FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Scotland vs Trump empire

Scotland vs Trump empire

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Eric Trump has accused Patrick Harvie ( MSP) of libel and all sorts of things after the latter asked in the Scottish Parliament if a search on Unexplained Wealth could be done on the source of payment for Turnberry and Menie.

This had been highlighted since Trump had no obvious source of the money and he bought during a time of austerity. It is now being considered by Scotland’s AdvocateGeneral.

Could he be money laundering in Scotland, thinking it’s such a backwater or mistakingly thinking he knows its psyche via his genes/ego? If that is the case, I don’t think Scotland would back away from finding out. In fact, it’d be like a ferret after a rat. Interesting to watch.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Who is Eric Trump?

Really?

Grantham

Ah, you mean Donald Trump.

Surely any investigations into criminality have to be done by the police and not the Government?

No..... I mean Eric. By Trump, I mean Donald.

[Removed by poster at 27/02/20 20:54:23]

My mistake- Lord Advocate , not Advocate General.

Grantham

"No..... I mean Eric. By Trump, I mean Donald."

Got you now. A son of Trump.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Eric Trump has accused Patrick Harvie ( MSP) of libel and all sorts of things after the latter asked in the Scottish Parliament if a search on Unexplained Wealth could be done on the source of payment for Turnberry and Menie.

This had been highlighted since Trump had no obvious source of the money and he bought during a time of austerity. It is now being considered by Scotland’s AdvocateGeneral.

Could he be money laundering in Scotland, thinking it’s such a backwater or mistakingly thinking he knows its psyche via his genes/ego? If that is the case, I don’t think Scotland would back away from finding out. In fact, it’d be like a ferret after a rat. Interesting to watch....."

Trump has brought Turnberry into a top 5 star hotel, the hotel and rooms are far better standard than Gleneagles or Old Course St. Andrews, just a shame its in a shit hole location with zero to do.

in saying that he has spent a lot on the hotel and the rooms are luxury.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

So what's the plan then force him to demolish it?

There were several high figure payouts made to local councils land owners all above board in exchange for the land.

I don't see them complaining.

They are, but that’s another matter.

The issue is the possibility Turnberry and Menie were bought and developed by money being laundered. There appears to be no obvious source of this wealth in a time where other Trump hotels were failing, hence the process of investigation being initiated.

Harvie felt the full force of Eric's wrath in a blast of bombast and threats of libel cases and legal action, despite the issue being discussed in a parliament where content of discussion is protected, which does smell as though there may be substance to the case.

Once the process starts, if it does, Eric and Trump will need to prove exactly where the money came from. I’d imagine it’ll be expensive all round....

"No..... I mean Eric. By Trump, I mean Donald.

Got you now. A son of Trump. "

..........took a while but you got there

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

Trump bought historical coastal nature reserve land - In England this would have been protected by English law. £

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219599/Donald-Trump-Suffering-residents-near-Aberdeenshire-golf-resort-documentary.html

It was protected by Scottish law.

The SP over ruled the SSSI rule after being promised loads of jobs, housing, improvements in infrastructure, all sorts, which did not materialise. I suspect they were beguiled by charisma and talk. When the promises all fell through, an offshore wind farm was built, which elicited a letter from Trump which was hysterical to read. Think I’ll-educated 12 year old hormonal child.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I'm sure there was a documentary on this. Will see if I dig up a link.

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

Yes the documentary was jaw dropping - the bbc guy got arrested on trumps orders - local police & SNP in his pocket.

Local folk - Bullied with meat head security guards on Trumps pay roll -local croft holders abused and pensioners - even the water was cut off for weeks as a tactic.

Should be on youtube

The tide turned after that as the realisation of what the Scots had taken on. That’s why I think they’ll go after the laundered money angle. However, it’ll be a worldwide dirty fight.

Good piece in the Scotsman online today about exactly this subject (unexplained wealth buying property in Scotland). Watch this space- it’s a global thing....

» Add a new message to this topic