FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Hypocrisy at it's highest?

Hypocrisy at it's highest?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nigel Farage calls on Boris Johnson to apologise for “misleading the nation”

Farage is convinced that we won’t be exiting the EU this week, as Johnson has previously promised. Speaking on his LBC show, he said:

We’re not leaving, folks. People will wake up on 1st November and we will still be members of the European Union.”

#############################

That's come up in my news feeds...

I did laugh, In amazement, for a serial lier such as Farage to even utter such hypocrisy

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Hypocrisy brought to the level of a superpower. They're both capable of it.

That said, it's fuck all compared to their powers of denial.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Farage has been asking for a delay to Brexit anyway so what’s to apologise for.He can apologise November 1st from not being found dead in a ditch because of his do or die rhetoric.

The EU have now agreed to a delay until the 31st January.So Nigel should be very happy Boris not so much..

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

What's that saying about three strikes and you are out?

March 29

April 12

October 31

Except we're still in

Tories out, please

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

farrage can say whatever he wants to say he aint the p.m. boris on the other hand is so has to watch what he says.wether you like it or not as far as farage goes he is free to say whatever he likes pretty much the same as any other person in the u.k.if he ever becomes an m.p then he will have to be a lot more carefull of what he says until then just like you me or anyone else he aint answerable to anyone

I do hope Farage never get anywhere near to number 10

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"I do hope Farage never get anywhere near to number 10 "

of course he wont ever be in number 10 and be honest i dont tink he has any wish to be in number 10

"Nigel Farage calls on Boris Johnson to apologise for “misleading the nation”

Farage is convinced that we won’t be exiting the EU this week, as Johnson has previously promised. Speaking on his LBC show, he said:

We’re not leaving, folks. People will wake up on 1st November and we will still be members of the European Union.”

I did laugh, In amazement, for a serial lier such as Farage to even utter such hypocrisy "

"Farage is hypocrite" is hardly news.

As long as he demonises foreigners, the EU, people with HIV etc. Morons will still follow him no matter how many million times he gets shown up for being full of shit.

"What's that saying about three strikes and you are out?

March 29

April 12

October 31

Except we're still in

Tories out, please"

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I did laugh, In amazement, for a serial lier such as Farage to even utter such hypocrisy

As long as he demonises foreigners, the EU, people with HIV etc. Morons will still follow him no matter how many million times he gets shown up for being full of shit."

I've never heard him demonise anyone except the EU, and I agree with him there.

As long as he demonises foreigners, the EU, people with HIV etc. Morons will still follow him no matter how many million times he gets shown up for being full of shit.

I've never heard him demonise anyone except the EU, and I agree with him there."

Did you not see his ‘breaking point ‘ poster ?

Bristol East

Or, when he arrived late for a rally in south Wales, complain that it was the fault of migrants clogging up the roads.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Both show narcissistic characteristics and so dislike the other due to their need to control, for self gratification. They also have had external backing, with seriously rich people associated with them, so aren't just there for self-gain financially.

The ordinary person is a tool for use by them and there's no limit to the hypocrisy they will show whilst you are being used.

...Up on the Downs

Did you not see his ‘breaking point ‘ poster ? "

What about it? The infrastructure, NHS and housing system of this country is overwhelmed, that's just a fact.

Bristol East

Migrants didn't give away the stock of public housing for a fraction of its true worth. That's the Conservative Party you are thinking of.

I've never heard him demonise anyone except the EU, and I agree with him there."

But you do realise the vast majority of what Farage demonised the EU with was frankly lies, bullshit or half twisted truths at best.

...Up on the Downs

"Migrants didn't give away the stock of public housing for a fraction of its true worth. That's the Conservative Party you are thinking of.

"

Regardless of your blame game - we are where we are. At breaking point, I would agree.

...Up on the Downs

But you do realise the vast majority of what Farage demonised the EU with was frankly lies, bullshit or half twisted truths at best. "

Nope, not been my experience, I find him extremely accurate whenever I have checked.

What about it? The infrastructure, NHS and housing system of this country is overwhelmed, that's just a fact.

"

Are our services overwhelmed by EU citizens being here or is it the majority of immigration citizens that come here from outside the EU that cause the problems?

But you do realise the vast majority of what Farage demonised the EU with was frankly lies, bullshit or half twisted truths at best.

Nope, not been my experience, I find him extremely accurate whenever I have checked."

Now that is an interesting point.

Everytime I've fact checked Farage on contentious issues which isn't always a quick job doing so, I've always found him extremely lacking in truth at best.

"

Is it? Why did the poster show a line of non eu migrants??

Our Nige said he would be concerned if Romanians moved in next door.and recently said people speaking a foreign language on London transport makes him “uncomfortable “ in a city where hundreds of languages are spoken.The same year, he said the “basic principle” of Enoch Powell’s infamous anti-immigration “Rivers of Blood” speech was correct.

...Up on the Downs

Are our services overwhelmed by EU citizens being here or is it the majority of immigration citizens that come here from outside the EU that cause the problems? "

Well 'overwhlemed' includes everyone, wherever they were born. I suppose we could bring in a single child law like China, but not sure that would go down too well with UK Citizens, so we at least have to stop any uncontrolled or illegal inflow until the infrastructure has had a chance to catch up, that's perfectly logical. People should not have to live on the street in Northern Europe.

Are our services overwhelmed by EU citizens being here or is it the majority of immigration citizens that come here from outside the EU that cause the problems?

Well 'overwhlemed' includes everyone, wherever they were born. I suppose we could bring in a single child law like China, but not sure that would go down too well with UK Citizens, so we at least have to stop any uncontrolled or illegal inflow until the infrastructure has had a chance to catch up, that's perfectly logical. People should not have to live on the street in Northern Europe."

Are you being serious? How will leaving them EU solve this perceived ‘problem’ ??

...Up on the Downs

Is it? Why did the poster show a line of non eu migrants?? "

Probably because the EU had a mass migration problem at the time, or maybe even because some art director cocked up. Most illegal migrants come to us via Europe don't they, are the camps at Calais full of Frenchmen?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you are going to mention the NHS... then you ought to know that about 1/8th of all people working for it come from EU countries...

you are more likely to be treated by someone from the EU than be in a hospital bed next to someone from the EU!

Bristol East

"

Is it? Why did the poster show a line of non eu migrants?? "

All part of that xenophobic trope about 70 million Turks getting ready to move to the UK, followed by the entire population of Syria and Iraq.

Some people obviously fell for it.

...Up on the Downs

Well 'overwhlemed' includes everyone, wherever they were born. I suppose we could bring in a single child law like China, but not sure that would go down too well with UK Citizens, so we at least have to stop any uncontrolled or illegal inflow until the infrastructure has had a chance to catch up, that's perfectly logical. People should not have to live on the street in Northern Europe.

Are you being serious? How will leaving them EU solve this perceived ‘problem’ ??"

Never said it would, but I do believe open borders make illegal immigration far more likely.

...Up on the Downs

"if you are going to mention the NHS... then you ought to know that about 1/8th of all people working for it come from EU countries...

you are more likely to be treated by someone from the EU than be in a hospital bed next to someone from the EU!

"

Sure, I don't think anyone has a problem with that. I do have a problem with people who are NOT entitled to free care coming here just to get it when the service is at breaking point.

...Up on the Downs

"Our Nige said he would be concerned if Romanians moved in next door.and recently said people speaking a foreign language on London transport makes him “uncomfortable “ in a city where hundreds of languages are spoken.The same year, he said the “basic principle” of Enoch Powell’s infamous anti-immigration “Rivers of Blood” speech was correct.

"

Well, I'm too scared to go to many parts of London, and there are a lot of Romanian criminal gangs operating here for sure, lots of people smuggling going on and modern day slave trading, it's awful. It's not about race, it's about culture. We have signs in Westminster now warning people not to shit in the street. Westminster!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Probably because the EU had a mass migration problem at the time, or maybe even because some art director cocked up. Most illegal migrants come to us via Europe don't they, are the camps at Calais full of Frenchmen? "

why do you think that syrian refugees were trying to get to britian (they were actually trying to get to germany for a very specific reason!) just interested as to if you know why that would have been the case?

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"if you are going to mention the NHS... then you ought to know that about 1/8th of all people working for it come from EU countries...

Sure, I don't think anyone has a problem with that. I do have a problem with people who are NOT entitled to free care coming here just to get it when the service is at breaking point."

NHS health tourism is a xenophopic myth.

From the BMJ

Results from a pilot scheme designed to clamp down on “health tourism” were reported by the London Evening Standard last month.1 As part of the scheme, which ran in 18 hospitals (11 in Greater London) over two months in autumn 2017, patients were required to show two forms of ID to prove that they were eligible for free NHS treatment. Checks carried out on 8894 patients found only 50 who were not eligible for free NHS treatment.

Overseas visitors are already eligible for free emergency care, and we have reciprocal arrangements with other EU countries for reimbursing healthcare costs, although the Public Accounts Committee did criticise the NHS in 2017 for a “chaotic approach” to chasing reimbursement from EU countries.2

One quoted example in the Standard, from Barts Hospital, illustrates the relatively small scale of the problem. Of 2752 renal outpatients only two were ineligible, and they were charged a total of £2500. St George’s Hospital checked 1660 maternity unit patients and found only 18 ineligible, with a total chargeable amount of £45?000. Equally small proportions of ineligible maternity patients were found at Newham General and Redbridge Hospitals.

Checks carried out on 8894 patients found only 50 who were not eligible for free NHS treatment

Sadly, our national conversation is often led by emotive and distorted reporting. How did the Daily Mail report St George’s maternity unit issues? “Crackdown on health tourist women who fly to the UK to give birth ‘on the NHS’ is WORKING despite fury of doctors’ union [the BMA].”3

The Daily Telegraph stated in 2017 that health tourism was costing the NHS £2bn a year4 and said in 2016 that “NHS hit squads” would collect the cash.5

The independent Full Fact site estimates that the cost of deliberate health tourism to the NHS is only around £300m a year.6 Such use—by people ineligible for free treatment who visit the UK to receive it—accounts for around 0.3% of the total NHS budget.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Sure, I don't think anyone has a problem with that. I do have a problem with people who are NOT entitled to free care coming here just to get it when the service is at breaking point."

do you know how much EU citizens currently cost the NHS in medical costs....... just curious if you actually are aware...

If you reduce the legal routes for Immigrants youll increase the illegal numbers.

Brexit will lead to an increase in illegal migration and a reduction in legal migration.

It’s the Brexit paradox and it’s counterintuitive.

On a positive the uk will become more diverse because of Brexit .

"Our Nige said he would be concerned if Romanians moved in next door.and recently said people speaking a foreign language on London transport makes him “uncomfortable “ in a city where hundreds of languages are spoken.The same year, he said the “basic principle” of Enoch Powell’s infamous anti-immigration “Rivers of Blood” speech was correct.

Well, I'm too scared to go to many parts of London, and there are a lot of Romanian criminal gangs operating here for sure, lots of people smuggling going on and modern day slave trading, it's awful. It's not about race, it's about culture. We have signs in Westminster now warning people not to shit in the street. Westminster!"

Is it only immigrants that shit in the street?

...Up on the Downs

"

Probably because the EU had a mass migration problem at the time, or maybe even because some art director cocked up. Most illegal migrants come to us via Europe don't they, are the camps at Calais full of Frenchmen?

why do you think that syrian refugees were trying to get to britian (they were actually trying to get to germany for a very specific reason!) just interested as to if you know why that would have been the case?"

There are a myriad of reasons I am sure, but the fact remains we cannot take them all.

Are you being serious? How will leaving them EU solve this perceived ‘problem’ ??

Never said it would, but I do believe open borders make illegal immigration far more likely."

You couldn’t be more wrong, it will actually increase ‘illegal’ immigration

...Up on the Downs

Well, I'm too scared to go to many parts of London, and there are a lot of Romanian criminal gangs operating here for sure, lots of people smuggling going on and modern day slave trading, it's awful. It's not about race, it's about culture. We have signs in Westminster now warning people not to shit in the street. Westminster!

Is it only immigrants that shit in the street?"

I have no idea - I never heard of anyone born in this country doing it, have you?

...Up on the Downs

Never said it would, but I do believe open borders make illegal immigration far more likely.

You couldn’t be more wrong, it will actually increase ‘illegal’ immigration "

I disagree, as do many others.

...Up on the Downs

Sure, I don't think anyone has a problem with that. I do have a problem with people who are NOT entitled to free care coming here just to get it when the service is at breaking point.

do you know how much EU citizens currently cost the NHS in medical costs....... just curious if you actually are aware..."

I am not talking about EU citizens.

I have no idea - I never heard of anyone born in this country doing it, have you?"

I have never heard of an immigrant doing it? We’re the ‘no shitting ‘ signs written in English?

I disagree, as do many others."

Then you and the misinformed ‘others’ are wrong

...Up on the Downs

"

The independent Full Fact site estimates that the cost of deliberate health tourism to the NHS is only around £300m a year.6 Such use—by people ineligible for free treatment who visit the UK to receive it—accounts for around 0.3% of the total NHS budget.

"

Whatever the figure, it needs to be stopped.

...Up on the Downs

Then you and the misinformed ‘others’ are wrong "

I disagree.

"

Whatever the figure, it needs to be stopped."

By leaving the EU?

Then you and the misinformed ‘others’ are wrong

I disagree."

Of course you do

...Up on the Downs

"

I have never heard of an immigrant doing it? We’re the ‘no shitting ‘ signs written in English? "

I would imagine so, this is England.

...Up on the Downs

"

By leaving the EU? "

I never said that - you're just trying to flog your own dead horse.

"

I have never heard of an immigrant doing it? We’re the ‘no shitting ‘ signs written in English?

I would imagine so, this is England."

Exactly, I imagine they were written to stop English people shitting in the street , I doubt these pesky immigrants can read English

"

By leaving the EU?

I never said that - you're just trying to flog your own dead horse."

So, how do we stop all these pesky immigrants from shitting in the street and taking up all ‘our’ NHS beds?

...Up on the Downs

"If you reduce the legal routes for Immigrants youll increase the illegal numbers.

"

I'm not talking about reducing the legal routes, I'm talking about controlling the illegal ones. Different question.

Derry

"

By leaving the EU?

I never said that - you're just trying to flog your own dead horse."

I do have a problem with people who are NOT entitled to free care coming here just to get it when the service is at breaking point.

Those are your words, frisky. Health tourism accounts for 0.3% of the nhs budget. Will stopping health tourism save the NHS from breaking point?

...Up on the Downs

"

I doubt these pesky immigrants can read English "

Maybe that's why they are shitting in the street.

"

I doubt these pesky immigrants can read English

Maybe that's why they are shitting in the street."

I doubt it, maybe you just made the story up? Or you spend to much time in shit infested areas?

...Up on the Downs

"

By leaving the EU?

I do have a problem with people who are NOT entitled to free care coming here just to get it when the service is at breaking point.

Those are your words, frisky. Health tourism accounts for 0.3% of the nhs budget. Will stopping health tourism save the NHS from breaking point?"

If your figures are correct, it will save 300 million. I'm simply saying that needs to be saved, EVERY form of waste needs to be addressed.

"

By leaving the EU?

Those are your words, frisky. Health tourism accounts for 0.3% of the nhs budget. Will stopping health tourism save the NHS from breaking point?

If your figures are correct, it will save 300 million. I'm simply saying that needs to be saved, EVERY form of waste needs to be addressed."

How do we do that?

...Up on the Downs

"

I doubt it, maybe you just made the story up? Or you spend to much time in shit infested areas? "

Like Westminster? I go less and less. There are videos if you doubt it, and I doubt the council would waste their money on signs if it is not happening on a regular basis. You are obviously shocked and in disbelief - I was too, it is disgusting.

Bristol East

"

I'm not talking about reducing the legal routes, I'm talking about controlling the illegal ones. Different question."

How do you plan to patrol a coastline 20,000 miles in length?

You'll need a lot of migrant workers to do that.

"

I doubt it, maybe you just made the story up? Or you spend to much time in shit infested areas?

Like Westminster? I go less and less. There are videos if you doubt it, and I doubt the council would waste their money on signs if it is not happening on a regular basis. You are obviously shocked and in disbelief - I was too, it is disgusting."

Yes, Westminster , last time I went it was full of British beggars , maybe they are the phantom shitters .

Derry

"

By leaving the EU?

If your figures are correct, it will save 300 million. I'm simply saying that needs to be saved, EVERY form of waste needs to be addressed."

According to the Department of Health some of the biggest culprits are British expats who live abroad but come back and use their old GP when they no longer live in the UK. Would be in favour of British expats being charged?

My figures are from the BMJ

Newcastle and Gateshead

do you know how much EU citizens currently cost the NHS in medical costs....... just curious if you actually are aware...

I am not talking about EU citizens."

so why on earth are you bringing illegal immigration into a discussion which is specifically about farages opinions about the EU.........

...Up on the Downs

"

By leaving the EU?

Those are your words, frisky. Health tourism accounts for 0.3% of the nhs budget. Will stopping health tourism save the NHS from breaking point?"

Actually there's another 1.8 billion on treating people who do not have any right to free treatment, but didn't ask for treatment on purpose.

2 billion is a fairly significant sum IMO.

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 28/10/19 18:41:29]

...Up on the Downs

I am not talking about EU citizens.

so why on earth are you bringing illegal immigration into a discussion which is specifically about farages opinions about the EU........."

Because someone asked my opinion on it.

Derry

"

By leaving the EU?

Actually there's another 1.8 billion on treating people who do not have any right to free treatment, but didn't ask for treatment on purpose.

2 billion is a fairly significant sum IMO."

can you give a source for that? And are you in favour of charging British Expats?

Glasgow

"

And that’s the fault of all those black Eastern Europeans coming here is it?

I thought Easter European migrants tended to be predominantly young, presumably quite fit, males. Arguably the demographic least likely to be adding additional stress to the health services.

Compared with, I dunno, this is just off the top of my head as I’m not an expert, a combination of an ever increasing elderly indigenous population and years of government cutbacks?

Glasgow

Nope, not been my experience, I find him extremely accurate whenever I have checked."

What would you say are the five worst things the EU have forced upon us? (Ignoring for a moment the fact that successive governments have voted for around 98% of EU regulations.)

...Up on the Downs

"

By leaving the EU?

can you give a source for that? And are you in favour of charging British Expats?

"

A website called fullfacts, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to that site. There is also some dispute about the 300 million figure, some estimate it to be much higher. Who knows what the right figure is - but regardless it should be charged IMO, tourists should have medical insurance.

I thought Easter European migrants tended to be predominantly young, presumably quite fit, males. Arguably the demographic least likely to be adding additional stress to the health services.

Compared with, I dunno, this is just off the top of my head as I’m not an expert, a combination of an ever increasing elderly indigenous population and years of government cutbacks?"

Exactly, the worst ‘drain’ on the NHS are usually elderly British people over the age of 60 who haven’t looked after themselves properly

"

By leaving the EU?

A website called fullfacts, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to that site. There is also some dispute about the 300 million figure, some estimate it to be much higher. Who knows what the right figure is - but regardless it should be charged IMO, tourists should have medical insurance."

Tourists?in your opinion What is the difference between an immigrant ant and a tourist

Derry

"

By leaving the EU?

A website called fullfacts, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to that site. There is also some dispute about the 300 million figure, some estimate it to be much higher. Who knows what the right figure is - but regardless it should be charged IMO, tourists should have medical insurance."

You're talking about people that didn't purposefully travel to the UK to use the NHS but people that ended using it when they were here, Like a tourist that broke their arm

Glasgow

Well 'overwhlemed' includes everyone, wherever they were born. I suppose we could bring in a single child law like China, but not sure that would go down too well with UK Citizens, so we at least have to stop any uncontrolled or illegal inflow until the infrastructure has had a chance to catch up, that's perfectly logical. People should not have to live on the street in Northern Europe."

So now the homeless problem is because of immigrants too? The only reason people are homeless is because there aren’t any houses because of all the immigrants? And if it wasn’t for that, all the homeless people would be living in nice houses?

Glasgow

"

By leaving the EU?

A website called fullfacts, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to that site. There is also some dispute about the 300 million figure, some estimate it to be much higher. Who knows what the right figure is - but regardless it should be charged IMO, tourists should have medical insurance.

You're talking about people that didn't purposefully travel to the UK to use the NHS but people that ended using it when they were here, Like a tourist that broke their arm"

Presumably any figure regarding the cost to the NHS would need to be countered by the saving involved with U.K. citizens receiving treatment for things like broken arms when they are in an EU country?

I’m assuming that it’s a two way arrangement, and just general benefit to citizens of all EU coubtries though.

...Up on the Downs

"

Exactly, the worst ‘drain’ on the NHS are usually elderly British people over the age of 60 who haven’t looked after themselves properly "

But they ARE entitled - you young bucks will just have to pay a bit more tax.

...Up on the Downs

"

Tourists?in your opinion What is the difference between an immigrant ant and a tourist "

Use a dictionary if you don't understand.

Derry

"

By leaving the EU?

You're talking about people that didn't purposefully travel to the UK to use the NHS but people that ended using it when they were here, Like a tourist that broke their arm

Presumably any figure regarding the cost to the NHS would need to be countered by the saving involved with U.K. citizens receiving treatment for things like broken arms when they are in an EU country?

I’m assuming that it’s a two way arrangement, and just general benefit to citizens of all EU coubtries though."

Certainly is. Its not an straightforward thing to make sense of. I'm trying to read the Department of Health own figures. What is clear is that deliberate NHS health tourism is negligible in terms of the overall budget. DoH estimates this is between 100-300 million a year from a NHS budget of 133 billion. So at most. 0.3% of the budget

Most migrants to the UK are young and come to work or study, most Britons that move abroad are older. Older people make more use of medical services. The NHS is also 'chaotic' when it comes to recovering costs from non intentional users (tourists with broken arms).

One of the countries with the cross flows of pensions and healthcare costs is Ireland. This agreement is called the common travel arrangement and dates from 1948 (i think) Its much older that EU membership.

...Up on the Downs

"

You're talking about people that didn't purposefully travel to the UK to use the NHS but people that ended using it when they were here, Like a tourist that broke their arm"

They are a £2 billion cost to the NHS apparently. Surely their travel insurance should pay that?

...Up on the Downs

"

So now the homeless problem is because of immigrants too? The only reason people are homeless is because there aren’t any houses because of all the immigrants? And if it wasn’t for that, all the homeless people would be living in nice houses?"

No-one here said that. There are too many people and too few houses so we need more houses and less people. It ain't rocket science.

Glasgow

"

So now the homeless problem is because of immigrants too? The only reason people are homeless is because there aren’t any houses because of all the immigrants? And if it wasn’t for that, all the homeless people would be living in nice houses?

No-one here said that. There are too many people and too few houses so we need more houses and less people. It ain't rocket science."

So proportionally, how much is the fault of EU migration?

And how do you envisage homeless people affording houses were there to be more built?

We need to stop the private building firms from building private housing instead of social housing.

The local councils should be employing builders and not relying on big companies who only rip off everyone with inflated house prices

Glasgow

"

They are a £2 billion cost to the NHS apparently. Surely their travel insurance should pay that?"

How does it work when you break your arm in France? I’m not really sure, but thought there was some reciprocal benefit between EU members, so some cover provided as part of that, but it needing to be covered by insurance beyond a certain level perhaps?

...Up on the Downs

"

They are a £2 billion cost to the NHS apparently. Surely their travel insurance should pay that?

How does it work when you break your arm in France? I’m not really sure, but thought there was some reciprocal benefit between EU members, so some cover provided as part of that, but it needing to be covered by insurance beyond a certain level perhaps?"

I don't think those figures relate to EU citizens because of reciprocal arrangements. There was another figure relating to that disparity somewhere - how much we claim vs how much is claimed against us. But that was not what I was talking about, I was assuming that was quid pro quo, or rebalanced in EU budgets and rebates somewhere, I may be wrong.

Derry

"

How does it work when you break your arm in France? I’m not really sure, but thought there was some reciprocal benefit between EU members, so some cover provided as part of that, but it needing to be covered by insurance beyond a certain level perhaps?"

You have gone from 1.8 to 2 Billion, frisky. Even the site you're using says these numbers are estimates. The department of health report states

All of the estimates presented are subject to varying degrees of uncertainty, relating to the numbers of people and their behaviour. The estimates for the irregular migrants are very uncertain and based on out of date population estimates. The estimates for health tourism, as for any unlawful activity, are impossible to estimate with confidence and are a structured judgment. The estimates for chargeability are also uncertain because of the complexity of the rules. The estimates are presented as the best that can be made at present, recognising that they are based on incomplete data, sometimes of varying quality, and a large number of assumptions.The analysis is intended to inform policy development around visitor and migrant access to NHS, alongside the DH consultation and work with the NHS

"

Tourists?in your opinion What is the difference between an immigrant ant and a tourist

Use a dictionary if you don't understand."

Dictionary ? This is 2019 , dear

"

Exactly, the worst ‘drain’ on the NHS are usually elderly British people over the age of 60 who haven’t looked after themselves properly

But they ARE entitled - you young bucks will just have to pay a bit more tax."

Why are THEY entitled, some of these over 60s haven’t paid tax all their lives ? It is ironic that the oldies who voted for Brexit won’t have anyone to look after them when all the migrant care workers have to leave .

...Up on the Downs

"

You have gone from 1.8 to 2 Billion, frisky. Even the site you're using says these numbers are estimates. The department of health report states

"

There were two lots of figures. 500 million deliberate health tourism, which some people estimate is actually nearer 2 billion.

And a separate cost of 1.8 billion for legitimate tourists costs to the NHS.

Apologies if I got two figures muddles, but I am actually not concerned with figures - I merely state that only people entitled to free treatment from the NHS should be getting free treatment from the NHS. Those who are not, should arrange insurance and pay.

...Up on the Downs

"

Dictionary ? This is 2019 , dear "

You will find the Oxford Dictionary via Google. I recommend you start with the word 'manners'.

Derry

"

There were two lots of figures. 500 million deliberate health tourism, which some people estimate is actually nearer 2 billion.

Apologies if I got two figures muddles, but I am actually not concerned with figures - I merely state that only people entitled to free treatment from the NHS should be getting free treatment from the NHS. Those who are not, should arrange insurance and pay."

The Department of health statistics estimate that deliberate NHS tourism costs between 100-300 million per year, claiming this costs 2 billion has no basis in reality

"

Dictionary ? This is 2019 , dear

You will find the Oxford Dictionary via Google. I recommend you start with the word 'manners'."

Ok, my dear. Thank you

...Up on the Downs

"

Apologies if I got two figures muddles, but I am actually not concerned with figures - I merely state that only people entitled to free treatment from the NHS should be getting free treatment from the NHS. Those who are not, should arrange insurance and pay.

The Department of health statistics estimate that deliberate NHS tourism costs between 100-300 million per year, claiming this costs 2 billion has no basis in reality"

Well, tell that to the medics who's opinion you don't accept, don't shoot the messenger! Regardless of the figures, both should be addressed.

"

Apologies if I got two figures muddles, but I am actually not concerned with figures - I merely state that only people entitled to free treatment from the NHS should be getting free treatment from the NHS. Those who are not, should arrange insurance and pay."

Who do you think is entitled to ‘free’ treatment from the NHS? What are their requirements ?

Derry

"

The Department of health statistics estimate that deliberate NHS tourism costs between 100-300 million per year, claiming this costs 2 billion has no basis in reality

Well, tell that to the medics who's opinion you don't accept, don't shoot the messenger! Regardless of the figures, both should be addressed."

First of all, if its ok with you, lets keep the conversation based on facts,

2 sources for the health tourism costing 100-300 million.

BMJ article: David Oliver: Health tourism, immigration, and the NHS

Dept of Health report:Quantitative Assessment of Visitor and Migrant Use of the NHS in England.

Which has greater credibility, opinion or fact? When you say don't shoot the messenger, are you suggesting you're only repeating what you have read or being told and the opinions are not your own?

...Up on the Downs

"

Well, tell that to the medics who's opinion you don't accept, don't shoot the messenger! Regardless of the figures, both should be addressed.

Dept of Health report:Quantitative Assessment of Visitor and Migrant Use of the NHS in England.

"

Plus the 1.8 billion. Even 1 million is a million too much to waste, don't you agree?

Newcastle and Gateshead

since frisky decided to use fullfact as the reference i went to see what they actually said....

The government’s estimate of how much "deliberate health tourism" and those taking advantage of free NHS services cost the NHS every year was around 0.3% of NHS spending allocated to specific services in 2012/13. It’s still roughly around 0.3% of total health spending.

keyword in there...... Deliberate

Deliberate health tourism means those who come to the UK deliberately to use NHS services they’re not entitled to for free. Those taking advantage of the system are those who frequently come to the UK and are able to use GP services and other treatments like prescriptions. This could even include British expats who return to the UK to see a trusted doctor.

Who is a “health tourist”?

Qualifying for free NHS care isn’t based on nationality or where someone was born. It’s based on whether you are “ordinarily resident” in the UK and the type of treatment you need.

The government estimates that normal use of the NHS, by people who aren’t “ordinarily resident”, but who don’t come to the UK specifically to use the NHS, is around £1.8 billion a year. This can include holiday makers who injure themselves while in the UK or someone who gets sick while in the UK for work temporarily.

so someone is being deliberately "obtuse" to try and prove a point......

Derry

"

Plus the 1.8 billion. Even 1 million is a million too much to waste, don't you agree?

"

Do you accept that Deliberate NHS tourism costs at most 0.3% of the NHS budget?

Do you accept the Dept of Health saying:

All of the estimates presented are subject to varying degrees of uncertainty, relating to the numbers of people and their behaviour. The estimates for the irregular migrants are very uncertain and based on out of date population estimates. The estimates for health tourism, as for any unlawful activity, are impossible to estimate with confidence and are a structured judgment. The estimates for chargeability are also uncertain because of the complexity of the rules. The estimates are presented as the best that can be made at present, recognising that they are based on incomplete data, sometimes of varying quality, and a large number of assumptions.The analysis is intended to inform policy development around visitor and migrant access to NHS, alongside the DH consultation and work with the NHS

The estimated aggregate of 1.8 billion is compounded by several factors which I have previously outlined including the CTA and british expats returning to the UK to use the NHS.

How exactly will the UK leaving the EU change any of the above?

NHS efficiencies is a different topic. The problems it is experiencing has more to do with a lower % of GDP than people traveling to the UK and making intentional or accidental use of NHS services

"since frisky decided to use fullfact as the reference i went to see what they actually said....

The government’s estimate of how much "deliberate health tourism" and those taking advantage of free NHS services cost the NHS every year was around 0.3% of NHS spending allocated to specific services in 2012/13. It’s still roughly around 0.3% of total health spending.

Deliberate health tourism means those who come to the UK deliberately to use NHS services they’re not entitled to for free. Those taking advantage of the system are those who frequently come to the UK and are able to use GP services and other treatments like prescriptions. This could even include British expats who return to the UK to see a trusted doctor.

Qualifying for free NHS care isn’t based on nationality or where someone was born. It’s based on whether you are “ordinarily resident” in the UK and the type of treatment you need.

The government estimates that normal use of the NHS, by people who aren’t “ordinarily resident”, but who don’t come to the UK specifically to use the NHS, is around £1.8 billion a year. This can include holiday makers who injure themselves while in the UK or someone who gets sick while in the UK for work temporarily.

so someone is being deliberately "obtuse" to try and prove a point......"

Tbh she agrees with Farage so facts and figure probably aren’t her strong point

...Up on the Downs

"since frisky decided to use fullfact as the reference i went to see what they actually said....

so someone is being deliberately "obtuse" to try and prove a point......"

No, false accusation, you owe me an apology for that. I said that in addition to the 300 million health tourists

"Actually there's another 1.8 billion on treating people who do not have any right to free treatment, but didn't ask for treatment on purpose."

clearly differentiating the two groups.

...Up on the Downs

so someone is being deliberately "obtuse" to try and prove a point......

No, false accusation, you owe me an apology for that. I said that in addition to the 300 million health tourists

"Actually there's another 1.8 billion on treating people who do not have any right to free treatment, but didn't ask for treatment on purpose."

clearly differentiating the two groups."

And again:

"There were two lots of figures. 500 million deliberate health tourism, which some people estimate is actually nearer 2 billion.

And a separate cost of 1.8 billion for legitimate tourists costs to the NHS."

Clear differentiation. Now apologise.

"

Maybe that's why they are shitting in the street."

...Up on the Downs

"

"

Lol, I never said it did! You're tilting at windmills yhere, trying to argue with a point that no-one made in the first place, reread the thread more carefully.

"

Lol, I never said it did! You're tilting at windmills yhere, trying to argue with a point that no-one made in the first place, reread the thread more carefully. "

You'll get used to that. People going off on a tangent asking questions of no relevence because it suits their agenda.

...Up on the Downs

"

Lol, I never said it did! You're tilting at windmills yhere, trying to argue with a point that no-one made in the first place, reread the thread more carefully.

You'll get used to that. People going off on a tangent asking questions of no relevence because it suits their agenda. "

Discussion become worthless if people try to twist other people's words to suit their own agenda too.

"

You'll get used to that. People going off on a tangent asking questions of no relevence because it suits their agenda.

Discussion become worthless if people try to twist other people's words to suit their own agenda too. "

This is true. Just to clarify, are you blaming immigrants for the increase in people shitting in Westminster

...Up on the Downs

"

Discussion become worthless if people try to twist other people's words to suit their own agenda too.

This is true. Just to clarify, are you blaming immigrants for the increase in people shitting in Westminster "

Absolutely, 100%.

"

This is true. Just to clarify, are you blaming immigrants for the increase in people shitting in Westminster

Absolutely, 100%."

Have you carried out a detailed forensic study on these shits or are you basing your findings on ignorance and prejudice

...Up on the Downs

"

Absolutely, 100%.

Have you carried out a detailed forensic study on these shits or are you basing your findings on ignorance and prejudice "

You are the ignorant one it seems, do some research. Maybe you and your ilk like to take a dump in the street nowadays, society has degraded to such an extent nothing would surprise me anymore - if Brits are doing it too then shame on them.

"

Absolutely, 100%.

Have you carried out a detailed forensic study on these shits or are you basing your findings on ignorance and prejudice

You are the ignorant one it seems, do some research. Maybe you and your ilk like to take a dump in the street nowadays, society has degraded to such an extent nothing would surprise me anymore - if Brits are doing it too then shame on them."

I have done some research and I conclude that you cannot tell if a shit is from an immigrant or from a indigenous person . I am confused as why you think immigrants are shitting in Westminster? Do the shits look foreign? Do they smell foreign? Just remember you were the one that 100% blamed immigrants for these phantom turds not me

...Up on the Downs

"

Absolutely, 100%.

You are the ignorant one it seems, do some research. Maybe you and your ilk like to take a dump in the street nowadays, society has degraded to such an extent nothing would surprise me anymore - if Brits are doing it too then shame on them.

I have done some research and I conclude that you cannot tell if a shit is from an immigrant or from a indigenous person . I am confused as why you think immigrants are shitting in Westminster? Do the shits look foreign? Do they smell foreign? Just remember you were the one that 100% blamed immigrants for these phantom turds not me "

Yeah whatever.

"

Absolutely, 100%.

I have done some research and I conclude that you cannot tell if a shit is from an immigrant or from a indigenous person . I am confused as why you think immigrants are shitting in Westminster? Do the shits look foreign? Do they smell foreign? Just remember you were the one that 100% blamed immigrants for these phantom turds not me

Yeah whatever."

I think you need to be better informed before you start accusing immigrants of crapping in the streets, are you trying to blame certain people to suit your own agenda ?

Wow, I know Brexit is such a contentious issue that it can easily start arguments but... shits and turds, that's a new one for me

By *amfabMan  over a year ago

Luton

March 29

April 12

October 31

Except we're still in

Tories out, please"

It's labour and lib Dems blocking us leaving by asking for a people's vote , we had one it was called the referendum it was not to ask how we leave it was a simple vote ... LEAVE OR REMAIN

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Compared with, I dunno, this is just off the top of my head as I’m not an expert, a combination of an ever increasing elderly indigenous population and years of government cutbacks?

Exactly, the worst ‘drain’ on the NHS are usually elderly British people over the age of 60 who haven’t looked after themselves properly "

I think you’ll find that many of those ‘bed blockers’ don’t have a choice. There aren’t enough places in nursing homes/residential care to look after our elderly patients and they often can’t be sent home if they live alone. My neighbour who was in her late 70’s broke both her wrists and had to stay in hospital until she was out of plaster. There was no one to look after her at home. Most pensioners have looked after themselves and paid National Insurance contributions for 40 years.

By the time I retire I’ll have been paying NI for 46 years! We contribute to our health service but then it lets us down.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"

It's actually 5.5%. So, about 1/19.

Of which, a quarter are Irish, who are able to work here not primarily just as part of EU free movement, but as part of the CTA agreement that predates our EU membership. If you remove these from the calculation, then it's about 1/25th of staff come from the EU, not 1/8th.

These figures are available from the House of Commons Library (on line) of July 8th 2019. I'm not sure I can provide a link (fab forum rules).

The same report also says that the numbers of EU nationals working in the NHS has increased since Brexit - so not the mass exodus that was forecast.

Derry

If my search history wasn't bad enough. I can find a single source for the shitting in the streets trope. One Paul Joseph Watson, far-right conspiracy theorist, colleague of Alex Jones and commentator on feminism, Islam, and left-wing politics. He was banned from youtube in may 2019 for promoting hate speech.

The signs posted by westminister council reads:

This area is being monitored for street fouling. Anyone urinating or defecating may be subject to arrest.”

Its not hard to find the original video where PJW ties the cost of london living, congestion, rudeness, an overworked sewage system, immigration, progressive-ism, lack of housing, multiculturalism.... to lead to Westminster council erecting the aforementioned signs.

Call it for what it is, a xenophobic racist deafening dog whistle

It's actually 5.5%. So, about 1/19.

Of which, a quarter are Irish, who are able to work here not primarily just as part of EU free movement, but as part of the CTA agreement that predates our EU membership. If you remove these from the calculation, then it's about 1/25th of staff come from the EU, not 1/8th.

These figures are available from the House of Commons Library (on line) of July 8th 2019. I'm not sure I can provide a link (fab forum rules).

The same report also says that the numbers of EU nationals working in the NHS has increased since Brexit - so not the mass exodus that was forecast."

We haven’t left yet?

...Up on the Downs

"If my search history wasn't bad enough. I can find a single source for the shitting in the streets trope. One Paul Joseph Watson, far-right conspiracy theorist, colleague of Alex Jones and commentator on feminism, Islam, and left-wing politics. He was banned from youtube in may 2019 for promoting hate speech.

This area is being monitored for street fouling. Anyone urinating or defecating may be subject to arrest.”

Its not hard to find the original video where PJW ties the cost of london living, congestion, rudeness, an overworked sewage system, immigration, progressive-ism, lack of housing, multiculturalism.... to lead to Westminster council erecting the aforementioned signs.

Call it for what it is, a xenophobic racist deafening dog whistle"

You need to learn to use Google better - I had a quick check yesterday to see if there was any data and saw several articles on the subject. Never saw that chaps video, his style seems a bit purile for me anyway.

Bristol East

March 29

April 12

October 31

Except we're still in

Tories out, please

It's labour and lib Dems blocking us leaving by asking for a people's vote , we had one it was called the referendum it was not to ask how we leave it was a simple vote ... LEAVE OR REMAIN"

Sorry, can you remind again who formed the government in 2017 with a majority in Parliament - and a manifesto pledge to deliver Brexit?

I don't think it was Labour or Lib Dem MPs

[Removed by poster at 29/10/19 09:41:41]

"If my search history wasn't bad enough. I can find a single source for the shitting in the streets trope. One Paul Joseph Watson, far-right conspiracy theorist, colleague of Alex Jones and commentator on feminism, Islam, and left-wing politics. He was banned from youtube in may 2019 for promoting hate speech.

Call it for what it is, a xenophobic racist deafening dog whistle"

Thank you for speaking some common sense on here. Just to put a little perspective on the subject of shitting in the streets - Paddington station has recently made its public loos free again as they were finding that people were pissing in the station concourse because they either had no physical cash or no money full stop so to make their environment more pleasant they reintroduced a free public service to everyones benefit. The correlation between shitting in the streets and homelessness is far more appropriate when you consider the lack of free public toilets available in Westminster. The victorians introduce modern sanitation because they knew that it would benefit society overall just as the post war Labour government created the NHS for the greater good of all. The problem frisky and her ilk have is that they believe in a utopia where everyone pays their way and gets what they deserve. Life isnt like that and these are the fantasies of people whose narcissism means they have no grasp of or care for how to deal with those on the margins of society whether they be bad, dangerous or damaged. We are in a time where lacklustre and selfish narcissistic personalities like trump, boris and farage have been allowed to float to the top like so many shiny turds and the closeted views of their acolytes are taken at face value instead of being regarded with the cynicism they deserve to be. Its been an interesting thread in terms of how attractive people can make themselves unattractive.

Derry

You need to learn to use Google better - I had a quick check yesterday to see if there was any data and saw several articles on the subject. Never saw that chaps video, his style seems a bit purile for me anyway."

'westminster london street shit sign' were my search terms. I used google and duckduckgo. The search results are either on fake news aggregators or right wing blogs repeating PJW original claim. Do you care to share your search terms?

...Up on the Downs

You need to learn to use Google better - I had a quick check yesterday to see if there was any data and saw several articles on the subject. Never saw that chaps video, his style seems a bit purile for me anyway.

'westminster london street shit sign' were my search terms. I used google and duckduckgo. The search results are either on fake news aggregators or right wing blogs repeating PJW original claim. Do you care to share your search terms?"

Haha try avoiding the rather uncouth slang word 'shit'!!

Derry

'westminster london street shit sign' were my search terms. I used google and duckduckgo. The search results are either on fake news aggregators or right wing blogs repeating PJW original claim. Do you care to share your search terms?

Haha try avoiding the rather uncouth slang word 'shit'!! "

This is your post from last night:

"Well, I'm too scared to go to many parts of London, and there are a lot of Romanian criminal gangs operating here for sure, lots of people smuggling going on and modern day slave trading, it's awful. It's not about race, it's about culture. We have signs in Westminster now warning people not to shit in the street. Westminster!"

But please do share your search terms, thanks

...Up on the Downs

Thank you for speaking some common sense on here. Just to put a little perspective on the subject of shitting in the streets - Paddington station has recently made its public loos free again as they were finding that people were pissing in the station concourse because they either had no physical cash or no money full stop so to make their environment more pleasant they reintroduced a free public service to everyones benefit. The correlation between shitting in the streets and homelessness is far more appropriate when you consider the lack of free public toilets available in Westminster. The victorians introduce modern sanitation because they knew that it would benefit society overall just as the post war Labour government created the NHS for the greater good of all. The problem frisky and her ilk have is that they believe in a utopia where everyone pays their way and gets what they deserve. Life isnt like that and these are the fantasies of people whose narcissism means they have no grasp of or care for how to deal with those on the margins of society whether they be bad, dangerous or damaged. We are in a time where lacklustre and selfish narcissistic personalities like trump, boris and farage have been allowed to float to the top like so many shiny turds and the closeted views of their acolytes are taken at face value instead of being regarded with the cynicism they deserve to be. Its been an interesting thread in terms of how attractive people can make themselves unattractive. "

On the contrary, I feel very strongly about those of our own forced to live on the street, it is an absolute disgrace in a rich country like ours and should be made a high priority IMO.

...Up on the Downs

"Well, I'm too scared to go to many parts of London, and there are a lot of Romanian criminal gangs operating here for sure, lots of people smuggling going on and modern day slave trading, it's awful. It's not about race, it's about culture. We have signs in Westminster now warning people not to shit in the street. Westminster!"

But please do share your search terms, thanks"

Seriously?? Try using appropriate words like defecation!!

"

Seriously?? Try using appropriate words like defecation!! "

I found it straight away using defication but didn't find it on any mainstream media outlets, only one's I've never heard of

Derry

Seriously?? Try using appropriate words like defecation!! "

It doesn't make any difference if I use defecation or your original descriptor of shit, still the same right wing blogs and news aggregators that all started with Mr Paul Joseph Watson. I'll disregard the pearl clutching.

...Up on the Downs

"

I found it straight away using defication but didn't find it on any mainstream media outlets, only one's I've never heard of "

I never went looking for such a thing 'til yesterday. Someone posted a picture of the Westminster signs on Twitter a while back and I could not believe my eyes, it never occurred to me that public human defecation would ever become a problem in this country, but in the advent of cctv, well you can imagine, it has been filmed.

I was just shocked and appalled.

...Up on the Downs

It doesn't make any difference if I use defecation or your original descriptor of shit, still the same right wing blogs and news aggregators that all started with Mr Paul Joseph Watson. I'll disregard the pearl clutching."

Haha so the left are cool with shitting in the street and those of us who are not are a just bunch of fascists? Yeah right, give me strength!

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Migrants didn't give away the stock of public housing for a fraction of its true worth. That's the Conservative Party you are thinking of.

"

And Labour virtually gave away our gold reserves costing us billions & then complain that the next Tory gov has to cut funding.

They are all as bad as each other.

S

...Up on the Downs

Anyway, the majority of first 10 sites are westminster.gov.uk or parliamentary sites and include those well-known fascist propaganda instruments the bbc and the grauniad! Slightly subjective selection of evidence there methinks...

"

I found it straight away using defication but didn't find it on any mainstream media outlets, only one's I've never heard of

I never went looking for such a thing 'til yesterday. Someone posted a picture of the Westminster signs on Twitter a while back and I could not believe my eyes, it never occurred to me that public human defecation would ever become a problem in this country, but in the advent of cctv, well you can imagine, it has been filmed.

I was just shocked and appalled."

Are you still 100% certain that the increase in numbers of these turds are caused by immigrants

Derry

It doesn't make any difference if I use defecation or your original descriptor of shit, still the same right wing blogs and news aggregators that all started with Mr Paul Joseph Watson. I'll disregard the pearl clutching.

Haha so the left are cool with shitting in the street and those of us who are not are a just bunch of fascists? Yeah right, give me strength!"

I didn't say anything about the left being ok with anything or accuse you of being a fascist, that is a very weak strawman. However when you say 'its about culture' and 'our own', you are repeating the dogwhistles of the alt right and sound xenophobic

...Up on the Downs

"

I didn't say anything about the left being ok with anything or accuse you of being a fascist, that is a very weak strawman. However when you say 'its about culture' and 'our own', you are repeating the dogwhistles of the alt right and sound xenophobic"

I don't have irrational fears about anything....well, maybe spiders. I do however believe that immigration into this country must be controlled better, yes, and as I said in my first post, I agree that our infrastructure, housing and services are overwhelmed at present. That is simply the application of logic.

"

I didn't say anything about the left being ok with anything or accuse you of being a fascist, that is a very weak strawman. However when you say 'its about culture' and 'our own', you are repeating the dogwhistles of the alt right and sound xenophobic

I don't have irrational fears about anything....well, maybe spiders. I do however believe that immigration into this country must be controlled better, yes, and as I said in my first post, I agree that our infrastructure, housing and services are overwhelmed at present. That is simply the application of logic."

But you are 100 % blaming immigrants for the increase in the numbers of turds on Westminster streets ?

Derry

"

I don't have irrational fears about anything....well, maybe spiders. I do however believe that immigration into this country must be controlled better, yes, and as I said in my first post, I agree that our infrastructure, housing and services are overwhelmed at present. That is simply the application of logic."

Explicitly or implicitly correlating immigration with govt under investment in infrastructure, housing and services isn't logic by any stretch of the word. It is coded xenophobia.

...Up on the Downs

"

Explicitly or implicitly correlating immigration with govt under investment in infrastructure, housing and services isn't logic by any stretch of the word. It is coded xenophobia."

Nonsense, you are simply misapplying the word to try and shut down opposing views. The fact remains that there are millions more people in this country than the system can cope with, that will take decades to put right, and the rate of increase has been doubled by migration. The one thing we can do instantly is control net migration better, and particularly illegal immigration, that is pure logic.

Didn’t we have control of illegal immigrants before Brexit...??

How does leaving the EU control illegal immigrants from outside the EU..

...Up on the Downs

"Didn’t we have control of illegal immigrants before Brexit...??

How does leaving the EU control illegal immigrants from outside the EU..

"

Immigration was not a factor in my decision about leaving the EU which was made many years before the increased rate began and was based mostly on moral grounds.

I would be interested to see a figure on what percentage of illegal immigration comes to us via the EU though - my feeling is it would be a very large percentage seeing as the poor buggers who try clinging to the undercarriage of aircraft tend not to make it alive. I certainly believe that better border control is long overdue anyway, and maybe Brexit will concentrate the mind.

Derry

"

Explicitly or implicitly correlating immigration with govt under investment in infrastructure, housing and services isn't logic by any stretch of the word. It is coded xenophobia.

Nonsense, you are simply misapplying the word to try and shut down opposing views. The fact remains that there are millions more people in this country than the system can cope with, that will take decades to put right, and the rate of increase has been doubled by migration. The one thing we can do instantly is control net migration better, and particularly illegal immigration, that is pure logic."

Shut down opposing views? You may be of the opinion that I am doing so. What I have actually done is corrected, refuted and rebutted your misleading use of statistics, fake news, alt-right terminology and sourced your laughable assertion of foreign turds on the streets of Westminister. If that is shutting (or even shitting) down opposing views, then I am completely unapologetic for doing so.

...Up on the Downs

"

Nonsense, you are simply misapplying the word to try and shut down opposing views. The fact remains that there are millions more people in this country than the system can cope with, that will take decades to put right, and the rate of increase has been doubled by migration. The one thing we can do instantly is control net migration better, and particularly illegal immigration, that is pure logic.

Shut down opposing views? You may be of the opinion that I am doing so. What I have actually done is corrected, refuted and rebutted your misleading use of statistics, fake news, alt-right terminology and sourced your laughable assertion of foreign turds on the streets of Westminister. If that is shutting (or even shitting) down opposing views, then I am completely unapologetic for doing so."

Haha, and yet the turds and videos of their origin remain as evidence of your misguided views.

"

Shut down opposing views? You may be of the opinion that I am doing so. What I have actually done is corrected, refuted and rebutted your misleading use of statistics, fake news, alt-right terminology and sourced your laughable assertion of foreign turds on the streets of Westminister. If that is shutting (or even shitting) down opposing views, then I am completely unapologetic for doing so.

Haha, and yet the turds and videos of their origin remain as evidence of your misguided views. "

So you have videos of all the turds? How can you tell if someone is an immigrant of a video??

"

Shut down opposing views? You may be of the opinion that I am doing so. What I have actually done is corrected, refuted and rebutted your misleading use of statistics, fake news, alt-right terminology and sourced your laughable assertion of foreign turds on the streets of Westminister. If that is shutting (or even shitting) down opposing views, then I am completely unapologetic for doing so."

Derry

"

Haha, and yet the turds and videos of their origin remain as evidence of your misguided views. "

Facts, verifiable statistics, reputable sources Vs Alt-right dogwhistles, twitter, pictures and videos. I'll leave that with you for now

...Up on the Downs

"

Haha, and yet the turds and videos of their origin remain as evidence of your misguided views.

Facts, verifiable statistics, reputable sources Vs Alt-right dogwhistles, twitter, pictures and videos. I'll leave that with you for now

"

Lies, damn lies and statistics

...Up on the Downs

Or maybe sex, lies and videotape is more appropriate!

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"

So you have videos of all the turds? How can you tell if someone is an immigrant of a video?? "

They put little cocktail stick size National flags on them silly :D

Glasgow

March 29

April 12

October 31

Except we're still in

Tories out, please

It's labour and lib Dems blocking us leaving by asking for a people's vote , we had one it was called the referendum it was not to ask how we leave it was a simple vote ... LEAVE OR REMAIN"

Except it turned out that it wasn’t that simple.

Are you suggesting we should leave, regardless of what deal is agreed, or even if no deal is agreed?

"

So you have videos of all the turds? How can you tell if someone is an immigrant of a video??

They put little cocktail stick size National flags on them silly :D"

Well that’s going to ruin the Christmas party....I’ll never be able to see a cocktail sausage again without thinking “westminster turd”....a phrase I normally reserve for members of our government

Glasgow

"Anyway, the majority of first 10 sites are westminster.gov.uk or parliamentary sites and include those well-known fascist propaganda instruments the bbc and the grauniad! Slightly subjective selection of evidence there methinks..."

Are you saying this with or without irony? It’s genuinely hard to tell.

...Up on the Downs

"Anyway, the majority of first 10 sites are westminster.gov.uk or parliamentary sites and include those well-known fascist propaganda instruments the bbc and the grauniad! Slightly subjective selection of evidence there methinks...

Are you saying this with or without irony? It’s genuinely hard to tell."

Excellent!

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I have no idea - I never heard of anyone born in this country doing it, have you?

I have never heard of an immigrant doing it? We’re the ‘no shitting ‘ signs written in English? "

In areas of Belfast where Syrian refugees and Romanians are housed , if you put your bins out via the alleys between back to back houses, you will regularly come across piles of human sh1t. It’s a thing whether you believe it or not

In areas of Belfast where Syrian refugees and Romanians are housed , if you put your bins out via the alleys between back to back houses, you will regularly come across piles of human sh1t. It’s a thing whether you believe it or not"

Unidentified turds in a back alley seems like a weak justification for xenopbia and racism to me.

"

In areas of Belfast where Syrian refugees and Romanians are housed , if you put your bins out via the alleys between back to back houses, you will regularly come across piles of human sh1t. It’s a thing whether you believe it or not

Unidentified turds in a back alley seems like a weak justification for xenopbia and racism to me. "

So you say Syrian refugees and Romanians are "housed" yet they choose to shit behind your bins.

OK

Derry

"

Unidentified turds in a back alley seems like a weak justification for xenopbia and racism to me.

So you say Syrian refugees and Romanians are "housed" yet they choose to shit behind your bins.

OK "

Housing is the key word, the campaign against refugees in Belfast was overt by unionist politicians and some church leaders, all the way dowm to paramilitaries threatening violence against housing allocations they disagreed with. Local homes for local people was the campaign slogan for one DUP Councillor.

I'm going to guess FB or Twitter was the source for this wee nugget.

In areas of Belfast where Syrian refugees and Romanians are housed , if you put your bins out via the alleys between back to back houses, you will regularly come across piles of human sh1t. It’s a thing whether you believe it or not"

Why would a refugee shit behind your bin?

Why would a refugee shit behind your bin? "

Maybe they're tired of his guff and wanted some payback?

Glasgow

This may seem a daft question, but do you have a theory as to why they would be doing that rather than, I dunno, using the toilets in their houses?

How do you know, for example, if it’s in the areas where they are housed, it isn’t the locals doing it to intimidate the migrant population? You know, a sort of “You’re not welcome here, fuck off!” kind of message?

Glasgow

"Anyway, the majority of first 10 sites are westminster.gov.uk or parliamentary sites and include those well-known fascist propaganda instruments the bbc and the grauniad! Slightly subjective selection of evidence there methinks...

Excellent! "

Yeah, I still can’t really tell...

Derry

Excellent!

Yeah, I still can’t really tell... "

I think that is the whole idea, use coded terms, don't be explicit, suggest, imply, and be purposefully vague. Make outlandish claims that you can then roll back on or better still say it was a joke or meant sarcastically and people are so damn sensitive these days.

Farage, Arron Banks, Trump and Boris all use the same techniques. Remember Johnson causing outrage when talking about piccaninnies, and watermelon smiles. When asked to explain these comments he says they were satirical.

...Up on the Downs

Unidentified turds in a back alley seems like a weak justification for xenopbia and racism to me. "

Just replied to this and it disappeared - maybe I sent it privately by mistake.

If Syrians and Romanians ARE shitting in the street, or suspected on doing so on the basis of evidence, then it is neither racist nor xenophobic to say so. Political correctness and extreme liberalism should not be allowed to distort truth or ascribe motive where none can be assumed.

If Syrians and Romanians ARE shitting in the street, or suspected on doing so on the basis of evidence, then it is neither racist nor xenophobic to say so. Political correctness and extreme liberalism should not be allowed to distort truth or ascribe motive where none can be assumed."

Agreed. No where is your evidence that it is only Syrians and Romanians that are dropping these unwanted turds?

...Up on the Downs

Excellent!

Yeah, I still can’t really tell... "

And it doesn't matter - my point stands, there is little point in citing subjectively selected 'data' presented on a sex site and expecting to conclusively 'prove' anything one way or another! At best, this forum will provide an exchange of opinion which may (or may not) entertain or inform, or once in a blue moon might stimulate curiosity of mind.

Glasgow

If Syrians and Romanians ARE shitting in the street, or suspected on doing so on the basis of evidence, then it is neither racist nor xenophobic to say so. Political correctness and extreme liberalism should not be allowed to distort truth or ascribe motive where none can be assumed."

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. But people are left wondering how genuine this story is; why on earth they would be doing that if they had homes; and what actual evidence there was to confirm that these were indeed turds of a Syrian and/or Romanian origin. It’s not as though there are any other complete untruths written about and perpetuated about immigrants after all.

Why is their nationality important?

Anyone who chooses to shit in the street when they have better options is weird.

The only evidence we have that it's Romanians and Syrians is a random person on the internet claiming it with no other information.

Objectively speaking. It's probably dog shit. If it's human shit, it's probably a homeless person, if not, statistically speaking, it's more likely to be a native northern Irelander. If not then it could be any one of a large number of nationalities that make up the non-northern Irelanders.

But this person skipped all that and went directly to blaming Syrians and or Romanians.

...Up on the Downs

"

If Syrians and Romanians ARE shitting in the street, or suspected on doing so on the basis of evidence, then it is neither racist nor xenophobic to say so. Political correctness and extreme liberalism should not be allowed to distort truth or ascribe motive where none can be assumed.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. But people are left wondering how genuine this story is; why on earth they would be doing that if they had homes; and what actual evidence there was to confirm that these were indeed turds of a Syrian and/or Romanian origin. It’s not as though there are any other complete untruths written about and perpetuated about immigrants after all."

True, I would not have believed it had it not been for signs going up in Westminster which obviously denote a significant problem. I am only going by the video I have seen and my horror at such behaviour - had no idea (or assumption) what specific nationalities were involved, never heard about the possibility of Romanians and Syrians being involved, I just don't believe it's something Brits routinely do, mostly I suppose because no-one I know would ever do such a thing. No opinion or view I hold is not open to alteration if new evidence comes to light that contradicts it, though a certain type of person on here likes to assume otherwise. More fool them.

...Up on the Downs

There's another interesting point that is raised by conversations such as this - there is a certain type of person who I assume live surrounded by people like themselves, who believe that Political Correctness is the reliable marker and sole arbiter of truth on motive and attitude.

I oppose this position vehemently - IMO political correctness distorts truth and overrules discernment, and leads people to entirely erroneous conclusions, and, ironically, true prejudice and injustice.

Glasgow

"

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. But people are left wondering how genuine this story is; why on earth they would be doing that if they had homes; and what actual evidence there was to confirm that these were indeed turds of a Syrian and/or Romanian origin. It’s not as though there are any other complete untruths written about and perpetuated about immigrants after all.

True, I would not have believed it had it not been for signs going up in Westminster which obviously denote a significant problem. I am only going by the video I have seen and my horror at such behaviour - had no idea (or assumption) what specific nationalities were involved, never heard about the possibility of Romanians and Syrians being involved, I just don't believe it's something Brits routinely do, mostly I suppose because no-one I know would ever do such a thing. No opinion or view I hold is not open to alteration if new evidence comes to light that contradicts it, though a certain type of person on here likes to assume otherwise. More fool them. "

It’s not something you believe Brits routinely do? Surely it’s something you wouldn’t believe *anyone* (with a home), of any nationality would routinely do?

Glasgow

"There's another interesting point that is raised by conversations such as this - there is a certain type of person who I assume live surrounded by people like themselves, who believe that Political Correctness is the reliable marker and sole arbiter of truth on motive and attitude.

I oppose this position vehemently - IMO political correctness distorts truth and overrules discernment, and leads people to entirely erroneous conclusions, and, ironically, true prejudice and injustice."

In my experience most “political correctness” is either completely made up nonsense, or perfectly reasonable health and safety stuff. Even some of the less reasonable health and safety stuff has come about only as a reaction to some of the crazier instances of compensation culture.

"

True, I would not have believed it had it not been for signs going up in Westminster which obviously denote a significant problem. I am only going by the video I have seen and my horror at such behaviour - had no idea (or assumption) what specific nationalities were involved, never heard about the possibility of Romanians and Syrians being involved, I just don't believe it's something Brits routinely do, mostly I suppose because no-one I know would ever do such a thing. No opinion or view I hold is not open to alteration if new evidence comes to light that contradicts it, though a certain type of person on here likes to assume otherwise. More fool them. "

Can you clarify why you think Brits won’t shit in the streets but immigrants will?

Derry

"

The act of public urination or defecation was proscribed under law by the Criminal Justice Bill passed by a Labour govt in 2001 under then Home Secretary Charles Clark

What I would suggest that you would do to verify your claim is to submit a FOIA request to the met, asking for the number of arrests and fines for public urination and defecation offences. Your request will then have to ask a breakdown by nationality. Until you can do so, your claim remain without any foundation in reality and just your opinion.

...Up on the Downs

"

True, I would not have believed it had it not been for signs going up in Westminster which obviously denote a significant problem. I am only going by the video I have seen and my horror at such behaviour - had no idea (or assumption) what specific nationalities were involved, never heard about the possibility of Romanians and Syrians being involved, I just don't believe it's something Brits routinely do, mostly I suppose because no-one I know would ever do such a thing. No opinion or view I hold is not open to alteration if new evidence comes to light that contradicts it, though a certain type of person on here likes to assume otherwise. More fool them.

It’s not something you believe Brits routinely do? Surely it’s something you wouldn’t believe *anyone* (with a home), of any nationality would routinely do?

"

Not until I saw the videos and the signs no. I was shocked. Apparently some people do feel it's acceptable, and they didn't look like homeless people. But all kinds of behaviours are becoming 'de rigour' it seems.

"

Not until I saw the videos and the signs no. I was shocked. Apparently some people do feel it's acceptable, and they didn't look like homeless people. But all kinds of behaviours are becoming 'de rigour' it seems."

But what have these turds got to do with controlling immigration? Remember you brought this up in regards to that subject ?

...Up on the Downs

"

The act of public urination or defecation was proscribed under law by the Criminal Justice Bill passed by a Labour govt in 2001 under then Home Secretary Charles Clark

What I would suggest that you would do to verify your claim is to submit a FOIA request to the met, asking for the number of arrests and fines for public urination and defecation offences. Your request will then have to ask a breakdown by nationality.

"

Lol, you feel free to do so if you are interested, I am not.

This thread is becoming seriously deranged. So we have examples of a lady who doesnt like to go to london because of all the bad things she has heard about it and a fella from NI who revels in telling how the local paramilitaries chased the refugees away, and the crix of the matter is how shitting in the streets is an offense against common decency! Jesus would have loved you both

"

What I would suggest that you would do to verify your claim is to submit a FOIA request to the met, asking for the number of arrests and fines for public urination and defecation offences. Your request will then have to ask a breakdown by nationality.

Lol, you feel free to do so if you are interested, I am not."

But you were 100% certain the increase was down to immigrants ??

...Up on the Downs

"This thread is becoming seriously deranged. So we have examples of a lady who doesnt like to go to london because of all the bad things she has heard about it and a fella from NI who revels in telling how the local paramilitaries chased the refugees away, and the crix of the matter is how shitting in the streets is an offense against common decency! Jesus would have loved you both "

Jesus loves everyone, haven't you heard?