FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Nicola now says

Nicola now says

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

In a few weeks we will be able to meet up in small groups of around 10 people and continue to meet up with these same 10 people over the following week. The question is how will she ever know who is meeting with who?. Surely this will be impossible to monitor?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not that friendly with 10 people

Glasgowish

"I'm not that friendly with 10 people "

My family would always come first

Glasgowish

"I'm not that friendly with 10 people

My family would always come first "

That is what i have missed the most throughout this lockdown.

"In a few weeks we will be able to meet up in small groups of around 10 people and continue to meet up with these same 10 people over the following week. The question is how will she ever know who is meeting with who?. Surely this will be impossible to monitor?."

I’m assuming she’s hoping people will be responsible.

Again I'm not friendly with 10 of my family

Kidding aside yeah hopefully wont be too long until we can go see some loved 1s soon x

Small monthly orgy then

"I'm not that friendly with 10 people "

Cannae think of 10 folk who like you either

Cannae think of 10 folk who like you either "

right your defo off the xmas list

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Small monthly orgy then "

As long as it’s the same people

Cannae think of 10 folk who like you either right your defo off the xmas list "

Whaaaaat? I'm not one of the 10

I've got no mates anyway

this has just been like normal day to day to me except there is a few shops i might go into that are closed

Doh!!!! How can you go into shops that are closed??

A friend in need is a pest. If I knew 10 folk I like the company of I'd be well sorted. As it is I don't and wouldn't trust a word wee Jimmy Krankie says at the best of times

"A friend in need is a pest. If I knew 10 folk I like the company of I'd be well sorted. As it is I don't and wouldn't trust a word wee Jimmy Krankie says at the best of times

"

What has she actually said that that could be interpreted as untrustworthy during this pandemic? I've read countless comments from folk on Twitter who are not SNP supporters and even they are impressed by her dealing of this situation.

"A friend in need is a pest. If I knew 10 folk I like the company of I'd be well sorted. As it is I don't and wouldn't trust a word wee Jimmy Krankie says at the best of times

What has she actually said that that could be interpreted as untrustworthy during this pandemic? I've read countless comments from folk on Twitter who are not SNP supporters and even they are impressed by her dealing of this situation."

My apologies. In general I personally feel that she is untrustworthy. That wasnt aimed at her response to the pandemic. How she handles the aftermath would be the making of any true leader so I may eat humble pie yet my friend

What has she actually said that that could be interpreted as untrustworthy during this pandemic? I've read countless comments from folk on Twitter who are not SNP supporters and even they are impressed by her dealing of this situation.

My apologies. In general I personally feel that she is untrustworthy. That wasnt aimed at her response to the pandemic. How she handles the aftermath would be the making of any true leader so I may eat humble pie yet my friend"

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh dear. That old jibe doesn't deserve air. Even the BBC acknowledge that she is a class act.

Try to be non-partisan, or at least original.

"

What has she actually said that that could be interpreted as untrustworthy during this pandemic? I've read countless comments from folk on Twitter who are not SNP supporters and even they are impressed by her dealing of this situation."

I’m not an snp or naturally an independence voter but she has managed this well. Spoken well and gives confidence that she’s taking on board what advisers are saying and doing what is best.

She is a good politician, I’ve always said that and has lead well.

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I’m not an snp or naturally an independence voter but she has managed this well. Spoken well and gives confidence that she’s taking on board what advisers are saying and doing what is best.

She is a good politician, I’ve always said that and has lead well."

A lot more so than anyone from Westminster, I agree. Or America but let’s not go there

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

"In a few weeks we will be able to meet up in small groups of around 10 people and continue to meet up with these same 10 people over the following week. The question is how will she ever know who is meeting with who?. Surely this will be impossible to monitor?."
haven't heard that but as you say,how can that be monitored? And what 10? 10 friends and family on top? Stupid suggestion.

Wether she's a good politician or not depends on what you constitute a good politician to be. And for me, the polished clever career type does not constitute a good politician but that's just what I think

The way she's going she'll end up the prime minister, what a turn up that would be. And so much for independence. I think she'd jump the dyke at the drop of a hat like most of them cos she has a taste for the power. Again only my opinion

Cannae think of 10 folk who like you either right your defo off the xmas list "

You told me you didn't have an Xmas list! Liar!

Same same... people do what they do, some obey rules, some don’t

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Crazy concept imo its asking for wave 2. keep social distancing while allowing business to slowly ramp up would be a far safer way to catch any signs.

Typical politician saying what they believe folk want to hear I dont think alot of folk get the timescales needed to combat this many are under the impression they will leave their house one day soon all back to normal with butterflies dancing round their heads as the birds sing

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

It’s all white noise. In the space of 24hours she’s said there won’t be any lifting of the lockdown restrictions to (according to the OPs numbers) we’ll be able to meet 10 people

Not fit for office. The Dr Calderwood scenario summed her time in office up. One clusterfuck after another. The Dr should have been emptied as soon as she was made aware of the situation but she tried to proceed with more of the sweep sweep tactics her, her party and Scotland as a whole have become accustomed too

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

[Removed by poster at 25/04/20 02:28:59]

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Source please? I can't see anything in the newly published framework that substantiates what you are claiming.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

77th brigade well and truly in force during this pandemic.

I've not heard anything along these lines and until there's some sort of infection trail/ tracing in place or a real tangible downturn in the virus the concept wont happen for some time to come I'm sure.

Wee Nic has good and bad points but in general seems to be doing well, unlike the orange bozo from across the Pond

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8255073/amp/Government-considers-relaxing-strict-stay-home-rules-allow-small-groups-meet.html

Penicuik

"https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8255073/amp/Government-considers-relaxing-strict-stay-home-rules-allow-small-groups-meet.html"

The daily fail. It’s no wonder the MSM are in dire straits pushing their own agenda with words like considers.

We want facts.

"https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8255073/amp/Government-considers-relaxing-strict-stay-home-rules-allow-small-groups-meet.html

The daily fail. It’s no wonder the MSM are in dire straits pushing their own agenda with words like considers.

We want facts. "

First thing that came up when I googled it as I hadn’t heard of it either.

I gave up weeks ago trying to guess what will happen next. No one knows as it’s a ever changing situation.

Penicuik

"https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8255073/amp/Government-considers-relaxing-strict-stay-home-rules-allow-small-groups-meet.html

We want facts.

First thing that came up when I googled it as I hadn’t heard of it either.

I gave up weeks ago trying to guess what will happen next. No one knows as it’s a ever changing situation. "

Agree with you, misinformation is rife and why I referred to the 77th brigade in an earlier post.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Yep got to love those journalistic key words-

may, could, possibly, might, chance.

"Wether she's a good politician or not depends on what you constitute a good politician to be. And for me, the polished clever career type does not constitute a good politician but that's just what I think "

You will be pretty unsatisfied then, as all politicians nowadays are polished clever career type.

She gives a daily press conference with a clear and accurate update of the current situation and as best as she can on what the future may look like, and its amazing on how some folk manage to misinterpret this or believe in stuff from other sources.

By *stonDBS2Man  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

It very is politics, as in lets act mare clued up than the rest o the country.

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?

What has she actually said that that could be interpreted as untrustworthy during this pandemic? I've read countless comments from folk on Twitter who are not SNP supporters and even they are impressed by her dealing of this situation.It very is politics, as in lets act mare clued up than the rest o the country.

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?"

Right...even Google translate was fucked by that comment....you on the glue this early on a Saturday or am I just being a dolly bastard?

Penicuik

What has she actually said that that could be interpreted as untrustworthy during this pandemic? I've read countless comments from folk on Twitter who are not SNP supporters and even they are impressed by her dealing of this situation.It very is politics, as in lets act mare clued up than the rest o the country.

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?

Right...even Google translate was fucked by that comment....you on the glue this early on a Saturday or am I just being a dolly bastard? "

Deebs never used to be this incoherent. Recon he’s been scooping the auld domestos

Kirkcaldy

Right...even Google translate was fucked by that comment....you on the glue this early on a Saturday or am I just being a dolly bastard?

Deebs never used to be this incoherent. Recon he’s been scooping the auld domestos "

I'm no on DEttol shorts,im sayin,its politics, its right up there wae Trumps disinfect everything and all will be ok, its right up there with u doss cunts using "anti-bacterial" sanitizer, sounds good but its a virus, viiiiiiiurus, anti viral sanitiser might work better, duh !!!

Kirkcaldy

Deebs never used to be this incoherent. Recon he’s been scooping the auld domestos I'm no on DEttol shorts,im sayin,its politics, its right up there wae Trumps disinfect everything and all will be ok, its right up there with u doss cunts using "anti-bacterial" sanitizer, sounds good but its a virus, viiiiiiiurus, anti viral sanitiser might work better, duh !!!"

One might of worded that better, as in, its a virus, its not a bacteria, therefore a sanitizer with anti viral(80%) alcohol) may pretect you better, or indeed, hang on Nicola's instant scientific knowledge shes gained in the past 2 weeks ya daft bastards, here tae help.

Deebs never used to be this incoherent. Recon he’s been scooping the auld domestos I'm no on DEttol shorts,im sayin,its politics, its right up there wae Trumps disinfect everything and all will be ok, its right up there with u doss cunts using "anti-bacterial" sanitizer, sounds good but its a virus, viiiiiiiurus, anti viral sanitiser might work better, duh !!!"

This doss cunt just used soap and water...

Kirkcaldy

Deebs never used to be this incoherent. Recon he’s been scooping the auld domestos I'm no on DEttol shorts,im sayin,its politics, its right up there wae Trumps disinfect everything and all will be ok, its right up there with u doss cunts using "anti-bacterial" sanitizer, sounds good but its a virus, viiiiiiiurus, anti viral sanitiser might work better, duh !!!

This doss cunt just used soap and water... "

I did delete, n put "doss cunts" back in, a measure of my annoyance granted, i mean well, its the way a say it a spose,lol, a virus is a virus, a bacteria is a diffrent thing, just sayin.

Kirkcaldy

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?"

By *ettercallsaul118Man  over a year ago

Funtown

10 people that's 1/4 of my family how to choose which 10 hmmm

Kirkcaldy

Listen to scientists, proffesors of, dont put store in politicians with great ideas.

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?Listen to scientists, proffesors of, dont put store in politicians with great ideas."

Aren't the politicians relaying the information they get from those more learned?

Kirkcaldy

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?Listen to scientists, proffesors of, dont put store in politicians with great ideas.

Aren't the politicians relaying the information they get from those more learned?"

See when your classed as a "key/essential" worker and all you get,is,chucked a bag of gloves and a mask,your suddenly classed as, "protected",ohh we gave him gloves n mask i dunno how he caught it", pish.

"Wether she's a good politician or not depends on what you constitute a good politician to be. And for me, the polished clever career type does not constitute a good politician but that's just what I think

You will be pretty unsatisfied then, as all politicians nowadays are polished clever career type. "

I am, very much so. With the lot of them

Right...even Google translate was fucked by that comment....you on the glue this early on a Saturday or am I just being a dolly bastard? "

On glue? Hahahaha

So yi dunno when to less this n reduce that Nicola No do i fuck, but it sounds gid eh?Listen to scientists, proffesors of, dont put store in politicians with great ideas.

Aren't the politicians relaying the information they get from those more learned?See when your classed as a "key/essential" worker and all you get,is,chucked a bag of gloves and a mask,your suddenly classed as, "protected",ohh we gave him gloves n mask i dunno how he caught it", pish."

What's that to do with the price of fish

Kirkcaldy

On glue? Hahahaha "

By your on the fence reaction, im sensing i kinda am correct, lets set out a clueless plan affore them ddon there in westminster do, ok nicola whats the plan? Well i dinnae ken but i was talkin tae a scientidt fae Edinburgh university n he said,,,,,

Kirkcaldy

Aren't the politicians relaying the information they get from those more learned?See when your classed as a "key/essential" worker and all you get,is,chucked a bag of gloves and a mask,your suddenly classed as, "protected",ohh we gave him gloves n mask i dunno how he caught it", pish.

What's that to do with the price of fish "

Might you be sitting in the house, doing fuck all? You sound like you are.

Aren't the politicians relaying the information they get from those more learned?See when your classed as a "key/essential" worker and all you get,is,chucked a bag of gloves and a mask,your suddenly classed as, "protected",ohh we gave him gloves n mask i dunno how he caught it", pish.

What's that to do with the price of fish Might you be sitting in the house, doing fuck all? You sound like you are."

You sound bitter

Penicuik

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/strategy-plan/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making/documents/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making/govscot%3Adocument/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making.pdf

The document is also a valuable resource for social psychological analysis, exemplifying manyprinciples of effective communication. First and foremost, it addresses the audience in collecive terms throughout, not as individuals but as part of an inclusive Scottish communinty.

Second, it shows respect for the audience, treating them as partners, being open with them, acknowledging complexity and uncertainty - and in all these ways establishing an ingroup relationship between government and public.

Third, it is equitable, valuing all members of the community, addressing inequalities and directing resource to the most vulnerable, bringing everyone on board and uniting rather than dividing the community.

Fourth, it bases strategy on the content of group identity, invoking both descriptive norms (in congratulating people for their adherence it defines what we are doing) and injunctive norms of compassionate, proscial and solidary behaviour (thus definnig how we should act.

Fifth, it is a hopeful, forward looking document, giving meaning to current actions in terms of affirming Scottisness and rebuilding a society based on Scottish values. Current sacrifices thereby beecome redemptive in terms of making a reality of identity. Read the powerful coda:

It's not perfect. And, of course, the proof of the document will be in the doing. But it ain't half a bad start.

Lifted from my Twitter. 250,000 actually read a government document.

In comparison to Westminster’s “plan” = nada

Kirkcaldy

What's that to do with the price of fish Might you be sitting in the house, doing fuck all? You sound like you are.

You sound bitter"

Better? yes i kind of do, you sound half assed n disconnected with it all, yet if a say Nicola is ineffective u spring to life (kinda), itsa pandemic,it does'nt care where yer from or who you think is great politicaly.

What's that to do with the price of fish Might you be sitting in the house, doing fuck all? You sound like you are.

You sound bitterBetter? yes i kind of do, you sound half assed n disconnected with it all, yet if a say Nicola is ineffective u spring to life (kinda), itsa pandemic,it does'nt care where yer from or who you think is great politicaly."

Being irrational in a crisis is probably not helpful for anyone

Kirkcaldy

You sound bitterBetter? yes i kind of do, you sound half assed n disconnected with it all, yet if a say Nicola is ineffective u spring to life (kinda), itsa pandemic,it does'nt care where yer from or who you think is great politicaly.

Being irrational in a crisis is probably not helpful for anyone "

Are you speaking from previous crisis experiences that you have dealt with?

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

"10" is not based on any science. It's a stepwise approach to returning normality. If over two-three weeks of limited Social interactions keeps case incidence and deaths to a minimal level, then we can be more social. On the whole, we got to be responsible about what we do....

"Are you speaking from previous crisis experiences that you have dealt with?"

I only claim to be an expert in my own life where being rational,for the most part, has worked up til now

When will she allow building sites to reopen do you think

Time will tell on the proposals that have been mentioned. The lock down has decreased numbers going into hospital and spread of the infection. The measures that are in place are working lifting them will take time and they are tough decisions to make. If it goes wrong then we will be in a worse scenario if it works then people will happy. Social distancing is gonna be here for a longtime there is no mistake, vulnerable people still need shielding and we have to remember this covid-19 has caused confusion and deaths for people who are not infected with covid-19. Politically is should not matter who is doing what Well. This virus has no political ties and if out politicians are trying to score points then they are arseholes. I personally don't see much change happening until the death rate is lower and consistently falling. Had to rant sorry

coatbridge

"Time will tell on the proposals that have been mentioned. The lock down has decreased numbers going into hospital and spread of the infection. The measures that are in place are working lifting them will take time and they are tough decisions to make. If it goes wrong then we will be in a worse scenario if it works then people will happy. Social distancing is gonna be here for a longtime there is no mistake, vulnerable people still need shielding and we have to remember this covid-19 has caused confusion and deaths for people who are not infected with covid-19. Politically is should not matter who is doing what Well. This virus has no political ties and if out politicians are trying to score points then they are arseholes. I personally don't see much change happening until the death rate is lower and consistently falling. Had to rant sorry"
what numbers are you looking at ? The politicians numbers let's hide the care home deaths at best the uk has hit a plateau.

Check the news today of hundreds of folk swanning about parks and getting new bbqs in b and q and tell me the measures in place are working.

Enforcement of the measures is what's needed and education on just how bad and serious the situation is.

Or we could pretend it's all going as expected and the great leadership has us covered.......expected total deaths due to covid has now been passed kinda flaws the numbers

"Time will tell on the proposals that have been mentioned. The lock down has decreased numbers going into hospital and spread of the infection. The measures that are in place are working lifting them will take time and they are tough decisions to make. If it goes wrong then we will be in a worse scenario if it works then people will happy. Social distancing is gonna be here for a longtime there is no mistake, vulnerable people still need shielding and we have to remember this covid-19 has caused confusion and deaths for people who are not infected with covid-19. Politically is should not matter who is doing what Well. This virus has no political ties and if out politicians are trying to score points then they are arseholes. I personally don't see much change happening until the death rate is lower and consistently falling. Had to rant sorrywhat numbers are you looking at ? The politicians numbers let's hide the care home deaths at best the uk has hit a plateau.

Check the news today of hundreds of folk swanning about parks and getting new bbqs in b and q and tell me the measures in place are working.

Enforcement of the measures is what's needed and education on just how bad and serious the situation is.

Or we could pretend it's all going as expected and the great leadership has us covered.......expected total deaths due to covid has now been passed kinda flaws the numbers "

What he actually said was if we can keep it under 20,000...... he never said that would be the number of deaths or the amount of deaths.

Lots of people slating the government, let's hear your perils of wisdom kola and tell us what you would have done differently. Ps don't just cherry pick the obvious things that either never worked or could have been done better. Let's hear your one solution that fits all situations and stops the pandemic in its tracks.

Penicuik

"The politicians numbers let's hide the care home deaths at best the uk has hit a plateau."

Not in scotland. Hospital, care homes and community figures are included.

Penicuik

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-data-definitions-and-sources/

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 26/04/20 02:24:43]

coatbridge

"Time will tell on the proposals that have been mentioned. The lock down has decreased numbers going into hospital and spread of the infection. The measures that are in place are working lifting them will take time and they are tough decisions to make. If it goes wrong then we will be in a worse scenario if it works then people will happy. Social distancing is gonna be here for a longtime there is no mistake, vulnerable people still need shielding and we have to remember this covid-19 has caused confusion and deaths for people who are not infected with covid-19. Politically is should not matter who is doing what Well. This virus has no political ties and if out politicians are trying to score points then they are arseholes. I personally don't see much change happening until the death rate is lower and consistently falling. Had to rant sorrywhat numbers are you looking at ? The politicians numbers let's hide the care home deaths at best the uk has hit a plateau.

Or we could pretend it's all going as expected and the great leadership has us covered.......expected total deaths due to covid has now been passed kinda flaws the numbers

What he actually said was if we can keep it under 20,000...... he never said that would be the number of deaths or the amount of deaths.

Lots of people slating the government, let's hear your perils of wisdom kola and tell us what you would have done differently. Ps don't just cherry pick the obvious things that either never worked or could have been done better. Let's hear your one solution that fits all situations and stops the pandemic in its tracks. "

who's cherry picking numbers are expected to be 20 000the ends nowhere in sight I'd say the numbers are flawed.

Who's slating the govt maybe I am a little but moreso at their inability to enforce what is needed and they say they want I'm more slating the people for being complete assholes and not adhering to policies because they fancy a new shed or sun lounger.

Ain't my job to to find the one solution that's why the numpties claim big money supposedly to take on board experts opinion and put in a feasible plan and adhere to it.

Lots of people slating the government, let's hear your perils of wisdom kola and tell us what you would have done differently. Ps don't just cherry pick the obvious things that either never worked or could have been done better. Let's hear your one solution that fits all situations and stops the pandemic in its tracks. who's cherry picking numbers are expected to be 20 000the ends nowhere in sight I'd say the numbers are flawed.

Who's slating the govt maybe I am a little but moreso at their inability to enforce what is needed and they say they want I'm more slating the people for being complete assholes and not adhering to policies because they fancy a new shed or sun lounger.

Ain't my job to to find the one solution that's why the numpties claim big money supposedly to take on board experts opinion and put in a feasible plan and adhere to it.

"

where are you getting this " expected death toll " information, ? I dont believe anyone has made an expected death toll prediction. Keeping it Under 20,000 was mentioned right at the start as a hopeful not an expected.

So your not slating the government directly but terms like "the great leadership has us covered" obviously meant as sarcasm.

Now for your last point , your blaming Joe public for not following the rules,. I have seen loads of posts from you talking of a nanny state and we should rise and stand against the state we call our government. Now your flipping that completely on its head and saying government should basically impose Marshall law as people are not following the rules now. You need to make up your mind what side of the fence you want to sit on bud.

coatbridge

Yup I believe our country is moving towards a nanny state.

drastic times call for drastic measures. they enforced the 5p carrier bag rigorously or the sugar tax but a deadly virus they are inept and spend to much time looking at gaining public favour instead of doing what's needed to protect the nation.

Perhaps you dont know the difference between good leadership and a nanny state a good govt should set a good example and do what's best for the people as asked for by the people.

not look to control it's people in every way it can (enforcement of protocols is for the benefit of the nation not an attempt to control them) hope that helps you

"Yup I believe our country is moving towards a nanny state.

drastic times call for drastic measures. they enforced the 5p carrier bag rigorously or the sugar tax but a deadly virus they are inept and spend to much time looking at gaining public favour instead of doing what's needed to protect the nation.

Perhaps you dont know the difference between good leadership and a nanny state a good govt should set a good example and do what's best for the people as asked for by the people.

not look to control it's people in every way it can (enforcement of protocols is for the benefit of the nation not an attempt to control them) hope that helps you "

Yeah 5p on carrier bags to prevent the over use of carriers bags, ( the proceeds don't go to the government's by the way ) , small price to help save the planet from unnecessary plastics.

Sugar tax , around 500,000 obese related deaths per year so enforcement warranted.

Now an epidemic that's took around 21,000 lives your asking for Marshall law,

By the way I'm with you on the fannies that are breaking the guidelines .

You go into full lock down and it would cause more harm than the virus. Suicides would be epidemic, hospitals would be overwhelmed with domestic violence cases.

It's easy to criticise but solutions are not easy.

I seen a guy on TV cope of days ago , not sure if he was a government adviser, he made lots of sense. At some point the government will need to make a judgement call and say open Britain up again, businesses and liberty's as the down side of lockdown and lives destroyed would be greater than the risk from the virus itself. So very true, no point in lockdown if the country is Fucked completely after the virus is gone.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

So if me and my 3 kids all go out and meet 9 other people (as we would be the 10th) then potentially we’d be mixing with 36 other people. This surely isn’t the way forward. Do we all get tested before mixing in groups?

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

"So if me and my 3 kids all go out and meet 9 other people (as we would be the 10th) then potentially we’d be mixing with 36 other people. This surely isn’t the way forward. Do we all get tested before mixing in groups? "

No, think they are looking at potentially allowing 'family' groups of up to 10 people at a time & from a maximum of 2/3 households to meet up. So potentially enabling couples who have been separated due to the social distancing measures to meet up, or people to visit parents/family members . The thing I heard on TV talking about it it was very much just an idea and you would have nominated people who your household could up meet with, the maximum being a group of 10. Not sure how they could monitor/police that though, unless they are meaning once the track & trace app is up & running.

Penicuik

[Removed by poster at 26/04/20 12:29:33]

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"So if me and my 3 kids all go out and meet 9 other people (as we would be the 10th) then potentially we’d be mixing with 36 other people. This surely isn’t the way forward. Do we all get tested before mixing in groups?

No, think they are looking at potentially allowing 'family' groups of up to 10 people at a time & from a maximum of 2/3 households to meet up. So potentially enabling couples who have been separated due to the social distancing measures to meet up, or people to visit parents/family members . The thing I heard on TV talking about it it was very much just an idea and you would have nominated people who your household could up meet with, the maximum being a group of 10. Not sure how they could monitor/police that though, unless they are meaning once the track & trace app is up & running. "

Track and Trace App. I thought this was already a non starter.

coatbridge

Track and trace is effective it's used to great effect in other countrys

coatbridge

not look to control it's people in every way it can (enforcement of protocols is for the benefit of the nation not an attempt to control them) hope that helps you

Yeah 5p on carrier bags to prevent the over use of carriers bags, ( the proceeds don't go to the government's by the way ) , small price to help save the planet from unnecessary plastics.

Sugar tax , around 500,000 obese related deaths per year so enforcement warranted.

You go into full lock down and it would cause more harm than the virus. Suicides would be epidemic, hospitals would be overwhelmed with domestic violence cases.

I seen a guy on TV cope of days ago , not sure if he was a government adviser, he made lots of sense. At some point the government will need to make a judgement call and say open Britain up again, businesses and liberty's as the down side of lockdown and lives destroyed would be greater than the risk from the virus itself. So very true, no point in lockdown if the country is Fucked completely after the virus is gone. "

missed the point entirely it's not about whether the policy is good or bad it's about the implementation I ain't even going to start on the stealth sorry sugar tax.

They implemented these and rigorously followed them up but a pandemic hits its say one thing allow the opposite to happen.

I happen to be in a country that rigorously follows policies and implementation laws and nope its accepted and adhered too (at first British American and germans rebelled against the lockdown soon changed their minds when fines started being levied).

It's the population mostly at fault but the govt is doing the people no favours allowing idiots to do as they please.

Having watched the news daily in the uk and seeing how its dealt with here I can honestly say I fear the higher risk that returning home will cause

Falkirk

So how would it work if you don't a smart phone or device that you can download the app?

Is it a voulantary scheme or compulsory in the other countries?

Mass data capture of your movements and personal behaviour will be a sore point for the UK public.

I seen a guy on TV cope of days ago , not sure if he was a government adviser, he made lots of sense. At some point the government will need to make a judgement call and say open Britain up again, businesses and liberty's as the down side of lockdown and lives destroyed would be greater than the risk from the virus itself. So very true, no point in lockdown if the country is Fucked completely after the virus is gone. "

The 5p bag thing really grinds my gears. You can’t get a 5p bag anywhere now, they are 20p, 30p or even a pound in some places. Who benefits from that? Nor charities but the supermarket chains.

"Track and trace is effective it's used to great effect in other countrys "

I never knew much about it until I read up on South Korea’s. It sounds very good for things like Covid-19

The only people that have an issue with anyone seeing their movements or other personal information is people that are up to no good.

coatbridge

"So how would it work if you don't a smart phone or device that you can download the app?

Is it a voulantary scheme or compulsory in the other countries?

Mass data capture of your movements and personal behaviour will be a sore point for the UK public.

"

its more for the agencies to use when they find folk with the virus to log and track folk if you mean the covid hotspot thing for the public that's updated on the web and tv and radio news

Falkirk

"Track and trace is effective it's used to great effect in other countrys

I never knew much about it until I read up on South Korea’s. It sounds very good for things like Covid-19

The only people that have an issue with anyone seeing their movements or other personal information is people that are up to no good. "

As mutch as a good idea as it may be I don't want my movmets tracked when I don't have to.

What will happen is the mass collection of data will be analysed and then you will be sent all sorts of marking crap that will relate to your where abouts.

The system will need payed for so selling the data to marketing companies would pay for it.

Gotta agree I'm not doing anything I shouldn't be and I dont want my movements tracked and logged.

Big brother I deed.

"Track and trace is effective it's used to great effect in other countrys

The only people that have an issue with anyone seeing their movements or other personal information is people that are up to no good.

As mutch as a good idea as it may be I don't want my movmets tracked when I don't have to.

What will happen is the mass collection of data will be analysed and then you will be sent all sorts of marking crap that will relate to your where abouts.

The system will need payed for so selling the data to marketing companies would pay for it.

"

That’s what happens just now anyway. I’m sure there will be ways to stop it happening like now when I’ve put an ad block on my phone I don’t see a lot of the stuff I used to

One of my friends told me about this that lives close by, would be good to see someone even if its 2m away in the garden and have a adult chat. Though I don't think I even have 10 people I would go see. Harder to see family when they live further away.

» Add a new message to this topic