FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The Conservative Party Today - 11th September 2019

The Conservative Party Today - 11th September 2019

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Andrea Leadsom has just put as all straight in an interview this morning...

There is no intention of releasing the Yellowhammer documents because the public should not be worried about the consequences of a "no-deal" Brexit. THe Conservatives have it all under control and it will perfectly managed. She also confirmed immigration is now popular across the country despite it being the primary fear factor in most Leave-voting minds.

In other news, it looks like the Conservatives are about to sell out the DUP and enter an election pact with the Brexit party Ltd as a means of achieving up to 90 "friendly" MP's

SNAFU

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

How terribly mumsy of her:

"I actually do not think that it serves people well to see what is the absolutely worst thing that could happen."

By *shrop_cpleCouple  over a year ago

Ceredigion

And deputy Labour leader Watson has announced that there should be a 2nd referendum even if we hold a general election! Belt and braces indeed! Vote once- wrong answer, vote again - wrong answer, vote again - this time (he says) with a viable 'leave option' on the ballot. How many leave options should there be on the ballot - as many as possible so that the vote is split and the solitary 'remain' option wins!

What a cynical ploy against our democracy and people.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Nothing to see here - move along, children"

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

With all this Brexit shenanigans going on I’m reminded of the saying,

“In a democracy the people get the government they deserve”

Also a little boy asking his dad “Do all fairy tales start with once upon a time ??”, his dad replies no son, quite a few these days start “When I’m elected I promise.....”

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Blah blah blah blah all irrevilent.The remoaners have been nasty and underhand for three years determined to stop Brexit.Well Boris has fought as dirty as you lot,you do not like it but we leave October 31st.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Blah blah blah blah all irrevilent.The remoaners have been nasty and underhand for three years determined to stop Brexit.Well Boris has fought as dirty as you lot,you do not like it but we leave October 31st."

Maybe, the cynic in me says it is all a game, and we really don't know what will happen when.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Blah blah blah blah all irrevilent.The remoaners have been nasty and underhand for three years determined to stop Brexit.Well Boris has fought as dirty as you lot,you do not like it but we leave October 31st.

Maybe, the cynic in me says it is all a game, and we really don't know what will happen when."

But we do know that we won't be leaving on the 31st October without a deal and probably won't be leaving on the 31st or ever at all. We also know that there is going to be a general election before Christmas and probably mid November. In addition we can be pretty certain that both the Labour Party and the Conservative Party, while still remaining the two largest parties, will both loose seats, the LibDems and SNP will both gain seats and the BREXIT Party may actually get a seat and possibly up to 25.

The only thing we don't know is when those political leaders who are trying to ride the politically populist BREXIT wave are going to stop but I reckon most will very shortly after the next general election election.

"With all this Brexit shenanigans going on I’m reminded of the saying,

“In a democracy the people get the government they deserve”

Also a little boy asking his dad “Do all fairy tales start with once upon a time ??”, his dad replies no son, quite a few these days start “When I’m elected I promise.....”

"

Funny xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Perhaps Brexit will have indirectly helped a small number of people improve their understandings of democracy, honesty and the sovereignty of parliament. It would be exceptional if it improved political honesty, willingness to compromise as well as to integrate what we've learned from these successive messes, so that they wouldn't happen again. It's still clear that the population has no consensus on what even the referendum meant.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"Blah blah blah blah all irrevilent.The remoaners have been nasty and underhand for three years determined to stop Brexit.Well Boris has fought as dirty as you lot,you do not like it but we leave October 31st.

Maybe, the cynic in me says it is all a game, and we really don't know what will happen when.

But we do know that we won't be leaving on the 31st October without a deal and probably won't be leaving on the 31st or ever at all. We also know that there is going to be a general election before Christmas and probably mid November. In addition we can be pretty certain that both the Labour Party and the Conservative Party, while still remaining the two largest parties, will both loose seats, the LibDems and SNP will both gain seats and the BREXIT Party may actually get a seat and possibly up to 25.

The only thing we don't know is when those political leaders who are trying to ride the politically populist BREXIT wave are going to stop but I reckon most will very shortly after the next general election election.

"

I would think it's near mpossible for mid-November. Parliament has to dissolve 25 days before a GE, and Labour have already said they will not vote for a GE until after 31st October.

Maybe first week in December, although then we're getting too close to when they all break up for Christmas. So may not be until Jan, which is then in the way of the extension to 31st Jan....

I'm surprised many are not declaring that Boris alone should just choose who the next Government should be

"And deputy Labour leader Watson has announced that there should be a 2nd referendum even if we hold a general election! Belt and braces indeed! Vote once- wrong answer, vote again - wrong answer, vote again - this time (he says) with a viable 'leave option' on the ballot. How many leave options should there be on the ballot - as many as possible so that the vote is split and the solitary 'remain' option wins!

What a cynical ploy against our democracy and people."

Stop moaning, get over it

» Add a new message to this topic