FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > BBC today programme

BBC today programme

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well the BBC continue to give me a good laugh.

This straight from there own news pages.

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

"They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

"I have nothing against sports enthusiasts or cricket fans - that's great," she said.

"But the issue is many people aren't cricket fans," she added, arguing bosses should crack down on sports banter.

Ms Francke is concerned that discussing football and, for example, the merits of video assistant refereeing (VAR) can disproportionately exclude women and divide offices.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Well the BBC continue to give me a good laugh.

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

"They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

"I have nothing against sports enthusiasts or cricket fans - that's great," she said.

"But the issue is many people aren't cricket fans," she added, arguing bosses should crack down on sports banter.

Ms Francke is concerned that discussing football and, for example, the merits of video assistant refereeing (VAR) can disproportionately exclude women and divide offices.

"

. As a man , who does enjoy football , I also try to avoid conversations about VAR ' cos i ain't gotta clue what's 'appnin' half of the time

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"

can we therefore ban all the soaps and reality TV crap as I haven't a clue what all the gullible girls are whitening on about during our breaks and I feel excluded and demeaned

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

PC went mad years ago. Next you will need a written, signed agreement to have sex, with witnesses present to ensure its consensual.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

can we therefore ban all the soaps and reality TV crap as I haven't a clue what all the gullible girls are whitening on about during our breaks and I feel excluded and demeaned "

Yes yes we can start with that crappy love island and big brother

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Just ignore the pc shit I do

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Just ignore the pc shit I do"

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

“Bosses should crack down on sports banter”

Maybe they should crack down on tampons versus towels; Brad or George; where to get your hair/nails/eyebrows done.

The day we allowed women into the workplace this kind of thing was inevitable and sadly it will not end there.....

Blimey is this what the political forum has come to? No wonder all the more interesting people cant be bothered with it.

Oh the irony......

"Oh the irony......

"

Oh....was that supposed to be a jest? Dont give up the day job

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Careful the pc police and experts on everything will keep us all informed of how we should act ....wankers

"Careful the pc police and experts on everything will keep us all informed of how we should act ....wankers"

Too late it just happened

"PC went mad years ago. Next you will need a written, signed agreement to have sex, with witnesses present to ensure its consensual."

Isn't that Cuckold or summit

Don't worry gammons, even most of us "pc snowflakes" think this was a completely stupid idea as it ironically pushed a sexist view that women aren't interested in sports, despite there being huge fanbases out there, this is just more "trigger" crap from the BBC.

I want to know the answer to the most important question. Who was making Mr Francke's dinner while she was spouting out that rubbish? Plus that ironing wont do itself. Bloody women these days

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"PC went mad years ago. Next you will need a written, signed agreement to have sex, with witnesses present to ensure its consensual."

No you won't.

The headline grabbing utterances of a single person hardly represents an enforceable diktat

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Careful the pc police and experts on everything will keep us all informed of how we should act ....wankers

Too late it just happened "

...and I don't see anyone taking a blind bit of notice, or the sky having fallen in.

» Add a new message to this topic