FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Fuel Shortage

Fuel Shortage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fuel shortage is next

filled up yesterday after sitting in a queue in Tesco forecourt

There is plenty fuel for distribution right now but with everyone buying it up forecourts will sit empty especially if drivers of the tankers contract the virus.

Townies get educated before you store fuel and ensure you store in correct containers

If you are using 205 litre closed top steel drums for diesel or petrol ensure you leave room for venting and expansion

for us with Kerosene heating fuel (countryside dwellers) ensure your tank is full, double skin fully bunded tanks are best and ideally 2300litre tank

for those in towns and cities, best just stick to your Bus, Train or Tube, or indeed your bicycle

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Doing the rounds on social media, so must be true!

There is plenty of fuel. There is no hint of any shortage.

Why post such misleading nonsense?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It wont really matter we will all be on lock down soon.So much fake news out there.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

This sort of post causes panic buying.. All it causes, is, self, self, self fuck the rest attitude. Be sensible about things, a hard task for some I know.stop these kind of posts,

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

This is what started the toilet roll panic. Saying that all the toilet roll is gone.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

This way people can stay at home sitting on piles of loo roll with their cars parked outside full of fuel.

This is fuckwittery

Grantham

Asking the mods to delete this thread.

Offering advice on storing fuel is do dangerous, it's unbelievable.

Let alone the scaremongering nonsense.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Op you are being a bit cheeky here after seeing the Lounge thread.

I’m gonna start a panic sale of gold if you carry on.

near ipswich

"This sort of post causes panic buying.. All it causes, is, self, self, self fuck the rest attitude. Be sensible about things, a hard task for some I know.stop these kind of posts, "
Totally agree.

West London

"Fuel shortage is next

There is plenty fuel for distribution right now but with everyone buying it up forecourts will sit empty especially if drivers of the tankers contract the virus.

Townies get educated before you store fuel and ensure you store in correct containers

If you are using 205 litre closed top steel drums for diesel or petrol ensure you leave room for venting and expansion

for us with Kerosene heating fuel (countryside dwellers) ensure your tank is full, double skin fully bunded tanks are best and ideally 2300litre tank

for those in towns and cities, best just stick to your Bus, Train or Tube, or indeed your bicycle "

If you are posting this you are not the sensible, no nonsense man that you think you are.

You are being a scaremonger.

Have a think about that.

"Fuel shortage is next

for those in towns and cities, best just stick to your Bus, Train or Tube, or indeed your bicycle

If you are posting this you are not the sensible, no nonsense man that you think you are.

Have a think about that."

not at all, I live in the country, I need fuel and I experienced this yesterday as vehicles were queued well out of the forecourt

You may not see this as you are a Londoner, you can stick to your bicycle or your tube for getting around

most of us in the country are already stalked up, I know I am

you need to remember fuel is not just for cars we need it for quad bikes etc to move around forestry

we need it for chain saws and other petrol driven machinery

your laptop may not require fuel but my quad bike does

You make your preparations, and I will make mine

have a nice day now

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i cycle everywhere already so hoard as much fuel as you want. just remember it is flamable lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I get the impression that people enjoy these shortages it is crazy,plenty of food,plenty of fuel etc it is crazy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Fuel shortage is next

for those in towns and cities, best just stick to your Bus, Train or Tube, or indeed your bicycle "

Must be another wind up post

By *onybart2404TV/TS  over a year ago

keady

Fake news

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the irony of the OP is that the situation is the exact opposite.....

because of a spat over oil pricing between the saudi's (OPEC) and Russia... the saudi's and their partners are flooding the market with oil at much cheaper prices...... which has brought down the price of oil by about 50% in the last 2 weeks....

when it really starts feeding thru the price of petrol is going to drop....

posts like the original one are grossly irresponsible...

West London

"Fuel shortage is next

Have a think about that.

not at all, I live in the country, I need fuel and I experienced this yesterday as vehicles were queued well out of the forecourt

You may not see this as you are a Londoner, you can stick to your bicycle or your tube for getting around

most of us in the country are already stalked up, I know I am

you need to remember fuel is not just for cars we need it for quad bikes etc to move around forestry

we need it for chain saws and other petrol driven machinery

your laptop may not require fuel but my quad bike does

You make your preparations, and I will make mine

have a nice day now "

You experienced one wait for fuel therefore there is a national shortage?

Talk about self-obsessed.

You are a scaremonger. Spreading fear and causing panic.

Well done

More fake news

"This sort of post causes panic buying.. All it causes, is, self, self, self fuck the rest attitude. Be sensible about things, a hard task for some I know.stop these kind of posts, "

Very true

"the irony of the OP is that the situation is the exact opposite.....

because of a spat over oil pricing between the saudi's (OPEC) and Russia... the saudi's and their partners are flooding the market with oil at much cheaper prices...... which has brought down the price of oil by about 50% in the last 2 weeks....

posts like the original one are grossly irresponsible..."

price of petrol may indeed drop, I have already questioned why the price remains so high at £1.16 when Crude is around the $30 mark

but.....

the price aint going to fill your tank up when your local garage or Tesco garage is sold out and not enough supply tanker drivers to supply fuel courts that have run out.

Was chatting to a couple of mates on a few offshore platforms that I used to work on before I took early retirement, they have informed me that both platforms have down manned to 50 main personnel, one of the platforms has 2 guys in isolation and rest of crew at risk

if this continues these platforms will have to shut down

its okay for you living in the city traveling around on your bicycle or by tube, others like myself require fuel for travel and fun.

West London

price of petrol may indeed drop, I have already questioned why the price remains so high at £1.16 when Crude is around the $30 mark

but.....

the price aint going to fill your tank up when your local garage or Tesco garage is sold out and not enough supply tanker drivers to supply fuel courts that have run out.

Was chatting to a couple of mates on a few offshore platforms that I used to work on before I took early retirement, they have informed me that both platforms have down manned to 50 main personnel, one of the platforms has 2 guys in isolation and rest of crew at risk

its okay for you living in the city traveling around on your bicycle or by tube, others like myself require fuel for travel and fun.

"

You had to queue for petrol so started a rumour that there are fuel shortages.

Now some genuinely weird logical leaps to justify a supply crisis.

You are scaremongering.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

and i can answer that as well......

because since the referendum the value of the pound against the dollar have dropped the best part of 15-20%.....

so the pound is not as strong as it was....

remember when certain people here said the devaluation on the pound was brilliant because it would help with exports...... and other people rightly pointed out that imports way exceed exports....

well...... taaa daa!!!!

"

because since the referendum the value of the pound against the dollar have dropped the best part of 15-20%.....

remember when certain people here said the devaluation on the pound was brilliant because it would help with exports...... and other people rightly pointed out that imports way exceed exports....

well...... taaa daa!!!!"

https://www.nextgreencar.com/car-tax/fuel-duty/

for your info

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

but.....

You are scaremongering."

Bloody scaremongers! Now I'm going to have to get down to the petrol station and fill up my car's before the idiot panic buyers get there. grrrr

but.....

You are scaremongering.

Bloody scaremongers! Now I'm going to have to get down to the petrol station and fill up my car's before the idiot panic buyers get there. grrrr

"

a thing I will not have to do, I have all the fuel I need for a long time

I normally spend my days visiting customers offices and sites so burn through about 3 tank fulls a week, about 210 litres.

Almost all site and customer visits are suspended so I filled up last Friday and still have 3/4 tank.

So repeat this uk wide and I doubt we will run out of fuel.

I’m not bothering to top up for the sake of it, I’ll hopefully be able to just work at our factory and it will take me weeks to use up what I have.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

well...... taaa daa!!!!

for your info"

for your info..... that hasn't changed in the timescale we are talking about (if you had bothered to actually read it it has not changed since 2011!)

so "for your info".... stop talking shit.... please.... just stop talking shit!!!!

so.... back to what i said....

The pound was trading at just below $1.50 before Britain voted to leave the EU in June 2016.

today the pound is trading at $1.16

your pound is worth less today than it was then....

today we again caught a break because the price of oil dropped again to roughly $25 dollars a barrel.... so prices may come down again...

but that does mitigate the fact you have been talking "shit" all the way thru this thread.....

"

well...... taaa daa!!!!

for your info

for your info..... that hasn't changed in the timescale we are talking about (if you had bothered to actually read it it has not changed since 2011!)

so "for your info".... stop talking shit.... please.... just stop talking shit!!!!

so.... back to what i said....

The pound was trading at just below $1.50 before Britain voted to leave the EU in June 2016.

today the pound is trading at $1.16

your pound is worth less today than it was then....

today we again caught a break because the price of oil dropped again to roughly $25 dollars a barrel.... so prices may come down again...

but that does mitigate the fact you have been talking "shit" all the way thru this thread..... "

I maintain that a reduction in the pound was coming anyway, though not so drastically,.

Making uk manufacturing more competitive internationally is an advantage and making our products more affordable at home to consumers and buyers, home grown might be the more cost effective choice.

And as for the op, you have worked in petrochemicals and I assume have a good understanding of flash points and specific gravity, containment etc so are comfortable with storing flammables but most people aren’t, my degree is in mechanical engineering not chemistry but I did mess around with petrol V8 power boats when younger and a petrol fume flash fire is devastating.

Unless you really know what you are doing or have a properly set up system leave the storage of fuels to those that do, I really can’t see this being a product we should be queuing or hoarding.

"

Unless you really know what you are doing or have a properly set up system leave the storage of fuels to those that do, I really can’t see this being a product we should be queuing or hoarding."

agree

people should not hoard petrol inless a small 10 litre tank

diesel is a different matter no different from kerosene which most Scottish rural households store in 1900 ltr to 2300 ltr tanks

only real issue is spillage, ideally double skin bunded tanks are advisable

majority of folks on here are townies and have no idea how to fuel up anyway, townies should stick to bicycles or tubes

West London

"

Unless you really know what you are doing or have a properly set up system leave the storage of fuels to those that do, I really can’t see this being a product we should be queuing or hoarding.

agree

people should not hoard petrol inless a small 10 litre tank

diesel is a different matter no different from kerosene which most Scottish rural households store in 1900 ltr to 2300 ltr tanks

only real issue is spillage, ideally double skin bunded tanks are advisable

majority of folks on here are townies and have no idea how to fuel up anyway, townies should stick to bicycles or tubes "

Fuel Shortage

There's no fuel shortage.

You are a scaremonger.

Fuel shortage, load of bollox.

Fkin idiot!.......

appears there is going to be a Tube transport shortage in London

Newcastle and Gateshead

"appears there is going to be a Tube transport shortage in London"

no no no no no!!!!

Just Fucking stop it will you!!!

the reduction of service is NOTHING to do with fuel shortage... it is to do with the mayor winding down services to discourage people from leisure travelling... so the services will only be used by those who need to use it!

honesting .... if you know nothing of what you speak, instead of digging a deeper hole, just shut up!

please.... shut up!!

"appears there is going to be a Tube transport shortage in London

no no no no no!!!!

the reduction of service is NOTHING to do with fuel shortage... it is to do with the mayor winding down services to discourage people from leisure travelling... so the services will only be used by those who need to use it!

honesting .... if you know nothing of what you speak, instead of digging a deeper hole, just shut up!

please.... shut up!!"

jeeezo

what is wrong with you, is this effecting your sanity???

No one ever mentioned it was fuel effecting the tubes, we are all aware of why the tubes are shutting down and come on everybody knows they run on Electricity

why do you think you are warned not to step on the lines

jeez you really think this was to do with fuel shortage, but thank you, you did cheer me up and give me a real good laugh

DC current

near ipswich

no no no no no!!!!

please.... shut up!!"

Blimey mate calm down you're give yourself a heart attack.

no no no no no!!!!

please.... shut up!!Blimey mate calm down you're give yourself a heart attack. "

good advice

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I am going nowhere for 3 months, remind me why I need to go out a buy loads of fuel.

"I am going nowhere for 3 months, remind me why I need to go out a buy loads of fuel."

Because if you don't, the OP is going to look like a complete dick...again.

Grantham

And fuel is getting cheaper and cheaper.

By *ady Penny Morgan SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Could be near you........

but.....

You are scaremongering.

a thing I will not have to do, I have all the fuel I need for a long time "

You will need all that fuel anyway to burn all the toilet rolls you have probably stocked up and won't use!

Hopefully you do know how to store fuel but if you don't and the fuel goes up! and you are sitting on the pan surrounded with your hoarded toilet rolls! Can you do us all a favour and video yourself doing the dance of the flaming arsehole!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Currently it's projected that fuel storage facilities globally could get closer to 100% filled this year, with the reduced demands due to businesses shut down, social isolation in many countries, as well as restrictions on certain countries being lifted, at a time when they want to increase production. Currently 75% approx filled.

"Currently it's projected that fuel storage facilities globally could get closer to 100% filled this year, with the reduced demands due to businesses shut down, social isolation in many countries, as well as restrictions on certain countries being lifted, at a time when they want to increase production. Currently 75% approx filled. "

Various North Sea Platforms are considering shutting down, this is mainly due to

1. Brent Crude $26 per barrel

2. Safety concerns with Corona Virus

3. safe transporting of Crews as helicopter is now considered unsafe

West London

"Currently it's projected that fuel storage facilities globally could get closer to 100% filled this year, with the reduced demands due to businesses shut down, social isolation in many countries, as well as restrictions on certain countries being lifted, at a time when they want to increase production. Currently 75% approx filled.

Various North Sea Platforms are considering shutting down, this is mainly due to

1. Brent Crude $26 per barrel

2. Safety concerns with Corona Virus

3. safe transporting of Crews as helicopter is now considered unsafe"

You understand what a global market is right?

Not extracting it from the North Sea doesn't mean that we can't get any

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

u should stick to a fucking horse

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

You won't need fuel shortly.

N Yorks police are, now going to put up road blocks to stop all unecessary travel. The police in the UK now have the power to pull in any vehicle

You will be asked to go home but you will also incur a £60FINE But if paid within 14 days this will be reduced to £30. Each time you repeat this offence the fine will double... So second offence =£120,3rd offence =£240 up to a maximum of £960for 5 offences,I for one welcome this. Maybe the idiots might now start to realise everyone is in this crisis whether they like it or not No stupid remarks people. Don't show, your ignorance. This is not made up. It is fact. It is on the BBC websites,

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

As a truck driver and filling up frequently I have seen a reduction in the price of diesel down to 6p per litre , there is no talk of a fuel shortage

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"You won't need fuel shortly.

N Yorks police are, now going to put up road blocks to stop all unecessary travel. The police in the UK now have the power to pull in any vehicle

You will be asked to go home but you will also incur a £60FINE But if paid within 14 days this will be reduced to £30. Each time you repeat this offence the fine will double... So second offence =£120,3rd offence =£240 up to a maximum of £960for 5 offences,I for one welcome this. Maybe the idiots might now start to realise everyone is in this crisis whether they like it or not No stupid remarks people. Don't show, your ignorance. This is not made up. It is fact. It is on the BBC websites, "

both my ex and her partner are key workers so the little un has to stay with me wen they both have to work.if they cant bring her to mine thats at least one more persin short the nhs will be

"You won't need fuel shortly.

You will be asked to go home but you will also incur a £60FINE But if paid within 14 days this will be reduced to £30. Each time you repeat this offence the fine will double... So second offence =£120,3rd offence =£240 up to a maximum of £960for 5 offences,I for one welcome this. Maybe the idiots might now start to realise everyone is in this crisis whether they like it or not No stupid remarks people. Don't show, your ignorance. This is not made up. It is fact. It is on the BBC websites,

both my ex and her partner are key workers so the little un has to stay with me wen they both have to work.if they cant bring her to mine thats at least one more persin short the nhs will be"

They haven’t changed the advice on travel, if you have a legitimate reason that falls within the criteria then you can still travel.

You may need something to legitimise your journey, copy of their nhs id or something, the police are not automatons and can think for themselves.

It’s to stop the idiots strapping their mountain bikes onto the back of the car and heading out, I’m going into the country so I’m not hurting anyone.

But then they have a fall and tie up an ambulance, expose the paramedics and possibly need treatment in an already stretched a&e.

Everyone needs to look at the bigger picture.

» Add a new message to this topic