FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The best thing you can do is talk!!

The best thing you can do is talk!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *um4me OP   Man  over a year ago

Fife

Hey wonderful Fabbers.

It might not be the correct platform but recently I had a former colleague and friend take their own life.

It’s such a tragically sad story and whilst I was none the wiser she was struggling with her mental health, I’d like to extend the invitation to talk.

If anyone on here is going through a tough time and feels they need to get things off their chest, have a kind ear to listen or simply to have a chat, please reach out.

Peace ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think lockdown has been really hard for so many, often those you would not even say had mental health problems. Its so important to reach out and talk to people if you are struggling but can be the hardest thing to do if you don't want to 'burden' anyone with your problems. I'd hate to think my friends felt they couldn't come to me if needed.

But I also know it has definitely highlighted things about my own self/personality that in a way I'd rather it hadn't but at least it means I can deal with them. But I am one of those that wouldn't want to burden others.

I think the important thing to highlight is there are so many good app and places you can phone to talk to people such as Samaritans and Mind Uk - sometimes its easier to tell a stranger. But if anyome is struggling I'm happy to be an ear to listen

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fife

"I'm so sorry for your loss. I think lockdown has been really hard for so many, often those you would not even say had mental health problems. Its so important to reach out and talk to people if you are struggling but can be the hardest thing to do if you don't want to 'burden' anyone with your problems. I'd hate to think my friends felt they couldn't come to me if needed.

But I also know it has definitely highlighted things about my own self/personality that in a way I'd rather it hadn't but at least it means I can deal with them. But I am one of those that wouldn't want to burden others.

I think the important thing to highlight is there are so many good app and places you can phone to talk to people such as Samaritans and Mind Uk - sometimes its easier to tell a stranger. But if anyome is struggling I'm happy to be an ear to listen

"

Very well said and absolutely spot on

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

Agreed! My flatmate is having problems with mental health at the minute due to losing her job, it’s heartbreaking to see and all you can do is talk to her and tell her it’s going to be ok

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am sorry to hear this , when people are suffering with mental health issues sometimes they don't even realise how deep it goes. We tend to just act like ostriches and bury it , even today there is still a huge stigma about it. I am glad now more and more people are talking about it and taking it seriously! I only hope that if someone is suffering no matter how big or small the issue is please reach out to someone because people do care .xxxxxxx

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

"Agreed! My flatmate is having problems with mental health at the minute due to losing her job, it’s heartbreaking to see and all you can do is talk to her and tell her it’s going to be ok "

There is also a text service called SHOUT which puts you through to a trained crisis volunteer whom you can text with if phoning a helpline feels too much

edinbugh

"Agreed! My flatmate is having problems with mental health at the minute due to losing her job, it’s heartbreaking to see and all you can do is talk to her and tell her it’s going to be ok

There is also a text service called SHOUT which puts you through to a trained crisis volunteer whom you can text with if phoning a helpline feels too much "

Thanks for this info

Fife

"Agreed! My flatmate is having problems with mental health at the minute due to losing her job, it’s heartbreaking to see and all you can do is talk to her and tell her it’s going to be ok "

Talking is key all the best to her and great that you’re there for her

Fife

"I am sorry to hear this , when people are suffering with mental health issues sometimes they don't even realise how deep it goes. We tend to just act like ostriches and bury it , even today there is still a huge stigma about it. I am glad now more and more people are talking about it and taking it seriously! I only hope that if someone is suffering no matter how big or small the issue is please reach out to someone because people do care .xxxxxxx"

There’s definitely less of a stigmatism attached to speaking out and talking about mental wellbeing. As you say, speak to someone, anyone

Communication, talking, listening, reaching out all essential for each of us, we are all in this together and together we will help each other get through. Great post OP

Fife

"Communication, talking, listening, reaching out all essential for each of us, we are all in this together and together we will help each other get through. Great post OP "

Love this

"Hey wonderful Fabbers.

It might not be the correct platform but recently I had a former colleague and friend take their own life.

It’s such a tragically sad story and whilst I was none the wiser she was struggling with her mental health, I’d like to extend the invitation to talk.

If anyone on here is going through a tough time and feels they need to get things off their chest, have a kind ear to listen or simply to have a chat, please reach out.

Peace ?? "

I have been suffering with my mental health since December last year (longer than that but I reached out then) been off work since then also! 100% the best thing to do is to talk! It’s not easy but it really does help, open invite for anyone who needs an ear a shoulder or anything else, completely unsex related, love this post good job OP

Well said everyone. Talking to a nice caring person can help enormously.

Please reach out and feel free to chat.

Fife

"Hey wonderful Fabbers.

Peace ??

I have been suffering with my mental health since December last year (longer than that but I reached out then) been off work since then also! 100% the best thing to do is to talk! It’s not easy but it really does help, open invite for anyone who needs an ear a shoulder or anything else, completely unsex related, love this post good job OP "

Brace thing to do reaching out and speaking how about how you feel, good for you. I hope you’re in a much better headspace now

Fife

"Well said everyone. Talking to a nice caring person can help enormously.

Please reach out and feel free to chat. "

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

It really is not that easy sadly although wish it was. When you are in that deep dark place talking is the last thing you want to do.

edinbugh

If anyone ever needs to chat to someone then feel free to drop me a message

Fife

It really is not that easy sadly although wish it was. When you are in that deep dark place talking is the last thing you want to do."

Sadly, you’re right but it is nice to know that there’s a willing ear if you choose to.

Sometimes it’s easier to talk to someone you don’t know.

Fife

"If anyone ever needs to chat to someone then feel free to drop me a message"

It really is not that easy sadly although wish it was. When you are in that deep dark place talking is the last thing you want to do."

Yes - None of this can be forced - I think the best thing is if we feel safe with someone then they can naturally open up - If that is right for them at the time x

» Add a new message to this topic