FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexiteers and Remainers

Brexiteers and Remainers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *an For You OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

There’s no such thing anymore. Geddit ?. FFS- we’re leaving no matter how you voted. Fucking DUH in capital letters .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

So now that his single reason to exist has finaly happened, Nigel Farage will finally disappear up his own arsehole.

He will graciously give up his MEP salary, expense account and generous stipends and perks from wealthy donors. and instead dedicate his life singing songs with woodland creatures and quiet contemplation in a Tibetan monastery.

What a selfless man he will show himself to be.

Or maybe the shell game has only just begun.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"So now that his single reason to exist has finaly happened, Nigel Farage will finally disappear up his own arsehole.

He will graciously give up his MEP salary, expense account and generous stipends and perks from wealthy donors. and instead dedicate his life singing songs with woodland creatures and quiet contemplation in a Tibetan monastery.

"

I know, it is pretty fucking hilarious... Johnson trying to tell us we can't call it 'brexit' anymore... as he is still trying to pull the wool over people's eyes that it will be 'done' next month.

It's gone:

1) Brexit will be amazing and done by summer

2) Brexit is going to be ok, they need us more than we need them

3) Brexit won't be too bad, but benefits won't be for 50 years

4) Well.... we are not going backwards too fast

5) Don't worry what it is, we'll just get it done

6) Get it done. Get it done. Get it done.

7) If you don't call it Brexit any more, we can pretend it never happened.

at some point we'll get to

33) Brexit? Never heard of it. More gopher?

-Matt

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"So now that his single reason to exist has finaly happened, Nigel Farage will finally disappear up his own arsehole.

I know, it is pretty fucking hilarious... Johnson trying to tell us we can't call it 'brexit' anymore... as he is still trying to pull the wool over people's eyes that it will be 'done' next month.

It's gone:

1) Brexit will be amazing and done by summer

2) Brexit is going to be ok, they need us more than we need them

3) Brexit won't be too bad, but benefits won't be for 50 years

4) Well.... we are not going backwards too fast

5) Don't worry what it is, we'll just get it done

6) Get it done. Get it done. Get it done.

7) If you don't call it Brexit any more, we can pretend it never happened.

at some point we'll get to

33) Brexit? Never heard of it. More gopher?

-Matt"

well that's identity politics for you - once you let the genie out of the bottle it's kind of difficult to put it back in.

In fact - if you're a smart career politician you might not even want to

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There’s no such thing anymore. Geddit ?. FFS- we’re leaving no matter how you voted. Fucking DUH in capital letters ."

i think the irony of a person from belfast leaving this type of post is that mainland UK may well be leaving.... but that little bit called "northern ireland" isn't really leaving as it will have to adhere to EU rules under the terms of Bojo's super Withdrawal Agreement!

but anyway... enjoys ya border down the irish sea!!!!

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

It'll be a shitstorm. There might/maybe/possibly be some benefits (wishful thinking) but noted Brexiteers have already confessed that it'll 30 to 50 years and all the newly acquired tory constituencies will feel the pinch first.

The fun part will be who gets the blame when it all goes pear-shaped.

belfast/holywood

"There’s no such thing anymore. Geddit ?. FFS- we’re leaving no matter how you voted. Fucking DUH in capital letters .

i think the irony of a person from belfast leaving this type of post is that mainland UK may well be leaving.... but that little bit called "northern ireland" isn't really leaving as it will have to adhere to EU rules under the terms of Bojo's super Withdrawal Agreement!

but anyway... enjoys ya border down the irish sea!!!! "

Indeed - best of both worlds

By *rishmocha2Couple  over a year ago

Beds

"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It'll be a shitstorm. There might/maybe/possibly be some benefits (wishful thinking) but noted Brexiteers have already confessed that it'll 30 to 50 years and all the newly acquired tory constituencies will feel the pinch first.

The fun part will be who gets the blame when it all goes pear-shaped."

They're already blaming people who voted remain.

[Removed by poster at 22/12/19 09:27:51]

There's going to be remainers and leavers for a long, long time yet

Until the UK manages to achieve everything Brexit was promised it would be there will always be the guilty

"There's going to be remainers and leavers for a long, long time yet

Until the UK manages to achieve everything Brexit was promised it would be there will always be the guilty "

In fairness to brexiteers. If you looked closely you'll see brexit is set to deliver the key points it promises all along.

Epic trade deal for the US (shit for the UK).

Destabilising the UKs economy.

Dismantling of red tape, works rights, safety standards etc.

Helping those wishing to continue their off shore tax avoidance schemes.

"There’s no such thing anymore. Geddit ?. FFS- we’re leaving no matter how you voted. Fucking DUH in capital letters ."

Chill out, you seem very angry? Unhappy? Yes we are leaving the EU so why are getting so upset ? Why are some of the people who voted leave so bitter and full of hatred , hopefully Brexit will help full that empty void in your life

belfast/holywood

"There’s no such thing anymore. Geddit ?. FFS- we’re leaving no matter how you voted. Fucking DUH in capital letters .

Chill out, you seem very angry? Unhappy? Yes we are leaving the EU so why are getting so upset ? Why are some of the people who voted leave so bitter and full of hatred , hopefully Brexit will help full that empty void in your life "

You ask lots of questions ? You don’t say much else ?. Have you an opinion yourself ?.

I’m just upset and angwee that jewemy is going lol. He’s the best thing that never happened lol

Chill out, you seem very angry? Unhappy? Yes we are leaving the EU so why are getting so upset ? Why are some of the people who voted leave so bitter and full of hatred , hopefully Brexit will help full that empty void in your life "

I voted remain. Haven’t gotten at all emotional over it. Am very happy and am living my life. BUT THIS DUDE! Every god damn day!

Very unhealthy.

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

Chill out, you seem very angry? Unhappy? Yes we are leaving the EU so why are getting so upset ? Why are some of the people who voted leave so bitter and full of hatred , hopefully Brexit will help full that empty void in your life

I voted remain. Haven’t gotten at all emotional over it. Am very happy and am living my life. BUT THIS DUDE! Every god damn day!

"

Says a very proud brexiteer from Belfast

Says a very proud brexiteer from Belfast "

You’re using my statement to say that? Or you think I’m from Belfast and a leaver?

Very unhealthy. "

The guys with the white coats and straight jacket haven't tracked him down yet.

Who has read up on changes in the gulfstream and how it affects our climate here in the UK. Bearing in mind that its the gulfstream that keeps us warm.

This will affect our agriculture and our dependence on Europe for food...

Just sayin'....

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

Says a very proud brexiteer from Belfast

You’re using my statement to say that? Or you think I’m from Belfast and a leaver? "

Chillax darling... Was referring to the OP

Leaving the tories to continue controlling everything

but anyway... enjoys ya border down the irish sea!!!!

Indeed - best of both worlds "

Could be great for the Nothern Ireland economy, I hope it is

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Until the UK manages to achieve everything Brexit was promised it would be there will always be the guilty

In fairness to brexiteers. If you looked closely you'll see brexit is set to deliver the key points it promises all along.

"

I think you need to come off your tablets. They're doing my head in.

I think you need to come off your tablets. They're doing my head in. "

Good, if you voted to make us all poorer and lose our rights. I am comfortable that I am doing your head in. It's the least I can do.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"

Farage has made loads out of BREXIT, he must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Didn't BREXIT party candidates have to pay £500 to his company (for the BREXIT party is not a political party, it is a limited company) to stand?

Did he then not stand most of them whilst merrily pocketing the money?

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"It'll be a shitstorm. There might/maybe/possibly be some benefits (wishful thinking) but noted Brexiteers have already confessed that it'll 30 to 50 years and all the newly acquired tory constituencies will feel the pinch first.

The fun part will be who gets the blame when it all goes pear-shaped.

They're already blaming people who voted remain."

We just didn't wish hard enough, so our dreams didn't come true. Bad remainers! And also those foreigners. And the EU of course, for not giving us everything we wanted.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Good, if you voted to make us all poorer and lose our rights. I am comfortable that I am doing your head in. It's the least I can do."

you keep peddling this all poorer shit how are you going to be poorer ?

"

Farage has made loads out of BREXIT, he must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Didn't BREXIT party candidates have to pay £500 to his company (for the BREXIT party is not a political party, it is a limited company) to stand?

Did he then not stand most of them whilst merrily pocketing the money?

"

I do fucking hope so

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Newcastle and Gateshead

" you keep peddling this all poorer shit how are you going to be poorer ?"

because every single economic forecast (even the pro brexit ones) concede we will be poorer off in the "short term"... especially if we head into "no deal" situation in dec 2020....

the issue is no one is prepared to determined how long "short term" is.... even rees-moggs concedes it could be 20-50 years before we reap "any" benefits.....

notts

" you keep peddling this all poorer shit how are you going to be poorer ?

because every single economic forecast (even the pro brexit ones) concede we will be poorer off in the "short term"... especially if we head into "no deal" situation in dec 2020....

the issue is no one is prepared to determined how long "short term" is.... even rees-moggs concedes it could be 20-50 years before we reap "any" benefits....."

No point trying to convince people. Too late now anyway. Sad times.

durham

the issue is no one is prepared to determined how long "short term" is.... even rees-moggs concedes it could be 20-50 years before we reap "any" benefits.....

No point trying to convince people. Too late now anyway. Sad times."

convince who?. SO say those that think they know best. Yes it's sad times when nearly half the country look down on others who would take on a challenge.

thornaby

the issue is no one is prepared to determined how long "short term" is.... even rees-moggs concedes it could be 20-50 years before we reap "any" benefits....."

_abio so are you telling us you are personally going to be poorer if so how ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

" _abio so are you telling us you are personally going to be poorer if so how ? "

okay... let me say one of the announcements that has probably gone "under the radar" in the queens speech.... do you know when they say that 5pm on a friday before a holiday is the best time to bury bad news because its then weeks before people in parliament can then ask questions, and by then its out of the news cycle...

well are you aware they the government have now put out that any extra increases in the "national living wage" will be partly determined by increases in GDP after the transition period in 2020.... which means that if the economy doesn't rise, those who most need a pay rise may not got one.....

Newcastle and Gateshead

or... lets that the state pension.... the govt but this one out 2 hrs before the election purdah rules came into effect...

are you now aware the current rules on people getting increases on people living overseas will cease in apr 2022, which mean that if you are lets say, an ex pat, and you worked your entire life here, rather than getting the indexed link increases in your pension, your state pension will be frozen at the 2022 rate.. or the rate at when you reach pension age whichever comes first.....

notts

No point trying to convince people. Too late now anyway. Sad times. convince who?. SO say those that think they know best. Yes it's sad times when nearly half the country look down on others who would take on a challenge. "

Convince anyone who thinks Brexit will be an economic success for 99.99% of the population. It's a totally illogical position to hold. No point trying to convince anyone. No point anyway as we can just go 'told you so' repeatedly for the next, what was it Rees Mogg said, fifty years before we break even.

No point trying to convince people. Too late now anyway. Sad times."

Don't need to convince people, just let reality and facts hit them between the eyes when it happens

Fanaticism know no bounds lol

"or... lets that the state pension.... the govt but this one out 2 hrs before the election purdah rules came into effect...

are you now aware the current rules on people getting increases on people living overseas will cease in apr 2022, which mean that if you are lets say, an ex pat, and you worked your entire life here, rather than getting the indexed link increases in your pension, your state pension will be frozen at the 2022 rate.. or the rate at when you reach pension age whichever comes first....."

This a bit like the frog in hot water scenario. Gently turning up the heat.

I wonder when it sinks in whether they will admit that they did it to themselves or blame someone else?

Good, if you voted to make us all poorer and lose our rights. I am comfortable that I am doing your head in. It's the least I can do. you keep peddling this all poorer shit how are you going to be poorer ?"

This question is so outlandish.

How would you be wet if you went out in the rain? You won't know until you try it.

How come you're unable to process the information and think forward to what will happen when we cut ourselves off from the place we don the majority of our trading?

Businesses are already leaving and closing down left right and centre. And when we actually leave things will really take a down turn.

You may not be able to "see into the future". But the rest of us can look at what's going on around.

Besides, if there is literally no way of knowing what will happen after Brexit, why bother?

notts

"or... lets that the state pension.... the govt but this one out 2 hrs before the election purdah rules came into effect...

are you now aware the current rules on people getting increases on people living overseas will cease in apr 2022, which mean that if you are lets say, an ex pat, and you worked your entire life here, rather than getting the indexed link increases in your pension, your state pension will be frozen at the 2022 rate.. or the rate at when you reach pension age whichever comes first.....

I wonder when it sinks in whether they will admit that they did it to themselves or blame someone else?"

Ha. What do you think? Past performance in this case is probably an indicator ...

thornaby

" _abio so are you telling us you are personally going to be poorer if so how ?

okay... let me say one of the announcements that has probably gone "under the radar" in the queens speech.... do you know when they say that 5pm on a friday before a holiday is the best time to bury bad news because its then weeks before people in parliament can then ask questions, and by then its out of the news cycle...

well are you aware they the government have now put out that any extra increases in the "national living wage" will be partly determined by increases in GDP after the transition period in 2020.... which means that if the economy doesn't rise, those who most need a pay rise may not got one....."

you said we will be poorer I assumed you ment you in the WE aswell but u can’t answer how YOU. are going to be poorer so I take it YOU arnt going to be poorer just like the man in the street like I said before no one will notice the difference

Newcastle and Gateshead

so i gave a YOU/WE example as in the "national living wage" (if you earn more than the minimum basic good for you.... but the governments own statistics reckon at in 2020, 3.5 million people are working jobs that pay at the National living wage)

and i gave a WE example as in the State pension.....

so which one isn't a good enough example for you?

I wonder when it sinks in whether they will admit that they did it to themselves or blame someone else?

Ha. What do you think? Past performance in this case is probably an indicator ..."

I wonder which minority group will be to blame this time...

Ha. What do you think? Past performance in this case is probably an indicator ...

I wonder which minority group will be to blame this time... "

Everything going forward now good or bad Brexit wise is all on leavers shoulders

Everything going forward now good or bad Brexit wise is all on leavers shoulders "

You really think they’ll take responsibility for Brexit and not blame everyone else...

Come on Andy...History says otherwise.

It’s easier to blame everyone else.. than grow a pair..

Everything going forward now good or bad Brexit wise is all on leavers shoulders "

And everything bad that has happened in the last 40 years is on the EU's shoulders

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Everything going forward now good or bad Brexit wise is all on leavers shoulders

And everything bad that has happened in the last 40 years is on the EU's shoulders "

We were the EU. Most decision making on domestic matters from health to policing to the NHS were our responsibility.

Too complex a concept it seems. We aren't responsible for anything.

Already blaming other people

And everything bad that has happened in the last 40 years is on the EU's shoulders "

And so it begins .., we can blame our future failures on the last 40 years of Eu membership.

It’s standard Tory Modus operandi.

They are still blaming labour 10 years after they took power.

Well still be blaming the EU 40 years ..after leaving

How fucking sad...

Simply pointing out the idiocy of the previous post and you confirmed ut. Have another badge

And everything bad that has happened in the last 40 years is on the EU's shoulders

And so it begins .., we can blame our future failures on the last 40 years of Eu membership.

How fucking sad...

"

Badge for Bob too. I actually thought you had more intelligence than that

"Simply pointing out the idiocy of the previous post and you confirmed ut. Have another badge "

You win the internet today sunshine...

"Simply pointing out the idiocy of the previous post and you confirmed ut. Have another badge

You win the internet today sunshine... "

Bob I am really surprised with you. All I am saying is if everything that goes wrong from now on is the fault of leaving the EU the everything bad that happened for the last 40 years is the fault of being in the EU.

I am pointing out how idiotic that logic is.

Unless you don't think it is idiotic. In which case, you own the internet today sunshine

You ask lots of questions ? You don’t say much else ?. Have you an opinion yourself ?.

I’m just upset and angwee that jewemy is going lol. He’s the best thing that never happened lol"

You need to calm down, concentrate on other things, maybe get a job ? Brexit is going to happen, neither you or I can change that or the direction we will now go. If Brexit is a success we will all benefit, if it is a disaster (which most experts have predicted) then those who have lied to us will be responsible not those who voted to leave.

West London

"Simply pointing out the idiocy of the previous post and you confirmed ut. Have another badge

Bob I am really surprised with you. All I am saying is if everything that goes wrong from now on is the fault of leaving the EU the everything bad that happened for the last 40 years is the fault of being in the EU.

Unless you don't think it is idiotic. In which case, you own the internet today sunshine "

Actually this is what you replied to:

"Everything going forward now good or bad Brexit wise is all on leavers shoulders"

Good or bad from Brexit is on the leavers now.

You just blamed all negatives on the EU.

Reading is your friend

belfast/holywood

Yes I see lots of ‘leavers ‘ still a bit upset about things . Don’t really know why. I mean I voted remain and have consistently stated as such on here. But that’s democracy for ya. Move on.

thornaby

How fucking sad...

"

temainers are still blameing leavers for brexit lol

West London

How fucking sad...

temainers are still blameing leavers for brexit lol"

I don't agree with using the word "blame" as it is a pergorative.

However, Brexit is the responsibility of people who voted to leave. That is actually a matter of fact.

Go on, give me the alternative fact

thornaby

How fucking sad...

However, Brexit is the responsibility of people who voted to leave. That is actually a matter of fact.

Go on, give me the alternative fact "

yes that’s how referendums work isn’t it the side with the biggest vote wins its democracy why do you find that so hard to take then

West London

How fucking sad...

Go on, give me the alternative fact yes that’s how referendums work isn’t it the side with the biggest vote wins its democracy why do you find that so hard to take then "

Leavers are to "blame" then so thanks for the clarity

4% is, however, a small margin. There remains no definition of Brexit.

You can try to completely ignore the wishes of almost half the population and call it democracy or acknowledge that to move on Brexit should retain a close relationship with Europe. No, that does not mean they do what we have no negotiating strength. Less so now that we have given ourselves a deadline.

Unless you don't think it is idiotic. In which case, you own the internet today sunshine "

I think you'll find I said Brexit wise, badge winner

Yes I see lots of ‘leavers ‘ still a bit upset about things . Don’t really know why. I mean I voted remain and have consistently stated as such on here. But that’s democracy for ya. Move on."

Couldn't agree more and the consequences of leaving are on the shoulders of leavers

Though some find that difficult to understand

Unless you don't think it is idiotic. In which case, you own the internet today sunshine

I think you'll find I said Brexit wise, badge winner "

And what is Brexit wise? Everything as a consequence of not being in the EU. So by default........? Have your badge back I'm out of here.

thornaby

How fucking sad...

Go on, give me the alternative fact yes that’s how referendums work isn’t it the side with the biggest vote wins its democracy why do you find that so hard to take then

Leavers are to "blame" then so thanks for the clarity

4% is, however, a small margin. There remains no definition of Brexit.

You can try to completely ignore the wishes of almost half the population and call it democracy or acknowledge that to move on Brexit should retain a close relationship with Europe. No, that does not mean they do what we have no negotiating strength. Less so now that we have given ourselves a deadline."

so yr saying 4% isn’t a big enough margin then ? So if it was same margin remain would that be ok with you can I ask as you do a lot of questions on here more than anyone iv seen did you vote If so did you know the rules ?

belfast/holywood

And despite voting remain, I can see the other side of the argument . I believe the UK will adapt and overcome obstacles that come our way. I suppose it’s a question of how long that takes . But as a country we have so much going for us not to succeed.

And what is Brexit wise? Everything as a consequence of not being in the EU. So by default........? Have your badge back I'm out of here."

You don't know what Brexit will affect...

and leavers moan when told they didn't know what they were voting for

Have another badge

"And despite voting remain, I can see the other side of the argument . I believe the UK will adapt and overcome obstacles that come our way. I suppose it’s a question of how long that takes . But as a country we have so much going for us not to succeed. "

That's very true but one thing I've never subscribed to is it will be a raving success from the get go

If leavers could have been honest and accept / acknowledge the risks then I'd have full respect for them.

thornaby

"And despite voting remain, I can see the other side of the argument . I believe the UK will adapt and overcome obstacles that come our way. I suppose it’s a question of how long that takes . But as a country we have so much going for us not to succeed.

That's very true but one thing I've never subscribed to is it will be a raving success from the get go

If leavers could have been honest and accept / acknowledge the risks then I'd have full respect for them. "

iv always accepted the risks life’s a risk I’m a glass half full guy init to win it he who dares wins lol

durham

And what is Brexit wise? Everything as a consequence of not being in the EU. So by default........? Have your badge back I'm out of here.

Have another badge "

look I voted out. I knew, what I was voting for. Get over it.stop trying to make out the leave side were thick because I can assure you I am anything but. The posts on here get worse by the day. Doom and gloom and more doom and gloom. I'm looking forward to Christmas. Hope you all are, xxxx

"And despite voting remain, I can see the other side of the argument . I believe the UK will adapt and overcome obstacles that come our way. I suppose it’s a question of how long that takes . But as a country we have so much going for us not to succeed.

If leavers could have been honest and accept / acknowledge the risks then I'd have full respect for them.

iv always accepted the risks life’s a risk I’m a glass half full guy init to win it he who dares wins lol"

You've never been a member of the Brexit looney sect

Have another badge "

I knew what I was voting for, that is a tired old argument.

"And despite voting remain, I can see the other side of the argument . I believe the UK will adapt and overcome obstacles that come our way. I suppose it’s a question of how long that takes . But as a country we have so much going for us not to succeed. "

Well put, the voice of reason.

thornaby

iv always accepted the risks life’s a risk I’m a glass half full guy init to win it he who dares wins lol

You've never been a member of the Brexit looney sect "

no I haven’t but how do I join lol

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

I think the problem is that the Remainers did not know what Leavers were voting for.

You've never been a member of the Brexit looney sect no I haven’t but how do I join lol"

Let people know you voted to keave, they will assume the rest

"I think the problem is that the Remainers did not know what Leavers were voting for."

That is a whole different can of worms, I bet I can tell you the next question before it is asked

West London

Perfect opportunity for Leavers to state what they voted for then:

1. WTO (World Trade Organisation rules - no deal)

2. EFTA (European Free Trade Association - Norway deal)

3. Canada++ (Cake and eat it deal)

Just write 1, 2 or 3. No need for abuse or evasion or changing the subject. Just a straightforward commitment to what outcome of Brexit you voted for

Have another badge

I knew what I was voting for, that is a tired old argument."

Yet you don't seem to know the effects otherwise you wouldn't have asked

» Add a new message to this topic