FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Blocked folk on forum

Blocked folk on forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How is it that folk you block aren’t blocked on the forum...? Think if you block someone it should be throughout the site. Agree ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

You have blocked them personally for reasons that you don’t like could have been offensive to you which nobody disagrees with but to block them from the forum makes you the judge and jury so don’t agree they should be blocked from the forum there are already processes in place if you feel they should be blocked from site

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Lots of folk block people who are not suitable for them. This by no means should stop them messaging or engaging with others.

By *eliciouslySalaciousCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"How is it that folk you block aren’t blocked on the forum...? Think if you block someone it should be throughout the site. Agree ? "

Do you mean if you've blocked someone, you shouldn't see their contributions on the forums while everyone else still could? Each post would be all disjointed as the parts of the conversation from the people you had blocked would be missing.

If you meant once you'd been blocked by someone, you can no longer post on the forum at all, no-one would ever get to post.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A chat would end up like listening to Norman Collier sketch

"A chat would end up like listening to Norman Collier sketch "

I was thinking the exact same thing but couldn't mind tbe name of the comedian.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

I block people for many reasons, some simply because I don't want to see or hear their updates, or others to stop bothering me with stupid messages

That doesn't mean I shouldn't have to have that filter applied all over the site, including forums.

If they say anything personal or directly to you through a thread and are causing a nuisance, then the usual method is to report to the moderators

It's a bit overly sensitive to want someone's comments blocked out just because you don't like what they have to say

Like others have said because you block someone about something that others might find petty on the other hand they maybe agree with you . Blocking from the forum is just a stupid idea as its good to get peoples views on things and i have to say a bit astonished that OP brought this up .

[Removed by poster at 07/04/20 12:01:08]

It's not fair or right to block them from forums fullstop, but I don't think the OP means that.

If I've blocked someone it's for a specific reason and not frivolous. I sure as hell don't want to see their comments in the forums, nor for them to see mine. I want my privacy.

"It's not fair or right to block them from forums fullstop, but I don't think the OP means that.

If I've blocked someone it's for a specific reason and not frivolous. I sure as hell don't want to see their comments in the forums, nor for them to see mine. I want my privacy."

Yes thank you!! I don’t mean that they are blocked completely only to view me on forums and visa versa.

I only block someone for a good reason not for a silly reason.

"It's not fair or right to block them from forums fullstop, but I don't think the OP means that.

If I've blocked someone it's for a specific reason and not frivolous. I sure as hell don't want to see their comments in the forums, nor for them to see mine. I want my privacy."

It's a public forum so it's naive to expect that when you post

If I've blocked someone it's for a specific reason and not frivolous. I sure as hell don't want to see their comments in the forums, nor for them to see mine. I want my privacy.

It's a public forum so it's naive to expect that when you post "

But the blocked person still has a way to give you hassle and abuse which is exactly what has happened. And yes the time you report it and their comment is removed the damage is done

Yup. It's not that hard or time consuming to add in some extra code to block folk from seeing the blocked here.

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"A chat would end up like listening to Norman Collier sketch "

Lol, the broken mic skit. Anyone tried to do it it? Go on, we've all got hairbrushes and mirrors

Glasgow

"Yup. It's not that hard or time consuming to add in some extra code to block folk from seeing the blocked here."

I still don't understand what you want. If someone you've blocked comments on a thread, do you want to not be shown that entire thread or just their contributions?

If the latter, what if you've got 3 people on the thread blocked? The conversation wouldn't make any sense to you as the censoring would mean it would skip about.

"Yup. It's not that hard or time consuming to add in some extra code to block folk from seeing the blocked here.

I still don't understand what you want. If someone you've blocked comments on a thread, do you want to not be shown that entire thread or just their contributions?

If the latter, what if you've got 3 people on the thread blocked? The conversation wouldn't make any sense to you as the censoring would mean it would skip about."

What I would like: if I block someone it’s for a darn good reason, so I wouldn’t want them to see my responses in forums. I’d much rather the convo didn’t quite make sense rather than have to put up with crap from blocked folk. Trust me if you’d have had the same you’d have the same opinion. It’s easy to make judgement if you haven’t had something similar.

That makes perfect sense. As to a thread not making sense, it's not exactly rife with stimulating intelligent discussions here...no offence.

"Yup. It's not that hard or time consuming to add in some extra code to block folk from seeing the blocked here.

If the latter, what if you've got 3 people on the thread blocked? The conversation wouldn't make any sense to you as the censoring would mean it would skip about.

What I would like: if I block someone it’s for a darn good reason, so I wouldn’t want them to see my responses in forums. I’d much rather the convo didn’t quite make sense rather than have to put up with crap from blocked folk. Trust me if you’d have had the same you’d have the same opinion. It’s easy to make judgement if you haven’t had something similar."

I think if you don't want someone seeing what you post then simply don't post it, only post comments that you don't mind being visible for all to see.

If I'm honest it's like being back in a primary school when you didn't like someone you would whisper in your friends ear so they couldn't hear you lol.

It's really just the same thing lol

"A chat would end up like listening to Norman Collier sketch

I was thinking the exact same thing but couldn't mind tbe name of the comedian."

great minds haha or simple minds even .. you could have said you said it but your mic cut out

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

"How is it that folk you block aren’t blocked on the forum...? Think if you block someone it should be throughout the site. Agree ? "

Yep totally agree, if I've blocked someone from messaging I've done it for a reason & I really don't want to see their posts on the forum or for them to see mine. You can block individuals in groups on the book of face & it works well.

"How is it that folk you block aren’t blocked on the forum...? Think if you block someone it should be throughout the site. Agree ?

Yep totally agree, if I've blocked someone from messaging I've done it for a reason & I really don't want to see their posts on the forum or for them to see mine. You can block individuals in groups on the book of face & it works well. "

Why though? What does it really matter?

"How is it that folk you block aren’t blocked on the forum...? Think if you block someone it should be throughout the site. Agree ?

Yep totally agree, if I've blocked someone from messaging I've done it for a reason & I really don't want to see their posts on the forum or for them to see mine. You can block individuals in groups on the book of face & it works well. "

Book of face, you mean facebook. ? Can you not say der Tin either what about FOP

Yep totally agree, if I've blocked someone from messaging I've done it for a reason & I really don't want to see their posts on the forum or for them to see mine. You can block individuals in groups on the book of face & it works well.

Why though? What does it really matter?"

To avoid sour graped blocked folk in trying to be arses elsewhere other than in messages! Trust me I speak from experience. It would matter one jot if I hadn’t experienced it

Glasgow

"Yep totally agree, if I've blocked someone from messaging I've done it for a reason & I really don't want to see their posts on the forum"

I wrote a GreaseMonkey script a long while back that lets you do this part at least if you'd like it? Your mileage may vary depending on how you're browsing fab but it could probably be adapted for whatever browser you're using.

Most people we’ve blocked recently have been because of their forum posts as they don’t sound like the type of people we would be interested in. It also states in the forum rules if someone has blocked you don’t try and use the forum to contact them so it would be good if there was another function which meant you could block out people’s forum posts as well if you wished

Why though? What does it really matter?"

For us fab is about fun and it’s a kind of escape from everything else we do in life. We like the anonymity of it and the secrecy of it adds to the thrill.

When you are on the forums and people are posting about football, politics, the royal family blah blah it becomes like every other social media platform we have and the escapism in it is diluted.

So if we see people continually posting these things we would like to be able to block their posts so we could enjoy all the stuff we like and not see the stuff we don’t like.

Of course there will be people that say “well skim past it” or “ignore it” but it’s more likely we’ll see it and decide to stay away from the forum altogether.

In life we choose who we listen to and who we don’t why can’t fan be the same?

For us fab is about fun and it’s a kind of escape from everything else we do in life. We like the anonymity of it and the secrecy of it adds to the thrill.

When you are on the forums and people are posting about football, politics, the royal family blah blah it becomes like every other social media platform we have and the escapism in it is diluted.

So if we see people continually posting these things we would like to be able to block their posts so we could enjoy all the stuff we like and not see the stuff we don’t like.

Of course there will be people that say “well skim past it” or “ignore it” but it’s more likely we’ll see it and decide to stay away from the forum altogether.

In life we choose who we listen to and who we don’t why can’t fan be the same? "

Because a daft internet forum isn't real life?

Because a daft internet forum isn't real life?"

The opinions of people are though

Because a daft internet forum isn't real life?

The opinions of people are though "

Agreed!

"Yep totally agree, if I've blocked someone from messaging I've done it for a reason & I really don't want to see their posts on the forum

I wrote a GreaseMonkey script a long while back that lets you do this part at least if you'd like it? Your mileage may vary depending on how you're browsing fab but it could probably be adapted for whatever browser you're using."

Sorry...what??

If someone from a virtual sex site upsets you or annoys you that much simple dont comment.that way whoever you blocked cant respond.

Simple.

"If someone from a virtual sex site upsets you or annoys you that much simple dont comment.that way whoever you blocked cant respond.

Simple.

"

Wish it was but some will try and say who you really are or sthing personal you don’t want the site to know. By the time you report it and it gets removed damage is done...not so simple

Then dont rise to it.

You getting upset or angry is feeding into whoever your trying avoid.

It's a bully.ignore and they get bored or better still will let everyone see what they are doing.

"If someone from a virtual sex site upsets you or annoys you that much simple dont comment.that way whoever you blocked cant respond.

Simple.

"

It’s not a virtual sex site.

If you read what I wrote it’s not about replying to the comments it’s about seeing them in the first place

Simple.

If you read what I wrote it’s not about replying to the comments it’s about seeing them in the first place "

It's naive to participate in a forum like this and expect only to see opinions that are the same as yours

Simple.

If you read what I wrote it’s not about replying to the comments it’s about seeing them in the first place

It's naive to participate in a forum like this and expect only to see opinions that are the same as yours "

It’s naive to suggest I would only like to see people’s posts with the same opinion as mine

If you read it back you’ll see I would rather not see certain topics and there are people who bring them up all the time. Do you see the difference?

Simple.

It's naive to participate in a forum like this and expect only to see opinions that are the same as yours

It’s naive to suggest I would only like to see people’s posts with the same opinion as mine

If you read it back you’ll see I would rather not see certain topics and there are people who bring them up all the time. Do you see the difference? "

Avoid threads on those topics then

Simple.

If you read it back you’ll see I would rather not see certain topics and there are people who bring them up all the time. Do you see the difference?

Avoid threads on those topics then"

Thanks for the advice have a good night

Shangri-la

I was previously on here with a different account, I left due to an issue with another member which jeopardised my safety. I stayed away from fab for 3 years & then eventually I came back with a new account.

I have blocked the person so they cannot see my profile or message me, but I'd rather not have to see their comments & posts in the forum & I would prefer they don't see mine.

"I was previously on here with a different account, I left due to an issue with another member which jeopardised my safety. I stayed away from fab for 3 years & then eventually I came back with a new account.

I have blocked the person so they cannot see my profile or message me, but I'd rather not have to see their comments & posts in the forum & I would prefer they don't see mine.

"

This is exactly the problem isn’t it! They can call folk out and all sorts! Hope you are ok now!

Shangri-la

"I was previously on here with a different account, I left due to an issue with another member which jeopardised my safety. I stayed away from fab for 3 years & then eventually I came back with a new account.

This is exactly the problem isn’t it! They can call folk out and all sorts! Hope you are ok now! "

Took me a long time to feel strong enough to come back but decided that I wouldn't be a victim any more. Still keep my verifications hidden & am very careful what I post just in case.

You’ve posted a lot that whoever you don’t want know you’re here can probably identify you.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Would there even be a forum if all those blocked had their posts hidden.

Or would the posts only be hidden to the person who blocked them?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

You don't like it don't read it or do you think as you have blocked them they should be ostracized to all.

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

You do realise that having someone that you have blocked for whatever reason and then not being able to see their posts on the forum does not stop them saying "hey see that xxx from xxx, her real name is xxx and she works at xxx. 'you can't stop people posting whatever they want regardless if you see it or not.

The only way to stop folk you have blocked in the forums

Is to stop posting in the forums.

If someone is making that much hassle is posting in a sex site forum worth it then?

Shangri-la

"Would there even be a forum if all those blocked had their posts hidden.

Or would the posts only be hidden to the person who blocked them?"

The posts just wouldn't be visible to the person who blocked them and vice versa. At least that's how it works on other sites.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The posts just wouldn't be visible to the person who blocked them and vice versa. At least that's how it works on other sites. "

the post would lose any sense of cohesion if parts were removed from only some view

What about the right nasty pieces of. Work who block for no reason ?

By *macunninglinguistMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

The posts just wouldn't be visible to the person who blocked them and vice versa. At least that's how it works on other sites. the post would lose any sense of cohesion if parts were removed from only some view "

Just like the chatrooms. Took me a bit to work out why some people seemed to be yapping to themselves last time I was there.

Aberdeenshire

"What about the right nasty pieces of. Work who block for no reason ?"

I'm pretty sure there's a reason.

The posts just wouldn't be visible to the person who blocked them and vice versa. At least that's how it works on other sites. the post would lose any sense of cohesion if parts were removed from only some view "

It wouldn’t be any different then

Aberdeenshire

The posts just wouldn't be visible to the person who blocked them and vice versa. At least that's how it works on other sites. the post would lose any sense of cohesion if parts were removed from only some view

It wouldn’t be any different then "

I don't do CJ's.

Talking to a few girls on here past experiences girls and guys just block no reason if someone msg me and am not into them it's a thanks but no thanks better than just blocking them

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I guess Facebook does the thing where if you block someone you don’t see them at all any more - they can’t interact with you and you can’t see anything they would post even to a mutual friend.

I think that’s because it’s profile centric where as the forums here seem to be separate. Obviously it’s part of your login but it just grants you access to it rather than being part of your profile... ie we have thread starters rather than people writing on their own “walls”

What I would like: if I block someone it’s for a darn good reason, so I wouldn’t want them to see my responses in forums. I’d much rather the convo didn’t quite make sense rather than have to put up with crap from blocked folk. Trust me if you’d have had the same you’d have the same opinion. It’s easy to make judgement if you haven’t had something similar.

I think if you don't want someone seeing what you post then simply don't post it, only post comments that you don't mind being visible for all to see.

If I'm honest it's like being back in a primary school when you didn't like someone you would whisper in your friends ear so they couldn't hear you lol.

It's really just the same thing lol

"

People get batshit crazy here, it's not simply "like primary school". Stalking, nasty bitching & gossiping etc. You'd hope adults would behave better but the internet removes social norms for some...or maybe they're just fucked up saddos in real life too.

Sure you can limit what you post, it's just a stupid forum. I rarely bother with it. Remove yourself from their pointless games is the other option but some like it as an outlet and free space.

Properly blocking people is the easier cover+all option

"What about the right nasty pieces of. Work who block for no reason ?"

Why is someone a nasty piece of work if they block for no reason? No abuse, no cheek...just block you? In real life, I'll take any possible or reasonable steps to have no contact or at least limited contact with those I don't like or have no interest in. So why do I need to listen to other folk's pish via pm on Fab when I have a means of stopping it? I don't owe anyone anything on here.

I don't see what the big deal is. Blockers, blocked, blockees , still can't interact unless the original block is removed.

It's just random opinions on forums that are a way to pass some time, so if you see someones opinion that you don't like or if they've blocked you just move on.

Sorry to ramble. Ended up with more blocks than legoland

There usally some nasty comments funny thing is it's the ones you would not pick at a cattle market let's face it 90 folk on hear would get hehaw action unless on hear

"What about the right nasty pieces of. Work who block for no reason ?

Why is someone a nasty piece of work if they block for no reason? No abuse, no cheek...just block you? In real life, I'll take any possible or reasonable steps to have no contact or at least limited contact with those I don't like or have no interest in. So why do I need to listen to other folk's pish via pm on Fab when I have a means of stopping it? I don't owe anyone anything on here. "

glasgow

Why is someone a nasty piece of work if they block for no reason? No abuse, no cheek...just block you? In real life, I'll take any possible or reasonable steps to have no contact or at least limited contact with those I don't like or have no interest in. So why do I need to listen to other folk's pish via pm on Fab when I have a means of stopping it? I don't owe anyone anything on here. "

I agree. I’d much rather be simply blocked than abused... being blocked sometimes confuses me... especially if it’s someone I’ve been talking to or thought I knew quite well! But I’d rather they just blocked me than were abusive

Why is someone a nasty piece of work if they block for no reason? No abuse, no cheek...just block you? In real life, I'll take any possible or reasonable steps to have no contact or at least limited contact with those I don't like or have no interest in. So why do I need to listen to other folk's pish via pm on Fab when I have a means of stopping it? I don't owe anyone anything on here.

I agree. I’d much rather be simply blocked than abused... being blocked sometimes confuses me... especially if it’s someone I’ve been talking to or thought I knew quite well! But I’d rather they just blocked me than were abusive "

I probably do it more now than ever, can't be bothered with idle chit chat or small talk...guy messaged me a few weeks ago. I responded with a polite thanks but no thanks...usual reply... "that's a shame cause you're hot/I've not had my hole since Mandela was in borstal..." usual shite.

I made the mistake of a light hearted response, which reinforced my point that I wasn't interested. It was taken completely out of context and I got a nasty response.

Lesson learned...no thanks (if I can be arsed) and block.

I agree. I’d much rather be simply blocked than abused... being blocked sometimes confuses me... especially if it’s someone I’ve been talking to or thought I knew quite well! But I’d rather they just blocked me than were abusive

I probably do it more now than ever, can't be bothered with idle chit chat or small talk...guy messaged me a few weeks ago. I responded with a polite thanks but no thanks...usual reply... "that's a shame cause you're hot/I've not had my hole since Mandela was in borstal..." usual shite.

I made the mistake of a light hearted response, which reinforced my point that I wasn't interested. It was taken completely out of context and I got a nasty response.

Lesson learned...no thanks (if I can be arsed) and block."

If people aren’t for us we say no thanks and block. The reason being if they message again in 6 months time we go through the same conversations etc to come to the same outcome.

Similarly if people say they aren’t interested in us. We block them so we don’t bother them again. Nothing nasty about it

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Lesson learned...no thanks (if I can be arsed) and block.

If people aren’t for us we say no thanks and block. The reason being if they message again in 6 months time we go through the same conversations etc to come to the same outcome.

Similarly if people say they aren’t interested in us. We block them so we don’t bother them again. Nothing nasty about it "

Always two sides to a story. Maybe better suited for that adults who work site then!

That’s a bargain with your stand up comedy that comes with you?

glasgow

"That’s a bargain with your stand up comedy that comes with you?"

That’s extra

Cool me personally just say thanks mate or cheers gal not for me good luck tho usual response is x thanks for getting back x sorted it's the cheeky fud. Nuts that take it to far

» Add a new message to this topic