICKS

"some people do not get irony "

I know right?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Johnson says there are EU regulations he wants to get rid of.

Today's Independent has dug up the regulations detested by David Frost, the person appointed by Johnson to succeed Olly Robbins as the go-between with Brussels.

"Heavy labour market regulation"

aka worker rights.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

compleatly agree with you.billions gona be spent to make a train an hour faster and you know full well it gona be massively behind schedule and massively over budget.probably end up being an even bigger fuck up than crossrail has become.spised to open last year sometime now being tild it mite open nxt year sometime

» Add a new message to this topic