FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Dating sites

Dating sites

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *outhside42 OP   Man  over a year ago

shawlands

Hi, just looking for some advice I would class myself an average kind of looking guy.

I signed up for dating site (rhymes with thatch) and created good profile and messaged quite a few people (and upgraded so can get replies) not had one response - not even a thanks but no thanx.

Has anybody else had this experience?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ill67Man  over a year ago

alloa

sure have and a lot of that on here to

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

How long have you been waiting for replies? It might just be a case that a lot of people aren't bothering to go on the site just now as they know they won't be able to meet. Especially as even after lockdown social distancing will be a big thing for many people and they perhaps wouldn't want to risk meeting anyone new. Just a thought - good luck though

By *outhside42 OP   Man  over a year ago

shawlands

Yeah I thought that, I read that dating sites have had big increase in joiners. I know wont be meeting for while, but thought be good to chat with people ,as bit lonely living on own, as was shielding 3 weeks before lockdown

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's possible that your idea of a good profile doesn't quite fit with the idea of whoever you are messaging

I am also on that site. I found the men to be less appealing or have unreasonable expectations set within their profiles about how women should look, what they should weigh. I now question how many men actually know what 8 stone looks like. Or the fact they are in their 40s and want someone under 30.

I went on one date a few months ago and it wasn't great.

I've not looked at it since.

Possibly I have more interest here because I don't show my face

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"I am also on that site. I found the men to be less appealing or have unreasonable expectations set within their profiles about how women should look, what they should weigh. I now question how many men actually know what 8 stone looks like. Or the fact they are in their 40s and want someone under 30.

Possibly I have more interest here because I don't show my face "

You sure?

There's plenty of free ones out there as well tbh

And there's some great apps for making new friends as well, tbh I can't be bothered replying to half the folk on the dating sites even the upgraded users as most folk ghost each other after a few weeks at best lol too many folk looking for a quick hook up that it gets very demoralising

Have signed up for a friend based one that's got me hooked chatting to folk all over the world its super fun you do live video chats with folk and its like a big chatroom as well, made alot of New friends make and female, passes the time

I got that too mate think they want to see you on for a bit to trust you, as after about a week I can’t get a minute, which not complaining about , I come on here for a rest as they are harder work on here and cheekier coz can’t see faces lol I usually Hit them with a cheeky comment then you get a reply lol

I couldn't even pull on plenty of fish

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Me and my partner met on ok Cupid, there's so many reasons why someone won't even look at your profile. Mr's profile was rubbish but swiped because it was funnily bad. I've had thousands of matches over the years, I'd say I've talked to about 20% of them and I've met with like 6 in total? Don't get two down about it, Mr says it's really hard for guys and I'd completely agree.

"I am also on that site. I found the men to be less appealing or have unreasonable expectations set within their profiles about how women should look, what they should weigh. I now question how many men actually know what 8 stone looks like. Or the fact they are in their 40s and want someone under 30.

I find it hat hard to believe

"There's plenty of free ones out there as well tbh

And there's some great apps for making new friends as well, tbh I can't be bothered replying to half the folk on the dating sites even the upgraded users as most folk ghost each other after a few weeks at best lol too many folk looking for a quick hook up that it gets very demoralising

Have signed up for a friend based one that's got me hooked chatting to folk all over the world its super fun you do live video chats with folk and its like a big chatroom as well, made alot of New friends make and female, passes the time "

dating sites what are they lol

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

No interest in dating sites as being dated is my worst nightmare.

Well said missus

"No interest in dating sites as being dated is my worst nightmare."

SNAP , never again ,staying single

Glasgow

"No interest in dating sites as being dated is my worst nightmare.

SNAP , never again ,staying single "

Never been happier and completely in control of my life

"No interest in dating sites as being dated is my worst nightmare."

Out of curiosity...why?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Out of curiosity...why?"

I also wouldn't date and dont believe I ever have "dated" I meet folk and things progress or dont but the whole formal dating thing seems alien to me

Glasgow

Out of curiosity...why?"

Because i am who i am and will never let anyone try to change me again. I have rebuilt my life and am happy now all by myself.

Out of curiosity...why?I also wouldn't date and dont believe I ever have "dated" I meet folk and things progress or dont but the whole formal dating thing seems alien to me"

If they progress, doesn't that mean you're dating?

Out of curiosity...why?

Because i am who i am and will never let anyone try to change me again. I have rebuilt my life and am happy now all by myself."

Not every man tries to change a woman when they're dating

Glasgow

Out of curiosity...why?

Because i am who i am and will never let anyone try to change me again. I have rebuilt my life and am happy now all by myself.

Not every man tries to change a woman when they're dating "

Not willing to take the risk. As i said i am happy by myself.

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I quite like dating sites,like taking a woman out for dinner etc,"normal" stuff.dont ever think I would get into a relationship again though,god forbid having to introduce any one to my 2 laddies,lol.have a couple of regular friends I meet from time to time.so all good.

"There's plenty of free ones out there as well tbh

Have signed up for a friend based one that's got me hooked chatting to folk all over the world its super fun you do live video chats with folk and its like a big chatroom as well, made alot of New friends make and female, passes the time dating sites what are they lol "

Hahahaha private jokes lol

being on any site looking is hard work, just gotta be yourself, n hope the right person for you is there

By *lbie6Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I have the same problem

» Add a new message to this topic