FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris Johnson the Part-Time Prime Minister

Boris Johnson the Part-Time Prime Minister

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nterested99 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Carlisle

Boris Johnson is alive and well. He just doesn't care about running the country. He's too busy enjoying himself at posh fundraisers for the Conservative Party and planning his next holiday from a wealthy, unnamed donor. While floods devastated homes & livelihoods across large parts of the UK, Boris Johnson disappeared to a country mansion in Kent.

Discuss:

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Boris Johnson is alive and well. He just doesn't care about running the country. He's too busy enjoying himself at posh fundraisers for the Conservative Party and planning his next holiday from a wealthy, unnamed donor. While floods devastated homes & livelihoods across large parts of the UK, Boris Johnson disappeared to a country mansion in Kent.

Discuss:"

The less time he spends governing. The less damage he can do.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Not doing bad for part.timer

"Boris Johnson is alive and well. He just doesn't care about running the country. He's too busy enjoying himself at posh fundraisers for the Conservative Party and planning his next holiday from a wealthy, unnamed donor. While floods devastated homes & livelihoods across large parts of the UK, Boris Johnson disappeared to a country mansion in Kent.

I would much prefer a Prime Minister who takes holidays and uses time to re charge his batteries. He has a great team under him to whom he can delegate .

Visiting flood areas would simply be a publicity stunt. It is much better to be working hard behind the scenes at solutions to the problems.

In most cases householders will be insurered and where necessary can appoint loss adjusters to assist in their claims. Some people with the right type of insurance cover will probably end up with their house being in better condition that before.

Luckily for the UK electorate Boris is doing a great job. He won the election with a substantial majority . The general public will be richly awarded for their faith in him.

Discuss: I would much prefer a Prime Minister who takes holidays and uses time to re charge his batteries. He has a great team under him to whom he can delegate .

Visiting flood areas would simply be a publicity stunt. It is much better to be working hard behind the scenes at solutions to the problems.

In most cases householders will be insurered and where necessary can appoint loss adjusters to assist in their claims. Some people with the right type of insurance cover will probably end up with their house being in better condition that before.

Luckily for the UK electorate Boris is doing a great job. He won the election with a substantial majority . The general public will be richly awarded for their faith in him. "

Other than the penultimate sentence, this is all demonstrable bollocks.

Discuss:

The less time he spends governing. The less damage he can do. "

I like that

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He is busy running the country and not running round trying to get cheap publicity ie Corbyn

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Discuss: I would much prefer a Prime Minister who takes holidays and uses time to re charge his batteries. He has a great team under him to whom he can delegate .

Luckily for the UK electorate Boris is doing a great job. He won the election with a substantial majority . The general public will be richly awarded for their faith in him. "

What a load of bollacks he dosent give a toss, it's just about him self that moron Cummings.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Fantasists flourish.

He and Cummings are dangerous for the UK and the general population. It might help to give some reassurance to some of the people affected by flooding if he mobilised relief and himself to give a spotlight to how he'll drive improvements for environmental management etc

Discuss:

The less time he spends governing. The less damage he can do. "

Hi . An interesting quote . At least Boris would only do damage ( if we assume that your statement is correct ) . Jeremy Corbyn or Jo Swinson would have literally destroyed the economy . At least you can recover from damage , it is virtually impossible to recover from total destruction .

The general public appear to have concluded that as well .

The improved economic cycle began immediately after the day of the election . Substantial rises in share prices meant an increase in the value of pension funds ( helping a wide cross section of the population ) . Charities relying on investments and dividend income will also have gained and with a sound economy dividend income should also rise which in turn means more taxation for the Chancellor .

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Oh it's borises fault the floods ....or don't buy a house in a flood plain area ...or is it all down to brexit..

Luckily for the UK electorate Boris is doing a great job. He won the election with a substantial majority . The general public will be richly awarded for their faith in him.

What a load of bollacks he dosent give a toss, it's just about him self that moron Cummings. "

Whilst you may dislike Dominic Cummings I do not think many people would describe his as a moron . He is generally regarded as an exceptionally talented individual who has run two very successful campaigns .

Are you implying that all MPs could not care less about their constituents ? .

What a load of bollacks he dosent give a toss, it's just about him self that moron Cummings.

Whilst you may dislike Dominic Cummings I do not think many people would describe his as a moron . He is generally regarded as an exceptionally talented individual who has run two very successful campaigns .

Are you implying that all MPs could not care less about their constituents ? . "

Dominic Cummings is a sociopath - you say things that are just odd - I imagine you would make great bed fellows. Now remind me - last year was the worst year ever in retail? How rosy

Discuss:

The less time he spends governing. The less damage he can do. Hi . An interesting quote . At least Boris would only do damage ( if we assume that your statement is correct ) . Jeremy Corbyn or Jo Swinson would have literally destroyed the economy . At least you can recover from damage , it is virtually impossible to recover from total destruction .

The general public appear to have concluded that as well .

The improved economic cycle began immediately after the day of the election . Substantial rises in share prices meant an increase in the value of pension funds ( helping a wide cross section of the population ) . Charities relying on investments and dividend income will also have gained and with a sound economy dividend income should also rise which in turn means more taxation for the Chancellor .

"

All markets stall and dip at the time of election due to uncertainty . There would have been an " Improved economic cycle "the very next day if i had of got in ! .. Dont believe the " Boris Bounce " bit for a moment

Dominic Cummings is a sociopath - you say things that are just odd - I imagine you would make great bed fellows. Now remind me - last year was the worst year ever in retail? How rosy "

Hi. Clearly you are entitled to your opinion but if I have the choice between accepting your opinion of Dominic Cummings and the Conservative party and that of the electorate who returned the party to power with a very substantial majority hopefully you will accept that I am entitled to agree with the electorate.

Dominic Cummings is generally regarded as being an exceptionally talented individual and one of the architects of the Conservative parties success.

He realised that life existed outside the Metropolitan liberal elite and concentrated the campaign on a number of key areas.

The government can hardly be blamed for the problems facing retail( with the exception of rates ) . Too many consumers are purchasing goods on line .

If you want an excellent example of retail success maybe examine Dunelm . Their results are ahead of expectations and the share price has risen by 50 % in the last year.

I would also prefer this prime minister to take holidays. 365 days a year sounds about right. He can happily play with a train set and leave government to somebody who isn't utterly self-serving, mendacious and incompetent.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

I bet he puts in far more hours a day than anyone on here, (most of whom being employed will be restricted by EU law on how many hours they can work )

It doesn't matter which party you support you only have to look at photos of PMs before and after office to see the toll it takes on them while in office

Dominic Cummings is a sociopath - you say things that are just odd - I imagine you would make great bed fellows. Now remind me - last year was the worst year ever in retail? How rosy Hi. Clearly you are entitled to your opinion but if I have the choice between accepting your opinion of Dominic Cummings and the Conservative party and that of the electorate who returned the party to power with a very substantial majority hopefully you will accept that I am entitled to agree with the electorate.

Dominic Cummings is generally regarded as being an exceptionally talented individual and one of the architects of the Conservative parties success.

He realised that life existed outside the Metropolitan liberal elite and concentrated the campaign on a number of key areas.

The government can hardly be blamed for the problems facing retail( with the exception of rates ) . Too many consumers are purchasing goods on line .

If you want an excellent example of retail success maybe examine Dunelm . Their results are ahead of expectations and the share price has risen by 50 % in the last year. "

Oh you are funny. I absolutely agree that there is life outside London and that ten years of ignoring that divide and allowing London to become a swollen boil led to a crisis which almost destroyed the conservative party thanks to the victim mentality promoted by Farage and the pretence of rebellion and independence he sold to part of the electorate (he does call himself a salesman after all). Boris wants to be a great leader but is broad strokes at best and what that product of the elite Dominic Cummings is doing is the destruction of parliamentary convention and structures because he has a frighteningly single minded idea that it is too slow for this modern world. He is a very clever man but he doesn’t believe in democracy. As for Dunelm - a company that buts cheap chinese crap in quantity and knocks it out from retail parks is hardly a fair comparison with the high street. If you cannot see that the only retailers who are making money are doing so by racing to the bottom and buying up old and low quality stock to sell off cheap then you are misinformed.

bournemouth

The reason the high street is failing is due to internet sales. Shops cant compete with their prices

"I bet he puts in far more hours a day than anyone on here, (most of whom being employed will be restricted by EU law on how many hours they can work )

It doesn't matter which party you support you only have to look at photos of PMs before and after office to see the toll it takes on them while in office"

Never been anything other than self employed so cannot comment on your slightly odd EU hours comment apart from wondering why you think thats an issue. People who work hard to build a business or run a government accept they will be putting in a lot of hours but dont forget that they are surrounded by people who work hard too so my sympathies are limited on that matter

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Love the way people repeat corbyn,s bollox I would much rather a prime minister who trusts the ministers he has put in place to do the jobs they are supposed to than someone running round like a headless chicken trying to look like they know everything.I bet the op would be the 1st to complain if the boss kept inter fearing with every aspect of their day to day job i know i wouldnt want to work for someone like that it shows a lack of trust and leadership.

bournemouth

"I bet he puts in far more hours a day than anyone on here, (most of whom being employed will be restricted by EU law on how many hours they can work )

It doesn't matter which party you support you only have to look at photos of PMs before and after office to see the toll it takes on them while in office

Never been anything other than self employed so cannot comment on your slightly odd EU hours comment apart from wondering why you think thats an issue. People who work hard to build a business or run a government accept they will be putting in a lot of hours but dont forget that they are surrounded by people who work hard too so my sympathies are limited on that matter"

Its not rocket science, people complain he takes time off, many of whom will be restricted in the hours they can work so have lots of time off, surely you know about the EU working time directive ?

Never been anything other than self employed so cannot comment on your slightly odd EU hours comment apart from wondering why you think thats an issue. People who work hard to build a business or run a government accept they will be putting in a lot of hours but dont forget that they are surrounded by people who work hard too so my sympathies are limited on that matter

Its not rocket science, people complain he takes time off, many of whom will be restricted in the hours they can work so have lots of time off, surely you know about the EU working time directive ?

"

The one that you can opt out off?

bournemouth

What has that do do with it, as far as I'm concerned 48 hours is part, running my own business I work far far more but I enjoy my work so it's different. BUT this thread is about BJ taking time off and people complaining he does, how many hours do you think he should work ?

"What has that do do with it, as far as I'm concerned 48 hours is part, running my own business I work far far more but I enjoy my work so it's different. BUT this thread is about BJ taking time off and people complaining he does, how many hours do you think he should work ? "

Personally I think he should work more hours than he is able to but realistically you could answer the point which is that people who are in positions of power have to work hard to get there and the reward is possibly power, satisfaction, financial or egotistical which doesn’t make it wrong....it just appears that Bojo is schmoozing rather than working....but then we know he is not the brains behind it all dont we

"Love the way people repeat corbyn,s bollox I would much rather a prime minister who trusts the ministers he has put in place to do the jobs they are supposed to than someone running round like a headless chicken trying to look like they know everything.I bet the op would be the 1st to complain if the boss kept inter fearing with every aspect of their day to day job i know i wouldnt want to work for someone like that it shows a lack of trust and leadership. "

Not sure where Corbyn got brought into this thread....its supposed to be about Boris

"What has that do do with it, as far as I'm concerned 48 hours is part, running my own business I work far far more but I enjoy my work so it's different. BUT this thread is about BJ taking time off and people complaining he does, how many hours do you think he should work ? "

You brought up the EU working time directive? Why? I couldn’t care less how many hours Boris ‘works’ , he is only Cummings little puppet anyway

"Love the way people repeat corbyn,s bollox I would much rather a prime minister who trusts the ministers he has put in place to do the jobs they are supposed to than someone running round like a headless chicken trying to look like they know everything.I bet the op would be the 1st to complain if the boss kept inter fearing with every aspect of their day to day job i know i wouldnt want to work for someone like that it shows a lack of trust and leadership.

Not sure where Corbyn got brought into this thread....its supposed to be about Boris "

Because they are obsessed with JC

"What has that do do with it, as far as I'm concerned 48 hours is part, running my own business I work far far more but I enjoy my work so it's different. BUT this thread is about BJ taking time off and people complaining he does, how many hours do you think he should work ?

Personally I think he should work more hours than he is able to but realistically you could answer the point which is that people who are in positions of power have to work hard to get there and the reward is possibly power, satisfaction, financial or egotistical which doesn’t make it wrong....it just appears that Bojo is schmoozing rather than working....but then we know he is not the brains behind it all dont we "

However you would have no idea how many hours Boris works. We can be satisfied that he has a full workload and is working around the clock . I would be surprised if any cabinet minister has much free time . An exceptionally talented individual who is multi lingual. The public have put their faith in him and returned him to power with a substantial majority. We can be confident that he will not let us down.

Maybe you should list the hours that Boris has taken off and we can then assess whether this was reasonable .

The stark reality is that he is one call 24/7 and has no idle time or privacy with his life being under constant scrutiny.

In addition he has faith in his cabinet and is happy to delegate tasks to them.

"What has that do do with it, as far as I'm concerned 48 hours is part, running my own business I work far far more but I enjoy my work so it's different. BUT this thread is about BJ taking time off and people complaining he does, how many hours do you think he should work ?

Personally I think he should work more hours than he is able to but realistically you could answer the point which is that people who are in positions of power have to work hard to get there and the reward is possibly power, satisfaction, financial or egotistical which doesn’t make it wrong....it just appears that Bojo is schmoozing rather than working....but then we know he is not the brains behind it all dont we However you would have no idea how many hours Boris works. We can be satisfied that he has a full workload and is working around the clock . I would be surprised if any cabinet minister has much free time . An exceptionally talented individual who is multi lingual. The public have put their faith in him and returned him to power with a substantial majority. We can be confident that he will not let us down.

Maybe you should list the hours that Boris has taken off and we can then assess whether this was reasonable .

The stark reality is that he is one call 24/7 and has no idle time or privacy with his life being under constant scrutiny.

"

How many languages can he speak fluently?

Personally I think he should work more hours than he is able to but realistically you could answer the point which is that people who are in positions of power have to work hard to get there and the reward is possibly power, satisfaction, financial or egotistical which doesn’t make it wrong....it just appears that Bojo is schmoozing rather than working....but then we know he is not the brains behind it all dont we However you would have no idea how many hours Boris works. We can be satisfied that he has a full workload and is working around the clock . I would be surprised if any cabinet minister has much free time . An exceptionally talented individual who is multi lingual. The public have put their faith in him and returned him to power with a substantial majority. We can be confident that he will not let us down.

How many languages can he speak fluently? "

Hi. Buy his biography and you will find out. In addition he is an expert in Latin. A lot more talented than Jeremy Corbyn .

How many languages can he speak fluently? Hi. Buy his biography and you will find out. In addition he is an expert in Latin. A lot more talented than Jeremy Corbyn . "

Why are you bringing up JC. Is it true he got a 2:1 in his degree?

" he is an expert in Latin. "

An expert in a dead language

What a clever fella

near ipswich

"Love the way people repeat corbyn,s bollox I would much rather a prime minister who trusts the ministers he has put in place to do the jobs they are supposed to than someone running round like a headless chicken trying to look like they know everything.I bet the op would be the 1st to complain if the boss kept inter fearing with every aspect of their day to day job i know i wouldnt want to work for someone like that it shows a lack of trust and leadership.

Not sure where Corbyn got brought into this thread....its supposed to be about Boris "

You obviously didnt watch pmq,s yesterday or maybe you did as nearly word for word the crap he was spouting.

" he is an expert in Latin.

What a clever fella "

Indeed, his grasp of Latin will give him an advantage in any Brexit negotiations

Not sure where Corbyn got brought into this thread....its supposed to be about Boris You obviously didnt watch pmq,s yesterday or maybe you did as nearly word for word the crap he was spouting. "

Yes, it was awful, he is leaving though? So surely it is irrelevant? You did know that ?

near ipswich

Not sure where Corbyn got brought into this thread....its supposed to be about Boris You obviously didnt watch pmq,s yesterday or maybe you did as nearly word for word the crap he was spouting.

Yes, it was awful, he is leaving though? So surely it is irrelevant? You did know that ? "

So you did watch it so you knew the reason i brought him in the convo and still ask why?

near ipswich

What a clever fella

Indeed, his grasp of Latin will give him an advantage in any Brexit negotiations "

It will certainly help him with his spanish and italian.

What a clever fella

Indeed, his grasp of Latin will give him an advantage in any Brexit negotiations It will certainly help him with his spanish and italian. "

No need, I am sure they all speak fluent English

Not sure where Corbyn got brought into this thread....its supposed to be about Boris You obviously didnt watch pmq,s yesterday or maybe you did as nearly word for word the crap he was spouting.

Yes, it was awful, he is leaving though? So surely it is irrelevant? You did know that ? So you did watch it so you knew the reason i brought him in the convo and still ask why?"

Why? Why do you have to compare everything Boris does with JC? Is that his bench mark ? What will you do when JC leaves ?

bournemouth

People were saying he was electable and now labour supporters are saying he was awful at PMQs well if he cant do that well what hope did he have running a country

"People were saying he was electable and now labour supporters are saying he was awful at PMQs well if he cant do that well what hope did he have running a country"

He wasn’t great at PMQs, he is leaving the job? You have admitted yourself that ‘any other leader would have won the GE’. JC wouldn’t have made a great PM and neither will Boris .

What a clever fella

Indeed, his grasp of Latin will give him an advantage in any Brexit negotiations "

However that is one of a number of languages which he speaks. He is able to converse with out Eourpean partners in their native languages which is a bonus when it comes to negotiations .

What a clever fella

Indeed, his grasp of Latin will give him an advantage in any Brexit negotiations However that is one of a number of languages which he speaks. He is able to converse with out Eourpean partners in their native languages which is a bonus when it comes to negotiations . "

Why? They can all speak English . Is he fluent in

German

French

Spanish

Italian

Dutch

Polish

Swedish

Finnish

Austrian

Bulgarian

Danish

Greek etc etc

How many languages can he speak fluently? "

Well he’s almost mastered English.

Well he’s almost mastered English."

He's fluent in bullshit, waffling and blustering. Credit where credit's due.

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

Now this proves how decapitated heads in the sand londoners are from the rest of us - the High and mighty - cocaine is rife thoughout the city elites and bankers in the shiny city " high " rises

Money money money & total bullshitters. Aka the Boris..

people matter. Not everything is valued in pound notes.

Let the North south - sorry London divide continue...

Well he’s almost mastered English.

He's fluent in bullshit, waffling and blustering. Credit where credit's due. "

"Oh it's borises fault the floods ....or don't buy a house in a flood plain area ...or is it all down to brexit..

"

Let's blame EU then

» Add a new message to this topic