FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > George Eustice

George Eustice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Minister calls for a land army of Britons to 'mobilise' to pick fruit and veg in the summer as coronavirus blocks seasonal workers from travelling to the UK"

So I wonder how many Britons will go to the fields to pick fruit and vegetables. If this is possible, of course, we know that there is a virus at the moment.

Is this a good time for brexiters to show their solidarity with the brexit government and go out into the fields with an entire army and harvest. Such a test before the final Brexit.

Discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Of course they will the British spirit is still alive and well i think the number of nhs volunteers has proved that.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Of course they will the British spirit is still alive and well i think the number of nhs volunteers has proved that. "

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Let’s hope they do. They have proven they can do it before.

"Of course they will the British spirit is still alive and well i think the number of nhs volunteers has proved that. "

Whatever you say but I'm afraid the smile on your face will quickly disappear

near ipswich

"Of course they will the British spirit is still alive and well i think the number of nhs volunteers has proved that.

Whatever you say but I'm afraid the smile on your face will quickly disappear "

Why?

"Let’s hope they do. They have proven they can do it before. "

If you mean last parliamentary election this is not the same as harvest in the field.

near ipswich

"Let’s hope they do. They have proven they can do it before.

If you mean last parliamentary election this is not the same as harvest in the field. "

why do you have such a low opinion of the British people? your posts always seem to be putting them down.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There will be loads of people without jobs by the summer no doubt so there should be plenty of people available to do the work an those who want to work and not sit on there arse will probably be grateful to be able to earn a few quid for themselves and there families after covid 19 has bankrupted them.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s not nice to relish in this come on OP show some class. We are all in this together.

near ipswich

"It’s not nice to relish in this come on OP show some class. We are all in this together. "
Exactly.

If you mean last parliamentary election this is not the same as harvest in the field. why do you have such a low opinion of the British people? your posts always seem to be putting them down."

I didn't write anything like that. Stop accusing me of something I didn't write. Do you have any obsession?

"There will be loads of people without jobs by the summer no doubt so there should be plenty of people available to do the work an those who want to work and not sit on there arse will probably be grateful to be able to earn a few quid for themselves and there families after covid 19 has bankrupted them."

I believe that this may happen. The only question is when the pandemic will end and people will be able to go to such work

"It’s not nice to relish in this come on OP show some class. We are all in this together. "

Yes, we are all in this together but you misunderstood me. I think this is a big problem now and it will definitely be a big problem in the future.

I am not accusing anyone of anything, etc. I just wonder about it.

Some of us voted for this, and some us didn't. So, although technically we are "in this together", it's the fault of a minority of the population.

I understand the point the OP is making. Brexiteers caused this lack of seasonal labour. Will they do anything to fix it?

"There will be loads of people without jobs by the summer no doubt so there should be plenty of people available to do the work an those who want to work and not sit on there arse will probably be grateful to be able to earn a few quid for themselves and there families after covid 19 has bankrupted them.

I believe that this may happen. The only question is when the pandemic will end and people will be able to go to such work"

well that definitely is the million dollar question for sure, I think there will be less fresh fruit and vedge this year simply due to what is happening all over the world, and I am sure what is a available will cost a lot more too. As I have posted before on here when I was younger us teenagers used to do fruit picking etc in the summer it was only when a cheaper source of labour became available that this kind of stopped, so I am fairly confident that there will be people to do it but some of the issue remains around the pay rates and in my opinion what has been happening in recent years is tantamount to slave labour but because prices are cheap no one cares, several of the migrant workers I know said how poorly they were treated and paid by some of the gang masters but if they complained they were got rid of and because they needed the money they felt they had little choice except to put up with it. On the bright side at least those that can travel an work here this summer may be treat a little better an thought a bit more of.

"It’s not nice to relish in this come on OP show some class. We are all in this together.

Some of us voted for this, and some us didn't. So, although technically we are "in this together", it's the fault of a minority of the population.

I understand the point the OP is making. Brexiteers caused this lack of seasonal labour. Will they do anything to fix it?"

"There will be loads of people without jobs by the summer no doubt so there should be plenty of people available to do the work an those who want to work and not sit on there arse will probably be grateful to be able to earn a few quid for themselves and there families after covid 19 has bankrupted them.

I believe that this may happen. The only question is when the pandemic will end and people will be able to go to such workwell that definitely is the million dollar question for sure, I think there will be less fresh fruit and vedge this year simply due to what is happening all over the world, and I am sure what is a available will cost a lot more too. As I have posted before on here when I was younger us teenagers used to do fruit picking etc in the summer it was only when a cheaper source of labour became available that this kind of stopped, so I am fairly confident that there will be people to do it but some of the issue remains around the pay rates and in my opinion what has been happening in recent years is tantamount to slave labour but because prices are cheap no one cares, several of the migrant workers I know said how poorly they were treated and paid by some of the gang masters but if they complained they were got rid of and because they needed the money they felt they had little choice except to put up with it. On the bright side at least those that can travel an work here this summer may be treat a little better an thought a bit more of."

It is true. The problem is that most young people will not care ( this is not just a problem in the UK) . I would like to be wrong but what is the truth about young people everyone knows. Most people who work on farms are people from the Middle East or Eastern Europe. This season there will be a shortage of these people.

I believe that this may happen. The only question is when the pandemic will end and people will be able to go to such workwell that definitely is the million dollar question for sure, I think there will be less fresh fruit and vedge this year simply due to what is happening all over the world, and I am sure what is a available will cost a lot more too. As I have posted before on here when I was younger us teenagers used to do fruit picking etc in the summer it was only when a cheaper source of labour became available that this kind of stopped, so I am fairly confident that there will be people to do it but some of the issue remains around the pay rates and in my opinion what has been happening in recent years is tantamount to slave labour but because prices are cheap no one cares, several of the migrant workers I know said how poorly they were treated and paid by some of the gang masters but if they complained they were got rid of and because they needed the money they felt they had little choice except to put up with it. On the bright side at least those that can travel an work here this summer may be treat a little better an thought a bit more of.

It is true. The problem is that most young people will not care ( this is not just a problem in the UK) . I would like to be wrong but what is the truth about young people everyone knows. Most people who work on farms are people from the Middle East or Eastern Europe. This season there will be a shortage of these people.

"

lol I definitely agree about the young nowadays, and I agree I think there will be a shortage of people this season, although I think more from covid 19 than Brexit although I also agree this would have had a effect also.Maybe the shortage of employees will help raise the wage and conditions make it a bit more attractive to people who may not have considered it in the past.

I believe that this may happen. The only question is when the pandemic will end and people will be able to go to such workwell that definitely is the million dollar question for sure, I think there will be less fresh fruit and vedge this year simply due to what is happening all over the world, and I am sure what is a available will cost a lot more too. As I have posted before on here when I was younger us teenagers used to do fruit picking etc in the summer it was only when a cheaper source of labour became available that this kind of stopped, so I am fairly confident that there will be people to do it but some of the issue remains around the pay rates and in my opinion what has been happening in recent years is tantamount to slave labour but because prices are cheap no one cares, several of the migrant workers I know said how poorly they were treated and paid by some of the gang masters but if they complained they were got rid of and because they needed the money they felt they had little choice except to put up with it. On the bright side at least those that can travel an work here this summer may be treat a little better an thought a bit more of.

lol I definitely agree about the young nowadays, and I agree I think there will be a shortage of people this season, although I think more from covid 19 than Brexit although I also agree this would have had a effect also.Maybe the shortage of employees will help raise the wage and conditions make it a bit more attractive to people who may not have considered it in the past."

I hope it will happen.

Comparing the Covid19 with Brexit is not the best idea and I know that. I meant, if there would be a similar employee crisis after full Brexit, would people who voted for Brexit go to pick fruit and vegetables?

In my personal opinion this will not happen because the majority of people who voted for Brexit are older people.

But as you wrote. Perhaps higher wages and better working conditions will tempt young people to such work. Let's hope so.

lytham st.annes

What reason did you pair have for coming here?

[Removed by poster at 26/03/20 16:27:39]

"What reason did you pair have for coming here?"

What does this have to do with this topic?

lytham st.annes

"What reason did you pair have for coming here?

What does this have to do with this topic? "

If you don’t want to answer,no sweat.We will leave it for everyone to make their own assumptions

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

I have a feeling that there will be a return to pick your own type set up

"What reason did you pair have for coming here?

What does this have to do with this topic? If you don’t want to answer,no sweat.We will leave it for everyone to make their own assumptions "

I made up my own mind some time ago.

Eva

lytham st.annes

"I have a feeling that there will be a return to pick your own type set up "
Pray tell ,what is my type-set?

"I have a feeling that there will be a return to pick your own type set up Pray tell ,what is my type-set?"

This is my favourite post in ages.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Why do you have such a low opinion of the British people? your posts always seem to be putting them down."

Maybe its because it's a justifiable opinion?

The British people showed their true nature in the supermarkets way before many fewer of them started volunteering.

That's not my opinion. That happened.

"It’s not nice to relish in this come on OP show some class. We are all in this together.

I understand the point the OP is making. Brexiteers caused this lack of seasonal labour. Will they do anything to fix it?"

Brexit caused the Coronavirus Heard it all now

I understand the point the OP is making. Brexiteers caused this lack of seasonal labour. Will they do anything to fix it?

Brexit caused the Coronavirus Heard it all now "

Who said that Brexit caused covid19. I am not surprised that you can not understand what is the point of this topic. If you have nothing sensible to write then why are you wasting your time here?

I hope you have more to offer in real life

"Of course they will the British spirit is still alive and well i think the number of nhs volunteers has proved that.

Whatever you say but I'm afraid the smile on your face will quickly disappear "

So you can’t see how you are constantly being deliberately argumentative and dismissive of the spirt, personality and work ethic of the British people.

I’ve said in previous posts that the influx of cheap labour may have helped the businesses taking advantage of it but the tax take doesn’t support the burden it has put on services and it has stifled innovation and reduced productivity.

Rather then trying to replace unskilled labour that makes a negative contribution to the overall economy we need to add more automation.

By *talianduoCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Totally agree with you Clive&Juliana.

Who said that Brexit caused covid19. I am not surprised that you can not understand what is the point of this topic. If you have nothing sensible to write then why are you wasting your time here?

I hope you have more to offer in real life "

Shame you can't understand your own thread. You said Coronavirus is causing a lack of seasonal labour being able to come in, which is true but necessary. One of your colleagues said Brexiteers caused the lack of seasonal labour coming in. By default he is saying it is a result of Brexit. A bit dumb if you ask me, which you did.

It's sad that most of you missing the point.

""Minister calls for a land army of Britons to 'mobilise' to pick fruit and veg in the summer as coronavirus blocks seasonal workers from travelling to the UK"

So I wonder how many Britons will go to the fields to pick fruit and vegetables. If this is possible, of course, we know that there is a virus at the moment.

Is this a good time for brexiters to show their solidarity with the brexit government and go out into the fields with an entire army and harvest. Such a test before the final Brexit.

Discuss

"

I think we all know the negative point you were trying to make, the above combined with the “ smile off your face “ in your later post tells us all what you think of us and your desire for the Brexshitters to suffer.

There are no Brexit or remainers that’s done,we are just people, wherever from, trying to make the best of what we have.

Maybe it’s time you put this one away and stop trying to have petty digs.

Why do you have such a low opinion of the British people? your posts always seem to be putting them down.

Maybe its because it's a justifiable opinion?

The British people showed their true nature in the supermarkets way before many fewer of them started volunteering.

That's not my opinion. That happened."

I’d bet the selfish cnuts who emptied the supermarkets are not the same people who selflessly volunteered to assist the NHS.

I hope you have more to offer in real life

Shame you can't understand your own thread. You said Coronavirus is causing a lack of seasonal labour being able to come in, which is true but necessary. One of your colleagues said Brexiteers caused the lack of seasonal labour coming in. By default he is saying it is a result of Brexit. A bit dumb if you ask me, which you did."

There's no way you could have got this confused over the thread. You're deliberately misunderstanding in some attempt to be funny or argumentative.

» Add a new message to this topic