FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit

Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right (sorry in advance), I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who feels disheartened by what will happen tonight but I hope there is a way to join back soon. Our ancestors fought for peace and unity but yet it seems everyone has become "patriotic" and pulled the wool over the racism, xenophobia and general hate towards people who work hard like the rest of us!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gods sake stop crying nothing much will change either way hows about we treat it like a trial separation not like they wont want us back but calling people names cos u lost an argument is what 5 year olds do just saying

"Gods sake stop crying nothing much will change either way hows about we treat it like a trial separation not like they wont want us back but calling people names cos u lost an argument is what 5 year olds do just saying "

There wasn't any names being slung, just stating facts that hate crime has risen tenfold and for what? "Give us what we already had"

"Right (sorry in advance), I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who feels disheartened by what will happen tonight but I hope there is a way to join back soon. Our ancestors fought for peace and unity but yet it seems everyone has become "patriotic" and pulled the wool over the racism, xenophobia and general hate towards people who work hard like the rest of us!"

What you on about "fought for peace and unity"? Were not going to start lobbing bombs at the EU

One thing that pisses me off about remainers is when they can't come up with a valid argument, they just play the racism card.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Right (sorry in advance), I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who feels disheartened by what will happen tonight but I hope there is a way to join back soon. Our ancestors fought for peace and unity but yet it seems everyone has become "patriotic" and pulled the wool over the racism, xenophobia and general hate towards people who work hard like the rest of us!

What you on about "fought for peace and unity"? Were not going to start lobbing bombs at the EU

One thing that pisses me off about remainers is when they can't come up with a valid argument, they just play the racism card.

"

Exactly this

"Right (sorry in advance), I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who feels disheartened by what will happen tonight but I hope there is a way to join back soon. Our ancestors fought for peace and unity but yet it seems everyone has become "patriotic" and pulled the wool over the racism, xenophobia and general hate towards people who work hard like the rest of us!

"

I agree that there won't be a war between the UK and the EU but yet why are migrant workers of all skills being abused and treated poorly, I'm not sure if you've seen but the rates of migrant workers coming in to work in the UK has dropped and there's soon going to be a skills shortage.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

There won't be an EU to rejoin, Poland is on the brink of leaving over judicial rules, France is practically having a civil war, Italy is looking to leave, Germany can't afford to bankroll the whole project without key net contributors like the UK. Other EU countries are watching us closely and if they see us making a success of it they will be throwing their article 50's in.

"Gods sake stop crying nothing much will change either way hows about we treat it like a trial separation not like they wont want us back but calling people names cos u lost an argument is what 5 year olds do just saying

There wasn't any names being slung, just stating facts that hate crime has risen tenfold and for what? "Give us what we already had""

Hate crimes are exactly that. Crimes borne from hatred. Ask yourself this - which very noticeable "group" of people at the moment, and for the past few years, have exponentially increased their hatred and anger toward others?

Admin can we start punting these brexit threads to the politics group please it’s about the 8th one today at least

"Gods sake stop crying nothing much will change either way hows about we treat it like a trial separation not like they wont want us back but calling people names cos u lost an argument is what 5 year olds do just saying

There wasn't any names being slung, just stating facts that hate crime has risen tenfold and for what? "Give us what we already had"

Hate crimes are exactly that. Crimes borne from hatred. Ask yourself this - which very noticeable "group" of people at the moment, and for the past few years, have exponentially increased their hatred and anger toward others?"

So terrorists? And before muslims and terrorists are branded the same ask the same question about christianity and the KKK. They're two totally different groups of people

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

No way we will ever re- join. The tide is growing for others to leave.

"No way we will ever re- join. The tide is growing for others to leave. "

Except for the whole ‘EU public support up across the whole bloc’ thing.

"There won't be an EU to rejoin, Poland is on the brink of leaving over judicial rules, France is practically having a civil war, Italy is looking to leave, Germany can't afford to bankroll the whole project without key net contributors like the UK. Other EU countries are watching us closely and if they see us making a success of it they will be throwing their article 50's in."

If brexit is such a big success then how come big companies have moved their HQ's to EU countries? Every country has their own problems to deal with but it's better to work together than be split apart

belfast/holywood

Exactly this "

Exactly this

Ffs

Racism ?

"No way we will ever re- join. The tide is growing for others to leave. "

Wasn't it a 60%-40% remain in NI though?

"One thing that pisses me off about remainers is when they can't come up with a valid argument, they just play the racism card.

"

I’m still waiting for one unarguable tangible benefit that Brexit will bring. I’ve been asking for one for nearly 4 years now.

belfast/holywood

I agree that there won't be a war between the UK and the EU but yet why are migrant workers of all skills being abused and treated poorly, I'm not sure if you've seen but the rates of migrant workers coming in to work in the UK has dropped and there's soon going to be a skills shortage."

Migrants wages have ALWAYS been low . If anything , brexit will cause wages to rise as there won’t be such vast numbers of pickers coming in

belfast/holywood

"No way we will ever re- join. The tide is growing for others to leave.

Wasn't it a 60%-40% remain in NI though?"

So. So?. It was a UK wide referendum. Keep up

"One thing that pisses me off about remainers is when they can't come up with a valid argument, they just play the racism card.

I’m still waiting for one unarguable tangible benefit that Brexit will bring. I’ve been asking for one for nearly 4 years now."

Whats a good reason for remaining. Since being in the EU, Britain has gone through a double dip recession and is in record amounts of debt

I agree that there won't be a war between the UK and the EU but yet why are migrant workers of all skills being abused and treated poorly, I'm not sure if you've seen but the rates of migrant workers coming in to work in the UK has dropped and there's soon going to be a skills shortage.

Migrants wages have ALWAYS been low . If anything , brexit will cause wages to rise as there won’t be such vast numbers of pickers coming in"

Or carers for the elderly? Hospital cleaners? Car manufacturers? Tradespeople? Shop assistants? Students and so on.

Hate crimes are exactly that. Crimes borne from hatred. Ask yourself this - which very noticeable "group" of people at the moment, and for the past few years, have exponentially increased their hatred and anger toward others?

So terrorists? And before muslims and terrorists are branded the same ask the same question about christianity and the KKK. They're two totally different groups of people"

Your response makes little sense and has even less relevance. This is one of the main problems. You cannot give the answer to my question that you know is true because you're unable to accept it. Try looking for the true answers and stop deflecting to the default of racism, or it being everyone else's fault.

I’m still waiting for one unarguable tangible benefit that Brexit will bring. I’ve been asking for one for nearly 4 years now.

Whats a good reason for remaining. Since being in the EU, Britain has gone through a double dip recession and is in record amounts of debt"

Are you blaming the global financial crisis on our EU membership?

Whats a good reason for remaining. Since being in the EU, Britain has gone through a double dip recession and is in record amounts of debt"

That was because of GLOBAL banking. Not because of the EU.

Whats a good reason for remaining. Since being in the EU, Britain has gone through a double dip recession and is in record amounts of debt

Are you blaming the global financial crisis on our EU membership?

"

no, but handing over billions to the EU certainly wouldn't have helped

I’m still waiting for one unarguable tangible benefit that Brexit will bring. I’ve been asking for one for nearly 4 years now."

Well, you're going to wait a long time. Every subject is "arguable", whether initially perceived as tangible or not.

Anyway, everyone had two chances to say whether they wanted to stay or leave and both time they picked leave.

Time to get over it and move on

For everyone who doesn't want to leave the EU, there are plenty of countries you can move to stay inside

But spending billions on brexit will do the trick

No one is going to agree on this from either side we’d be as well now seeing what promises were false and see what the fall out is like but I do hope we in Scotland have our voices heard before it’s too late

"Anyway, everyone had two chances to say whether they wanted to stay or leave and both time they picked leave.

For everyone who doesn't want to leave the EU, there are plenty of countries you can move to stay inside "

So why didn’t brexiters all leave the UK over the last 40 years if it was so bad?

"Anyway, everyone had two chances to say whether they wanted to stay or leave and both time they picked leave.

For everyone who doesn't want to leave the EU, there are plenty of countries you can move to stay inside "

What other chance was there because labour was sat on the fence with a weak leader. It should have always been a people's vote to decide because it affects the people the most

For everyone who doesn't want to leave the EU, there are plenty of countries you can move to stay inside

So why didn’t brexiters all leave the UK over the last 40 years if it was so bad? "

Good point but I guess they'll fire back with why don't we go over there?

So why didn’t brexiters all leave the UK over the last 40 years if it was so bad? "

Hey, dont follow our example, were all in the wrong

So why didn’t brexiters all leave the UK over the last 40 years if it was so bad?

Hey, dont follow our example, were all in the wrong"

Not all, only the people that lied and tricked the gullible

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Exactly this

Exactly this

Ffs

Racism ?"

Please enlighten us

Good point but I guess they'll fire back with why don't we go over there?"

There are probably many that simply can't afford to move - abroad or otherwise. I realise you're angry, but please don't disparage the poor.

There are probably many that simply can't afford to move - abroad or otherwise. I realise you're angry, but please don't disparage the poor. "

I'm not angry, just in disbelief that the people who voted were blatantly lied to and even when presented with facts, they still voted for a choice that will see them worse off

Perhaps they don't mind being 4% worse off. Growing our economy on the back of unrestricted immigration is the road to even grottier Hospitals and public services than we have now.

Have you not considered that with your blinkered view that the nation is all in it for the money ?

So you see some don't see it like you do. It's time to accept it and move on like I have. It will take time to recover from the shock but in the long run it might be the right vote after all. p.s. I iterate I voted to remain but unlike many happy to accept that I might have been wrong.

"Perhaps they don't mind being 4% worse off. Growing our economy on the back of unrestricted immigration is the road to even grottier Hospitals and public services than we have now. "

Don’t blame the EU for the decisions of UK govt.

Democracy day

[Removed by poster at 31/01/20 18:03:02]

Brexit will be the end of the union, justice to nothern ireland and scotland

I’ve bought fireworks specially to mark this historic moment. I voted to leave the EU. This is a democratic decision, not just mine ! #Remoaners keep away.

There are probably many that simply can't afford to move - abroad or otherwise. I realise you're angry, but please don't disparage the poor. "

I'm not angry, I got what I voted for

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Brexit will be the end of the union, justice to nothern ireland and scotland "
but you said brexit won’t happen lol

"Brexit will be the end of the union, justice to nothern ireland and scotland but you said brexit won’t happen lol"
It isnt in the sense that leave does not mean leave they will still be in alignment with the eu.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Discuss the topic, without personal attacks please.

All the EU have to do now is sit back and wait, excuse they do not actually need the U.K. they can get anything they want from countless other sources

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"All the EU have to do now is sit back and wait, excuse they do not actually need the U.K. they can get anything they want from countless other sources "
same as the Uk then lol

"All the EU have to do now is sit back and wait, excuse they do not actually need the U.K. they can get anything they want from countless other sources "

There is only 3 countries paying into the EU and 1 of the is leaving and another is dealing with a civil war

» Add a new message to this topic