FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > TV / CD makeover service - What would you expect from it?

TV / CD makeover service - What would you expect from it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *araDeLuxe OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Calling all Scottish TVs!

By far the second most frequent question I get asked is 'do you do makeovers / feminisation type stuff?'

Currently I don't, mainly because it's a lot different from doing your own styling and the looks that I favour are... not subtle, shall we say. Oh, and there's the small matter of a global pandemic of course.

But if I were to practice on some pumpkins / doll heads and widen my breadth of styling, would a semi-professional service like this be something people might be interested in?

What would you gals expect? Obviously a makeup service is a given. As is prosecco! Optional photographs with decent lighting maybe? Would a wardrobe of various outfits in various sizes be expected?

Just thinking out loud really - this wouldn't happen until next year if at all. But curious to hear any thoughts!

L xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

If you're serious about it, then remember there are day-courses and such at college and night-school. A friend of mine did a 6-week course that was literally once a week for 90 minutes.

What I would say may be a good thing would be a service that Hide and Sleek used to arrange and that was a makeup tutorial service.

The person that would do it would go over all the basics including colours suitable for yourself.

I still have my notes from when I did it many many moons ago, and could forward them onto you if you wish, so you could see what sorta stuff was told.

Mandy

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

I always wanted more salon services like waxing n stuff on offer

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

I would expect oiled men in thongs to feed me peeled grapes while they shave my bum

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Berlin, Germany

I've used Caroline @ Cjs for Make Overs previously.

Then spent some pennies on a couple of make up lessons from Cindy @ Boys will be Girls in London. Which was well worth the money.

Part of the issue will be putting your name out there - you know how the Scottish "press" love to expose that which they do not understand.

By *ebimimosaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

There are probably several levels to of make overs to consider.

1. Total dream girl, but you would to invest in a wardrobe cover size 12 to 36.

2. Make up with own clothes

3. Make up lessons for glamour

4. Make up lessons for when you can only do quick escapes

5. Make up for beginners

I would be level 3 to 5. It would be nice to have a different opinion on my own make up skills

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve always thought there was a market for this but from what I know it’s mega difficult to make it happen for a majority of reasons

Glasgow

I’ve offered help to numerous trans/cd girls for free and not one has accepted my help.

I’ve offered makeup help, free clothes, fashion advice etc......

By *illie99TV/TS  over a year ago

Central Scotland

I would expect a far better job than my half arsed attempts

Actually it would be great for once to be made up by someone that actually knows what they are doing. I have thought about trying to arrange a session it in the past but rarely get the time or opportunity to make it a reality

I doubt there are enough of us for you to make it a going concern, but it could be a fun little sideline

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere over there

I was aware Cj ran events for CDs/TVs and this was to help learn makeup tips and dressing. I've actually just given some clothes of mine to a friend who has a lot of TV friends as they don't suit/fit me any more and since they're the kinkier kind, reckon they'd be more use there than a normal charity shop.

I've occasionally wanted to say to a TV/CD, "have you thought about styling your hair differently, or maybe a diff type of skirt?" but i know that's me impinging on their style of dress/how they feel comfortable, so its not my place.

I LOVE the glam makeup though and wish i was able to do that.

Millie x

By *ari_KoxxTV/TS  over a year ago

johnstone

Glasgow has been needing a proper professional makeover service for years.

I’ve visited Alison Dale, Cindy @BWBG, Jodie at Boudoir, pout patrol in Manchester and Wowman in Manchester ( they visit Glasgow occasionally)

The services ranged from a small room in their appartment to a full on 6 set studio,

Prices ranged from £50 for makeup to go to £400 for a full day shoot.

Most of them can supply clothes hair shoes etc but I always use my own.

I guess it comes down to what you can offer not what people want. You can only offer so much with what you have available.

Most of the places I visited were either run by transitioned women or full time makeup artists.

Certainly worth starting a service, there’s definitely a market for it Xx

Glasgow

Thanks for the input, darlings!

I suspect this will wind up being yet another patented Lara Deluxe gin-fuelled flight of fancy, but you never know...!

By *ari_KoxxTV/TS  over a year ago

johnstone

"Thanks for the input, darlings!

I suspect this will wind up being yet another patented Lara Deluxe gin-fuelled flight of fancy, but you never know...!"

Well I’d love you to paint me in your style, love your looks Xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Thanks for the input, darlings!

I suspect this will wind up being yet another patented Lara Deluxe gin-fuelled flight of fancy, but you never know...!"

I would also love some glam makeup lessons, some gin-filled hints and tips

Caroline at cjs has for passed 15 years runs kinkyscloset make up dressing and photo graphic studio as many of the girls on here do use.xx

By *loise5TV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think it's a great idea.

Glasgow

Doing makeup for TV/CDs needs a bit of experience on face structure/shape and how to properly make it make it more feminine, which a lot of makeup artists aren’t used to doing as it involves being good at contouring x

Glasgow

I love Caroline to bits, and I would be very wary of creating any kind of overlap with her service!

In all honesty, it's pretty unlikely this will ever happen anyway - these things tend to grow arms and legs, and it's the kind of operation that would require a lot more time than I have at my disposal these days...

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I always thought there was a gap in the market to provide beauty and hair services to the trans community.

Maybe you could get some beauticians and hairdressers to help out. Not everyone dresses all the time but would still like to be pampered.

I know it’s not quite the same as a makeover but services such as waxing, manicures, etc I’m sure would be popular.

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

"I always thought there was a gap in the market to provide beauty and hair services to the trans community.

Maybe you could get some beauticians and hairdressers to help out. Not everyone dresses all the time but would still like to be pampered.

I know it’s not quite the same as a makeover but services such as waxing, manicures, etc I’m sure would be popular. "

Yea I think this is what's needed. I get my top half waxed but they don't do male bottom half. So someone that deals specifically for us girls oils be great

God i would seriously take up your offer. I love having make up on but hopeless at doing it lol xxx

By *iona38ddTV/TS  over a year ago

north east fife

I would love to have my makeup done professionally by a female and advice on styles

Once a style I am happy with I would then like to spend the rest of the day as Fiona and maybe a few pictures taken

Look forward to loads of offers lol

By *issyslut123999TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I would be very interested in this. I would say I’m still fairly new to the scene and have bought a lot of lingerie since lockdown but makeup I am hopeless at and to have someone to show me different styles and help me with it would be amazing and very helpful.

I’m also Gunna have to get myself smooth and more feminine. Totally complete my look once I have my style and more experience at doing makeup xxx

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Berlin, Germany

"I always thought there was a gap in the market to provide beauty and hair services to the trans community.

I know it’s not quite the same as a makeover but services such as waxing, manicures, etc I’m sure would be popular.

Yea I think this is what's needed. I get my top half waxed but they don't do male bottom half. So someone that deals specifically for us girls oils be great "

There are salons that carry out male intimate waxing.

Peaches in Glasgow and Falkirk and I think Savannah Beauty in Glasgows West End do.

By *hris2891Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

Hey babe x

"Caroline at cjs has for passed 15 years runs kinkyscloset make up dressing and photo graphic studio as many of the girls on here do use.xx"

is Caroline on here (fab) I would like to chat to her, tried to message you but you have blocked messaging

By *ersatile-1Man  over a year ago

stirlingshire

Her user name is KinkyCj

By *akeheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

dalkeith

Sinwaxing in edinburgh has cd/trans friendly services.

» Add a new message to this topic