FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > call me cynical

call me cynical

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

so northern rail is to be nationalised despite this being called for well over a year by local polatitions and Jeremy Corbin and the Labour party being called mad for having it in they're manifesto .the reason for doing it now wouldn't have anything to do with the cascade of replacement stock and end of the training programme for new stock that was the cause of much of northern staffing problems coming to an end allowing the govt to claim credit for any subsequent rapid improvement. cynical me never

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Those sneaky tories !

By *wingerlover2018Man  over a year ago

Moors

Fact is it’s not going to be ‘Nationalised’ the government have just told another company to run it that won’t have to payback all the franchise costs... all the staff will be the same except for a select few at the top.... had they just made the leadership change it’s likely the same outcome would have been met... as OP says, rolling stock and training were needed and have nearly been delivered...

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

There will not be a sudden improvement.

It will take years of investment and woeks to the infrastructure and while any work is being undertaken, there will be further disruption to the travelling public.

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"There will not be a sudden improvement.

It will take years of investment and woeks to the infrastructure and while any work is being undertaken, there will be further disruption to the travelling public."

the problem on Northern has been the delayed introduction of cascaded stock fro elswhere and introduction of new stick at the same time which has lead to cancellations due to drivers guards etc being rostered for training rather than day to day running of leading to a shortage of staff meaning insufficient train crew to cover the timetable .most of the train crew have now trained on the new stock allowing it to enter service and ease the overcrowding and shot notice cancellations. so Northerns punctuality figures will massively improve over the next few months. also the dft activated a dormant company at 12 noon yesterday and registered it with companys house called Northern railways solely owned financed and operated by them selves ir that isn't a nationalised company I'd like to know what is

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"so northern rail is to be nationalised despite this being called for well over a year by local polatitions and Jeremy Corbin and the Labour party being called mad for having it in they're manifesto .the reason for doing it now wouldn't have anything to do with the cascade of replacement stock and end of the training programme for new stock that was the cause of much of northern staffing problems coming to an end allowing the govt to claim credit for any subsequent rapid improvement. cynical me never "

remember the East Coast line is in "government control"....... northern is going that way.... it won't be the last! expect "south western railway" (the operator who goes from waterloo to the south and south west) to go exactly the same way in the next few weeks....

Irony is when i worked for a nationalised "east coast railway" they made more money for the government and had a higher satisfaction rating with passengers than the private companies either side ever did!

» Add a new message to this topic