FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Godzilla versus the bogeyman

Godzilla versus the bogeyman

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *an For You OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Brexit versus coronavirus- which will cost the UK more (in monetary terms ; think before you answer )

In human terms , approx 620,000 people die in the UK every year. Mostly from preventable illnesses- heart , alcohol, lifestyle / cigarette related illnesses. Yet we don’t ban cigarettes, alcohol, takeaways and such deaths NEVER make the news . Then there are elderly, end of life deaths . 620,000 every year. And now even if we have 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000- it’s a drop in the ocean.

But ( my opinion), the economy is gonna be far worse hit by the virus than by Brexit - isn’t it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Brexit versus coronavirus- which will cost the UK more (in monetary terms ; think before you answer )

In human terms , approx 620,000 people die in the UK every year. Mostly from preventable illnesses- heart , alcohol, lifestyle / cigarette related illnesses. Yet we don’t ban cigarettes, alcohol, takeaways and such deaths NEVER make the news . Then there are elderly, end of life deaths . 620,000 every year. And now even if we have 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000- it’s a drop in the ocean.

But ( my opinion), the economy is gonna be far worse hit by the virus than by Brexit - isn’t it ?"

I agree with you,I have a feeling that leaving will be daoayed due to this

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Brexit versus coronavirus- which will cost the UK more (in monetary terms ; think before you answer )

But ( my opinion), the economy is gonna be far worse hit by the virus than by Brexit - isn’t it ?"

Probably, one was unavoidable the other wasn’t .

By *an For You OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

It’s called democracy. It was only avoidable if you are a Marxist or a fascist. Which are you?

I'm starting to think the virus was created by the remain campaign, wipe out loads of old people then have another referendum

"It’s called democracy. It was only avoidable if you are a Marxist or a fascist. Which are you?"

Neither, try again

"I'm starting to think the virus was created by the remain campaign, wipe out loads of old people then have another referendum "

Yeah, I think your into something, at least you can’t blame it on the EU anymore

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I'm starting to think the virus was created by the remain campaign, wipe out loads of old people then have another referendum

Yeah, I think your into something, at least you can’t blame it on the EU anymore "

Why not a lot of cases coming back from Italy.The Italians have historical links to China through Marco Polo and we did beat them in the war,you never know

"I'm starting to think the virus was created by the remain campaign, wipe out loads of old people then have another referendum

Yeah, I think your into something, at least you can’t blame it on the EU anymore Why not a lot of cases coming back from Italy.The Italians have historical links to China through Marco Polo and we did beat them in the war,you never know "

What has that got to do with the EU

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Depends on your timeline. Immediately, the virus. Longer term, who knows?

However, as you correctly imply, both will harm the UK economy.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The impact upon the economy, I would assume based on the virus and its impacts being new, would be larger for something that has long-standing effects and where the UK is disproportionately affected.

Assuming both have sizeable impact, the virus will be somewhat balanced across states, though brexit won't be. The viral hit should be shorter-term than brexit, which likely will affect millions for the rest of their lives.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Also both can be used to hide other issues. Ie Brexit is being used as a means to distract people from our own governments failings and media manipulation. And Corona virus can be used as a scapegoat for the imminent financial crash due to debt bubble.

As has been pointed out above though, we could have chosen not to inflict Brexit upon ourselves.

-Matt

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Or we may be able to react to things for our benefit and how we want, already in the french papers they are saying that they must not give into pressure to export PPE to other EU countries, so much for solidarity

This virus IF it becomes worse could well be the wake up call to the UK and other countries that globalism has serious problems and a country like the UK needs to be more self reliant

"I'm starting to think the virus was created by the remain campaign, wipe out loads of old people then have another referendum "

Shit, you sussed us

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Or we may be able to react to things for our benefit and how we want, already in the french papers they are saying that they must not give into pressure to export PPE to other EU countries, so much for solidarity

This virus IF it becomes worse could well be the wake up call to the UK and other countries that globalism has serious problems and a country like the UK needs to be more self reliant "

Lol. That is hilarious.

-Matt

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"It’s called democracy. It was only avoidable if you are a Marxist or a fascist. Which are you?"

Nonsense. Brexit was entirely avoidable; by Cameron having the balls to tell Farage to fuck off - and being prepared to lose a dozen Tory seats in Parliament, in order to benefit the UK as a whole.

Instead, the fucking muppet put his Party before the country and asked a question that didn't need to be asked - because he equated the "undeniable" logic of Scotland staying in the UK, with the UK staying in the EU.

You were right about one thing, though. The Covid 19 is going to do more damage.

» Add a new message to this topic