FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Trial by Fab

Trial by Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Dominic Cummings

Rule breaker or behaved acceptably.

Personally, I accept his reasons for travelling to an isolated location where he could get child care if they both fell very ill.

However

I don't accept the bullshit for his visit to Barnard castle. That was a wee day out before heading back to London.

He said in his press conference they only stayed 15 minutes before " packing up the car and heading home".

If your out for a short drive to check your ok to drive what needed " packed back into car " ??

My guessay is he realised he had been spotted and decided on a more secluded spot near the river. That excuse was his son needed the toilet on the way home, if his mother got out the car to take the child to pee , why did the father get out too, and why stay and play there during lockdown. He only left that spot as he had been recognised again.

Guilty as fuck in my eyes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bet they didn't even have the kid with them, they went dogging really

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Guilty. He has to go.

What has angered me the most is his refusal to say sorry.

Our chief medical officer fucked up and held her hands up and handed in her resignation even though Sturgeon refused it at first. Ultimately the people spoke though and she had to go.

I wonder if Boris will respect the peoples voice in wanting him sacked or not.

I can understand anyone reacting in a panic if they had genuine concerns about a loved one's welfare. But the fact is thousands of people up and down the country will have faced similar dilemmas but thought they'd have to soldier on because they were following the rules. That's why we had mass hysteria and panic buying when people were scared they wouldn't get to the shops for 14 days if they were isolating.

So he fucked up. But doubt Boris will ask him to go.

By *ncomplicated84Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen / Poland

Exactly. If they’d said yes, he made the trip and this was the reasons for it, and he fucked up by going on a day trip this could have blown over by now. But by lying, and spinning the events to avoid any blame at all, they’ve treated us all with contempt and played the public for fools (not for the first time) and, arguably, compromised the progress made these last 2 months.

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Guilty.

The cynic in us also wonders why the messaging changed a fortnight ago? Was this to pre-empt the story coming out and BoJo having to defend him at a podium that had STAY AT HOME - SAVE LIVES emblazoned across the front of it?

When the second wave hits us, and especially if it hits us hard, then the tories will have a lot of explaining to do.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

one rule for us another for them, same with the surveillance, tax and enquiry laws. Only reason folk are up in arms is because we are already frustrated.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

There is no way he didn’t discuss his movements beforehand with Boris or some other senior Tory especially if the main reason was corona symptoms as you are supposed to let people you have been in contact with know in case they show signs and so they can isolate.

He may well have went for childcare reasons however the castle trip was a day out possibly because they had been Stuck in for two weeks but was still against the guidelines he helped create

No apology, no mention of wife’s ability to drive, no reason why a family member couldn’t have gone to them which should have been easier - the class system is alive and well as we have already seen in scotland with caldrewood, they understand the reasons behind the rules/guidelines but think they don’t relate to them because of their status in life

He will be standing outside his front door on Thursday clapping in support of our NHS.

Hypocritical fuckwits.

His sister is the Executive of IDOX which is in charge of the Votes System..Why would The PM not defend him.

Let that si k in..

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

It says his return to London was fine after taking advice he could return to work and seek childcare . If he is a key worker childcare was available . I’m pretty sure there would have been some advisor to the government who could have pointed him in the wright direction for that before driving to Durham . If his family or home was under threat pretty sure Downing Street would have been able to advise suitable accommodation in London . The story will go on and on sadly .

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

His story on Sunday is a poor attempt to cobble together a reasonable tale.

There are holes all over it.

Add to this the stage managed press conference, his body language, avoiding eye contact etc

Not to mention the self satisfied smirk as he walked away.

Why did he drive while his vision was impaired, surely his wife could have driven.

If you were so unsure of your ability to drive safely would you take your 4 year old on a test drive

His wifes piece in the spectator totally contradicts his version and his claim to have warned last year of a corona virus outbreak, he updated that into his blog during April.

The man cannot be trusted and most of the government have compromised themselves by backing him.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

He can have the whole of this Governement falling over themselves to keep him in a job ...but couldnt find a baby sitter for the wain ....feck off mate.

A had bad eyesight so I thought I'd go for a 60 mile drive to check it out ...feck off mate.

Treating the public like idiots ...feck off mate

A think he is pumpin Johnson ....I'll leave that image in your head

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

A wee titbit of info that I found amusing as well about Barnard castle.

In 1569 Sir George Bowes repeatedly mad excuses not to leave the castle and join a battle against Mary queen of scots army.

He was branded a coward for his pathetic excuses, there is now a local expression in Durham for poor or ridiculous excuses "that's Barney castle"

And Cummings gave us a tale which is Barney castle.

He went to see his boyfriend Mandelson

Whatever he has on Johnson must be great

edinburgh

"Whatever he has on Johnson must be great"

has to worse than Cameron fucking the pig

edinburgh

"Whatever he has on Johnson must be great

has to be worse than Cameron fucking the pig"

"A wee titbit of info that I found amusing as well about Barnard castle.

In 1569 Sir George Bowes repeatedly mad excuses not to leave the castle and join a battle against Mary queen of scots army.

He was branded a coward for his pathetic excuses, there is now a local expression in Durham for poor or ridiculous excuses "that's Barney castle"

And Cummings gave us a tale which is Barney castle."

... and he certainly underlined that. Brilliant!!

He broke the rules before he even left London.

He went home because his wife called him to say she felt ill. He spent time with her and their child and then went back to work for the afternoon.

She had Covid symptoms. He should have stayed home and isolated for 14 days. He showed his lack of respect for the basic rules before he even got in his car.

That's before you get onto travelling, his kid needing to use medical services in another area (one of the reasons people were asked not to travel to second homes), driving while allegedly having vision issues and expecting us to be gullible enough to believe that he was so concerned about the safety of his wife and child in London that he had to go north despite being utterly desperate to bring them back to London a few days later.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Don't mind him breaking the rules so much - and he totally was breaking them and knows it as well. But the attitude from himself and Boris Johnson is unacceptable and disgusting. I really do hope they'll suffer the consequences x

By *ebimimosaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Do as I say, not as I do

If he expected the plebs to behave he should be whiter than white.

He may not have broken the letter of the dictate, but he sure destroyed the spirit of the law.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Guilty on both counts. Travelling to cottage to looking after their child while one had symptoms and the other thought they might isn't acceptable. And driving 30 miles to check his eyesight, when I passed my test driving with impaired vision was illegal.....must gave changed now. But it was nice to see that it all coincided with his wife's birthday ....so that was nice.

If you believe anything about this story your a fool.

Absolutely no apology no remorse from an adviser not an elected MP an adviser.you want to know who's running the country.its him.

Boris popularity polls are on the slide so every cloud and all that.

He's guilty on every instance. He should have stayed at home, and his arrogance and that of the ministers supporting him is shocking. Typical behavior of the ruling class.

By *W1970Man  over a year ago

hamilton

That’s the tories for you. You can never trust them

By *uzy1000TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Guilty,get him to fuck.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

the law is quite clear that if you cannot demonstrate full control of a vehicle, you should not drive and insurance is void. There's no need to "test" if you can drive, especially as it does not fit "essential" travel. And why take the kids?

There may have been welfare issues in it, but they must have been making the best of a convenient situation....

I still believe he is guilty.

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Travelled up to Durham on his mums birthday tested his eyes on a wee jolly to the castle on his wifes birthday.

An absolute liar of a man, but thanks for your car crash interview, second only to nonce andrews in the cringeworthy stakes.

Guilty M'Lord.

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Guilty but so is the vast majority of the rest of the population and therefore mostly hypocrites.

I personally know hundreds and see thousands who are breaking the rules including a personal friend who is a doctor on a covid ward who is breaking the lockdown - she could be killing people whereas Cummings is just a fuckwit.

I actually don't know one single person who has obeyed the rules to the letter. Even I did one tiny thing that wasn't 100% right.

This is just a witch hunt fueled by the fact the press and therefore the public don't like him, speaking of which, did you see the footage of the press outside his home? No 2M separation there yet I don't see petitions and anyone writing to their MP about that massive breach.

Perhaps we should make it law that employers must fire anyone who has broken lockdown?

I thought not.

"That’s the tories for you. You can never trust them "

Please don't tell me you thought you could

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"Guilty but so is the vast majority of the rest of the population and therefore mostly hypocrites.

I personally know hundreds and see thousands who are breaking the rules including a personal friend who is a doctor on a covid ward who is breaking the lockdown - she could be killing people whereas Cummings is just a fuckwit.

I actually don't know one single person who has obeyed the rules to the letter. Even I did one tiny thing that wasn't 100% right.

This is just a witch hunt fueled by the fact the press and therefore the public don't like him, speaking of which, did you see the footage of the press outside his home? No 2M separation there yet I don't see petitions and anyone writing to their MP about that massive breach.

Perhaps we should make it law that employers must fire anyone who has broken lockdown?

I thought not."

Don’t think for a second that Cummings actions might not kill folk.

He’s in the limelight and getting away with doing something that his cronies have told us not to do.

He’s shown it was one rule for us and one for them.

And people will be annoyed.

He could have almost got away with it if he’d put his hands up and apologised.

But the arrogance to announce he did nothing wrong and then get backed up for it?

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people said “screw this” and hit the streets.

And if they did it because of what Cummings did then it’s on him!

Hopefully people are wiser than they seemed to be when they helped vote these idiots in

"Guilty but so is the vast majority of the rest of the population and therefore mostly hypocrites.

I thought not."

I think the vast majority have abided by the rules, most would as well have had a momentary lapse but that doesn't mean they are notfollowing the guidelines. The press are guilty of being over zealous and when they get the bit between their teeth can turn it into a media witch hunt. But Cummings deserves everything he is getting just now he is a devious lying arrogant cunt.

Guilty..... What he was essentially saying was if yoy or your respective partner feels a bit poorly its a free pass to leave your home.

He, like the PM, are just serial liars. The rules do not apply to them as they are above it all.

Now just imagine lots of sweary words about them all and insert here

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Guilty. One of the worst things is that he basically knew that he and his wife had covid 19, and he still made the trip.

People talk about how many others have broken lockdown blah, blah, blah... but I doubt those people who do flaunt the rules believe they are infected. It's wilful endangerment of the public.

» Add a new message to this topic