FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The mad political thread.

The mad political thread.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

These things never stay with one topic anyway. So here's a thread for all to rant about whatever poltical stuff is bugging them. (Try to play nice though, eh?)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Another typo. I'm doing loads of them tonight. I'm too tired, I guess. I hate that! Can politicians introduce measures for fewer typos in 2020?

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Clement Atlee was born in 1883. That’s 137 years ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Clement Atlee was born in 1883. That’s 137 years ago"

Wrong thread

His birth date offends you? That bastard!

Well I guess I did say this thread could be about anything?

I know. Here is a stat for you , in the last 137 years there have been 3 men born who have won a GE for labour

belfast/holywood

But only 2 men born in the last 136 years. Only 2. 2. Two. Lol

Two

Ha ha ha ha

Here is another stat. In the last 104 years only 4 men have been born who have won a GE for the conservatives.

I called this "the mad political thread." Am I a prophet?

"But only 2 men born in the last 136 years. Only 2. 2. Two. Lol

Two

Ha ha ha ha"

Only 4 men for the Conservatives in 104 years,

Four

Ha ha ha ha

belfast/holywood

At least tories had a woman PM

Two in fact

Which labour have never had . Ever

How many Jews in the shadow cabinet????

How many Jews in the cabinet ???

"At least tories had a woman PM

Two in fact

How many Jews in the cabinet ???"

I don’t know? Can you tell me?

What was the last time a Jew was leader of the conservatives?

When was the last time a Jew was leader of the Labour Party?

Churchill's mom was Jewish... Does that make him one?

"Churchill's mom was Jewish... Does that make him one? "

Nope

If Sanders wins, will he be the 1st Jewish president of the USA?

By *hMyGawdCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Anyone see the parallels between Sanders and Corbyn?

"Anyone see the parallels between Sanders and Corbyn?"

No, Sanders is Jewish though

Absolutely. They're equally antisemitic. (ie not at all.)

"Anyone see the parallels between Sanders and Corbyn?

Absolutely. They're equally antisemitic. (ie not at all.)"

Give him a chance, you know he is obsessed with JC , his theory will be interesting

Midlands

I was more getting at the parallel of them both being totally unelectable.

Midlands

The democrats are literally throwing this election away. A decent, centrist candidate would wipe the floor with Trump. Yet they're throwing in a loony leftie that nobody outside of the unemployed wants.

belfast/holywood

Yep- both left wing losers .

"Anyone see the parallels between Sanders and Corbyn?

Yep- both left wing losers ."

You're swearing less today. That's a nice change.

"I was more getting at the parallel of them both being totally unelectable."

Ah the old tactic of repeating a lie often enough in the hope people come to believe it. Goebbels was a proponent of such tactics.

Corbyn and Sanders were/are both electable. (Of course Corbyn failed. And Sanders might fail too. But they are/were both electable.)

"I was more getting at the parallel of them both being totally unelectable."

Yeah, why are you obsessed with JC, you seem to compare him with everything

"I was more getting at the parallel of them both being totally unelectable.

Yeah, why are you obsessed with JC, you seem to compare him with everything "

It's all Corbyn's fault! Even when it's not! Everything is!!! Somehow!!!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"These things never stay with one topic anyway. So here's a thread for all to rant about whatever poltical stuff is bugging them. (Try to play nice though, eh?)"

Priti Patel being Home Secretary.

It's down to a level of political correctness that's allowed her to use her gender and ethnicity to deflect from the fact that she's nothing more than a seething mass of hatred, rage, entitlement, hypocrisy, lies, disloyalty, incompetence and stupidity. She's known as Priti Vacant (apologies to The Sex Pistols) - and not without good reason.

Today, she's telling senior police officers she'll be unapologetic about holding them to account if they fail to reduce crime, since she's giving them extra resources. Presumably as unapologetic as she was for her Government cutting 22,000 police officers in the first place.

A Government that refused to accept crime had gone up because there were fewer police officers; and yet, their solution to reducing crime? More police officers.

She's entirely unfit for her current job. The fact that people are deluded enough to vote her into Parliament is disappointing; but Boris giving her real power? That's just negligence.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Two in fact

When was the last time a Jew was leader of the Labour Party? "

I think the last and only Jewish PM was Disreali

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Ah the old tactic of repeating a lie often enough in the hope people come to believe it. Goebbels was a proponent of such tactics.

Corbyn and Sanders were/are both electable. (Of course Corbyn failed. And Sanders might fail too. But they are/were both electable.)

"

If they fail how can they be electable?

"These things never stay with one topic anyway. So here's a thread for all to rant about whatever poltical stuff is bugging them. (Try to play nice though, eh?)

Priti Patel being Home Secretary.

It's down to a level of political correctness that's allowed her to use her gender and ethnicity to deflect from the fact that she's nothing more than a seething mass of hatred, rage, entitlement, hypocrisy, lies, disloyalty, incompetence and stupidity. She's known as Priti Vacant (apologies to The Sex Pistols) - and not without good reason.

Today, she's telling senior police officers she'll be unapologetic about holding them to account if they fail to reduce crime, since she's giving them extra resources. Presumably as unapologetic as she was for her Government cutting 22,000 police officers in the first place.

A Government that refused to accept crime had gone up because there were fewer police officers; and yet, their solution to reducing crime? More police officers.

She's entirely unfit for her current job. The fact that people are deluded enough to vote her into Parliament is disappointing; but Boris giving her real power? That's just negligence."

She does seem awful.

Two in fact

When was the last time a Jew was leader of the Labour Party? I think the last and only Jewish PM was Disreali"

How long ago was that? Do you know when labour last had a Jewish leader??

Midlands

"

Corbyn was never electable. I've said it for years. He's not what people want.

Sanders is a very similar flavour, in a very similar country.

Time will tell if I'm right.

"

When are you going to get over JC? Will you be still talking about him 10 years?

"

Yup, everything is Corbyn's fault. He gets around, doesn't he?

Corbyn was electable. However he wasn't elected. The 2 things are different. Do you even understand that?

A lot of people seemed to like him and his policies. His main problem was that he was smeared and ranted about in the right wing press for years. And he actually seemed to be sincere. What a foolish mistake that proved to be. Maybe he should have just lied a hell of a lot more, like the Tories.

Sanders is also electable. Though he may not be elected. He seems to have a lot of supporters. If he gets anywhere near winning, I suspect he'll suffer the sort of smears and lies in the right wing press that Corbyn did.

Will Sanders win? I have no idea. The rich and the status quo seem desperate to stop such people gaining power. It's almost as if they're afraid they might end up having to actually pay their taxes.

belfast/holywood

Corbyn was as electable as a dead hedgehog . Jeez- everyone in the country knew that. Even die hard , never ever ever ever voted Tory former labour voters knew that . Accepted if you knew nothing about politics you might have given him a chance. Just like he voted against his party 400 odd times as a back bencher against the former labour leadership he detested, his own MPs left his shadow cabinet in droves, similarly detested him as the most unpopular labour Leader ever recorded . His own MPs knew he would drag labour down and that’s precisely what happened . Isn’t it?.

"Corbyn was as electable as a dead hedgehog . Jeez- everyone in the country knew that. Even die hard , never ever ever ever voted Tory former labour voters knew that . Accepted if you knew nothing about politics you might have given him a chance. Just like he voted against his party 400 odd times as a back bencher against the former labour leadership he detested, his own MPs left his shadow cabinet in droves, similarly detested him as the most unpopular labour Leader ever recorded . His own MPs knew he would drag labour down and that’s precisely what happened . Isn’t it?."

Back to your old ways? Jeeeeeeez?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Corbyn was as electable as a dead hedgehog . Jeez- everyone in the country knew that. Even die hard , never ever ever ever voted Tory former labour voters knew that . Accepted if you knew nothing about politics you might have given him a chance. Just like he voted against his party 400 odd times as a back bencher against the former labour leadership he detested, his own MPs left his shadow cabinet in droves, similarly detested him as the most unpopular labour Leader ever recorded . His own MPs knew he would drag labour down and that’s precisely what happened . Isn’t it?.

Back to your old ways? Jeeeeeeez? "

The only problem with your support of him is the fact that May made such a mess of delivering brexit and when she quit was replaced by someone that many here ridicule as being a buffoon and he still couldnt win the election when a half decent leader would have walked it by a huge margin

"Corbyn was as electable as a dead hedgehog . Jeez- everyone in the country knew that. Even die hard , never ever ever ever voted Tory former labour voters knew that . Accepted if you knew nothing about politics you might have given him a chance. Just like he voted against his party 400 odd times as a back bencher against the former labour leadership he detested, his own MPs left his shadow cabinet in droves, similarly detested him as the most unpopular labour Leader ever recorded . His own MPs knew he would drag labour down and that’s precisely what happened . Isn’t it?.

Back to your old ways? Jeeeeeeez?

The only problem with your support of him is the fact that May made such a mess of delivering brexit and when she quit was replaced by someone that many here ridicule as being a buffoon and he still couldnt win the election when a half decent leader would have walked it by a huge margin"

JC wouldn’t have made a good PM the majority of people will accept that , what confuses me is that certain people on here are obsessed with him. I am glad you recognise that Boris only won because JC was the opposition

Midlands

"I am glad you recognise that Boris only won because JC was the opposition "

I absolutely guarantee Boris will win against the next Labour leader too.

People like him, and his politics.

Absolutely guarantee it.

"I am glad you recognise that Boris only won because JC was the opposition

Absolutely guarantee it."

His politics are as changeable as his underwear.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

JC wouldn’t have made a good PM the majority of people will accept that , what confuses me is that certain people on here are obsessed with him. I am glad you recognise that Boris only won because JC was the opposition "

The test will be at the next election, remember he got reelected as mayor in a labour city so cant have been that bad.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"The democrats are literally throwing this election away. A decent, centrist candidate would wipe the floor with Trump. Yet they're throwing in a loony leftie that nobody outside of the unemployed wants."

The Democrats put a centrist (by US standards) up against Trump last time round and Hillary lost - why should his time be any different?

The US economy is doing pretty well - growth, wages, and employment have continued on the upward trajectory that Trump inherited from Obama, and he's about to borrow an additional half a trillion a year to boost the economy even further.

While Trump has done a pretty dramatic 180 on his promise to stand up to the status quo, his supporters have airbrushed that from their memories and still appear to be motivated to actually show up to the polling booth on election day.

So he'll be tough to beat whoever the Dems put up against him - but a dull establishment middle of the roader hasn't got a hope in hell.

Bernie polls very well against him - and his policies poll incredibly well.

He's probably the dems best bet.

This is why people can only attack him on an emotional basis rather that a factual one - using terms like loony.

But the facts don't care about the feels.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

thing with bernie is same prob with corbyn he has his fans who love hime but is a pretty hard sell to the average voter and there the one who win you elections not your supporters

"

JC wouldn’t have made a good PM the majority of people will accept that , what confuses me is that certain people on here are obsessed with him. I am glad you recognise that Boris only won because JC was the opposition

The test will be at the next election, remember he got reelected as mayor in a labour city so cant have been that bad."

So did Ken Livingston and Sadiq Kahn?

"thing with bernie is same prob with corbyn he has his fans who love hime but is a pretty hard sell to the average voter and there the one who win you elections not your supporters"

I agree, sanders won’t be able to sway the ‘undecided’ voters

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"thing with bernie is same prob with corbyn he has his fans who love hime but is a pretty hard sell to the average voter and there the one who win you elections not your supporters"

Conventional wisdom says so - but the polling data said otherwise.

At the last election, Bernie polled better against Trump than Clinton did - especially in the crucial blue collar swing states which Hillary lost and cost her the presidency.

Obviously it's largely academic because Bernie didn't stand so we will never know how it would have turned out, but it does show that he has an appeal which goes way beyond a small clique of lefties.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

that if he makes it to november he looks like he abut to keel over everytime he gets excited personaly think it gona be trump again dont forget its not actualy the peeps who elect them the final say is the establishment and im guessing they dont like bernie.my guess donald for another term

"I am glad you recognise that Boris only won because JC was the opposition

Absolutely guarantee it.

His politics are as changeable as his underwear. "

Be fair. We don't know if he changes his underwear as often as his politics.

» Add a new message to this topic