FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit bonus.

Brexit bonus.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otlovefun42 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Has anyone else noticed that since the GE and now that Brexit is actually happening, the number of live threads in the politics forum has dropped considerably.

Maybe folks on here are starting to think about swinging again.

Now that just has to be a real Brexit bonus.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

I have, most definitely, even the frequency of posting. There's always a however though. It's early in the new year, you never know what's around the corner in life's great rich tapestry.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep, definitely slowed down. However, one of the main agitators has been absent a few weeks while the rest of us have been relatively amicable. If he re-appears I suspect his moronic ramblings will get a few people going again.

There's little left to discuss about it really at the moment and the most ardent leavers who used to constantly post their claptrap that kept the debates / fact checkers busy going are no longer here.

It was the most devisive vote of our generation but now the leave/remain issue needs to be consigned to the history books

"Yep, definitely slowed down. However, one of the main agitators has been absent a few weeks while the rest of us have been relatively amicable. If he re-appears I suspect his moronic ramblings will get a few people going again. "

Bugger, spoke too early

I think they are quietly getting on with their jobs now that there is no opposition to stop them. We do not need a minute by minute update.

"

It was the most devisive vote of our generation but now the leave/remain issue needs to be consigned to the history books "

Agree with this bit. Time to move on together, until the next referendum in a generation or do

"

It was the most devisive vote of our generation but now the leave/remain issue needs to be consigned to the history books

Agree with this bit. Time to move on together, until the next referendum in a generation or do "

*so

We all know it's probably going to be Trump, trade and the NHS

but until the enjoy the peace

"We all know it's probably going to be Trump, trade and the NHS

but until the enjoy the peace "

then

"I think they are quietly getting on with their jobs now that there is no opposition to stop them. We do not need a minute by minute update."

“That there is no opposition” is a phrase that should terrify people - even Tories.

Opposition is essential for democracy.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Yes Rip remainders..lost and now accept a majority....or perhaps they now understand the meaning of the word

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I have a year to buy my house in France. I didn’t want to leave and I won’t be.

"Yes Rip remainders..lost and now accept a majority....or perhaps they now understand the meaning of the word"

It is pathetic that you do not understand what Brexit means for the country. But I'm not surprised

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"Yes Rip remainders..lost and now accept a majority....or perhaps they now understand the meaning of the word

It is pathetic that you do not understand what Brexit means for the country. But I'm not surprised

"

Yay - that’s more like it !!!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There is lots of other things going on in British politics but it seems there is little interest.It sums up a lot the lack of knowledge shown over the last three years

belfast/holywood

It’s pathetic that some people can’t grasp what democracy is.

"It’s pathetic that some people can’t grasp what democracy is."

Democracy should be free from all deception and lies. Then you can talk about democracy so you can throw this pathetic post straight into the bin.

"Yes Rip remainders..lost and now accept a majority....or perhaps they now understand the meaning of the word

Yay - that’s more like it !!!"

Still got some that like nothing more than whipping up arguments

belfast/holywood

Yep. Pathetic. Some people confusing the UK with Columbia. Probably never seen a ballot paper before and was confused what it meant

"It’s pathetic that some people can’t grasp what democracy is.

Democracy should be free from all deception and lies. Then you can talk about democracy so you can throw this pathetic post straight into the bin. "

Well it wasn't but it is what it is.

There's been no end of proof that shatters many of the campaign lies yet people still won't accept it so it's a moot point, democracy wins anyway

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

well not really much to discuss at the moment since when the UK leaves they will still abide with EU rules till 31st December when the transition period end

only difference is for next 11 months... the UK will have to accept all the EU rules and have no say....

if shit is going to hit fan... it will be as of 1st jan 2021

Can't wait

"Yep. Pathetic. Some people confusing the UK with Columbia. Probably never seen a ballot paper before and was confused what it meant"

That’ll be Columbia as in district of or did he mean Colombia the country.....welcome to wallys world!

belfast/holywood

Only you could get confused with that . Only you could try to make a point out of that. Situation normal really.

canterbury

Still no acceptance of the vote ..people just keep moaning and talking the country down ....I'm currently working in france and all the radio and tv talk is about a frexit vote over here ....as they doing so shit compared to the uk

"Has anyone else noticed that since the GE and now that Brexit is actually happening, the number of live threads in the politics forum has dropped considerably.

Maybe folks on here are starting to think about swinging again.

Now that just has to be a real Brexit bonus. "

Haha!

"Still no acceptance of the vote ..people just keep moaning and talking the country down ....I'm currently working in france and all the radio and tv talk is about a frexit vote over here ....as they doing so shit compared to the uk"

Oh I accept the vote. But dislike my country and it’s contents. That alright with you? Don’t quite get why you’re so bothered tbf. Bit strange in all fairness. Why should it upset you so much???

"Yes Rip remainders..lost and now accept a majority....or perhaps they now understand the meaning of the word"

I'm interested in this. A lot of people say things like "remainers lost....."

Are you talking about remain voters, or remain politicians?

If you're talking politicians and people who campaigned to remain. Yes. They lost.

If you're talking remain voters, then indeed they are on the losing side, along with leave voters. We've all lost.

The real divide in the UK is between the 0.001% who are set to be even richer and more powerful. And everyone else who are on course for a tougher time.

The fact that the 0.001% so easily convinced so many people to vote for their interests over their own, is nothing to be proud of.

If you're talking politicians and people who campaigned to remain. Yes. They lost.

If you're talking remain voters, then indeed they are on the losing side, along with leave voters. We've all lost.

The real divide in the UK is between the 0.001% who are set to be even richer and more powerful. And everyone else who are on course for a tougher time.

The fact that the 0.001% so easily convinced so many people to vote for their interests over their own, is nothing to be proud of. "

Yeah, I don’t feel lost, or I lost. What I do feel though is grown ass men feel the need to gloat and be little me/us. How fucked up is that? And they’re not even that smart! Because they don’t matter to Boris and his mates. So yeah. I will call these people out to be racist and thick. They’re supporting people who, in real life, couldn’t give a shit about them. Weird. I find that very strange. I actually think it’s a form of psychotic behaviour. And it worries me how it’s spreading. Because people do follow behaviour. And this referendum has well and truly highlighted it. I mean look at some here, on the forums

These people are parents, grandparents ffs.

The fact that the 0.001% so easily convinced so many people to vote for their interests over their own, is nothing to be proud of.

Yeah, I don’t feel lost, or I lost. What I do feel though is grown ass men feel the need to gloat and be little me/us. How fucked up is that? And they’re not even that smart! Because they don’t matter to Boris and his mates. So yeah. I will call these people out to be racist and thick. They’re supporting people who, in real life, couldn’t give a shit about them. Weird. I find that very strange. I actually think it’s a form of psychotic behaviour. And it worries me how it’s spreading. Because people do follow behaviour. And this referendum has well and truly highlighted it. I mean look at some here, on the forums

These people are parents, grandparents ffs. "

I would say that the majority just aren't paying attention to anything except the headlines in the Daily Mail. Which is stupid behaviour, rather than actually being stupid.

But some, like the poster I was responding to are willfully ignorant.

"It’s pathetic that some people can’t grasp what democracy is."

Tell me? What is your version Democracy?

"Only you could get confused with that . Only you could try to make a point out of that. Situation normal really. "

No confusion here - just a sense of wonder

These people are parents, grandparents ffs. "

As I said on another post I do wonder at all these middle aged men and their need to express their potency

As I said on another post I do wonder at all these middle aged men and their need to express their potency "

They are having a mid life crisis . Brexit is their big chance to try and stay relevant, they want to punish the younger generations because they are jealous and scared of them .

By *pitfiremk10Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Still no acceptance of the vote ..people just keep moaning and talking the country down ....I'm currently working in france and all the radio and tv talk is about a frexit vote over here ....as they doing so shit compared to the uk"

I predicted some months ago the E U would start to collapse, France I'm told is in financial difficulty and Germany also apparently want out so is this the beginning of the end for the EU?.

As I said on another post I do wonder at all these middle aged men and their need to express their potency

They are having a mid life crisis . Brexit is their big chance to try and stay relevant, they want to punish the younger generations because they are jealous and scared of them . "

I know. Strange how they “ fought” for them but wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire!

Honestly though, I’m not the greatest fan of OAP’s. But to put a positive slant on it, I’m determined to be the BEST OAP I can be! So I thank them for that. They show me what NOT to be like

Have a great day everyone.

Well not everyone but the ones I like

Gem

canterbury

I'm middle aged to old and happy with my lot ...as for the new kids /generation...I would not piss on most of the twats ....

"Still no acceptance of the vote ..people just keep moaning and talking the country down ....I'm currently working in france and all the radio and tv talk is about a frexit vote over here ....as they doing so shit compared to the uk

I predicted some months ago the E U would start to collapse, France I'm told is in financial difficulty and Germany also apparently want out so is this the beginning of the end for the EU?."

Is this a weak attempt at trying to justify the wilful self-harm of Brexit?

Or just some confusion on your part about something some fella told you down the pub?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm middle aged to old and happy with my lot ...as for the new kids /generation...I would not piss on most of the twats ...."

Normal Brexit voter "I'm all right me me me me " rhetoric

"Still no acceptance of the vote ..people just keep moaning and talking the country down ....I'm currently working in france and all the radio and tv talk is about a frexit vote over here ....as they doing so shit compared to the uk

I predicted some months ago the E U would start to collapse, France I'm told is in financial difficulty and Germany also apparently want out so is this the beginning of the end for the EU?."

Germany apparently what out? Where did you get that information from?? And how will the collapse of the EU benefit the UK

"I'm middle aged to old and happy with my lot ...as for the new kids /generation...I would not piss on most of the twats ...."

Bitter

canterbury

Not at all bitter ...just tell truth ...shame it rattles people when your not pc but I could not give a monkey's about ya pc green climate change issue's...and remain crap ...move on remainders it's soon party time ...or go swinging more often ...

"Not at all bitter ...just tell truth ...shame it rattles people when your not pc but I could not give a monkey's about ya pc green climate change issue's...and remain crap ...move on remainders it's soon party time ...or go swinging more often ..."

But you understand why people try to engage you on this.

Either you genuinely don't give a fuck about the UK sliding backwards into some shit hole country full of pricks.

And you don't give a fuck about killing the planet.

Or, and it's a bit "or", you don't understand the implications of either of these scenarios you mentioned.

"Not at all bitter ...just tell truth ...shame it rattles people when your not pc but I could not give a monkey's about ya pc green climate change issue's...and remain crap ...move on remainders it's soon party time ...or go swinging more often ..."

Party time? Why? what is happening ??

"Not at all bitter ...just tell truth ...shame it rattles people when your not pc but I could not give a monkey's about ya pc green climate change issue's...and remain crap ...move on remainders it's soon party time ...or go swinging more often ...

Either you genuinely don't give a fuck about the UK sliding backwards into some shit hole country full of pricks.

Or, and it's a bit "or", you don't understand the implications of either of these scenarios you mentioned."

He doesn’t care or understand , he pretend he is trying to wind people up, he doesn’t stir any anger or frustration in me, just pity

Costa Blanca Spain...

OK to be honest the majority of Germans do not want out.

However there is a sizeable (and growing) rump that do.

Merkels popularity is at an all time low and support for the SPD (UK Labour party equivalent) is also at an all time low.

At the moment Germany only has a government because Merkel has jumped into bed (the so called grand coalition) with the SPD.

Think how a Labour/Tory coalition would go down in the UK.

The opposition is led by Germany's third largest party (AFD) who are Eurosceptic and often called "far" right.

Overall statistical support for EU membership is up among the whole of the EU27 since 2016

It’s also up in the UK, incidentally.

I predicted some months ago the E U would start to collapse, France I'm told is in financial difficulty and Germany also apparently want out so is this the beginning of the end for the EU?.

Overall statistical support for EU membership is up among the whole of the EU27 since 2016

It’s also up in the UK, incidentally. "

No....you cant go around saying the truth on the politics forum....its not the done thing

"Not at all bitter ...just tell truth ...shame it rattles people when your not pc but I could not give a monkey's about ya pc green climate change issue's...and remain crap ...move on remainders it's soon party time ...or go swinging more often ...

Or, and it's a bit "or", you don't understand the implications of either of these scenarios you mentioned.

He doesn’t care or understand , he pretend he is trying to wind people up, he doesn’t stir any anger or frustration in me, just pity "

You are wrong. He doesn't care because he doesn't understand it. It is the same with other leavers.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

He doesn’t care or understand , he pretend he is trying to wind people up, he doesn’t stir any anger or frustration in me, just pity

You are wrong. He doesn't care because he doesn't understand it. It is the same with other leavers. "

I dont understand why you are so against Britain leaving the eu.Going by your name you could quiet easily live inside the eu umbrella.

[Removed by poster at 21/01/20 22:16:15]

You are wrong. He doesn't care because he doesn't understand it. It is the same with other leavers. I dont understand why you are so against Britain leaving the eu.Going by your name you could quiet easily live inside the eu umbrella.

Because I am a British citizen and here my home . You understand now or you don't understand anything as usual "

He’s just politely telling you to fuck off out the UK back to Poland...

It’s a bit rich coming from someone called costa...

You are wrong. He doesn't care because he doesn't understand it. It is the same with other leavers. I dont understand why you are so against Britain leaving the eu.Going by your name you could quiet easily live inside the eu umbrella.

Because I am a British citizen and here my home . You understand now or you don't understand anything as usual

He’s just politely telling you to fuck off out the UK back to Poland...

It’s a bit rich coming from someone called costa... "

I never care what he has to say. After all, it's just the same nonsense

upton wirral

upton wirral

Germany apparently what out? Where did you get that information from?? And how will the collapse of the EU benefit the UK"

Have spoken to quite a few Germans last year and they all wanted out and admired our courage.

Germany apparently what out? Where did you get that information from?? And how will the collapse of the EU benefit the UKHave spoken to quite a few Germans last year and they all wanted out and admired our courage."

What did they say to someone who voted for Brexit. I'm sure they laughed when you finished the conversation.

Germany apparently what out? Where did you get that information from?? And how will the collapse of the EU benefit the UKHave spoken to quite a few Germans last year and they all wanted out and admired our courage."

A few Germans ?? Hahaha , conclusive evidence then

So this thread got cleaned today .Or am i breaking the first rule of politics club..

Someone go wah wah wah to a higher power..??

"So this thread got cleaned today .Or am i breaking the first rule of politics club..

Someone go wah wah wah to a higher power..??

"

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

He doesn’t care or understand , he pretend he is trying to wind people up, he doesn’t stir any anger or frustration in me, just pity "

You're suggesting his posts are disingenuous as well as false and ignorant?

That's some combo.

What programmes are you watching, because I'm not seeing anything on French TV? With regards to the French economy being shit, it grew at 0.3% in the last quarter, what did the UK economy grow by? (Clue less than that!)

Where is the magic money tree? Lol.

"Where is the magic money tree? Lol."

Johnson will desperately try to find one to hold off the economic impact for as long as possible.

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

I've noticed the doom-and-gloom merchants have died down, might have something to do with all of Project Fears nonsense getting blown out of the water... latest is 1000 financial companies are hoping to use London as a base from which to trade, kinds sinks the whole "London will lose its place in the global top 5 financial centers if Brexit happens" bullshit doesnt it?

Brecon

Germany apparently what out? Where did you get that information from?? And how will the collapse of the EU benefit the UKHave spoken to quite a few Germans last year and they all wanted out and admired our courage.

A few Germans ?? Hahaha , conclusive evidence then "

When the German citizens realise how much more they as a country will have to contribute to take up the slack in the EU budget, they might think differently.

Germany apparently what out? Where did you get that information from?? And how will the collapse of the EU benefit the UKHave spoken to quite a few Germans last year and they all wanted out and admired our courage.

A few Germans ?? Hahaha , conclusive evidence then

When the German citizens realise how much more they as a country will have to contribute to take up the slack in the EU budget, they might think differently."

Hahaha, of course they will,

"I've noticed the doom-and-gloom merchants have died down, might have something to do with all of Project Fears nonsense getting blown out of the water... latest is 1000 financial companies are hoping to use London as a base from which to trade, kinds sinks the whole "London will lose its place in the global top 5 financial centers if Brexit happens" bullshit doesnt it? "

That is good news, I am sure the rest of the country are glad the London bankers will keep their high paid jobs and million pound bonuses, happy days

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I've noticed the doom-and-gloom merchants have died down, might have something to do with all of Project Fears nonsense getting blown out of the water... latest is 1000 financial companies are hoping to use London as a base from which to trade, kinds sinks the whole "London will lose its place in the global top 5 financial centers if Brexit happens" bullshit doesnt it?

That is good news, I am sure the rest of the country are glad the London bankers will keep their high paid jobs and million pound bonuses, happy days "

of corse we will aslong as they spend it here and pay there taxes happy days lol

Not everyone working in the financial sector is a millionaire London banker though

"I've noticed the doom-and-gloom merchants have died down, might have something to do with all of Project Fears nonsense getting blown out of the water... latest is 1000 financial companies are hoping to use London as a base from which to trade, kinds sinks the whole "London will lose its place in the global top 5 financial centers if Brexit happens" bullshit doesnt it?

That is good news, I am sure the rest of the country are glad the London bankers will keep their high paid jobs and million pound bonuses, happy days of corse we will aslong as they spend it here and pay there taxes happy days lol"

Yeah, it will certainly benefit people in the North East

"Not everyone working in the financial sector is a millionaire London banker though "

That is true, I was being facetious. Of course creating jobs is a good thing I just hope Brexit can create more jobs than it will lose

"Not everyone working in the financial sector is a millionaire London banker though

That is true, I was being facetious. Of course creating jobs is a good thing I just hope Brexit can create more jobs than it will lose "

Me too

The country seems to be getting back to normal again well whatever normal was lol

Costa Blanca Spain...

While we are talking about Germany below is an article by Alexander von Schoenburg (who usually writes for Bild)

While I'm sure the usual lefties will scoff because it's published in the Mail, it certainly gives an insight as to how many Germans are now thinking.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7927123/ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG-says-Germany-fears-Britain-face-reality-Brexit.html

Brecon

A quote from the article above...

"The alarmists of Project Fear predicted that this moment would be the cue for economic meltdown, yet just the opposite is happening. Britain seems ready to prosper.

Only on Thursday, an authoritative study by the Confederation of British Industry reported the biggest surge in confidence on record among manufacturers, with companies planning to ramp- up investment.

The CBI's report followed news earlier in the week of yet another fall in unemployment as the British jobs miracle continues.

The jobless rate in the UK is at its lowest since 1974, while employment, at 33 million, is at its highest-ever level.

Particularly striking is the dramatic growth in self-employment to more than five million, a sure indicator of an enterprising economy.

The welcome jobs news comes against a backdrop of a rising pound, widely available affordable credit, a resurgence in the property market and a significant fall in Government borrowing.

Britain looks like it can manage well without the EU. But can the EU manage without Britain?"

Those who peddled "Project Fear" should hang their heads in shame!

Costa Blanca Spain...

The other thing that I've noticed recently (since 12th December really) is that the rhetoric from the EU has changed considerably.

From the "you will do what we say or be punished" that we've listened to for over 3 years, to the "let's sit down and do a deal" that seems to be the noises coming out of Brussels and Berlin lately.

Maybe it has something to do with all the Quislings being turfed out of parliament last month.

canterbury

Oh no they are still deaf dumb and blind ....we will be great again and all the doomsters can swivel

"A quote from the article above...

"The alarmists of Project Fear predicted that this moment would be the cue for economic meltdown, yet just the opposite is happening. Britain seems ready to prosper.

Only on Thursday, an authoritative study by the Confederation of British Industry reported the biggest surge in confidence on record among manufacturers, with companies planning to ramp- up investment.

The CBI's report followed news earlier in the week of yet another fall in unemployment as the British jobs miracle continues.

The jobless rate in the UK is at its lowest since 1974, while employment, at 33 million, is at its highest-ever level.

Particularly striking is the dramatic growth in self-employment to more than five million, a sure indicator of an enterprising economy.

The welcome jobs news comes against a backdrop of a rising pound, widely available affordable credit, a resurgence in the property market and a significant fall in Government borrowing.

Britain looks like it can manage well without the EU. But can the EU manage without Britain?"

Those who peddled "Project Fear" should hang their heads in shame!"

It’s easy to have high employment figure when you classify 1 hour of work per fortnight as ‘employed’

"Oh no they are still deaf dumb and blind ....we will be great again and all the doomsters can swivel "

He is back, another pearly of wisdom? When will we be ‘great’ again, feb 1st? Also, when were we last ‘great’ ??

"The other thing that I've noticed recently (since 12th December really) is that the rhetoric from the EU has changed considerably.

From the "you will do what we say or be punished" that we've listened to for over 3 years, to the "let's sit down and do a deal" that seems to be the noises coming out of Brussels and Berlin lately.

Maybe it has something to do with all the Quislings being turfed out of parliament last month. "

But the party line is still the same,

Free movement ect....

Those who peddled "Project Fear" should hang their heads in shame!"

What are you talking about, we haven’t left yet? When will the pound get back to the pre referendum level??

Costa Blanca Spain...

What are you talking about, we haven’t left yet? When will the pound get back to the pre referendum level?? "

Friday 8th April 2016 1.2366.

Wednesday 22nd Jan 2020 1.1864.

Not quite there yet but it seems to be getting close now.

What are you talking about, we haven’t left yet? When will the pound get back to the pre referendum level??

Not quite there yet but it seems to be getting close now. "

Why is still below?

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below? "

I would think there are various reasons, and the negotiations on the future trade deal will be a a part of it.

However the illustration was to show that the predicted crash into oblivion that the remoaners were touting just didn't really happen. It is no more than a wobble at best.

Why is still below?

I would think there are various reasons, and the negotiations on the future trade deal will be a a part of it.

However the illustration was to show that the predicted crash into oblivion that the remoaners were touting just didn't really happen. It is no more than a wobble at best."

We haven’t left yet

thornaby

Why is still below?

However the illustration was to show that the predicted crash into oblivion that the remoaners were touting just didn't really happen. It is no more than a wobble at best.

We haven’t left yet "

so are you saying you think there will be a crash then ? Because on another thread your saying IF things arnt going well in 15-20 yrs we can rejoin that’s a long time to wait for a crash then

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet "

Let's pick up on that point again next Saturday.

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet so are you saying you think there will be a crash then ? Because on another thread your saying IF things arnt going well in 15-20 yrs we can rejoin that’s a long time to wait for a crash then "

I don’t predict a crash, but I thought Brexit was supposed to be beneficial? The pound should get stronger than it was before the referendum? Better trade deals, £350 million to the NHS etc , how long will it take for us to see these benefits?

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Let's pick up on that point again next Saturday. "

Sure, let’s do that . Are we gauging the success of Brexit only with the strength of the pound? Just so I know for future reference

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Sure, let’s do that . Are we gauging the success of Brexit only with the strength of the pound? Just so I know for future reference "

Not at all. You mentioned the pound first. Not me.

If you have questions on any other subject feel free to ask.

Must admit that I thought someone would have picked me up on what, to the unknowing eye, would appear to be a bit selective in my earlier post.

Be careful though, I have the answer more than ready.

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Let's pick up on that point again next Saturday. "

Next Saturday we still have to oblige with all EU regs. We’re essentially a member without a say until December 31st.

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Sure, let’s do that . Are we gauging the success of Brexit only with the strength of the pound? Just so I know for future reference

Must admit that I thought someone would have picked me up on what, to the unknowing eye, would appear to be a bit selective in my earlier post.

Be careful though, I have the answer more than ready. "

Do you. I suppose now we have had 10 years of Tory rule and Brexit is about to happen you will return and live here? When you do I will take more notice of what you are saying

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Do you. I suppose now we have had 10 years of Tory rule and Brexit is about to happen you will return and live here? When you do I will take more notice of what you are saying "

As always you chuck in that old Chestnut when you have nothing constructive left to say.

Quite sad really.

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Do you. I suppose now we have had 10 years of Tory rule and Brexit is about to happen you will return and live here? When you do I will take more notice of what you are saying

As always you chuck in that old Chestnut when you have nothing constructive left to say.

Quite sad really."

Haha, what is sad is that you keep making comments about a country you don’t want to live in? Come back, Boris is at the wheel of the Brexit bus, the EU is dying

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

Haha, what is sad is that you keep making comments about a country you don’t want to live in? Come back, Boris is at the wheel of the Brexit bus, the EU is dying "

To be honest if I was 20 years younger and my personal circumstances were different I would love to come back.

I see post Brexit Britain as an exciting place where someone with a bit of energy and nous could make a lot of money.

These days I've still got the nous but the energy isn't quite what it was, and the Mrs (German) would probably divorce me (and that would be VERY expensive)

Oh! I'd still want to keep the holiday home in Spain though.

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

Haha, what is sad is that you keep making comments about a country you don’t want to live in? Come back, Boris is at the wheel of the Brexit bus, the EU is dying

To be honest if I was 20 years younger and my personal circumstances were different I would love to come back.

I see post Brexit Britain as an exciting place where someone with a bit of energy and nous could make a lot of money.

These days I've still got the nous but the energy isn't quite what it was, and the Mrs (German) would probably divorce me (and that would be VERY expensive)

Oh! I'd still want to keep the holiday home in Spain though. "

m

Fair enough, you stay and reap the benefits of living within the EU , obviously moving back to Britain isn’t important or financially good enough for you .

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

Oh! I'd still want to keep the holiday home in Spain though. m

Fair enough, you stay and reap the benefits of living within the EU , obviously moving back to Britain isn’t important or financially good enough for you . "

Important? It could be, but after living abroad for over 15 years (I left Blair's Britain BTW) the upheaval would be too much.

Financially good enough? I'm sure if I put my mind to it then I could do better in post Brexit Britain. However I don't really need the money so again it would be just too much trouble to gain something I don't really need.

I would add that even if I lived on Mars I am still allowed and entitled to an opinion, as much as the left would like to think that it is only their own that counts.

So I hope that now you will stick to the subject matter rather than just having little personal digs and snipes every time you run out of something useful to say.

It is becoming a bit tedious now.

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

Fair enough, you stay and reap the benefits of living within the EU , obviously moving back to Britain isn’t important or financially good enough for you .

Important? It could be, but after living abroad for over 15 years (I left Blair's Britain BTW) the upheaval would be too much.

Financially good enough? I'm sure if I put my mind to it then I could do better in post Brexit Britain. However I don't really need the money so again it would be just too much trouble to gain something I don't really need.

I would add that even if I lived on Mars I am still allowed and entitled to an opinion, as much as the left would like to think that it is only their own that counts.

So I hope that now you will stick to the subject matter rather than just having little personal digs and snipes every time you run out of something useful to say.

It is becoming a bit tedious now."

It isn’t personal, it isn’t a dig. Your personal circumstances will obviously influence your views on Brexit . unfortunately I don’t find them as credible as someone who has lived here for the last 15 years .

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

It isn’t personal, it isn’t a dig. Your personal circumstances will obviously influence your views on Brexit . unfortunately I don’t find them as credible as someone who has lived here for the last 15 years . "

Pretty much the same as I struggle to find credibility in someone who always who starts on subject then gets personal when he has nothing objective to say.

As the French say: "Vive le Difference"

So the longer someone has lived in the uk the more valuable their opinion? So you are saying we should ignore the younger generation and listen to the older generation more

[Removed by poster at 26/01/20 14:42:36]

"So the longer someone has lived in the uk the more valuable their opinion? So you are saying we should ignore the younger generation and listen to the older generation more "

No, that isn’t what I said, have another read

belfast/holywood

"So the longer someone has lived in the uk the more valuable their opinion? So you are saying we should ignore the younger generation and listen to the older generation more "

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

It isn’t personal, it isn’t a dig. Your personal circumstances will obviously influence your views on Brexit . unfortunately I don’t find them as credible as someone who has lived here for the last 15 years .

Pretty much the same as I struggle to find credibility in someone who always who starts on subject then gets personal when he has nothing objective to say.

As the French say: "Vive le Difference""

It is all about opinions , some are more valid than others .

thornaby

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

It is all about opinions , some are more valid than others . "

aslong as there all the same as yrs eh lol

Why is still below?

We haven’t left yet

Quite sad really.

It is all about opinions , some are more valid than others . aslong as there all the same as yrs eh lol"

Wouldn’t it be boring if we all had the same opinion?

canterbury

I think the time has come for some on here with pent up frustrations and keep talking bollocks, or talking the country down, to find a girlfriend to empty the sack every now and then ...May calm them down a little ...and take the tiny mind off brexit and the negative things xx

"I think the time has come for some on here with pent up frustrations and keep talking bollocks, or talking the country down, to find a girlfriend to empty the sack every now and then ...May calm them down a little ...and take the tiny mind off brexit and the negative things xx"

Jacks back, another gem, comedy gold

canterbury

At least I cheer the population of fab up ...sometimes x

"At least I cheer the population of fab up ...sometimes x"

You certainly make me laugh

» Add a new message to this topic