FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Office for Veteran Affairs

Office for Veteran Affairs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

This government announces for the first time a dedicated office department for veteran affairs.

Jonny Mercer appointed minister for the new department.

Good news

4 years to get here but finally “Can do”

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

What's he going to do?

here

Clue is in the title...

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Probably another fuck up. They actually intended an Office For Vetinarian Affairs. Chiefly tasked with walking the new Downing Street dog...

here

"Probably another fuck up. They actually intended an Office For Vetinarian Affairs. Chiefly tasked with walking the new Downing Street dog..."

This new office really is a big positive ... really!

Bristol East

"Clue is in the title...

"

Ok. What's the job description? How big is the budget? What's he going to do?

here

"Clue is in the title...

Ok. What's the job description? How big is the budget? What's he going to do?"

Google is your friend ...

Stockport

"Clue is in the title...

Ok. What's the job description? How big is the budget? What's he going to do?"

Walk the dog...

here

"Clue is in the title...

Walk the dog..."

Negating the importance of representing and supporting the veterans of our armed forces ... why do that ? Really!

Bristol East

"Clue is in the title...

Google is your friend ..."

Sorry, I thought you might have known the substance behind your own post. My mistake.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's a good idea and long overdue in my opinion, too many ex service personnel have been let down for decades by all governments..

If it works closely with and listens to the recognised experienced charities associated with the services and is properly funded it will benefit not only those who need it but society in general..

Will keep an eye on it..

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"This government announces for the first time a dedicated office department for veteran affairs.

Good news

"

Mercer was the obvious choice given his track record of making profit outta ex forces personal

Stockport

"Clue is in the title...

Walk the dog...

Negating the importance of representing and supporting the veterans of our armed forces ... why do that ? Really! "

I think that representing and supporting our veterans is incredibly important, and it's a national disgrace that all parties in power for most of the last century have treated ex-forces like shit.

I just don't believe that this set of lying bastards that have got into power now give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves, their cronies and their financial backers. Every single thing they are doing is just posturing to the crowd, making promises they don't have the slightest intention of even attempting to meet.

If this was labour making these promises, the first thing that all the media would be saying is "where's the money coming from". But because it's this lying toerag the message is "oh boris is a hero, look how much he cares about our veterans, boris will save the universe". It makes me physically sick that the cunts can use our veterans in this way.

here

"Clue is in the title...

Google is your friend ...

Sorry, I thought you might have known the substance behind your own post. My mistake."

I do know the substance, but self learning is far better as it encourages you to be more engaged with the subject, which enhances the ability to remember it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They've found the bloody money tree!!

Stay positive there's enough money for everyone and free ice cream..

Sounds suspiciously lefty ...

here

"Clue is in the title...

Walk the dog...

Negating the importance of representing and supporting the veterans of our armed forces ... why do that ? Really!

I think that representing and supporting our veterans is incredibly important, and it's a national disgrace that all parties in power for most of the last century have treated ex-forces like shit.

I just don't believe that this set of lying bastards that have got into power now give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves, their cronies and their financial backers. Every single thing they are doing is just posturing to the crowd, making promises they don't have the slightest intention of even attempting to meet.

If this was labour making these promises, the first thing that all the media would be saying is "where's the money coming from". But because it's this lying toerag the message is "oh boris is a hero, look how much he cares about our veterans, boris will save the universe". It makes me physically sick that the cunts can use our veterans in this way."

Yes it is important .

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Another job for one of the 'boys'...

Just to be clear the MOD used to run all Armed Forces related issues, the idea that somehow those who had served were let down because there was not a Ministry to deal with them is crap! They have been let down because the government of the day made a choice to CUT their MOD funding to save money! Employing a new Minister and setting up a new department will not address the problem of funding, it will only create more bureaucracy which will add to administrate costs!... Hold on, are they going to outsource administration? If so I suddenly understand this move. If this turns out to be the case it is more of the same from the Tories, a scheme that cuts benefits to those that need them and pumps money into the pockets of some private company like Atos!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This government announces for the first time a dedicated office department for veteran affairs.

Good news

"

That is good news.

For far too long veterans have been left to public charities and a coordination through Government should be a positive

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

It is good news. Unfortunate that it's necessary.

Also, I can't help feeling he'll wind up frustrated when he realises it's window dressing. UK governments of every stripe have been ignoring the needs of non-commissioned veterans for over 100 years.

That's not going to change in an economy that's about to shrink.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Sounds a brilliant idea , long overdue and extremely sad that it is necessary

Stockport

Does anyone seriously believe that this shower of shit government are actually going to spend even one penny for the benefit of veterans? It's just another grab for votes, any money that is actually provided will get handed over to some private agency run by their mates. The one thing you can guarantee is that nothing will go to the vets that actually need it.

I cannot express how angry i am at the levels that these fuckers have sunk to, lying and lying and lying.

here

"Does anyone seriously believe that this shower of shit government are actually going to spend even one penny for the benefit of veterans? It's just another grab for votes, any money that is actually provided will get handed over to some private agency run by their mates. The one thing you can guarantee is that nothing will go to the vets that actually need it.

I cannot express how angry i am at the levels that these fuckers have sunk to, lying and lying and lying."

I believe they will

This is a good announcement which I am certain they will work hard to provide what they have said they will.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Does anyone seriously believe that this shower of shit government are actually going to spend even one penny for the benefit of veterans? It's just another grab for votes, any money that is actually provided will get handed over to some private agency run by their mates. The one thing you can guarantee is that nothing will go to the vets that actually need it.

I cannot express how angry i am at the levels that these fuckers have sunk to, lying and lying and lying.

I believe they will

This is a good announcement which I am certain they will work hard to provide what they have said they will.

"

. It is a brilliant announcement and I really wish I could join you in your optimism , I really hope what you wish for and what has been promised comes to fruition but I fear it will prove to be empty rhetoric ,, I hope I am wrong !!!!

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Another job for one of the 'boys'...

Just to be clear the MOD used to run all Armed Forces related issues, the idea that somehow those who had served were let down because there was not a Ministry to deal with them is crap! They have been let down because the government of the day made a choice to CUT their MOD funding to save money! Employing a new Minister and setting up a new department will not address the problem of funding, it will only create more bureaucracy which will add to administrate costs!... Hold on, are they going to outsource administration? If so I suddenly understand this move. If this turns out to be the case it is more of the same from the Tories, a scheme that cuts benefits to those that need them and pumps money into the pockets of some private company like Atos!"

I think you're being perhaps a little too over cynical but on the general gist of what you're saying I think I agree. Do we really need a new minister and ministry to do a job the Ministry Of Defensive used to do and could do again now if adequately funded, and probably with lower overheads.

» Add a new message to this topic