FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Toasting a Tory

Toasting a Tory

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

Cheers Rushi for enabling me to continue to get pissed, do my garden. enhance my carpentry skills, courtesy of 80% continued furlough scheme.

Nothing more pleasurable checking my bank account each Thursday and seeing the govt contribution to enable the lifestyle I’ve been accustomed to over the last 7 weeks.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How long it going to last

Penicuik

"How long it going to last "

October

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-extends-furlough-scheme-until-october

At last!!! 1 good thing that the govt has done ..gives lots of ppl peace of mind through all this

Penicuik

"At last!!! 1 good thing that the govt has done ..gives lots of ppl peace of mind through all this"

Rushi for PM

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can not help but feel slightly envious of people getting paid to stay off work.

"Can not help but feel slightly envious of people getting paid to stay off work."
i dont think all would agree tho as all good getting 80% but 20% can be a big drop for families with bills etc to pay ..but will say most are thankful for it

"Can not help but feel slightly envious of people getting paid to stay off work."
same

Penicuik

"Can not help but feel slightly envious of people getting paid to stay off work.i dont think all would agree tho as all good getting 80% but 20% can be a big drop for families with bills etc to pay ..but will say most are thankful for it "

Costing me a tenner a day not to work.

I had the option to work or furlough.

No brainer really on my part.

Off to pour another dram. Hick

Im self employed, need to try and make it till June sometime before I see anything

Wait for the mass redundancies as i personnelly see this happening in a few months

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

"

No brainer really on my part. "

I'm sure that thought will be of comfort to you over the next decade or so whilst we deal with the global recession, the likes of which this country has never experienced since WW2.

Toast away pal, because it's likely the last significant assistance you're likely to receive for some time.

Really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that I don't have a choice and have to work, friends and family are desperate to work and provide for their families and you couldn't be bothered. Yet you'll take the furlough benefit in the knowledge that it is intended for those who cant work through no choice of their own.

Penicuik

"

I'm sure that thought will be of comfort to you over the next decade or so whilst we deal with the global recession, the likes of which this country has never experienced since WW2.

Toast away pal, because it's likely the last significant assistance you're likely to receive for some time.

Really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that I don't have a choice and have to work, friends and family are desperate to work and provide for their families and you couldn't be bothered. Yet you'll take the furlough benefit in the knowledge that it is intended for those who cant work through no choice of their own."

Worked since I was 15, unbroken taxes and continue to pay furlough tax.

You sound bitter

Carluke

"

You sound bitter "

You think that makes you unique ?

Bitter? More disgusted. That fact that you had the choice and effectively couldn't be bothered .

Let's see how bitter you get over the next decade when the council's further limit their services, you can't see a doctor and prices increase due to there being negligible manufacturing and food production this year. God forbid your organisation goes belly-up and/or rationalise the workforce. I'm sure the fact that you contributed to the problem will be of consolation to you and those who know you.

Penicuik

"

You sound bitter

You think that makes you unique ?

Bitter? More disgusted. That fact that you had the choice and effectively couldn't be bothered .

Let's see how bitter you get over the next decade when the council's further limit their services, you can't see a doctor and prices increase due to there being negligible manufacturing and food production this year. God forbid your organisation goes belly-up and/or rationalise the workforce. I'm sure the fact that you contributed to the problem will be of consolation to you and those who know you."

The furlough scheme had protected about 7.5 million jobs at almost 1m companies.

Maybe talk to Rushi Sunak about your concerns as I pour another large one

Hey each to their own I never got the option but if I got offered to sit at home and get paid dam sure I would take it and if most were honest they would too.

We pay taxes.

Carluke

Far too busy working and you are obviously not worth my time.

Such a shame you can no longer claim to have grafted continuously since 15. You chose to not work and benefit from others. Makes you no different from those who ponce off the state.

Carluke

"Hey each to their own I never got the option but if I got offered to sit at home and get paid dam sure I would take it and if most were honest they would too.

We pay taxes."

You're completely deluded if you believe taxes will pay for this crisis.

If you care to look around you, you will find that many had that choice and chose to work. Civic responsibility, morality, whatever reason. I respect them and their choice .

A

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Far too busy working and you are obviously not worth my time.

Such a shame you can no longer claim to have grafted continuously since 15. You chose to not work and benefit from others. Makes you no different from those who ponce off the state."

That is an unfair comment to make without knowing someones circumstances.

Penicuik

Such a shame you can no longer claim to have grafted continuously since 15. You chose to not work and benefit from others. Makes you no different from those who ponce off the state."

I’m not grafting because I’m safe guarding jobs and being paid to do so.

I was worthy of your time when you leaped like a salmon on this thread.

Don’t work to hard...

Penicuik

Such a shame you can no longer claim to have grafted continuously since 15. You chose to not work and benefit from others. Makes you no different from those who ponce off the state.

That is an unfair comment to make without knowing someones circumstances."

He’s one of these far right folks who votes for Nigel.

By *ine of BootyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow/ Manchester

The furlough scheme has been great but it’s not financially sustainable for the country or society.

Most credit companies doing their best to not allow payment holidays, adding costs on for when they do, mortgages allowing holidays for those who haven’t had problems previously and private nurseries still wanting full payments complete with the 20% + drop in income will see people finding it difficult.

That being said, happy to see a cautious approach being taken north of the border. Would rather tighten the belt financially than see more people dying, but then that’s easy to say when we are not the ones already struggling.

Carluke

Really? I dont believe I'm being unfair. If you read the initial post, you'll see him gloat and later state how he chose not to work.

Anyway, I've not said anything I wouldn't say to his face. Off to walk the dogs and chill a bit.

"Hey each to their own I never got the option but if I got offered to sit at home and get paid dam sure I would take it and if most were honest they would too.

We pay taxes.

You're completely deluded if you believe taxes will pay for this crisis.

If you care to look around you, you will find that many had that choice and chose to work. Civic responsibility, morality, whatever reason. I respect them and their choice .

A"

like the murpheys....your not bitter ehe?

As I said iv not stopped working never got the chance to sit in a safe environment and not put my and my families lives at risk.

But hey ho.

Penicuik

To put things into perspective.

The Govt bailed out the banks in 2008 at a cost of 500 billion

The cost of furlough till end of June is estimated at 49 billion.

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Inverness

I should have opened the thread and read what it was about. I went by the headline and had dug out 3 bags of charcoal and 5 litres of petrol.

Honest mistake.

Penicuik

"I should have opened the thread and read what it was about. I went by the headline and had dug out 3 bags of charcoal and 5 litres of petrol.

Honest mistake. "

More a satirical thread which a Nigel fan leaped on. I’d see your 3 bags of charcoal 5 litres of petrol and raise you a flame thrower normally where a tory was concerned.

Wonder what will happen after October as the schools aren't going to resemble anything like normal until December apparently.

So if your work wants you back in October but you have no childcare for the days they're not in school, a lot of folk will be screwed.

By *un4us2getherCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We pay taxes."

This, still working fulltime but if given option of furlough i would take it. Most people would be lying if said wouldnt.

Can't believe people are biting on this thread, haha nice winding up berring.

Penicuik

"Can't believe people are biting on this thread, haha nice winding up berring. "

Tooooooooo easy

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

If i had the option, I'd probably choose furlough. And very likely otally regretting it after about 2 weeks. Ups and downs to both having to work and being furloughed.

Not sure why some people feel the need to start pointing fingers saying what everyone else is doing wrong. We're all trying to make the best of a bad situation just now.

OP enjoy your dram. I'm getting my captain Morgan out the cupboard as we speak, so cheers x

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"If i had the option, I'd probably choose furlough. And very likely otally regretting it after about 2 weeks. Ups and downs to both having to work and being furloughed.

Not sure why some people feel the need to start pointing fingers saying what everyone else is doing wrong. We're all trying to make the best of a bad situation just now.

OP enjoy your dram. I'm getting my captain Morgan out the cupboard as we speak, so cheers x"

*totally

Penicuik

"If i had the option, I'd probably choose furlough. And very likely otally regretting it after about 2 weeks. Ups and downs to both having to work and being furloughed.

OP enjoy your dram. I'm getting my captain Morgan out the cupboard as we speak, so cheers x"

My spirits globe is stacked out. Been buying a bottle a week to tidy me over through these difficult times.

I’ll need to drink faster or buy a bigger globe.

They’re a Long Island Spice Tea with your name on it here

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I know the feeling,cant wait to get a bit of time off.

Falkirk

"

Really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that I don't have a choice and have to work, friends and family are desperate to work and provide for their families and you couldn't be bothered. Yet you'll take the furlough benefit in the knowledge that it is intended for those who cant work through no choice of their own."

Falkirk

"The furlough scheme has been great but it’s not financially sustainable for the country or society.

Most credit companies doing their best to not allow payment holidays, adding costs on for when they do, mortgages allowing holidays for those who haven’t had problems previously and private nurseries still wanting full payments complete with the 20% + drop in income will see people finding it difficult.

That being said, happy to see a cautious approach being taken north of the border. Would rather tighten the belt financially than see more people dying, but then that’s easy to say when we are not the ones already struggling. "

The furlough scheme is unbelievably flawed. Do a bit of research and see the amount of people that this has let slip through the net. especially the self employed,alot of families in slot of financial strife now because of the useless suni rushak.he took an easy option and didn't put the right thought into it,if any.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

We pay taxes."

I'm working from home but normally get the school holidays. I honestly find it absolute hell and jealous of those who can work. Being confined to your home with restrictions on movement is being off. Only so much painting, cleaning and day time telly (jesus day time telly..... ) that you can take. So being 'off work'aint that fun. I'd much rather be back.

"Cheers Rushi for enabling me to continue to get pissed, do my garden. enhance my carpentry skills, courtesy of 80% continued furlough scheme.

Nothing more pleasurable checking my bank account each Thursday and seeing the govt contribution to enable the lifestyle I’ve been accustomed to over the last 7 weeks.

"

what a narrow ignorant minded view, seeing this as a pleasurable lifestyle thing. People are dieing FFS because of this virus and our economy will suffer for decades but your alright jack! thats all that matters!

Penicuik

"Cheers Rushi for enabling me to continue to get pissed, do my garden. enhance my carpentry skills, courtesy of 80% continued furlough scheme.

what a narrow ignorant minded view, seeing this as a pleasurable lifestyle thing. People are dieing FFS because of this virus and our economy will suffer for decades but your alright jack! thats all that matters! "

Blame the govt they introduced it.

Pass me an ice cube for this tequila cocktail while your here.

what a narrow ignorant minded view, seeing this as a pleasurable lifestyle thing. People are dieing FFS because of this virus and our economy will suffer for decades but your alright jack! thats all that matters! "

Correct the economy will suffer. Prices are already soaring in the supermarkets. Council taxes will go up a vast amount & the government will recoup the money back. Mark my words. Smile while doing your garden & getting pissed as everythings about to go up in price. Holidays, petrol, food,energy etc etc etc

Penicuik

what a narrow ignorant minded view, seeing this as a pleasurable lifestyle thing. People are dieing FFS because of this virus and our economy will suffer for decades but your alright jack! thats all that matters!

Correct the economy will suffer. Prices are already soaring in the supermarkets. Council taxes will go up a vast amount & the government will recoup the money back. Mark my words. Smile while doing your garden & getting pissed as everythings about to go up in price. Holidays, petrol, food,energy etc etc etc

"

Prices are already sky high, thankfully Rushi seeing me ok cash wise to afford the increases.

Prices are already sky high, thankfully Rushi seeing me ok cash wise to afford the increases. "

Do you have kids?

Penicuik

Prices are already sky high, thankfully Rushi seeing me ok cash wise to afford the increases.

Do you have kids?"

You a detective ?

I look forward to seeing how many companys are going to pay a % off the 80%

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

I was really hoping that this thread was going to involve an open fire and a spit. Never mind.

Penicuik

"I was really hoping that this thread was going to involve an open fire and a spit. Never mind.

"

Sorry, plenty of those pits on other threads but there has been a few fell down a pit on here.

By *uck BuddyMan  over a year ago

Central

"I was really hoping that this thread was going to involve an open fire and a spit. Never mind.

Sorry, plenty of those pits on other threads but there has been a few fell down a pit on here. "

Listen to yourself. Your a Little boy enjoying school time and your pocket money.

Penicuik

Sorry, plenty of those pits on other threads but there has been a few fell down a pit on here.

Listen to yourself. Your a Little boy enjoying school time and your pocket money. "

Plenty other threads to piss on. This is an appreciation of today’s announcement.

Next !

Penicuik

"I look forward to seeing how many companys are going to pay a % off the 80% "

Employers not expected to contribute till August, lots of water under the bridge before that date.

Employers could bring folk back part time for instance and the percentage of wage made up.

Currently that scenario is not possible under the current furlough scheme.

I think it's a great scheme and from my point of view I was able to keep staff safe whilst they could still afford to pay their bills. There wasn't a trade off in that respect. However for some not coming to work has many other challenges. And my concern is the implications of those. Long term no one knows what will happen.. I hope that people in all sectors will still have jobs to go back to and the gov find ways to not penalise the poorest in society for everything covid is costing.

There are many people though where the help isn't there for them. And the extention of this scheme just symbolises its going to get harder still. As I was between contracts, I was almost one of them. I can't imagine how difficult things are for them.

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

You are being unreasonable. Some people choose not to go to work to protect their loved ones and themselves from death as we know this has been the outcome of those who have gone to work.

Penicuik

You are being unreasonable. Some people choose not to go to work to protect their loved ones and themselves from death as we know this has been the outcome of those who have gone to work.

"

The Govt orders folk not to work. Nigel thinks the state shouldn’t pay and those furloughed should starve to death.

Nigel isn’t aware that those furloughed are still employed and still contributing.

Nigel is known as a sock puppet 77th brigade account.

If it wasn’t for the furlough scheme I would have been making most of my employees redundant.

Fortunately we are back off the furlough scheme and at full capacity again and actually picked up more work and will be looking at recruiting more staff shortly.

In my industry there are companies who have shut down and furloughed their employees. The companies that aren’t sitting about claiming from the government are picking up their work and will become stronger, leaving their rivals behind.

We’ll pay for this in the future, that extra 20% might come in handy for people very soon

By *ine of BootyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow/ Manchester

"

The furlough scheme is unbelievably flawed. Do a bit of research and see the amount of people that this has let slip through the net. especially the self employed,alot of families in slot of financial strife now because of the useless suni rushak.he took an easy option and didn't put the right thought into it,if any."

Well for what it’s worth, it’s easy for us to sit at home and pick holes in these schemes, doesn’t help here, isn’t good enough there.

The furlough scheme as you say hasn’t helped so many but it has aided the majority and no matter what was devised, there would always be a minority.

My other half is one of them, he has his own business and doesn’t qualify for the furlough so gets the basic SSP...which he has no idea when that will come, if at all.

As you tell me to ‘do some research’ when I surprisingly do have as much a level of understanding of the scheme as the next person, then perhaps you could write to the PM with a better option or tell us here how it could be changed to suit everyone?

Penicuik

"If it wasn’t for the furlough scheme I would have been making most of my employees redundant.

Fortunately we are back off the furlough scheme and at full capacity again and actually picked up more work and will be looking at recruiting more staff shortly. "

Excellent, well done

"If it wasn’t for the furlough scheme I would have been making most of my employees redundant.

Fortunately we are back off the furlough scheme and at full capacity again and actually picked up more work and will be looking at recruiting more staff shortly.

Excellent, well done "

thank you it means a lot

Do you have kids?

You a detective ? "

Any reason why you didnt answer the question or is it because you know whats coming next after antagonising people? The truth

Penicuik

Do you have kids?

You a detective ? ...

Any reason why you didnt answer the question or is it because you know whats coming next after antagonising people? The truth"

Seriously. Asking a stranger if they have kids on a swinging site is creepy as fuck.

"At last!!! 1 good thing that the govt has done ..gives lots of ppl peace of mind through all this"

This. I work in education and was very worried what would happen past July and official school hols

Penicuik

I don’t need to re-read it I own it

Great thread.

Lay the cheese. Wait.

Snap.

Light hearted reply.

Lay the cheese. Wait.

Etc etc.

Getting a G&T and a comfy chair. Carry on.

Well said

Penicuik

Well said "

Thanks

Well said "

Furlough is a good thing and has saved many people from suffering or dying by enabling people to remain at home.

I cannot see how the extension of furlough can be celebrated. The basic meaning is that more people have died than was initially thought would and that we have not contained the virus as we hoped we would.

I have worked all through with pride. A fact I seek neither criticism nor recognition for. but most people I know would rather have been working as normal.

Extension of furlough is acknowledgement that a return to normal life is even further away than we had all hoped.

With any luck we may get a second wave and in excess of another 30 000 innocent people may die enabling you to maintain your lifestyle of choice for even longer.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I look forward to seeing how many companys are going to pay a % off the 80%

Employers not expected to contribute till August, lots of water under the bridge before that date.

Employers could bring folk back part time for instance and the percentage of wage made up.

Currently that scenario is not possible under the current furlough scheme. "

I'm the same as you. Luckily my company is covering our full wage. Added bonus is the full years holiday entitlement on return. All 6 weeks. Cant complain really eh

Disclaimer* although totally true I feel for all those who are struggling and our key workers

The bitter folks that take life too serious.....have a wee holiday you probably need it

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Amazing that some think this is free money I will have to be paid back if I had the choice I'd work I dont have that choice and the sector I'm in can see our plant shutting down when this scheme shuts down there simply wont be need for the product a lot of folk will be in the same boat and I'd guess like me they are happy theirs clowns misusing the scheme

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

The whole point of furloughed is so that people keep their employment whilst the country is made to stay home and stay safe and for those who can't work due to being vulnerable and at risk . Unlike some on here hubby and i have never ever relied on any benefits in all our lives neither have my adult kids or other family members, we are workers who are getting a break to keep our families and ourselves safe from the virus so saving lives like everyone else abiding by the rules . It's no peachy ride for all only difference is we are not spending lots due to shops and clubs being closed. Some are doing things in order to cope ie gardening, having a drink in garden, bbq with household, decorating. Coping with the situation in general , others are enjoying the fact that they can actually have same meals times and bedtimes as their kids, spending time with thier kids and bonding because majority of their lives it's been work and school. You gotta take the good from the bad or you will be sour faced feckers with green eyed goggles on.

By *uzzy-LogicMan  over a year ago

Fochabers

Some the time I do envy them, although would get bored quite quickly, so glad I'm working.

Especially if this going to be another 6 months.

Penicuik

"I look forward to seeing how many companys are going to pay a % off the 80%

Currently that scenario is not possible under the current furlough scheme.

I'm the same as you. Luckily my company is covering our full wage. Added bonus is the full years holiday entitlement on return. All 6 weeks. Cant complain really eh

Disclaimer* although totally true I feel for all those who are struggling and our key workers

The bitter folks that take life too serious.....have a wee holiday you probably need it"

It’s good to hear there is some good employers around.

It’s always the same culprits pissing on threads threw their own misfortunes looking to let of steam sadly.

It’s seems the “satirical” element was deliberately ignored.

What’s not to like about getting paid to not work

Penicuik

"The whole point of furloughed is so that people keep their employment whilst the country is made to stay home and stay safe and for those who can't work due to being vulnerable and at risk . Unlike some on here hubby and i have never ever relied on any benefits in all our lives neither have my adult kids or other family members, we are workers who are getting a break to keep our families and ourselves safe from the virus so saving lives like everyone else abiding by the rules . It's no peachy ride for all only difference is we are not spending lots due to shops and clubs being closed. Some are doing things in order to cope ie gardening, having a drink in garden, bbq with household, decorating. Coping with the situation in general , others are enjoying the fact that they can actually have same meals times and bedtimes as their kids, spending time with thier kids and bonding because majority of their lives it's been work and school. You gotta take the good from the bad or you will be sour faced feckers with green eyed goggles on. "

Excellent post

Penicuik

"Can not help but feel slightly envious of people getting paid to stay off work.

Some the time I do envy them, although would get bored quite quickly, so glad I'm working.

Especially if this going to be another 6 months.

"

Hopefully back to some sort of normal before that so I can grab a holiday courtesy of HMRC

Penicuik

"With any luck we may get a second wave and in excess of another 30 000 innocent people may die enabling you to maintain your lifestyle of choice for even longer."

So you don’t agree people who are following orders not to work by the govt, should continue whatever lifestyle they chose to within the realms of the restrictions. Bizarre

By *sasimpleMan  over a year ago

D & G

As I understand it whilst this scheme has been extended till October the government are looking for employers to contribute come July or August.

That'll be when current furloughed workers may see it all hitting the fan.

Penicuik

"As I understand it whilst this scheme has been extended till October the government are looking for employers to contribute come July or August.

That'll be when current furloughed workers may see it all hitting the fan."

From August employers will be expected to “contribute” the actual detail is not released yet by means of how or what that entails.

One scenario muted is that folk can go back part time so employers contribute that part of the wage and HMRC cover the rest to give a full salary. Currently that’s not possible under the current terms.

On the same day this was announced, 4 people in my friends work where sacked/made redundant.

I'm still confused why an employer who has the option of keeping staff on furlough would do this.

Just goes to show how heartless some employers are.

Penicuik

"Amazing that some think this is free money I will have to be paid back if I had the choice I'd work I dont have that choice and the sector I'm in can see our plant shutting down when this scheme shuts down there simply wont be need for the product a lot of folk will be in the same boat and I'd guess like me they are happy theirs clowns misusing the scheme "

As I said in an early post. Bankers bailed out to the tune of 500 billion

Furlough scheme till July 49billion expected 60/70 billion for the duration of the scheme.

Those on furlough some 7 million are safeguarding over 1 billion jobs.

It’s not free money it’s paid for by taxes, taxes that that furloughed employees continue to pay even on furlough.

If the Govt order you not to work there isn’t really much you can do about it.

By misusing the scheme do you mean employers and in what way ?

Penicuik

"On the same day this was announced, 4 people in my friends work where sacked/made redundant.

I'm still confused why an employer who has the option of keeping staff on furlough would do this.

Just goes to show how heartless some employers are."

Unfortunately loads of employers will use this C19 pandemic to drive an agenda for personal gain in unscrupulous behaviour.

There is a 45 day consultation period on redundancy. Do they have a union ?

Penicuik

"Great thread."

Thanks

"Getting a G&T and a comfy chair. Carry on. "

Careful, mentioning a G&T may have you lynched on here.

By *ufflinkslaceMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Once this is over...I fear how the gov plans to recoup the financial damages caused. Expect taxes on everything to rise and salary freezing for years. (Let's not forget the damage Brexit will do too).

"With any luck we may get a second wave and in excess of another 30 000 innocent people may die enabling you to maintain your lifestyle of choice for even longer.

So you don’t agree people who are following orders not to work by the govt, should continue whatever lifestyle they chose to within the realms of the restrictions. Bizarre "

Well selected and used out of context.

I thought one of the points you made was you had not been ordered by the government - obviously I will have got that wrong.

I understand now you never have any basis to your opinions or debates. Mostly your attitude is to attempt to make others look simple whilst attempting to appear educated.

I am hopefully that whilst you have all this time at home you may learn some basic human compassion and lose a little arrogance.

By *ndrew MannMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"How long it going to last

October

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-extends-furlough-scheme-until-october"

The 80% furlough scheme is paid fully by the government until end of June, then they are going to be asking employers to contribute, my biggest concern is IF the employer can’t (or won’t) contribute what happens then ? I’ve seen no figures on how much percentage wise an employer has to pay.

Penicuik

"With any luck we may get a second wave and in excess of another 30 000 innocent people may die enabling you to maintain your lifestyle of choice for even longer.

So you don’t agree people who are following orders not to work by the govt, should continue whatever lifestyle they chose to within the realms of the restrictions. Bizarre

I thought one of the points you made was you had not been ordered by the government - obviously I will have got that wrong.

I understand now you never have any basis to your opinions or debates. Mostly your attitude is to attempt to make others look simple whilst attempting to appear educated.

I am hopefully that whilst you have all this time at home you may learn some basic human compassion and lose a little arrogance.

"

Yeah you got it wrong. Govt orders people not to work. Again, strangers on a sex site telling people how to conduct themselves won’t be on my top 5 advice lists to adhere to.

Penicuik

"How long it going to last

October

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-extends-furlough-scheme-until-october

The 80% furlough scheme is paid fully by the government until end of June, then they are going to be asking employers to contribute, my biggest concern is IF the employer can’t (or won’t) contribute what happens then ? I’ve seen no figures on how much percentage wise an employer has to pay. "

The “detail” won’t be released for another week or 5 I’m gathering.

Yeah you got it wrong. Govt orders people not to work. Again, strangers on a sex site telling people how to conduct themselves won’t be on my top 5 advice lists to adhere to. "

Didn't realise I had offered any advice on how to conduct yourself.

Just pure dismay at your treatment of others and your general disregard for fellow humans.

You are correct you are nothing but a stranger on a sex site attempting to offer advice.

I will leave you to it.

The word being punted around and this is only the media saying is the employers will pay 20% and government 60% , i cant see it changing to the employers paying 40% and government paying 60% .

But as i said in earlier post watch for the Mass pay offs .

Company's who only have between 20 - 99 employees 30 consulation period , if they have more than 100 its 45 days consulation

Penicuik

Yeah you got it wrong. Govt orders people not to work. Again, strangers on a sex site telling people how to conduct themselves won’t be on my top 5 advice lists to adhere to.

Just pure dismay at your treatment of others and your general disregard for fellow humans.

You are correct you are nothing but a stranger on a sex site attempting to offer advice.

I will leave you to it.

"

Thanks for your input anyway

You might want to re-read back a little and see the word “satirical” before jumping In head first

Penicuik

"The word being punted around and this is only the media saying is the employers will pay 20% and government 60% , i cant see it changing to the employers paying 40% and government paying 60% .

But as i said in earlier post watch for the Mass pay offs .

Company's who only have between 20 - 99 employees 30 consulation period , if they have more than 100 its 45 days consulation "

Indeed, without knowing the “number” of employees in the workplace I gave the 45

I will leave you to it.

Thanks for your input anyway

You might want to re-read back a little and see the word “satirical” before jumping In head first "

I saw the word - used way to late in the thread. By the time I looked it up in the dictionary it was to late I had jumped in.

I was not being sartical.!!

Glad you appreciate my input, always worth knowing your values by just a stranger on a sex site.

By *hadow1085Couple  over a year ago

GLENROTHES

Folk are harsh & bitter!

The guy was offered furlough, he took it. Arguably the company he works for NEEDED people to take time away so that those remaining at work can adhere to social distancing. Fair enough.

Theres nothing wrong with ENJOYING time off work either- do you know what shitey boring job he does? People may be dying but the OP isn't the one KILLING them.

The main message throughout this crisis has been 'STAY HOME' - he's doing that.

'Only go to work if you HAVE to' ...he obviously doesn't HAVE to.

I'm up shit creek as both myself & hubby are self employed with 4 kids to feed.

Am i resentful or bitter of the OP or others getting paid to stay home? Not at all! Glad to see someone HAPPY. Better that than suicidally depressed!

Stay happy dude!

Penicuik

Excellent glad we’ve cleared the air

I never said you were being satirical though.

What I did say way back up on the thread was

that THIS was a satirical post. My post !

Never mind.

Penicuik

"Folk are harsh & bitter!

The guy was offered furlough, he took it. Arguably the company he works for NEEDED people to take time away so that those remaining at work can adhere to social distancing. Fair enough.

Theres nothing wrong with ENJOYING time off work either- do you know what shitey boring job he does? People may be dying but the OP isn't the one KILLING them.

Am i resentful or bitter of the OP or others getting paid to stay home? Not at all! Glad to see someone HAPPY. Better that than suicidally depressed!

Stay happy dude! "

7.5 million fellow furloughed workers salute you squire.

Hopefully your situation improves.

"Excellent glad we’ve cleared the air

Never mind. "

You forgot the sigh of exasperation signifying my stupidity there but it was almost audible.

Penicuik

Never mind.

You forgot the sigh of exasperation signifying my stupidity there but it was almost audible.

"

I’m surprised you couldn’t hear my head banging of the tree I’m pruning in my 5 acre garden.

Never mind.

I’m surprised you couldn’t hear my head banging of the tree I’m pruning in my 5 acre garden. "

It was much more a vision of me smashing your head off your tree, several times. And that from a non violent person.

Penicuik

Never mind.

I’m surprised you couldn’t hear my head banging of the tree I’m pruning in my 5 acre garden.

It was much more a vision of me smashing your head off your tree, several times. And that from a non violent person."

Quality

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Maybe it sounds satirical to some, but to others it might be a smug, condescending, shit-stirring pile of shit. Just an objective observation.

By *hadow1085Couple  over a year ago

GLENROTHES

Stay happy dude!

Hopefully your situation improves. "

Thank you, luckily we don't have expensive tastes & had mentally prepared as a family for 'the shit hitting the fan' one day.....that day came and we were just glad we didn't have to hit the road & wild camp! Haha.

We adapted quickly & easily to the situation (kids are actually thriving!). We are quite enjoying lockdown! Theres 2 options i think - make the most of a bad situation or piss, moan & be miserable until it resolves....we decided to make the best of it!

Penicuik

"Maybe it sounds satirical to some, but to others it might be a smug, condescending, shit-stirring pile of shit. Just an objective observation."

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time”

I’m working on the first 2, bare with me.

Penicuik

Stay happy dude!

Hopefully your situation improves.

Thank you, luckily we don't have expensive tastes & had mentally prepared as a family for 'the shit hitting the fan' one day.....that day came and we were just glad we didn't have to hit the road & wild camp! Haha.

We adapted quickly & easily to the situation (kids are actually thriving!). We are quite enjoying lockdown! Theres 2 options i think - make the most of a bad situation or piss, moan & be miserable until it resolves....we decided to make the best of it! "

Excellent

You couldn’t have hit the road though, not yet as the forum polis would grass yeah up

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I'm going to close this before any others give into the temptation to bite on the OPs hook.