FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Edinburgh Social 9th June

Edinburgh Social 9th June

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Please put your name below for the social on the 9th of June in Edinburgh.

Please only include your name if you are a definite!

There may be an apartment afterparty for a select few!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

ME.. But you knew that xxxxx

Livingston

Is this one still happening?

Yes! For all those that could not make the 2nd, amd all those who will enjoy the 2nd so much that they wanna do it again lol x

By *eefdoddusCouple  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

A "select few".....? What's that then..?

Livingston

house party after for thse that behabe in public... but may bishehave behind closed doors lol x

Exactly as _muma says x

Livingston

"Exactly as _muma says x"

or it would be if I could spell properly lol

By *ocksmithMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Sounds interesting might see if i can make it along

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

are you going to bother turning up to this social, or is it going to be like the last one?

[Removed by poster at 03/06/12 21:05:27]

I certainly wont be going back, not after last night when the organiser didnt bother appearing at the venue or reply to messages being left asking where they were or what was happening

pity doing the moonwalk that night

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I certainly wont be going back, not after last night when the organiser didnt bother appearing at the venue or reply to messages being left asking where they were or what was happening"

Shocking

By *andj65Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I certainly wont be going back, not after last night when the organiser didnt bother appearing at the venue or reply to messages being left asking where they were or what was happening

Shocking "

Not good at all...

I can only apologise for Saturday night.something came up which I could not do anything about. Those who know me on here know I would not mess folk around. I wish I had been able to make it.

"I can only apologise for Saturday night.something came up which I could not do anything about. Those who know me on here know I would not mess folk around. I wish I had been able to make it."

i dont know the circumstancies of your cancellation of this social but i do know one fem text you several times and got no reply ... Not even a forum post w to say it had been cancelled...you wouldnt arrange to go to friends and not show up without explination would you ?

very good bison bit odd you didnt turn up as the place you told everyone to meet was booked for a private party some of us did turn up stayed for 2 drinks down stairs and went a club and had a great night

Glasgow

"I can only apologise for Saturday night.something came up which I could not do anything about. Those who know me on here know I would not mess folk around. I wish I had been able to make it."

Downrite shockin and i for one wont be at anything you organise...get a grip man ye didny even have the decency to put in a post sayin it was cancelled....

Some folks may even had hotels or bought outfits...transport costs....no excuse good enuf for me im afraid...

By *eefdoddusCouple  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Not looking too promising...?

It was not cancelled. I was just not there. I never realised I had to post my personal circumstances for all and sundry. Perhaps if you knew why I was not there then you would not be so quick to judge. Yes, I could not make it, yes I never posted, no it was not cancelled, but there is much more to life than fab. Stop being so quick to judge. If anyone had bothered pming to find out why I wasn't there then you may get down of your high horse

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

sorry no excuse for this the least peole expect is a bit of comunication as previously stated some go to a lot of expense with hotels and travel.for you not to show up leave texts unanswered no apology post what do you expect people to do roll over n say thank you for shafting me right up the arris hope your circumstances get better what ever they may be but this just aint cricket

"It was not cancelled. I was just not there. I never realised I had to post my personal circumstances for all and sundry. Perhaps if you knew why I was not there then you would not be so quick to judge. Yes, I could not make it, yes I never posted, no it was not cancelled, but there is much more to life than fab. Stop being so quick to judge. If anyone had bothered pming to find out why I wasn't there then you may get down of your high horse"

ok so it wasnt cancelled but you as an organiser of this social were not there and did not offer those attending an explination nor an appology until the people attending mentiond it here thats just damn right rude and unacceptable. As has been mentiond people went out of their way and some did go to some expence of booking hotels for this social ....do you think if this was a private meet with someone 121 they would be so understanding at you not showing up or bothering to notify them of the reasons why ?..i dont think so

bison you did not intend tobe there the place we where all told tobe was booked well in avance by a group of women and some had come from far and near this was my first social hoping to meet others i did meet some nice people who also where pissed off i for one will never go to anything you set up again most people check on the night to see its still but you still made out it was and not show up

Not one person said to me that hey were coming a distance or had booked a hotel. And if you had read.my forum post I did not say I was booking anywhere at all.

Fear not, will not arrange a social again.

I did post an apology on my status, however like I said, some things are more important than fab. Well to me anyway.

Ps, as very few people pm'd me to say hey were coming how could I apologise to them directly. For some reason they all pm'd atomic

Glasgow

Noone has said fab is more important...of course there are more important things in our lives than fab but your missin the point man.....communication!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had something that urgent that you culdnt even make your own social you shuld have had the decency of making sure everyone knew you either wuldnt be ther or ask someone who was going to do the meet and greet....one simple fone call maybe or a wee post...not hard is it...

Jandj did you come through?

I am not going into what came up, but it was urgent enough for me not to be able to contact anyone.

Atomic who, who everyone seemed to be contacting was going anyone so there was always going to be someone there. It was a night out, few drinks. not like i promised a hall and left people with nowehere to go. They were mailed teh venue.

"bison you did not intend tobe there the place we where all told tobe was booked well in avance by a group of women and some had come from far and near this was my first social hoping to meet others i did meet some nice people who also where pissed off i for one will never go to anything you set up again most people check on the night to see its still but you still made out it was and not show up "

How do you work that out porty? Liek i said read teh original listing!!!!!

Taken from one of ur postings :Atomic who, who everyone seemed to be contacting was going anyone so there was always going to be someone there.

The point your missing is it wasnt Atomics social ao why should she have been left to sort your mess out for you ?

Any newbies reading this im sure will seriously think twice about adding thier names to socials but please be assured there are many who arrange succesfull socials on here so please dont let this put you off attending any other socials they are a great fun way to meet new people .

If i dont know who is going how can i contact them and tell them i cant make it. That is assuming i had any time to do so!!!!

And what mess did she have to sort out exactly?? Yes i was not there! Had i been there would tehre have been no mess? Care to explain???????

It was ur social so didnt u know who was going to be attening ?

and you were the one who said Atomic was there to greet

Exactly. I knew a few who were attending but the majority were coming from Atomic side. She had drinks organised as well! if only people knew everything before they got involved!

"Exactly. I knew a few who were attending but the majority were coming from Atomic side. She had drinks organised as well! if only people knew everything before they got involved!"

yes maybe so but you were the one with a social meet advertised not Atomic but will add no further comment

Ok!

for avoidance of doubt i think i will give the 9th a miss! x

"Ok!

for avoidance of doubt i think i will give the 9th a miss! x"

you think or you will? big diffrence you need to make it clear if your going ahead with it or not and say so lol

Lol. Well i will not be there but others can feel free! Think i should avoid socials for a while!

not defending anyone but this forum seems to have gotten away with itself. He woudl have prob had a good reason for not being there but yes maybe should have answered a text if he could have but i thought we were all here for fun and not to attack each other.

"not defending anyone but this forum seems to have gotten away with itself. He woudl have prob had a good reason for not being there but yes maybe should have answered a text if he could have but i thought we were all here for fun and not to attack each other.

"

No one is attacking anyone well im not just stating how easy it would have been to let ppl know thats all ..as ive already said before you wouldnt arrange to go to friends then not turn up without explination would u ?

no your right but maybe just need to ask him why he couldnt could have been a simple explanation but i do agree not right to not even send one simple text to someone saying somethign has come up

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

TBH this is ridiculous. The bloke didnt turn up end of, it really only concerned the people that were attending the social no-one else. Im sure he got the message 2 days ago that more than likely nobody would attend anything he organised again so this is still going on why?

This is the pinacle of everything wrong with fab! Move on, forget it, ce la vie!!!!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"TBH this is ridiculous. The bloke didnt turn up end of, it really only concerned the people that were attending the social no-one else.

!!!"

This is exactly my thoughts too....I am not sure why anyone other than the people going should get involved.

As this has run it's course then maybe time to shut.