FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Think tank

Think tank

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has the politics forum become a right wing think tank and has that made it pointless trying to engage in debate as the majority of points of view that are being allowed expression appear too one sided to be worth pursuing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

swings and roundabouts i think mate was mainly remainers and left wing before reality hit with the last election and brexit happening.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just wait a while bud. There will be a few crazy leftists along in a minute to call everyone racist, sexist, homophobic, islamaphobic, xenophobic etc to anyone slightly to the left of stalin

near ipswich

"Just wait a while bud. There will be a few crazy leftists along in a minute to call everyone racist, sexist, homophobic, islamaphobic, xenophobic etc to anyone slightly to the left of stalin "

Was this place ever sane?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Has the politics forum become a right wing think tank and has that made it pointless trying to engage in debate as the majority of points of view that are being allowed expression appear too one sided to be worth pursuing? "

Right wing think tank. Nice oxymoron there.

And, no, it hasn't.

"Was this place ever sane?"

No, and never will be

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"Has the politics forum become a right wing think tank and has that made it pointless trying to engage in debate as the majority of points of view that are being allowed expression appear too one sided to be worth pursuing? "

If anything I would have thought the majority in here were anti establishment , anti Tory , anti Boris , pro immigration , pro terrorism, anti UK, pro nationalists , anti common sense , pro Marxism , erm... erm.....anti capitalism , anti Brexit, anti democracy etc etc etc. Just JC basically lol

"Has the politics forum become a right wing think tank and has that made it pointless trying to engage in debate as the majority of points of view that are being allowed expression appear too one sided to be worth pursuing?

If anything I would have thought the majority in here were anti establishment , anti Tory , anti Boris , pro immigration , pro terrorism, anti UK, pro nationalists , anti common sense , pro Marxism , erm... erm.....anti capitalism , anti Brexit, anti democracy etc etc etc. Just JC basically lol"

If you’re anti-Tory you’re most likely to be pro-uk.

"Has the politics forum become a right wing think tank and has that made it pointless trying to engage in debate as the majority of points of view that are being allowed expression appear too one sided to be worth pursuing?

If anything I would have thought the majority in here were anti establishment , anti Tory , anti Boris , pro immigration , pro terrorism, anti UK, pro nationalists , anti common sense , pro Marxism , erm... erm.....anti capitalism , anti Brexit, anti democracy etc etc etc. Just JC basically lol"

Some people choose to debate while others rant and its become noticeable that those of a more centrist or left leaning bent have been.... what shall we say.... removed.... from the forum while those who are more right leaning such as yourself are allowed free rein to express themselves. If you believe in democracy and liberty, then personally, I think closing down the conversation by removing peoples right to express an opinion you dont agree with is wrong but I doubt you see it in that light

Haha.

There you go OP. You were correct. Case closed.

If anything I would have thought the majority in here were anti establishment , anti Tory , anti Boris , pro immigration , pro terrorism, anti UK, pro nationalists , anti common sense , pro Marxism , erm... erm.....anti capitalism , anti Brexit, anti democracy etc etc etc. Just JC basically lol

Some people choose to debate while others rant and its become noticeable that those of a more centrist or left leaning bent have been.... what shall we say.... removed.... from the forum while those who are more right leaning such as yourself are allowed free rein to express themselves. If you believe in democracy and liberty, then personally, I think closing down the conversation by removing peoples right to express an opinion you dont agree with is wrong but I doubt you see it in that light"

Always been this way. Lots of people who stand up against the right and the far-right on here just get banned.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Some people choose to debate while others rant and its become noticeable that those of a more centrist or left leaning bent have been.... what shall we say.... removed.... from the forum while those who are more right leaning such as yourself are allowed free rein to express themselves. If you believe in democracy and liberty, then personally, I think closing down the conversation by removing peoples right to express an opinion you dont agree with is wrong but I doubt you see it in that light"

Over the couple of years this forum has been in existence I would say those who have been removed have been fairly balanced between right and left. Although recently a couple of left learners have gone hence an imbalance.

It’s more down to their behaviour and rule breaches rather than some right wing leaning mod team. I would say they do a great job imagine having to moderate this place

I would go into specifics but I’m not sure it’s allowed to talk about banned members.

Some people choose to debate while others rant and its become noticeable that those of a more centrist or left leaning bent have been.... what shall we say.... removed.... from the forum while those who are more right leaning such as yourself are allowed free rein to express themselves. If you believe in democracy and liberty, then personally, I think closing down the conversation by removing peoples right to express an opinion you dont agree with is wrong but I doubt you see it in that light

Over the couple of years this forum has been in existence I would say those who have been removed have been fairly balanced between right and left. Although recently a couple of left learners have gone hence an imbalance.

It’s more down to their behaviour and rule breaches rather than some right wing leaning mod team. I would say they do a great job imagine having to moderate this place

I would go into specifics but I’m not sure it’s allowed to talk about banned members. "

Oh I do agree that moderating this place must be challenging at times but the recent purge of long standing members does appear to have been at the expense of centrist and left opinion makers and has allowed a certain self congratulatory air amongst those of the right and alt right. I would never say that the moderators are anything but fair of course.

near ipswich

I would go into specifics but I’m not sure it’s allowed to talk about banned members.

Oh I do agree that moderating this place must be challenging at times but the recent purge of long standing members does appear to have been at the expense of centrist and left opinion makers and has allowed a certain self congratulatory air amongst those of the right and alt right. I would never say that the moderators are anything but fair of course. "

What purge? the times i have been banned from the forums which are several im sorry to say its been for 24 hours or a week and dispute its at the expense of the left.

belfast/holywood

I don’t know any such missing in action people. I must be a newbie lol

"I don’t know any such missing in action people. I must be a newbie lol"

I know of one. We all know him, he eventually showed his true colours got banned on here for racism and then took it upon himself to send me racist and unacceptable abuse, I am glad to say he got a site ban. I wonder who it was ??

Ooh I can think of one particular candidate but Costafun saying he has been banned for 24hrs or a week is rather different to the lifetime ban that some regulars have had placed upon them.

"I don’t know any such missing in action people. I must be a newbie lol"

Oh I think you know exactly who we are talking about - I seem to recall one of those who went missing being threatened with being reported by you but I could be imagining that or getting you confused with someone else

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Ooh I can think of one particular candidate but Costafun saying he has been banned for 24hrs or a week is rather different to the lifetime ban that some regulars have had placed upon them. "

lifetime ban wow must of been something pretty offensive to get a life time ban.have had a cpl of 24 hr ones and that was fir pretty much telling someone the truth about themself

near ipswich

If they got a lifetime ban how did you find out about it? If this is true they must have been pretty offensive posts.

As it is only a discussion forum which should be used to pass a bit of idle time I would have thought that it is of little interest what a persons political persuasion actually is . All we need is their opinion on an issue is . Facts , figures and serious discussion can be done in the real world .

However as a broad generalisation those who spend all their time logged on and constantly commenting would appear to be of a left wing persuasion .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Intelligence, good moral standing, respect for all, whilst being decent doesn't go out of style. It matters not if you are in the majority or not, if you communicate well and share something of yourself, along the above standards.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

There are at least three regular contributors that I know of, that have got lifetime bans.

They often let people know by message, and word gets around the regulars.

Don't overstep the mark, and you'll be OK. Be a dickhead, then the naughty step is inevitable.

"There are at least three regular contributors that I know of, that have got lifetime bans.

Don't overstep the mark, and you'll be OK. Be a dickhead, then the naughty step is inevitable. "

I think the trouble is that some racist xenophobic dickheads on here seem to have a lucky ticket and get away withe spreading some real bile while those who stand up to them get booted off.

belfast/holywood

"There are at least three regular contributors that I know of, that have got lifetime bans.

Don't overstep the mark, and you'll be OK. Be a dickhead, then the naughty step is inevitable.

I think the trouble is that some racist xenophobic dickheads on here seem to have a lucky ticket and get away withe spreading some real bile while those who stand up to them get booted off."

Exactly - anti semitism is a scourge on civilised society

I think the trouble is that some racist xenophobic dickheads on here seem to have a lucky ticket and get away withe spreading some real bile while those who stand up to them get booted off.

Exactly - anti semitism is a scourge on civilised society "

Can you show me an example of ant semitism on here??

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

. Totally agree with your opinion of anti-semitism and I would broaden it out to be against any form of racism ,so ,if you agree ,in future it may be an idea for not to post ,as you did on another thread that all French are c*nts ,( you didn't use the "*") Because the population of France consists of many faiths ,so your opinion would be seen as anti-muslim ,anti-christian , anti-semitic etc,,,

belfast/holywood

All ?

Is this worse than other forms of bigotry?

Islamaphobia and general xenophobia would be the most prevalent forms of bigotry on here. And the people who speak up against it, would also appear to be the ones who dissapear.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I think the trouble is that some racist xenophobic dickheads on here seem to have a lucky ticket and get away withe spreading some real bile while those who stand up to them get booted off."

I'm not sure that is entirely the case. I think that the Mods are firm but fair with everyone.

I'm not sure that is entirely the case. I think that the Mods are firm but fair with everyone."

Lol.

All bigotry and racism is a scourge. None is better or worse than any other.

Ha ha ha thats so lame! Trying to justify your own posts by diversion....sad so sad

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Islamaphobia and general xenophobia would be the most prevalent forms of bigotry on here. And the people who speak up against it, would also appear to be the ones who dissapear."

I think it’s more about how you speak up.

Islamaphobia and general xenophobia would be the most prevalent forms of bigotry on here. And the people who speak up against it, would also appear to be the ones who dissapear.

I think it’s more about how you speak up. "

Probably true.

In my opinion, being rude to racists is of lesser severity than being racist.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"All ?"
. ?

» Add a new message to this topic