FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > A week today we break free from oppression

A week today we break free from oppression

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who's excited then with one week to go

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We voted Leave and whilst the 31st of Jan is extremely significant the most important date by far is the 31st of Dec when, fingers crossed the methodology of our actual departure will be finalised.

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Break free from oppression? Under the same Tory government that gave us years of pointless, ideologically-driven austerity? Yeah right. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

"Who's excited then with one week to go "

In one weeks time we become subject to all EU regulation with no say in its creation.

"We voted Leave and whilst the 31st of Jan is extremely significant the most important date by far is the 31st of Dec when, fingers crossed the methodology of our actual departure will be finalised."

This is my biggest concern - we leave and nothing changes - the daily Mail and the Rees-Moggite imbeciles will say ‘see, we told you it would be fine’

The end of the transition period is where Brexit dreams meet reality.

From whose oppression?

"From whose oppression?"

They don’t know. Rees-Mogg and Farage haven’t told them.

this will take years to sort out and a lot of problems will arise the USA will try to bully the shite out of the U.K. once we are just on e small country again

"From whose oppression?

They don’t know. Rees-Mogg and Farage haven’t told them."

I expected that

"From whose oppression?

They don’t know. Rees-Mogg and Farage haven’t told them."

Boris told them something but he lied as usual

"

This is my biggest concern - we leave and nothing changes - the daily Mail and the Rees-Moggite imbeciles will say ‘see, we told you it would be fine’

The end of the transition period is where Brexit dreams meet reality. "

IMHO if on that fateful morning in June 2016 16.1 million folk got out of bed and shrugged their shoulders stoically in acceptance of the Leave vote AND the 600 plus MP's in the HoC joined together to deliver on the promise they made to honour the ref result we would have left the EU in June 2018 with a perfectly good deal that suited both the EU and the UK.

The fact that that never happened is why we are in the terrible position we are.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Next week will be a sad day. I have not seen any oppression from our European friends.

The ones who will loose will be there jobs when firms start to move out to Europe. It will only realised when Nissan move out. And other large companies.

Boris Johnson sells of the NHS to America.

"

IMHO if on that fateful morning in June 2016 16.1 million folk got out of bed and shrugged their shoulders stoically in acceptance of the Leave vote AND the 600 plus MP's in the HoC joined together to deliver on the promise they made to honour the ref result we would have left the EU in June 2018 with a perfectly good deal that suited both the EU and the UK.

The fact that that never happened is why we are in the terrible position we are."

Why didn’t we leave in 2018, T May have a majority in parliament??

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Next week will be a sad day. I have not seen any oppression from our European friends.

The ones who will loose will be there jobs when firms start to move out to Europe. It will only realised when Nissan move out. And other large companies.

Boris Johnson sells of the NHS to America. "

is that also when we will see troops on the streets and flights grounded food shortages ppl dying from no medicine just some of the shite posted on here from remainers get a grip guys

"

The fact that that never happened is why we are in the terrible position we are."

Boris's deal is perfect and beautiful. He said that. He lied to you again?

I'm sure he was lying again

"Next week will be a sad day. I have not seen any oppression from our European friends.

Boris Johnson sells of the NHS to America. is that also when we will see troops on the streets and flights grounded food shortages ppl dying from no medicine just some of the shite posted on here from remainers get a grip guys "

When will the NHS get £350 million a week, when are we getting an ‘amazing ‘ deal? Why has it taken so long to make the ‘easiest’ deal ever?

"

Theresa May had a majority and a deal. Why did we not leave with it?

Also just because a vote goes against you to doesn’t mean you have to immediately support the result. I will always believe that leaving the EU is a stupid idea. It’s all on the tories and brexiters to own it.

"From whose oppression?"

The EU's, well, that's what the leavers say

"From whose oppression?

The EU's, well, that's what the leavers say "

Mostly they don't know what they are talking about

"From whose oppression?

The EU's, well, that's what the leavers say

Mostly they don't know what they are talking about "

I'd have to agree with you but it's their democratic right

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"

Yawn. Always someone else's fault.

[Removed by poster at 24/01/20 14:43:08]

"

Also just because a vote goes against you to doesn’t mean you have to immediately support the result. I will always believe that leaving the EU is a stupid idea. It’s all on the tories and brexiters to own it.

"

Mrs May might well have had a seat majority but she had no majority of MP's in favour of honouring their commitments made prior to the Ref in 2016.

In the election in December the Sinn Fein candidate in Fermanagh, South Tyrone won with a majority of 57. The opposition candidates accepted that democratically arrived at decision with good grace and with not one single utterance of 'they didn't know what they voted for' or 'they lied to win' or 'we demand a peoples vote as it was so close' etc etc etc........

"

Mrs May might well have had a seat majority but she had no majority of MP's in favour of honouring their commitments made prior to the Ref in 2016.

In the election in December the Sinn Fein candidate in Fermanagh, South Tyrone won with a majority of 57. The opposition candidates accepted that democratically arrived at decision with good grace and with not one single utterance of 'they didn't know what they voted for' or 'they lied to win' or 'we demand a peoples vote as it was so close' etc etc etc........"

But will they now get on board and approve everything that MP says and does, or will they continue to state their own beliefs and argue?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm looking forward to next week. Already the country feels more positive. The UK will be able to prosper, make its own rules and regulations and be in control of its own destiny.

"I'm looking forward to next week. Already the country feels more positive. The UK will be able to prosper, make its own rules and regulations and be in control of its own destiny. "

All in Boris's hands now

"I'm looking forward to next week. Already the country feels more positive. The UK will be able to prosper, make its own rules and regulations and be in control of its own destiny. "

Yeah, no excuses, no one to blame, how long do you think it will take for us to ‘proper’??

"

In the election in December the Sinn Fein candidate in Fermanagh, South Tyrone won with a majority of 57. The opposition candidates accepted that democratically arrived at decision with good grace and with not one single utterance of 'they didn't know what they voted for' or 'they lied to win' or 'we demand a peoples vote as it was so close' etc etc etc........"

Irrelevant and a bad comparison. I will ask you one simple question, if the vote was 52-48 in favour of remain would farage and the rest of his gang have kept quiet and accepted the result in good grace ?

"

But will they now get on board and approve everything that MP says and does, or will they continue to state their own beliefs and argue?

"

Nope, but they also won't spend the next 5 years exploring every possible way to overturn that democratically arrived at result.

They will spend 5 years trying to improve their own 'cases' for the next election but they will and clearly have accepted the outcome of the last one.

"

Irrelevant and a bad comparison. I will ask you one simple question, if the vote was 52-48 in favour of remain would farage and the rest of his gang have kept quiet and accepted the result in good grace ? "

Nope, but with the vast majority of MP's in favour of Remaining his and his gangs complaints would have not only fallen on deaf ears but he and his gang would have been powerless to do anything other than whine.

Cameron and the Remain campaign posted a leaflet through every door in the country telling us that what ever the outcome the Gov would implement that decision and then reneged on that in the most spectacular fashion.

If Remain had won this matter would never ever have been allowed to resurface.

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

That's great, but personally it's the UK rules and regulations I'm most fearful of.

My prediction. Nothing will happen that wouldn't have happened whether the UK left the EU or not. Everything slightly bad that happens will be blamed on Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Everything slightly good that happens will be attributed to Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Life will go on, little will change, taxes will go up as they always do and idiots will still argue about whose fault it is without actually doing anything significant.

thornaby

"

In the election in December the Sinn Fein candidate in Fermanagh, South Tyrone won with a majority of 57. The opposition candidates accepted that democratically arrived at decision with good grace and with not one single utterance of 'they didn't know what they voted for' or 'they lied to win' or 'we demand a peoples vote as it was so close' etc etc etc........

Irrelevant and a bad comparison. I will ask you one simple question, if the vote was 52-48 in favour of remain would farage and the rest of his gang have kept quiet and accepted the result in good grace ? "

good grace lmfao you mean like you atleast you’ve accepted the result no one can call you a moaning twat who’s sobbed for over 3yrs

There is nothing to get excited about ! A decision to leave an European Union that the UK has contributed to enormously for almost 50 years both politically and financialy .. Its like walking away from the House you have built thinking you would be better of in a Tent !!

thornaby

"There is nothing to get excited about ! A decision to leave an European Union that the UK has contributed to enormously for almost 50 years both politically and financialy .. Its like walking away from the House you have built thinking you would be better of in a Tent !! "
think I prefer the falling of a cliff one

"

Nope, but they also won't spend the next 5 years exploring every possible way to overturn that democratically arrived at result.

They will spend 5 years trying to improve their own 'cases' for the next election but they will and clearly have accepted the outcome of the last one."

You’re so nearly there now, this is positive. Now what’s the problem with that scenario when it’s a referendum on question and not an election?

"My prediction. Nothing will happen that wouldn't have happened whether the UK left the EU or not. Everything slightly bad that happens will be blamed on Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Everything slightly good that happens will be attributed to Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Life will go on, little will change, taxes will go up as they always do and idiots will still argue about whose fault it is without actually doing anything significant. "

Quite a fair summary in the main

This will take decades to sort out. First we need a political class that is capable.

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

"There is nothing to get excited about ! A decision to leave an European Union that the UK has contributed to enormously for almost 50 years both politically and financialy .. Its like walking away from the House you have built thinking you would be better of in a Tent !! "

Yeah just think of that.

What will the eu do without that amount of money coming in.

They cant increase it from countrys with very little.

Why do you think the eu didnt want us to leave?

Part of it will be the massive amount of money no longer being there.

If/when we prosper (and look at the employment rates, how france, spain, italy etc cant afford its ongoing pension schemes without change etc) more countrys will follow suit.

Why be on a sinking ship when you can sail tour container ship to the us, china, etc

But instead of looking for the negatice aspects of things, how about we all look for the positive and make it happen for the best.

After all, the stronger we as a country are, the better we all do

"There is nothing to get excited about ! A decision to leave an European Union that the UK has contributed to enormously for almost 50 years both politically and financialy .. Its like walking away from the House you have built thinking you would be better of in a Tent !!

Yeah just think of that.

If/when we prosper (and look at the employment rates, how france, spain, italy etc cant afford its ongoing pension schemes without change etc) more countrys will follow suit.

Why be on a sinking ship when you can sail tour container ship to the us, china, etc

But instead of looking for the negatice aspects of things, how about we all look for the positive and make it happen for the best.

"

You have really fallen for the bollocks . Everything you have said is nothing but pub talk . Theres no unity in the UK , its divided , broken , there is no way im ever getting on board with the little Englander mentality and many more like me , which kinda blows a big fat hole in your united we stand theory

thornaby

"There is nothing to get excited about ! A decision to leave an European Union that the UK has contributed to enormously for almost 50 years both politically and financialy .. Its like walking away from the House you have built thinking you would be better of in a Tent !!

Yeah just think of that.

You have really fallen for the bollocks . Everything you have said is nothing but pub talk . Theres no unity in the UK , its divided , broken , there is no way im ever getting on board with the little Englander mentality and many more like me , which kinda blows a big fat hole in your united we stand theory "

can you explain what a little englander is exactly ?

"My prediction. Nothing will happen that wouldn't have happened whether the UK left the EU or not. Everything slightly bad that happens will be blamed on Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Everything slightly good that happens will be attributed to Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Life will go on, little will change, taxes will go up as they always do and idiots will still argue about whose fault it is without actually doing anything significant. "

So what was the point of leaving then ?

Yeah just think of that.

You have really fallen for the bollocks . Everything you have said is nothing but pub talk . Theres no unity in the UK , its divided , broken , there is no way im ever getting on board with the little Englander mentality and many more like me , which kinda blows a big fat hole in your united we stand theory can you explain what a little englander is exactly ?"

Straight from Wikipedia

"Little Englander" was a phrase applied to a wing of the Liberal Party opposed to expansion of the British Empire in the 19th century, who wanted "England" to extend no further than the borders of the United Kingdom. In the late 18th and 19th centuries the term was used for those Englishmen who looked upon the colonies of the British Empire as economically burdensome and wished the granting of self-government on them all as quickly as possible.

"We voted Leave and whilst the 31st of Jan is extremely significant the most important date by far is the 31st of Dec when, fingers crossed the methodology of our actual departure will be finalised.

This is my biggest concern - we leave and nothing changes "

I think so too, they will leave on the day but still remain in the eu, but way down the pecking order with less to say and lose some privileges.

Stockport

Yeah just think of that.

You have really fallen for the bollocks . Everything you have said is nothing but pub talk . Theres no unity in the UK , its divided , broken , there is no way im ever getting on board with the little Englander mentality and many more like me , which kinda blows a big fat hole in your united we stand theory "

Haha

Do you do stand up as well?

thornaby

Yeah just think of that.

You have really fallen for the bollocks . Everything you have said is nothing but pub talk . Theres no unity in the UK , its divided , broken , there is no way im ever getting on board with the little Englander mentality and many more like me , which kinda blows a big fat hole in your united we stand theory can you explain what a little englander is exactly ?

Straight from Wikipedia

"Little Englander" was a phrase applied to a wing of the Liberal Party opposed to expansion of the British Empire in the 19th century, who wanted "England" to extend no further than the borders of the United Kingdom. In the late 18th and 19th centuries the term was used for those Englishmen who looked upon the colonies of the British Empire as economically burdensome and wished the granting of self-government on them all as quickly as possible."

well that’s what I must be I’m opposed to the expansion of the British empire so what is the name for ppl who aren’t opposed the expansion of the British empire ?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Yeah just think of that.

You have really fallen for the bollocks . Everything you have said is nothing but pub talk . Theres no unity in the UK , its divided , broken , there is no way im ever getting on board with the little Englander mentality and many more like me , which kinda blows a big fat hole in your united we stand theory can you explain what a little englander is exactly ?

Straight from Wikipedia

"Little Englander" was a phrase applied to a wing of the Liberal Party opposed to expansion of the British Empire in the 19th century, who wanted "England" to extend no further than the borders of the United Kingdom. In the late 18th and 19th centuries the term was used for those Englishmen who looked upon the colonies of the British Empire as economically burdensome and wished the granting of self-government on them all as quickly as possible. well that’s what I must be I’m opposed to the expansion of the British empire so what is the name for ppl who aren’t opposed the expansion of the British empire ?"

The only empire that wants to expand is the eu empire.

Stockport

Yeah just think of that.

Straight from Wikipedia

"Little Englander" was a phrase applied to a wing of the Liberal Party opposed to expansion of the British Empire in the 19th century, who wanted "England" to extend no further than the borders of the United Kingdom. In the late 18th and 19th centuries the term was used for those Englishmen who looked upon the colonies of the British Empire as economically burdensome and wished the granting of self-government on them all as quickly as possible. well that’s what I must be I’m opposed to the expansion of the British empire so what is the name for ppl who aren’t opposed the expansion of the British empire ?"

What British Empire?

If your looking at Empires, think Europe, China, Russia, USA (to an actual less extent)

Look at who is funding Africa for instance. That is Empire building.

Britain stopped being an Empire along time ago, and never will be again.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Yeah just think of that.

"

That’s far too sensible for this doom laden negative , cup half empty forum.

Yeah just think of that.

That’s far too sensible for this doom laden negative , cup half empty forum. "

How are you celebrating on the 31st?

[Removed by poster at 25/01/20 14:38:51]

near ipswich

Yeah just think of that.

How are you celebrating on the 31st? "

Personally i shall be having a beer or two on the friday night when i get back from spain.

Yeah just think of that.

Straight from Wikipedia

God knows, do you have google??

Stockport

I won't be celebrating anything.

It's just another day.

Oh other than being my pay day, that i will celebrate

Yeah just think of that.

How are you celebrating on the 31st? Personally i shall be having a beer or two on the friday night when i get back from spain. "

Seems a bit of an anti climax? Haven’t you donated to the Big Ben crowdfund page yet??

near ipswich

Yeah just think of that.

How are you celebrating on the 31st? Personally i shall be having a beer or two on the friday night when i get back from spain.

Seems a bit of an anti climax? Haven’t you donated to the Big Ben crowdfund page yet?? "

No mate im not worried about that to far away for me to hear it.

Yeah just think of that.

How are you celebrating on the 31st? Personally i shall be having a beer or two on the friday night when i get back from spain.

Seems a bit of an anti climax? Haven’t you donated to the Big Ben crowdfund page yet?? No mate im not worried about that to far away for me to hear it. "

Party pooper, what about all the jubilant crowds in London, don’t they deserve to here Big Ben on this momentum day? I have heard that Farage has splashed £25 on fireworks

near ipswich

Yeah just think of that.

Seems a bit of an anti climax? Haven’t you donated to the Big Ben crowdfund page yet?? No mate im not worried about that to far away for me to hear it.

Party pooper, what about all the jubilant crowds in London, don’t they deserve to here Big Ben on this momentum day? I have heard that Farage has splashed £25 on fireworks "

"hear" yes of course if they want to but dont expect me to pay for it.

thornaby

Yeah just think of that.

Straight from Wikipedia

"Little Englander" was a phrase applied to a wing of the Liberal Party opposed to expansion of the British Empire in the 19th century, who wanted "England" to extend no further than the borders of the United Kingdom. In the late 18th and 19th centuries the term was used for those Englishmen who looked upon the colonies of the British Empire as economically burdensome and wished the granting of self-government on them all as quickly as possible. well that’s what I must be I’m opposed to the expansion of the British empire so what is the name for ppl who aren’t opposed the expansion of the British empire ?

God knows, do you have google?? "

I got bored reading them all far to many diffrent meanings tbh it’s not much of a slur iv had way worse on here lol

Yeah just think of that.

Straight from Wikipedia

"Little Englander" was a phrase applied to a wing of the Liberal Party opposed to expansion of the British Empire in the 19th century, who wanted "England" to extend no further than the borders of the United Kingdom. In the late 18th and 19th centuries the term was used for those Englishmen who looked upon the colonies of the British Empire as economically burdensome and wished the granting of self-government on them all as quickly as possible. well that’s what I must be I’m opposed to the expansion of the British empire so what is the name for ppl who aren’t opposed the expansion of the British empire ?

God knows, do you have google?? I got bored reading them all far to many diffrent meanings tbh it’s not much of a slur iv had way worse on here lol"

Fair enough. I suppose it is only a slur when you compare it with your outlook , ambitions and opportunities in life?? The world is a big exciting place, don’t be scared to visit it sometime

Spiffing, what-what, toodle pip eh, what oh and don’t mention the war. It’s going to be fucking marvellous...

Yeah just think of that.

Seems a bit of an anti climax? Haven’t you donated to the Big Ben crowdfund page yet?? No mate im not worried about that to far away for me to hear it.

Party pooper, what about all the jubilant crowds in London, don’t they deserve to here Big Ben on this momentum day? I have heard that Farage has splashed £25 on fireworks "hear" yes of course if they want to but dont expect me to pay for it. "

Thank you for the correction . You could listen to Big Ben and watch the fireworks live via the Brexit Parties web page? It is our day of freedom, sovereignty, taking back control surely you can make more of an effort ?

thornaby

Yeah just think of that.

Straight from Wikipedia

God knows, do you have google?? I got bored reading them all far to many diffrent meanings tbh it’s not much of a slur iv had way worse on here lol

Fair enough. I suppose it is only a slur when you compare it with your outlook , ambitions and opportunities in life?? The world is a big exciting place, don’t be scared to visit it sometime "

I’d of voted remain if I was scared of the big wide world lol

Yeah just think of that.

Straight from Wikipedia

God knows, do you have google?? I got bored reading them all far to many diffrent meanings tbh it’s not much of a slur iv had way worse on here lol

Fair enough. I suppose it is only a slur when you compare it with your outlook , ambitions and opportunities in life?? The world is a big exciting place, don’t be scared to visit it sometime I’d of voted remain if I was scared of the big wide world lol"

Of course you would.

"My prediction. Nothing will happen that wouldn't have happened whether the UK left the EU or not. Everything slightly bad that happens will be blamed on Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Everything slightly good that happens will be attributed to Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Life will go on, little will change, taxes will go up as they always do and idiots will still argue about whose fault it is without actually doing anything significant.

So what was the point of leaving then ? "

So that all the morons could go around beating their chests thinking they're doing good for their country. It's all an illusion - neither side has done anything to be proud of.

"The only empire that wants to expand is the eu empire. "

That's true

I'm just looking forward to just getting on with Brexit now and seeing how we fare in the coming 3 to 5 years.

"My prediction. Nothing will happen that wouldn't have happened whether the UK left the EU or not. Everything slightly bad that happens will be blamed on Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Everything slightly good that happens will be attributed to Brexit and "I told you so" will be the most popular phrase on the internet. Life will go on, little will change, taxes will go up as they always do and idiots will still argue about whose fault it is without actually doing anything significant.

So that all the morons could go around beating their chests thinking they're doing good for their country. It's all an illusion - neither side has done anything to be proud of."

Could be worse, we could have voted for Trump, now that would have been stupid

"

Could be worse, we could have voted for Trump, now that would have been stupid "

We've voted in our own mini Trump

"

We've voted in our own mini Trump "

Sort off, Boris isn’t great but compared to Trumo he is the messiah

"

If Remain had won this matter would never ever have been allowed to resurface."

The vote to join had a larger mandate (as a percentage) than the vote to leave, and Farage & the eurosceptics didn’t shut up for 40 years.

I fail to see why remainers should have to.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As a member of the EU we had control and input to the changes. If there was oppression, it was due to democracy in action but perhaps you didn't participate fully or didn't like how our sovereign parliament implemented its changes democratically either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

Sort off, Boris isn’t great but compared to Trumo he is the messiah "

He doesn't set a high bar though

near ipswich

"

The vote to join had a larger mandate (as a percentage) than the vote to leave, and Farage & the eurosceptics didn’t shut up for 40 years.

I fail to see why remainers should have to."

Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists.

thornaby

So that all the morons could go around beating their chests thinking they're doing good for their country. It's all an illusion - neither side has done anything to be proud of.

Could be worse, we could have voted for Trump, now that would have been stupid "

or corbyn now that would of been stupid

"

I fail to see why remainers should have to.Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists. "

It won’t take 40 years, I reckon it will be about 15-20

thornaby

"

I fail to see why remainers should have to.Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists.

It won’t take 40 years, I reckon it will be about 15-20"

that’s if it’s worth joining by then

"

I fail to see why remainers should have to.Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists.

It won’t take 40 years, I reckon it will be about 15-20 that’s if it’s worth joining by then "

We will see, I doubt most of the leave voters will be around to see it anyway so I wouldn’t worry

"

Sort off, Boris isn’t great but compared to Trumo he is the messiah "

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy

Hopefully people get that

thornaby

"

It won’t take 40 years, I reckon it will be about 15-20 that’s if it’s worth joining by then

We will see, I doubt most of the leave voters will be around to see it anyway so I wouldn’t worry "

its not the leavers who are worrying it’s yr lot lol

"Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists. "

Oh it won’t take that long. 53% of votes in the 2019 general election were for second referendum supporting parties, and most polls indicate remain would win a repeat referendum circa 55/45 now.

I suspect we’ll revisit the issue in the next 15 years.

thornaby

"Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists.

Oh it won’t take that long. 53% of votes in the 2019 general election were for second referendum supporting parties, and most polls indicate remain would win a repeat referendum circa 55/45 now.

"

maybe your right but maybe the eu by then isn’t that attractive by then

"Well see how we get on and if its no good in 40 years have a referendum to re join if it still exists.

"

Comedy gold, the UK voted 5 times for Brexit and still Remain voters peddle the daft myth about ‘the majority to Remain’

In 2015 Cameron was elected with a majority because he promised a Referendum.

In 2016 1.3 million more people voted to Leave the EU than Remain in the EU.

In the 2017 election approximately 84% of those who voted cast their votes for party’s promising to deliver on Brexit.

In 2019 the newly formed Brexit party almost swept the boards in the EU elections.

Last December the Tory party, the only party promising to deliver Brexit altered the political landscape in the UK in a manner never seen before. Lifelong Labour voters and constituencies turning blue and the likes of Anna Soubrey being kicked in to touch.

5 times the country has spoken and voiced its opinion loudly and clearly yet still some folk think there is a will in the country to Remain....

Comedy gold, the UK voted 5 times for Brexit and still Remain voters peddle the daft myth about ‘the majority to Remain’

In the 2017 election approximately 84% of those who voted cast their votes for party’s promising to deliver on Brexit.

In 2019 the newly formed Brexit party almost swept the boards in the EU elections.

Last December the Tory party, the only party promising to deliver Brexit altered the political landscape in the UK in a manner never seen before. Lifelong Labour voters and constituencies turning blue and the likes of Anna Soubrey being kicked in to touch.

5 times the country has spoken and voiced its opinion loudly and clearly yet still some folk think there is a will in the country to Remain...."

How many people voted for the conservatives in the last election?

Did people only vote for Cameron because he promised a referendum?

We joined the EU in 1975 with a 67-33% spilt we are leaving the EU in 2020 with a 52-48 split. We will rejoin in the next 15-20 years but don’t worry, most of the leave voters won’t be around by then

5 times the country has spoken and voiced its opinion loudly and clearly yet still some folk think there is a will in the country to Remain....

We joined the EU in 1975 with a 67-33% spilt we are leaving the EU in 2020 with a 52-48 split. We will rejoin in the next 15-20 years but don’t worry, most of the leave voters won’t be around by then

"

Many of those who voted in 75 aren’t around now so your point is?

I deal with facts not suppositions...

belfast/holywood

How big is Corbyn’s allotment ?

What does Dianne abbot sound like when d*unk?

Is Jacob reees mogg really that inept around the mansion?

Whatever happened to whatshername..... ex leader of the Lib Dem’s,?

I deal with facts not suppositions..."

Exactly, that is my point , try and keep up .

Exactly, that is my point , try and keep up . "

And your facts are?

thornaby

"

so we will rejoin in 15-20 years not long to wait to see if yr right then lmao

Exactly, that is my point , try and keep up .

And your facts are?"

That things change, people’s opinions change, older voters are more likely to die than younger voters . That older voters were more likely to vote leave and younger voters to vote remain?

so we will rejoin in 15-20 years not long to wait to see if yr right then lmao"

Yes, why not? If Brexit isn’t a success, then why wouldn’t we want to rejoin? Did you vote in 1975?

thornaby

Yes, why not? If Brexit isn’t a success, then why wouldn’t we want to rejoin? Did you vote in 1975?"

IF brexit isn’t a success are you changing yr tune already then lol

Yes, why not? If Brexit isn’t a success, then why wouldn’t we want to rejoin? Did you vote in 1975?IF brexit isn’t a success are you changing yr tune already then lol"

No, if Brexit is as amazing as we have been promised then we won’t rejoin the EU. How will Brexit improve you life on Feb 1st?

thornaby

Yes, why not? If Brexit isn’t a success, then why wouldn’t we want to rejoin? Did you vote in 1975?IF brexit isn’t a success are you changing yr tune already then lol

No, if Brexit is as amazing as we have been promised then we won’t rejoin the EU. How will Brexit improve you life on Feb 1st? "

never seen anything claiming it was going to be amazing like like iv posted on here dozens of times my life yr life most ppls life’s won’t change we won’t notice a diffrence trade deals don’t tend to be done on swinging sites and guess what troops won’t be on the streets planes won’t be grounded food and medicines will still be on shelves and ppl will find something else to bitch about well maybe not everyone there’s always ONE lol

Yes, why not? If Brexit isn’t a success, then why wouldn’t we want to rejoin? Did you vote in 1975?IF brexit isn’t a success are you changing yr tune already then lol

No, if Brexit is as amazing as we have been promised then we won’t rejoin the EU. How will Brexit improve you life on Feb 1st? never seen anything claiming it was going to be amazing like like iv posted on here dozens of times my life yr life most ppls life’s won’t change we won’t notice a diffrence trade deals don’t tend to be done on swinging sites and guess what troops won’t be on the streets planes won’t be grounded food and medicines will still be on shelves and ppl will find something else to bitch about well maybe not everyone there’s always ONE lol"

What is the point then? You voted for something that won’t change anything?

thornaby

No, if Brexit is as amazing as we have been promised then we won’t rejoin the EU. How will Brexit improve you life on Feb 1st? never seen anything claiming it was going to be amazing like like iv posted on here dozens of times my life yr life most ppls life’s won’t change we won’t notice a diffrence trade deals don’t tend to be done on swinging sites and guess what troops won’t be on the streets planes won’t be grounded food and medicines will still be on shelves and ppl will find something else to bitch about well maybe not everyone there’s always ONE lol

What is the point then? You voted for something that won’t change anything? "

you voted for something that won’t change anything that was remain

No, if Brexit is as amazing as we have been promised then we won’t rejoin the EU. How will Brexit improve you life on Feb 1st? never seen anything claiming it was going to be amazing like like iv posted on here dozens of times my life yr life most ppls life’s won’t change we won’t notice a diffrence trade deals don’t tend to be done on swinging sites and guess what troops won’t be on the streets planes won’t be grounded food and medicines will still be on shelves and ppl will find something else to bitch about well maybe not everyone there’s always ONE lol

What is the point then? You voted for something that won’t change anything? you voted for something that won’t change anything that was remain "

Not really , I was worried that Brexit would create uncertainty and in the short to medium term the country would suffer financially and it would leave to the break up of the UK. I also like being European , I like the freedom of movement , I voted remain to stop these things from being removed .

thornaby

What is the point then? You voted for something that won’t change anything? you voted for something that won’t change anything that was remain

Not really , I was worried that Brexit would create uncertainty and in the short to medium term the country would suffer financially and it would leave to the break up of the UK. I also like being European , I like the freedom of movement , I voted remain to stop these things from being removed . "

we will still be in Europe just not the eu you will still be able to travel to eu country’s as for the break up of the uk that’s only a matter of time it doesn’t worry me I’d give back the falklands and Gibraltar in a blink and you will still be European and can still vote for the uk in the Eurovision Song Contest lol

What is the point then? You voted for something that won’t change anything? you voted for something that won’t change anything that was remain

Not really , I was worried that Brexit would create uncertainty and in the short to medium term the country would suffer financially and it would leave to the break up of the UK. I also like being European , I like the freedom of movement , I voted remain to stop these things from being removed . we will still be in Europe just not the eu you will still be able to travel to eu country’s as for the break up of the uk that’s only a matter of time it doesn’t worry me I’d give back the falklands and Gibraltar in a blink and you will still be European and can still vote for the uk in the Eurovision Song Contest lol"

We fought a war for the Falklands, people died? They want to be British, as do the people of Gibraltar. Yes we are still European and in a few years it won’t be embarrassing for me to admit I am British when in Europe . I will be glad when everything gets sorted and we can start reaping the huge benefits that Brexit will bring.

Not really , I was worried that Brexit would create uncertainty and in the short to medium term the country would suffer financially and it would leave to the break up of the UK. I also like being European , I like the freedom of movement , I voted remain to stop these things from being removed . we will still be in Europe just not the eu you will still be able to travel to eu country’s as for the break up of the uk that’s only a matter of time it doesn’t worry me I’d give back the falklands and Gibraltar in a blink and you will still be European and can still vote for the uk in the Eurovision Song Contest lol

We fought a war for the Falklands, people died? They want to be British, as do the people of Gibraltar. Yes we are still European and in a few years it won’t be embarrassing for me to admit I am British when in Europe . I will be glad when everything gets sorted and we can start reaping the huge benefits that Brexit will bring. "

You applaud the Falkland Islanders and Gibralterians for there desire to retain their British identity yet denigrate the Leave voters who wanted the same thing? How bizarre...

Not really , I was worried that Brexit would create uncertainty and in the short to medium term the country would suffer financially and it would leave to the break up of the UK. I also like being European , I like the freedom of movement , I voted remain to stop these things from being removed . we will still be in Europe just not the eu you will still be able to travel to eu country’s as for the break up of the uk that’s only a matter of time it doesn’t worry me I’d give back the falklands and Gibraltar in a blink and you will still be European and can still vote for the uk in the Eurovision Song Contest lol

We fought a war for the Falklands, people died? They want to be British, as do the people of Gibraltar. Yes we are still European and in a few years it won’t be embarrassing for me to admit I am British when in Europe . I will be glad when everything gets sorted and we can start reaping the huge benefits that Brexit will bring.

You applaud the Falkland Islanders and Gibralterians for there desire to retain their British identity yet denigrate the Leave voters who wanted the same thing? How bizarre... "

No I didn’t, the previous poster was very flippant towards the Falklands and Gibraltar’s right to be British? Do you support that stance? I thought this was about democracy, isn’t it their democratic right to choose? How will you leaving the EU reinforce your British identity? What will change?

"

No I didn’t, the previous poster was very flippant towards the Falklands and Gibraltar’s right to be British? Do you support that stance? I thought this was about democracy, isn’t it their democratic right to choose? How will you leaving the EU reinforce your British identity? What will change? "

'isn't it their democratic right to choose?"

Absolutely, in the exact way that we made our democratically arrived at decision to Leave the EU.

It's nice although quite rare to see a Remain voter who fully understands how democracy works.

"

No I didn’t, the previous poster was very flippant towards the Falklands and Gibraltar’s right to be British? Do you support that stance? I thought this was about democracy, isn’t it their democratic right to choose? How will you leaving the EU reinforce your British identity? What will change?

Absolutely, in the exact way that we made our democratically arrived at decision to Leave the EU.

It's nice although quite rare to see a Remain voter who fully understands how democracy works."

Of course I know how democracy works, we voted to join in 1975, we voted to leave in 2016 would it be democratic for us to vote to join again?

" Of course I know how democracy works, we voted to join in 1975, we voted to leave in 2016 would it be democratic for us to vote to join again? "

Absolutely but considering the strength of opinion showed in the Dec 2019 GE now is probably not a good time for another Ref, imagine the levels of butthurt there would be when Leave prevail again.

"

It's nice although quite rare to see a Remain voter who fully understands how democracy works.

Of course I know how democracy works, we voted to join in 1975, we voted to leave in 2016 would it be democratic for us to vote to join again? "

Yes, once this vote has been full implemented

" Of course I know how democracy works, we voted to join in 1975, we voted to leave in 2016 would it be democratic for us to vote to join again?

Absolutely but considering the strength of opinion showed in the Dec 2019 GE now is probably not a good time for another Ref, imagine the levels of butthurt there would be when Leave prevail again. "

What percentage of the dec 2019 GE vote was in favour of parties supporting a second referendum? Just out of interest, you understand.

" Of course I know how democracy works, we voted to join in 1975, we voted to leave in 2016 would it be democratic for us to vote to join again?

Absolutely but considering the strength of opinion showed in the Dec 2019 GE now is probably not a good time for another Ref, imagine the levels of butthurt there would be when Leave prevail again.

What percentage of the dec 2019 GE vote was in favour of parties supporting a second referendum? Just out of interest, you understand."

As Boris is PM with a massive majority in the HoC clearly not enough.......

What percentage of the dec 2019 GE vote was in favour of parties supporting a second referendum? Just out of interest, you understand.

As Boris is PM with a massive majority in the HoC clearly not enough....... "

That wasn't the question

As Boris is PM with a massive majority in the HoC clearly not enough....... "

Well it was 53% of votes, as it goes. And pretty much every poll since late 2016 has said we’d vote remain in a repeat referendum of one were held.

But that’s by the by. Johnson now has to deliver the unicorns he promised. And we’ll make sure he’s not allowed to forget any of them.

"

Well it was 53% of votes, as it goes. And pretty much every poll since late 2016 has said we’d vote remain in a repeat referendum of one were held.

But that’s by the by. Johnson now has to deliver the unicorns he promised. And we’ll make sure he’s not allowed to forget any of them."

As I previously posted there have been 5 actual 'polls' since 2015 that have conclusively proved your 'polls' to be totally inaccurate.

"

But that’s by the by. Johnson now has to deliver the unicorns he promised. And we’ll make sure he’s not allowed to forget any of them.

As I previously posted there have been 5 actual 'polls' since 2015 that have conclusively proved your 'polls' to be totally inaccurate."

Except none of them were binary questions, so your claim is invalid.

"Except none of them were binary questions, so your claim is invalid.

"

Yet here we are 5 more sleeps away from our departure from the EU.....

"Except none of them were binary questions, so your claim is invalid.

Yet here we are 5 more sleeps away from our departure from the EU....."

Ah I see the problem here. You don’t understand the failings of our political system.

As you were.

"

Ah I see the problem here. You don’t understand the failings of our political system.

As you were."

How has our political system failed?

"

As you were.

How has our political system failed?"

Look at the vote share of recent elections and how it transfers to seats won.

See if you can figure it out for yourself.

"

See if you can figure it out for yourself."

In 2011 he country was asked if it wanted to change our electoral system and conclusively decided it didn't want to.

Clearly you are not happy with that democratically arrived at decision....

"

See if you can figure it out for yourself.

In 2011 he country was asked if it wanted to change our electoral system and conclusively decided it didn't want to.

Clearly you are not happy with that democratically arrived at decision...."

There are more than two types of electoral system - alternative vote is not PR.

"

There are more than two types of electoral system - alternative vote is not PR."

67.9% of those who cast their votes in 2011 voted to retain our current voting system which is all we need to know.

Hence the Dec election was not a failure as it was conducted in the manner that over two thirds of those who voted in 2011 wanted.

"

There are more than two types of electoral system - alternative vote is not PR.

67.9% of those who cast their votes in 2011 voted to retain our current voting system which is all we need to know.

Hence the Dec election was not a failure as it was conducted in the manner that over two thirds of those who voted in 2011 wanted."

And yet over half the voters supported parties in favour of a second referendum-yet won’t receive one.

The nation has never been offered full proportional representation - mainly to protect the largest two parties. FPTP is not an accurate representation of public opinion, and never has been.

Incidentally there should be no requirement to remove the Flag of Europe from any of our buildings on 31st January. Even though some will undoubtedly try to tear it down, burn it or suchlike.

That flag is the flag of the council of Europe, of which the UK will remain a part. So it should keep flying high

Does this mean yez won’t enter a song in The Eurovision this year...

"Does this mean yez won’t enter a song in The Eurovision this year..."

If our European friends want to troll the brexiters they’ll rig it so we win and have to host the competition in 2021 at our own expense.

What could be better than an evening of celebrating European inclusiveness? It should be held in somewhere Uber-Brexity. Hull or Thurrock.

"

And yet over half the voters supported parties in favour of a second referendum-yet won’t receive one.

"

If more people had wanted another Referendum then more people would have voted for parties that supported a second Referendum, the fact they didn't tells you all you need to know.

"

If more people had wanted another Referendum then more people would have voted for parties that supported a second Referendum, the fact they didn't tells you all you need to know.

"

The majority of voters in the 2019 general election did exactly that.

"

The majority of voters in the 2019 general election did exactly that. "

Not enough of them tho...

"

Not enough of them tho..."

So you accept that a majority of voters in the 2019 GE supported parties in favour of a second referendum - which they won’t get - whilst also claiming that the electoral system in the UK isn’t broken?

Cool story, bro.

I also believe that a PR system would have avoided the referendum altogether and kept us in the EU.

Farage and his cronies would have won seats, yes. And the ERG lunatics would have been proudly alongside them on any European votes - but the house would have comfortably voted down any referendum question.

"I also believe that a PR system would have avoided the referendum altogether and kept us in the EU.

Farage and his cronies would have won seats, yes. And the ERG lunatics would have been proudly alongside them on any European votes - but the house would have comfortably voted down any referendum question.

"

The house would've voted down any referendum question? That sounds super democratic

"I also believe that a PR system would have avoided the referendum altogether and kept us in the EU.

The house would've voted down any referendum question? That sounds super democratic "

And if the public disagreed they’d have been free to vote for more UKIP types to win in future.

Please don’t pretend that FPTP is more democratic than PR.

Please don't pretend that holding a second referendum before implementing the first ones result is democracy in action

"

So you accept that a majority of voters in the 2019 GE supported parties in favour of a second referendum - which they won’t get - whilst also claiming that the electoral system in the UK isn’t broken?

Cool story, bro.

"

Nope, it was conducted in the manner that the country voted for in the 2011 Ref on the subject.

The fact that it didn't deliver the result that you wanted is not an indication of failure.

"Please don't pretend that holding a second referendum before implementing the first ones result is democracy in action"

If the first one had been overruled by a later general election then it would have been. Actually overruled is a bad choice of word because leavers would still have been free to vote leave - in better knowledge of what leaving the EU actually meant.

"

Cool story, bro.

Nope, it was conducted in the manner that the country voted for in the 2011 Ref on the subject.

The fact that it didn't deliver the result that you wanted is not an indication of failure."

So you’ll accept that the majority of the 2019 general election votes went to parties supporting a second referendum? A yes or no answer will suffice.

"

So you’ll accept that the majority of the 2019 general election votes went to parties supporting a second referendum? A yes or no answer will suffice. "

Yes.

You are entitled to your opinion as much as the next person no matter how much I disagree.

I like many made an informed choice and would appreciate the other side at least acknowledging that not everyone with an opposing viewpoint to them is stupid, slow, unintelligent or generally didn't understand the question being asked. Neither side knew all the answers going in, even if the vote had gone the other way even getting to the point of referendum indicated a general unhappiness with the EU status quo.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

As we are still going to have a load of politicians in cohoots with big business, it won’t be a great liberation. They may be nearer, but anyone who thinks a British pro big business, anti worker’s rights politician is better than a European one needs to look at where reality is heading once we leave the EU.

"You are entitled to your opinion as much as the next person no matter how much I disagree.

I like many made an informed choice and would appreciate the other side at least acknowledging that not everyone with an opposing viewpoint to them is stupid, slow, unintelligent or generally didn't understand the question being asked. Neither side knew all the answers going in, even if the vote had gone the other way even getting to the point of referendum indicated a general unhappiness with the EU status quo. "

I agree there was an unhappiness with the status quo. I disagree that leaving the EU will resolve it.

One positive at least is that the tories and eurosceptics own all of this now - they can’t hide behind the EU for the failings of their own making.

Sadly the realisation will come too late for most.

belfast/holywood

The country owns it now

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Who's excited then with one week to go "

Hang on the only fact I'm aware of is I will have less rights and less freedom and more paperwork

Hmmm yey freedom

There is good news though - the new commemorative Brexit 50p coin will be released soon. Maybe some of you guys will get one in your pocket money

"Please don't pretend that holding a second referendum before implementing the first ones result is democracy in action"

Indeed it isn't.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"You are entitled to your opinion as much as the next person no matter how much I disagree.

I like many made an informed choice and would appreciate the other side at least acknowledging that not everyone with an opposing viewpoint to them is stupid, slow, unintelligent or generally didn't understand the question being asked. Neither side knew all the answers going in, even if the vote had gone the other way even getting to the point of referendum indicated a general unhappiness with the EU status quo. "

So which Brexit did you vote for?

Did you think 15m Turks were about to flood the country?

Do you think you are going to be free of EU regulation?

Did you think negotioning new trade deals would be the easiest thing in the world?

Do you think the NHS will get its £350m?

Did you vote for the dissolution of the Union?

Did you vote for paying billions in a divorce settlement that cost more than all the EU contributions combined?

You do know it won't stop immigration don't you?

"The country owns it now "

Nope. Didn’t vote for it. Spent virtually every day since the vote telling everyone it’s a bad idea. Given plenty of evidence to suggest it will harm the country, recommended tactical voting in the EU elections and 2 general elections to stop it.

Leaving the EU is a stupid idea that will harm the country, and most of all the poor and working class.

The tories and brexiters own this. They ‘won’, and now they can have it. I won’t support it in any way, shape or form.

"There is good news though - the new commemorative Brexit 50p coin will be released soon. Maybe some of you guys will get one in your pocket money "

It’s being renamed commensurate with its new value though. It’s now the Brexit 40p coin.

"

Of course I know how democracy works, we voted to join in 1975, we voted to leave in 2016 would it be democratic for us to vote to join again?

Yes, once this vote has been full implemented"

I agree. I am not pushing for a second referendum but it Brexit doesn’t deliver on its promises it is democratic to have another referendum further down the line

belfast/holywood

"The country owns it now

Nope. Didn’t vote for it. Spent virtually every day since the vote telling everyone it’s a bad idea. Given plenty of evidence to suggest it will harm the country, recommended tactical voting in the EU elections and 2 general elections to stop it.

Leaving the EU is a stupid idea that will harm the country, and most of all the poor and working class.

The tories and brexiters own this. They ‘won’, and now they can have it. I won’t support it in any way, shape or form."

No one cares that you don’t support it. The UK is leaving the EU following a democratic referendum. The conservative & unionist party stood in a general election in 2019 with a core pledge to “ Get Brexit done”. The result of that democrat vote gives them an overwhelming mandate to do what they said they would . Twist it any way you want. It’s what the people want. Sorry ( lol)

As a remain voter 3 years ago I was happy to accept the result then and it has been a national disgrace that we have had to endure 3 years of enforced bullshit from the remain camp.

It was then and is now a "suck it and see", situation so I for one will largely keep my trap shut and see how it goes.

My mum now deceased best message she ever said to me was " in in doubt, say nowt", that saying is such a wise thing to do at the moment.

belfast/holywood

"As a remain voter 3 years ago I was happy to accept the result then and it has been a national disgrace that we have had to endure 3 years of enforced bullshit from the remain camp.

It was then and is now a "suck it and see", situation so I for one will largely keep my trap shut and see how it goes.

My mum now deceased best message she ever said to me was " in in doubt, say nowt", that saying is such a wise thing to do at the moment."

I voted remain too. I agree with your sentiments about the disgrace. The attitude of certain people who then and now point blank to refuse to accept the result of the referendum is woefully pathetic

"As a remain voter 3 years ago I was happy to accept the result then and it has been a national disgrace that we have had to endure 3 years of enforced bullshit from the remain camp.

My mum now deceased best message she ever said to me was " in in doubt, say nowt", that saying is such a wise thing to do at the moment.

I voted remain too. I agree with your sentiments about the disgrace. The attitude of certain people who then and now point blank to refuse to accept the result of the referendum is woefully pathetic"

Why did you vote to remain?

"I voted remain too. I agree with your sentiments about the disgrace. The attitude of certain people who then and now point blank to refuse to accept the result of the referendum is woefully pathetic"

It's been an extremely embarrassing 3 year tantrum by a small but none the less vociferous group of 'entitled' folk from within the 16.1 million who have stamped their ickle feet and demanded that 17.4 million Leave voters change their minds and give them what they want.

It's behaviour that as small kids would have seen us sent to the naughty step until we could grow up and play nicely.

Read this thread or any other like it on any social media platform and they are full of folk who simply cannot and probably never will get over not getting their own way in 2016 which is a very very sad state of affairs.

My mum now deceased best message she ever said to me was " in in doubt, say nowt", that saying is such a wise thing to do at the moment."

Why did you vote to remain? The ‘remain’ camp are not the only ones to blame for the last 3 years of ‘enforced bullshit ‘ . We are now leaving the EU, nothing will stop that and I hope that it is a successful as we have been promised. There is one thing you have to consider, if remain had won 52-48 do you think the euro sceptics like Farage would have graciously accepted the result ?

"I voted remain too. I agree with your sentiments about the disgrace. The attitude of certain people who then and now point blank to refuse to accept the result of the referendum is woefully pathetic

It's been an extremely embarrassing 3 year tantrum by a small but none the less vociferous group of 'entitled' folk from within the 16.1 million who have stamped their ickle feet and demanded that 17.4 million Leave voters change their minds and give them what they want.

It's behaviour that as small kids would have seen us sent to the naughty step until we could grow up and play nicely.

Read this thread or any other like it on any social media platform and they are full of folk who simply cannot and probably never will get over not getting their own way in 2016 which is a very very sad state of affairs."

Do you mean like some people who couldn’t accept the result in 1975? How did you vote in the first referendum? There is good and bad in both sides.

"I voted remain too. I agree with your sentiments about the disgrace. The attitude of certain people who then and now point blank to refuse to accept the result of the referendum is woefully pathetic

Read this thread or any other like it on any social media platform and they are full of folk who simply cannot and probably never will get over not getting their own way in 2016 which is a very very sad state of affairs."

That’s how YOU describe it.

Yes some are finding it hard. What’s wrong with that?? Others, like myself, not so.

I personally think the whole state of affairs is really sad. But don’t leave it at the feet of remainers.

People are allow and bound to be upset! You can’t just expect them to roll over.

Especially when our country is in turmoil!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it time and time again, gloating ain’t cool!

We’re all suppose to be fellow British men.

Well I’ve seen on this platform and many many others where leavers think it’s highly hilarious, the divide in this country, today.

Remainers feelings are real, as is leavers.

When we gonna stop having child like stabs at each other? Absolutely pathetic. And with mindsets like this, we hope to make Britain great again. Please! I’m looking about and I can’t see anyone mature enough to implement that...

"

Do you mean like some people who couldn’t accept the result in 1975? How did you vote in the first referendum? There is good and bad in both sides. "

You are comparing apples and space hoppers. I missed the 75 vote by a few months but from memory the country voted then joined.

In 2016 we reached a democratically arrived at decision to Leave the EU which a large swathe of MP's and an extremely vocal minority of the 16.1 million have devoted every fibre in their bodies to trying to overturn before it happens.

Clearly there were a lot more grown ups around in 1975......

"

Do you mean like some people who couldn’t accept the result in 1975? How did you vote in the first referendum? There is good and bad in both sides.

You are comparing apples and space hoppers. I missed the 75 vote by a few months but from memory the country voted then joined.

In 2016 we reached a democratically arrived at decision to Leave the EU which a large swathe of MP's and an extremely vocal minority of the 16.1 million have devoted every fibre in their bodies to trying to overturn before it happens.

Clearly there were a lot more grown ups around in 1975......"

Why is it so dissimilar? Both were referendums on the EU, why couldn’t people accept the 1975 vote, why have they devoted the last 40 years trying to get it overturned? I accept that the 2016 referendum has to be honoured, can you accept that people might want another referendum to join in the future ? That is democratic

"The country owns it now

The tories and brexiters own this. They ‘won’, and now they can have it. I won’t support it in any way, shape or form.

No one cares that you don’t support it. The UK is leaving the EU following a democratic referendum. The conservative & unionist party stood in a general election in 2019 with a core pledge to “ Get Brexit done”. The result of that democrat vote gives them an overwhelming mandate to do what they said they would . Twist it any way you want. It’s what the people want. Sorry ( lol)"

I agree - I was pointing out that the nonsense you see about everyone coming together and making the best of it. Everyone doing their hit and all that claptrap - No.

Fuck Brexit and the horse it rode in on. People voted to remove citizens rights and to impact the economic well-being of this country. That means they voted to remove cash from the pocket of every one of us, and reduced our rights along with it.

You cal lol all you like. I’m fortunate, I’m in a financial position that I’ll be able to ride Brexit out, Others aren’t so lucky.

For some folk It literally always comes down to pocket contents.

"The country owns it now

No one cares that you don’t support it. The UK is leaving the EU following a democratic referendum. The conservative & unionist party stood in a general election in 2019 with a core pledge to “ Get Brexit done”. The result of that democrat vote gives them an overwhelming mandate to do what they said they would . Twist it any way you want. It’s what the people want. Sorry ( lol)

I agree - I was pointing out that the nonsense you see about everyone coming together and making the best of it. Everyone doing their hit and all that claptrap - No.

Fuck Brexit and the horse it rode in on. People voted to remove citizens rights and to impact the economic well-being of this country. That means they voted to remove cash from the pocket of every one of us, and reduced our rights along with it.

You cal lol all you like. I’m fortunate, I’m in a financial position that I’ll be able to ride Brexit out, Others aren’t so lucky.

"

Time will tell but I am inclined to agree, we are about to find out how great Brexit is going to be . there can’t be any complaints, or people to blame Boris is in complete control of the Brexit bus. I hope he doesn’t get bored and leave before the job is finished I doubt the PMs salary is enough for him though

"

So you’ll agree that we should have left with May’s deal then? That the ERG and DUP should have all voted for it in the commons - we’d have left last February then.

"For some folk It literally always comes down to pocket contents."

What does it mean to you?? Rightly or wrongly everything comes down to money .

"For some folk It literally always comes down to pocket contents."

Or the removal of rights. That tiny little thing that you omitted.

"

Clearly there were a lot more grown ups around in 1975......"

But I don’t get why you’re so stressed by it. Remainers can try all they like! It won’t get over turned.

And why are they allowed to show their real feelings? Why do they have to just shut up? This effects their lives. So why can’t they argue back? Or show concerns? It’s 2020. Not 1820. We’ve rights. We all do.

And stopping it? For 3 yrs? Nah. That would be the Tories and they’re fuck ups along the way. Remainers can’t be blamed for that.

Anyway! Did you know that there’s actually places holding Brexit Day Parties hahahaha. We do in Plymouth. Ahhh we are a funny old race.

"For some folk It literally always comes down to pocket contents.

"

What rights exactly? Proof, links and projected negatives please.

What rights exactly? Proof, links and projected negatives please."

The right to live and work across EU nations. Also Erasmus (which is separate from the EU and could be left alone post-Brexit but treated with disdain by eurosceptics).

"

But I don’t get why you’re so stressed by it. Remainers can try all they like! It won’t get over turned.

And why are they allowed to show their real feelings? Why do they have to just shut up? This effects their lives. So why can’t they argue back? Or show concerns? It’s 2020. Not 1820. We’ve rights. We all do.

And stopping it? For 3 yrs? Nah. That would be the Tories and they’re fuck ups along the way. Remainers can’t be blamed for that.

Anyway! Did you know that there’s actually places holding Brexit Day Parties hahahaha. We do in Plymouth. Ahhh we are a funny old race. "

Not even a scintilla of stress at this end, I am merely commenting on what I think has been going on during the last 3 years. and the idea that Remain have not been instrumental in getting us to where we are is not really credible.

Ask yourself if we would be in the position we are in now if in June 2016 16.1 million people accepted the outcome of the Referendum and the the 600 plus MP's in the HoC had made good on their promise to implement the outcome of the Referendum?

IMHO if that had happened then Cameron would have invoked Art 50 and made it 100% clear to the EU we were Leaving. We then would have spent 2 years negotiating the very best deal that would be both suitable and acceptable to both parties and would have left by June 2018 on amicable terms.

The actuality is that from almost day 1 we have Gina Miller and others going through the courts trying to get the 2016 Ref result overturned, 2/3rds of the HoC retrying their utmost to prevent Brexit occurring, the Speaker literally tearing up centuries of traditional impartiality, Peoples Vote marches and a mindless moron sat on college green bellowing his ire.

Remain fingerprints are all over this debacle.

"

Anyway! Did you know that there’s actually places holding Brexit Day Parties hahahaha. We do in Plymouth. Ahhh we are a funny old race.

Not even a scintilla of stress at this end, I am merely commenting on what I think has been going on during the last 3 years. and the idea that Remain have not been instrumental in getting us to where we are is not really credible.

Ask yourself if we would be in the position we are in now if in June 2016 16.1 million people accepted the outcome of the Referendum and the the 600 plus MP's in the HoC had made good on their promise to implement the outcome of the Referendum?

IMHO if that had happened then Cameron would have invoked Art 50 and made it 100% clear to the EU we were Leaving. We then would have spent 2 years negotiating the very best deal that would be both suitable and acceptable to both parties and would have left by June 2018 on amicable terms.

The actuality is that from almost day 1 we have Gina Miller and others going through the courts trying to get the 2016 Ref result overturned, 2/3rds of the HoC retrying their utmost to prevent Brexit occurring, the Speaker literally tearing up centuries of traditional impartiality, Peoples Vote marches and a mindless moron sat on college green bellowing his ire.

Remain fingerprints are all over this debacle. "

Why did the ERG not vote for May’s deal?

"

Should people not be allowed to march for what they believe?

"

The right to live and work across EU nations. Also Erasmus (which is separate from the EU and could be left alone post-Brexit but treated with disdain by eurosceptics)."

Less than 3% of UK folk use their FOM rights as they were intended and only a tiny fraction of kids use Erasmus.

Newsflash.......UK folk were living and working in the EU prior to FOM and UK kids were being educated in the EU prior to Erasmus.....

"

Should people not be allowed to march for what they believe? "

Have I ever suggested otherwise?

"

Why did the ERG not vote for May’s deal?"

I have a straw here, would you like to grasp it?

"

The right to live and work across EU nations. Also Erasmus (which is separate from the EU and could be left alone post-Brexit but treated with disdain by eurosceptics).

Less than 3% of UK folk use their FOM rights as they were intended and only a tiny fraction of kids use Erasmus.

Newsflash.......UK folk were living and working in the EU prior to FOM and UK kids were being educated in the EU prior to Erasmus....."

It doesn’t matter if only a fraction use something - that right is there for all of us. It’s being removed from all of us.

The wealthy will travel and be educated abroad as normal. The poor overwhelming won’t be able to. You don’t care about that difference - that’s fine, but don’t you dare disregard those of us who do.

"

I have a straw here, would you like to grasp it?"

Nevemind straws, why can’t you answer the question?

"

I have a straw here, would you like to grasp it?"

No I’d like you to point out why everything is remain’s fault when the ERG and DUP chose not to vote with the government to deliver Brexit.

"

Should people not be allowed to march for what they believe?

Have I ever suggested otherwise?"

Why did you mention them specifically in your rant then?

"

See. I expect people to retaliate. As I would if the shoe was on the other foot, also.

Especially with something so important.

"

No I’d like you to point out why everything is remain’s fault when the ERG and DUP chose not to vote with the government to deliver Brexit. "

Take a breath then go back and find where I said everything is Remains fault?

What rights exactly? Proof, links and projected negatives please.The right to live and work across EU nations. Also Erasmus (which is separate from the EU and could be left alone post-Brexit but treated with disdain by eurosceptics)."

What a load of rubbish. You've offered no proof that right to live and work across EU nations will be restricted - you're just scare-mongering. British people will pay good money to live abroad, as always, and British people will pay taxes to work abroad, as always. Nobody turns down money, and they won't turn down British money. Your grip on reality is tenuous, to say the least.