FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Lost loads of weight training through lockdown

Lost loads of weight training through lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

anyone else? I've shed 4 stone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good on you. I've stayed roughly the same weight, but swapped the guts for guns. A decent home gym and a treadmill were the first things I sourced when things took a nosedive.

no weights since gym shut. So hit the tarmacadam with the sannies on. Worked wonders. Plus loads of sit ups amd switched diet. Watch and do Tyson Furey's PT sessions.... they work!

As an ex boxer I would second watching Tyson Fury it any pro boxer’s training regime

I lifted a set of weights for the first time 2 months before lockdown, I started out in martial arts aged 6 before moving into boxing in my late teens

25 years later I retired from the fight game due to injury but have recently gone back.

In the short spell I was a couch potato I gained 5 stone from the ripped 10 stone athlete.

My weight is hovering around 12 stone now and most of that lard has all but gone.

I returned to a gym at the beginning of 2020 to tone up the 12 stone hence the weights, then came lockdown

My knees are fckued so running is out of the question but I do manage a 6 mile walk almost daily as well as some of the exercise regime from my boxing days

I have returned to the martial arts, but to the more subtle Internal Chinese Arts which keep me supple and stop my joints from seizing.

So yes Tyson Fury........ the way to go for inspiration in losing the pounds

Just to add to the above

No more take away food

No more, , Irn Bru or any other gassy juice

I cook everything from fresh, and I live on a balanced 1500 calorie daily diet

I did burn around 3000 a day hence the rapid weight loss

It is a balance of exercise but especially what food your prepared to sacrifice to make your goals

Because of my love affair with the gym, not eating sugary food is no sacrifice as it was always something I never indulged in before anyway

Id love to start doing the weights pump classes at the gym again but with the new restrictions on what can be done and times, attendance of classes its not easy (cancelled my gym membership for the time being cause of it)

Been wondering if there are any private outdoor group classes eg in glasgow Green or kelvingrove (and no i dont mean dogging lol)

Same as before lockdown. I exercise at home so not missing the gym at all. Crap weather means I've been on the kettlebells in the living room though so only a matter of time before Mr ends up with concussion or I smash the tele.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I think I've probably put on the 4 stone you've lost

By *ltKittyWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

At this point, the scales have been thrown in the bin! Definitely need to get back into some workout routine though.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Put on weight

Cant wait to start training in the gym effective Monday

By *otskipCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

used to be very fit karate .judo running etc. .but over the last 5 or 6 years not done anything .so hence put weight on now unfit .. but have great respect for anyone who can loose weight and keep themselfs fit ..as i now know how hard it is to try get started again .

Weight not really changed but shape has...certainly feel unfit compared to before lockdown

Me tae ,I'm cutting about fading away like the guy out the pot noodle advert from back in the day

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

The first month of lockdown I was super fit and lost weight/toned up...buuuuut then I started getting lazy and I've realised how much weight I've put back on and added! Can't wait for the gyms to open, really miss lifting weights!

I’ve lost about 2.5 stone since February

Running did most of it for me. I’m just looking forward to getting back to the gym so I can start lifting properly again. I miss my gym buddies

"I’ve lost about 2.5 stone since February

Running did most of it for me. I’m just looking forward to getting back to the gym so I can start lifting properly again. I miss my gym buddies "

Outstanding

"I’ve lost about 2.5 stone since February

Running did most of it for me. I’m just looking forward to getting back to the gym so I can start lifting properly again. I miss my gym buddies

Outstanding "

Thank you

I run every day, it's free and I don't need fancy equipment just my trainers, waterbottle and my headphones, I have lost 2 stone and I feel so much better emotionally and physically I don't buy junk food, or alcohol and it's paid off saved a fortune no fancy diet just three meals a day, and at least 30 to 60 mins of running now at 5 times a week..

Did well in the beginning of lock down and toned up more with loads of walking, and not getting take away. Now I've a fucked knee and not doing the same amount of walking and been eating out more again, I'm back to before lock down weight.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"anyone else? I've shed 4 stone. "

Surely if you'd lost 4 stone you'd have updated your 4 year old pics?

John

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"anyone else? I've shed 4 stone.

John "

Ouch

"anyone else? I've shed 4 stone.

John "

Ha ha ha!

I'm actually raging I missed that initially!

» Add a new message to this topic