FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Parent parking bays

Parent parking bays

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ir-spunk-alot OP   Man  over a year ago

south coast

Should disabled people be allowed to park in parent bays if disabled bays are full and vice versa.

Also would it be a good idea to put parent bays further away from the store entrance, as the issue with parent bays isn't the distance to the store its the space needed to get the baby/child out of the car with the doors fully opened. This will prevent the bays being taken buy lazy able bodied people who cant be bothered to walk a few extra meters.

Views please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

south coast

"Should disabled people be allowed to park in parent bays if disabled bays are full and vice versa.

Also would it be a good idea to put parent bays further away from the store entrance, as the issue with parent bays isn't the distance to the store its the space needed to get the baby/child out of the car with the doors fully opened. This will prevent the bays being taken buy lazy able bodied people who cant be bothered to walk a few extra meters.

Views please."

*by not buy

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

And what has this to do with Politics?

south coast

"And what has this to do with Politics? "

I have no idea why it got posted in politics. Human error, guilty.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd expect disabled spaces to be closest and parents to use them if they have disabilities.

Parents can park according to discretion, on the amount of exercise needed, child safety and parental coping etc.

south coast

"I'd expect disabled spaces to be closest and parents to use them if they have disabilities.

Parents can park according to discretion, on the amount of exercise needed, child safety and parental coping etc. "

Yes, if you have a disability then use the disabled bay you are entitled too regardless if you have children or not.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Should disabled people be allowed to park in parent bays if disabled bays are full and vice versa.

Views please."

I agree completely,during term time and school hours there is no or little need for them.

upton wirral

"And what has this to do with Politics?

I have no idea why it got posted in politics. Human error, guilty."

This is real politics we should have more threads of this nature.politics is not about weather you like Boris or Trump or Brexit.This is real life and politics

south coast

Views please.I agree completely,during term time and school hours there is no or little need for them."

Thank for the input, but from experience, baby seats and getting a baby out of one is extremely difficult in a standard bay where you cant fully open the doors. Whilst your idea of restricting the hours is an idea, it wont solve the issue for babies and children who are not at school yet, so maybe restrict the to age during school hours ect.

But for me, parent bays are abused by people who are not entitled to them because they are located closer to the store, the safty issue isnt the main concern as you should always hold your childs hand in car parks. If these bays were located further away from store entrance then they wont get abused as much.

The point of child bays are so you have enough space to fully open doors to allow you to get child out of car.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Views please.I agree completely,during term time and school hours there is no or little need for them.

Thank for the input, but from experience, baby seats and getting a baby out of one is extremely difficult in a standard bay where you cant fully open the doors. Whilst your idea of restricting the hours is an idea, it wont solve the issue for babies and children who are not at school yet, so maybe restrict the to age during school hours ect.

But for me, parent bays are abused by people who are not entitled to them because they are located closer to the store, the safty issue isnt the main concern as you should always hold your childs hand in car parks. If these bays were located further away from store entrance then they wont get abused as much.

The point of child bays are so you have enough space to fully open doors to allow you to get child out of car.

"

"Abused? Parent parking bays are a marketing ploy, not a human right. The sense of entitlement of breeders who demand to be treated as different or better because they choose to make shopping unbearable for the rest of us by bringing their whiny, noisy, badly disciplined brats with them is infuriating."

Is that what you were looking for? You know, a full on ranty response to some tedious clickbait about how supermarkets and shopping centres choose to organise their car parks to get more customers in?

Fab should start a 'First World Problems' forum for stuff like this...

Mr Icebreaker

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Blue badge holders can pretty much park where they want. Is their a law that states they can’t park in arbitrary “parent and child” parking spaces in supermarket car parks ?

upton wirral

"Blue badge holders can pretty much park where they want. Is their a law that states they can’t park in arbitrary “parent and child” parking spaces in supermarket car parks ?"
I guess it is at the discretion of the supermarket I do however doubt they would be able to enforce this.

It is said that families need the space to get bugeys out,fair enough but they d not need to be next to the store they can still walk to the store asfter getting them out.Disabled need to be closer allways

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A lot of states have stipulations for disabled parking to be closest and for retail units to designate a minimun percentage of spaces for people who have limited or no mobility. They should not be forced to have to cross driving spaces, to get to crossings or to retail outlets, or across parent parking spaces.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

A lovely little sign round here in France translates as: "If you're gonna take this parking place, please take my disability".

Having said that, There are almost as many Blue Badge holders in Great Yarmouth as there are cars, complete disregard for safety or traffic congestion, the Council changed a bus route (parking on both sides of the road on double yellow lines meant two buses frequently couldn't pass each other) rather than "anger" them by enforcing parking regulations.

south coast

"Blue badge holders can pretty much park where they want. Is their a law that states they can’t park in arbitrary “parent and child” parking spaces in supermarket car parks ?I guess it is at the discretion of the supermarket I do however doubt they would be able to enforce this.

It is said that families need the space to get bugeys out,fair enough but they d not need to be next to the store they can still walk to the store asfter getting them out.Disabled need to be closer allways"

Thank you, someone who get it, disabled bays should be located as close as possible to the store and parent bays located with standard bays but made wider, problem solved.

south coast

Views please.I agree completely,during term time and school hours there is no or little need for them.

"

Yes, abused in the sense that lazy people park there and have no need to park there apart from saving themselves a few seconds in walking distance.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a parent of a baby I’d have no issue with a blue badge holder using a parent parking space.

In the vice versa side it’s a little trickier. As you don’t have to display a badge to park in parent spaces so it would be open to abuse.

In a car park I’ll always see if there’s a parent space free because they’re quite a bit wider, it’s not about being close to the shop. It’s about having adequate room to move whilst getting the baby out.

upton wirral

"A lot of states have stipulations for disabled parking to be closest and for retail units to designate a minimun percentage of spaces for people who have limited or no mobility. They should not be forced to have to cross driving spaces, to get to crossings or to retail outlets, or across parent parking spaces. "

south coast

Thank you all for the reply, so reason im asking is my local supermarket is re-routing the car park spaces as they have child bays at the end of each row with no room to get a baby seat out, the reason for this is if the disabled bays are full then disabled users can use them which im all for, but the signs clearly say the bays are for parent and kids only.

I do market research groups and was invited to this one and my input was to remove the parent bays and locate them further away from the stores entrance and widen the excisting parent bays and change them to disabled bays.

They have decided that its the best way forward.

But i then got thinking would it cause more issues for parents. Thanks again for your input.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Thank you all for the reply, so reason im asking is my local supermarket is re-routing the car park spaces as they have child bays at the end of each row with no room to get a baby seat out, the reason for this is if the disabled bays are full then disabled users can use them which im all for, but the signs clearly say the bays are for parent and kids only.

I do market research groups and was invited to this one and my input was to remove the parent bays and locate them further away from the stores entrance and widen the excisting parent bays and change them to disabled bays.

But i then got thinking would it cause more issues for parents. Thanks again for your input."

Mate, I still don;t get why you;re raising this in the politics forum. Want a political answer? Tell 'em to build a bus stop and pay for the service.

Mr Icebreaker

south coast

"Thank you all for the reply, so reason im asking is my local supermarket is re-routing the car park spaces as they have child bays at the end of each row with no room to get a baby seat out, the reason for this is if the disabled bays are full then disabled users can use them which im all for, but the signs clearly say the bays are for parent and kids only.

But i then got thinking would it cause more issues for parents. Thanks again for your input.Mate, I still don;t get why you;re raising this in the politics forum. Want a political answer? Tell 'em to build a bus stop and pay for the service.

Mr Icebreaker"

See previous messages. "Mate"

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

When do u decide the age thing ....I notice parents park in kids spaces ....the children must be 10 or even 12 years old ...taking the piss ....also I see fat people use them to stop them having to walk too far...more piss take

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"When do u decide the age thing ....I notice parents park in kids spaces ....the children must be 10 or even 12 years old ...taking the piss ....also I see fat people use them to stop them having to walk too far...more piss take"

In a lot of places, the upper age limit is 12!!

» Add a new message to this topic