FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Those ‘doh’ moments

Those ‘doh’ moments

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r Costa xx OP   Man  over a year ago

stirling

We’ve all had those moments when you’re not quite sure if someone is taking the piss.....

In the canteen making a cuppa and one of the guys started watching tv, turned round and said to me he’s going to have to learn to lip read as he can’t hear the tv, I looked for a sec, expecting a punchline, nope he turned back squinting at the tv, I lifted the remote, turned mute off and hey presto, he was cured, fair to say he felt like a complete twat

What’s your moment?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"We’ve all had those moments when you’re not quite sure if someone is taking the piss.....

In the canteen making a cuppa and one of the guys started watching tv, turned round and said to me he’s going to have to learn to lip read as he can’t hear the tv, I looked for a sec, expecting a punchline, nope he turned back squinting at the tv, I lifted the remote, turned mute off and hey presto, he was cured, fair to say he felt like a complete twat

What’s your moment?"

Looking forward to a wee hotub night only to remember as your taking the lid off that its actually empty becuse it had to be moved when the builders were in didnt even notice it was switched off

or walking about looking for your glasses when they are always on the top of your head lol

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I filled up the electic kettle and put it on the gas hob to boil. Wondered why flames were starting to appear before it dawned on me what i had done.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

Started to cut the wrong end off a door I was trimming down

Fortunately I dying made two cuts, so a judicious bit of packing and sealing sorted it

I've also put the laundry in the dishwasher once

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I moved house recently, I set up a re-direction for my mail...

I set it up to be delivered 2 doors down from me though

Building a brand new wardrobe only to put one shelf and the base the wrong way round, so the door wouldn’t shut.

Having to unscrew and pull out fifty nails to take the whole thing apart, swap the pieces and then hammer the backboard in to place. Again

Washing machine was knackered just after buying nearly a year before. Called Hotpoint absolutely livid...eventually got through the press option 1,2,3,4 nonsense to speak to a person. Went on a mega rant with the wee guy about how shite Hotpoint was.

He asked me the serial no...I told him.

He asked me what name was written on the front of the machine...."Zanussi...."

Hung up feeling like an utter fanny.

Putting my reading glasses on top of my normal glasses to read.

Caved and bought bifocals

Electrocuted myself with a baby monitor whilst trying to boil a kettle and warm a bottle of milk at the same time - I blame sleep deprivation.

By *alkdirty2meCouple  over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

Using sat nav on my phone but having to return home cos I must have left my phone in the house 8 mile extra journey before I realised

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

You guys are making me feel good about myself. Please carry on.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

This morning I went to put the milk back in the fridge only to realise I had the kettle in my hand

"Using sat nav on my phone but having to return home cos I must have left my phone in the house 8 mile extra journey before I realised "

Do none of your 80 cars have sat nav?

"This morning I went to put the milk back in the fridge only to realise I had the kettle in my hand "

I have a friend who couldn’t find the fabric conditioner she bought till she went to make a cuppa for a similar reason

By *alkdirty2meCouple  over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

"Using sat nav on my phone but having to return home cos I must have left my phone in the house 8 mile extra journey before I realised

Do none of your 80 cars have sat nav?"

Very very few as I prefer older

By *r Costa xx OP   Man  over a year ago

stirling

Just had a good chuckle at these, good to know I’m in good company

By *ebimimosaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Most of mind were sponsored by Bacardi

The time I answered the following question in a quiz, “What comes out of a gun beginning with ‘b’? To which I shouted “BANG!!”

By *hadow1085Couple  over a year ago

GLENROTHES

I climbed Ben A'an with my parents & my 2 wee boys a few years back (I was about 28?) I was a right lazy mare back then and would drive to my local shop daily for copius amounrs of fags, cheese & wine (it was literally faster to walk it but I drove anyway - thats how lazy!)

Half way up Ben A'an I started SERIOSALY lagging. My dad spurred me on with a promise of an ice cream van at the top! I spent the remainder of the hike wondering just how they managed to get supplies up, how did they get the damn VAN up in the first place?? Does the person serving really have to hike up & down twice daily???

It wasn't till I reached the top looking for said van that the penny finally dropped. I felt like a right dippy mare!

In the bath finally shaving my bits then realising halfway through hubby has still got a beard so no shaving foam left

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"This morning I went to put the milk back in the fridge only to realise I had the kettle in my hand "

I do that all the time. Also making coffee and added a teabag without thinking. I would probably forget my head if it wasnt screwed on

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Put on my glasses to read a letter but everything was blurred. I had put on sunglasses instead of reading specs.

"This morning I went to put the milk back in the fridge only to realise I had the kettle in my hand

I do that all the time. Also making coffee and added a teabag without thinking. I would probably forget my head if it wasnt screwed on "

Or find the teabag at the bottom of the cup... yuk

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"This morning I went to put the milk back in the fridge only to realise I had the kettle in my hand

I do that all the time. Also making coffee and added a teabag without thinking. I would probably forget my head if it wasnt screwed on

Or find the teabag at the bottom of the cup... yuk "

Yip. That too. I've also found the milk in the mug cupboard

Or find the teabag at the bottom of the cup... yuk

Yip. That too. I've also found the milk in the mug cupboard "

See above comment on fabric conditioner

By *latharerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow CC

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 06:46:23]

By *latharerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow CC

My most common one is when my mind wanders when in a long conversation on the phone only to get that sudden knot in my stomach when I can't find my phone. Then realise I've got the bloody thing stuck to my ear!!

The next part is to try and work out what I've missed.

Sadly this is happening more often these last few months.

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Getting half way through your work day and realising that you have odd shoes on.

What's worse is one was a lace up, and the other a slip on!

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

i have occasionally, when really tired, put the milk back in the cupboard and cereal box in the fridge

Phoned asda customer services as thought they had sold me a pizza with no topping, they advised me to turn the pizza over, yep I found the topping

I'll get my coat

looking for my vape when I have it in my hand or pocket

» Add a new message to this topic