FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 12th December

12th December

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why is Boris Johnson so set on the 12 December for a GE and dismissing the 9th, is it just due to the time parliament is dissolved or could there be some other reason

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Does it clash with his office Christmas Party?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He wants to reduce the student vote.

In the current academic year, students are set to break up for their Christmas holidays which will run from December 9 until January 3.

He effectively wants limit the ability of 2.3 million who are registered to vote at their universities.

Cummings is a cunning cunt!He knows most of them vote labour.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"He wants to reduce the student vote.

In the current academic year, students are set to break up for their Christmas holidays which will run from December 9 until January 3.

He effectively wants limit the ability of 2.3 million who are registered to vote at their universities.

Cummings is a cunning cunt!He knows most of them vote labour. "

Didn't realise students weren't allowed a postal vote.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Who encourage them to vote twice - maybe he was just trying to cut down on the fraudulent votes.

Who encourage them to vote twice - maybe he was just trying to cut down on the fraudulent votes. "

Perhaps you should look into how many cases of electoral fraud by students have been prosecuted before coming out with that old guff

I am sure that I heard on the news last nite it is something to do with northern island and the 9th did not give the enough time to get it done, whatever it is though buggered if I can remember what they said lol

...Up on the Downs

Who encourage them to vote twice - maybe he was just trying to cut down on the fraudulent votes.

Perhaps you should look into how many cases of electoral fraud by students have been prosecuted before coming out with that old guff "

Irrelevant if no-one is looking for them. They are being encouraged to commit voting fraud.

Has anyone come up with a good reason why the 9th is a bad day to vote and the 12th better.

I thought you Conservatives and Boris fanboys wanted an election at any cost ...Apparently the 9th is an unacceptable cost...a step too far

Bristol East

Looking forward to Corbyn turning up at No 10 on the 10th wearing his Santa outfit

"Looking forward to Corbyn turning up at No 10 on the 10th wearing his Santa outfit

"

Grantham

"Has anyone come up with a good reason why the 9th is a bad day to vote and the 12th better.

I thought you Conservatives and Boris fanboys wanted an election at any cost ...Apparently the 9th is an unacceptable cost...a step too far

"

The Conservatives want December 12th to allow longer Parliamentary time to get the Northern Ireland Continuity Bill through.

December 9th risks that Bill not passing.

December 9th means Parliament dissolving this Friday. December 12th allows them until November 6th.

Perhaps you should look into how many cases of electoral fraud by students have been prosecuted before coming out with that old guff

Irrelevant if no-one is looking for them. They are being encouraged to commit voting fraud."

Really? Making it up as you go along by any chance?

"Has anyone come up with a good reason why the 9th is a bad day to vote and the 12th better.

The Conservatives want December 12th to allow longer Parliamentary time to get the Northern Ireland Continuity Bill through.

December 9th means Parliament dissolving this Friday. December 12th allows them until November 6th. "

More spin from Cummings spoon feed to conservatives.

After they threw the DUP under the bus now NI is important to conservatives..

That’s bollocks .

Grantham

December 9th means Parliament dissolving this Friday. December 12th allows them until November 6th.

That’s bollocks .

"

That Bill benefits the whole of Northern Ireland.

December 11th is now the new date of the GE.

That’s bollocks .

December 11th is now the new date of the GE. "

The 9th is preferred for obvious reasons.

Nobody trusts Cummings or Boris.

They are absolutely right not to trust a serial liar.

Apparently you do ..

Bristol East

Yes, yes, let's make all the elderly and infirm traipse to the polling station in snow, ice and darkness. That's a surefire vote-winner.

Bristol East

"

That’s bollocks .

"

What's so special about the NI Bill that Johnson is willing to die in a ditch over the date?

Grantham

That’s bollocks .

Apparently you do .."

Turn it round then..... Why do SNP/Lib Dems want December 9th? Must be a reason?

Grantham

"Yes, yes, let's make all the elderly and infirm traipse to the polling station in snow, ice and darkness. That's a surefire vote-winner.

"

Yes, just like students, they haven't got Postal Votes either.

That’s bollocks .

Apparently you do ..

Turn it round then..... Why do SNP/Lib Dems want December 9th? Must be a reason? "

They want as many students who are all predominantly remainers to vote on campus rather than have to arrange millions of them to go postal or register at their parents.

Cummings feels they could tip the balance.At the last election I saw students on mass in cars being driven to polling stations in groups.

Apparently the conservatives are going to win by a landslide...so bring on the 9th if you believe in greater participation in democracy...

Let’s not forget 2 million newly registered voters on the electoral register in the last 8 weeks most under 30.

Thus has put the wind up conservatives and Cummings..

Grantham

"Let’s not forget 2 million newly registered voters on the electoral register in the last 8 weeks most under 30.

Thus has put the wind up conservatives and Cummings.. "

Yet Labour still don't want an election.... one they've called for 37 times in the last Parliamentary session.

...Up on the Downs

Irrelevant if no-one is looking for them. They are being encouraged to commit voting fraud.

Really? Making it up as you go along by any chance?"

Nope, seen the photographic evidence.

Grantham

"Let’s not forget 2 million newly registered voters on the electoral register in the last 8 weeks most under 30.

Thus has put the wind up conservatives and Cummings..

Yet Labour still don't want an election.... one they've called for 37 times in the last Parliamentary session. "

I'm hearing that Labour will now back a December GE. They don't want to be seen as "dithering" or handing the impetus to the SNP/Lib Dems.

It’s on now they need to agree the date

"It’s on now they need to agree the date

"

If it ends in a hung parliament then I bloody hope it's either Labour and Lib Dems or Tories and TBP

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Yes, yes, let's make all the elderly and infirm traipse to the polling station in snow, ice and darkness. That's a surefire vote-winner.

"

so can’t they go during the day then lol

If it ends in a hung parliament then I bloody hope it's either Labour and Lib Dems or Tories and TBP"

Guaranteed hung parliament.Its utterly unpredictable in my mind.

It’s a one issue election...

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

If it ends in a hung parliament then I bloody hope it's either Labour and Lib Dems or Tories and TBP"

Boris knows he is vulnerable to the Brexit party and the Lib-dems on both the left and right. He will go full on trump man of the people obstructed the the elites. Alex Salmond is on trial in the new year so the SNP got their early christmas present. Expect a full on assault from the media on Labour because that will be where Cummings will be planning to make up lost ground.

Over here the DUP could be vulnerable and SF might lose a seat as well.

That’s bollocks .

Apparently you do ..

Turn it round then..... Why do SNP/Lib Dems want December 9th? Must be a reason?

They want as many students who are all predominantly remainers to vote on campus rather than have to arrange millions of them to go postal or register at their parents.

Cummings feels they could tip the balance.At the last election I saw students on mass in cars being driven to polling stations in groups.

Apparently the conservatives are going to win by a landslide...so bring on the 9th if you believe in greater participation in democracy...

"

democracy haha

Grantham

If it ends in a hung parliament then I bloody hope it's either Labour and Lib Dems or Tories and TBP

It’s a one issue election... "

A General Election poisoned by Brexit!

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

A General Election poisoned by Brexit! "

that’s exactly what it is but atleastwe will find out if the ppl have changed there minds on brexit it’s just like a second referendum like some ppl on here wanted I think the tories will walk it

A General Election poisoned by Brexit! "

Very true

that’s exactly what it is but at least we will find out if the ppl have changed there minds on brexit it’s just like a second referendum like some ppl on here wanted I think the tories will walk it "

That's the problem though, you cannot get a referendum result out of a General election

It's that wishy washy logic that's making a mess of everything

that’s exactly what it is but at least we will find out if the ppl have changed there minds on brexit it’s just like a second referendum like some ppl on here wanted I think the tories will walk it

That's the problem though, you cannot get a referendum result out of a General election

It's that wishy washy logic that's making a mess of everything "

It’s not really a “general “ election more a specific election...

It will solve nothing .

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Nope, seen the photographic evidence."

Photographic evidence of what exactly?

-Matt

that’s exactly what it is but at least we will find out if the ppl have changed there minds on brexit it’s just like a second referendum like some ppl on here wanted I think the tories will walk it

It's that wishy washy logic that's making a mess of everything

It’s not really a “general “ election more a specific election...

It will solve nothing ."

A General Election is an election for government for the next 5 years but this one just like the last shite attempt in 2017 is attaching a very devisive major question to an election that isn't meant to be about one fucking topic.

It's a fucking clusterfuck of an idea

Derry

-Matt"

Romanians defecating en masse on the streets of London.

-Matt

Romanians defecating en masse on the streets of London."

I am sorry but I had to react this way after reading this woman posts in another chat

Cummings seems to think there won’t be an election.The opposition will amend it and Cummings will pull the bill...

ITV corespondent says

Me: Ready for the campaign Mr Cummings?

DC: We’re not going to have one.

Me: Really?

DC: They’ll vote for EU citizens and we’ll have to pull it.#Brexit | GE19

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

Boris knows he is vulnerable to the Brexit party and the Lib-dems on both the left and right. He will go full on trump man of the people obstructed the the elites. Alex Salmond is on trial in the new year so the SNP got their early christmas present. Expect a full on assault from the media on Labour because that will be where Cummings will be planning to make up lost ground.

Over here the DUP could be vulnerable and SF might lose a seat as well."

I assume most Sinn Fein voters would be pro remain as it strengthens their link with Ireland - could their voters be swung to a remain party to get the extra remain voting MPs into Parliament or are they now seeing Brexit as something that could bring Northern Ireland back towards Ireland or am I just over simplifying the whole issue?

-Matt"

She hasn’t seen any photos, she is proving to be a habitual liar like her idol Nigel Farage

Straight up trolling if you ask me..I bailed awhile up...

Derry

Over here the DUP could be vulnerable and SF might lose a seat as well.

I assume most Sinn Fein voters would be pro remain as it strengthens their link with Ireland - could their voters be swung to a remain party to get the extra remain voting MPs into Parliament or are they now seeing Brexit as something that could bring Northern Ireland back towards Ireland or am I just over

simplifying the whole issue?"

It is safe to assume that SF won't take their seats if elected. They could lose one seat to a candidate that would take their seat in parliament.

SF policy regarding brexit is don't interrupt your enemy while they're making a mistake

Well if there too stupid to use a postal vote maybe it's best you don't count there votes

"

Because it's a Thursday and conservatives like the custom of it probably

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We'll perhaps just estimate some of their reasons but it will be simple for them, as it's in their favour.

Doesn't it help people to avoid the EU tax scrutiny laws coming into effect, which helps the very wealthy avoid issues?

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Strange how it's ok to have a vote for a Tory leader , then have another vote because you don't like the result of the earlier vote ,, then have another General Election because you want a different result to the last General Election ,( which was held because you wanted a different result to the previous General Election ,) which , due to the Fixed Term Parliment Act should have run until 2020 ,,, and you can vote on Mays deal quite a few times ,,,,,,,, but another referendum would be undemocratic

"Strange how it's ok to have a vote for a Tory leader , then have another vote because you don't like the result of the earlier vote ,, then have another General Election because you want a different result to the last General Election ,( which was held because you wanted a different result to the previous General Election ,) which , due to the Fixed Term Parliment Act should have run until 2020 ,,, and you can vote on Mays deal quite a few times ,,,,,,,, but another referendum would be undemocratic "

4 votes for Johnson on the same issue too

Brexit in general is just a shitty bag of contradictions

» Add a new message to this topic