FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Webcam Verifications

Webcam Verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have had quite a few people contact us asking to meet who are verified by webcam only and have never met anyone. For us, this is a site for meeting people for fun and webcam verifications hold no substance for us, just a personal preference. When we politely explain to them we only consider people with verifications (by meeting others) and they don`t like it even though we clearly say it on our profile . Are we in the minority with our outlook on webcam verifications?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"We have had quite a few people contact us asking to meet who are verified by webcam only and have never met anyone. For us, this is a site for meeting people for fun and webcam verifications hold no substance for us, just a personal preference. When we politely explain to them we only consider people with verifications (by meeting others) and they don`t like it even though we clearly say it on our profile . Are we in the minority with our outlook on webcam verifications? "

No i have to agree with you some you look at are here over a year and only have webcam verifications says it all really x

By *__KMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Its a catch 22 situation. People only meet those verified in person but to get a verified in person you have to meet people. It can be a real pain in the ass to get that first verification.

Aberdeen

But yeah, on here over a year and only webcam veris? Either they're exceptionally picky, have been have found it excruciatingly painful to get that first in-person veri, or nobody's wanted to give them one... Or they don't wanna display them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Webcam veri's people = webcam ers

Actual meet verified = actual real meet people.

Webcam veri's mean nothing

(him)

[Removed by poster at 21/06/12 18:43:54]

We tend to ask to webcam before a meet, just to be sure that who we're talking to is who they say they are, 2 mins max. Had a good example recently of someone avoiding to go on webcam, think the person may have been a guy using the wife/girlfriends pics to do some picture collecting.

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Difficult one but its your right to use site as you see fit. And all must respect your choices. But I suppose we all had to have a first meet to get our first veri by meeting. So how do you get that first meet veri if we all said no meet if you don't have a meet veri?

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I will say that I'm slightly wary of profiles that have a few veris and they are ALL webcam. There could be good reason for it of course but at least you know they do exist.

Still, I wouldn't be against trying to arrange a meet with someone like that, prob after chatting a bit first.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

To me all webcam verifications prove is that they are either female or male nothing more .

"Webcam veri's people = webcam ers

Actual meet verified = actual real meet people.

Webcam veri's mean nothing

(him)"

totally agree xx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"To me all webcam verifications prove is that they are either female or male nothing more ."

Miss Dynamite, that is absolutely spot on and how we see it.

Aberdeen

I never get webcam verifications, despite being on webcam all the time.

Glasgow

I don't actually have a webcam, or even an internet connection in my flat so I rely soley on proper meets for my fun. Oh woe is me! hehe

But aye, all ant verification proves is that the person is real, it doesn't mean they'll be to your tastes. But webcam only veris seem to say that the person has no intention of meeting, whether that be the case or not.

So what if a profile has a mix of webcam and meet in person verifications....? Does that make them dodgy?

A webcam veri is fine, atleast with that you kbow your talking to what the profile suggests. we noticed a fem with just webcam veris and she was here for over a year. Quite recently she's put up all her veris and they include meet in person ones from last year and quite recent. She probably hid them to stop people knowing her every move which I think is understandable. Personally we tend to be more suspicious of fen and couple profiles which have hidden veris and no photo verification....

Never judge a book by its cover and always find out for yourself if someone is a faker or not x

"So what if a profile has a mix of webcam and meet in person verifications....? Does that make them dodgy?

A webcam veri is fine, atleast with that you kbow your talking to what the profile suggests. we noticed a fem with just webcam veris and she was here for over a year. Quite recently she's put up all her veris and they include meet in person ones from last year and quite recent. She probably hid them to stop people knowing her every move which I think is understandable. Personally we tend to be more suspicious of fen and couple profiles which have hidden veris and no photo verification....

Never judge a book by its cover and always find out for yourself if someone is a faker or not x"

Apologies for the spelling mistakes, fucking iPhone and fat fingers

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't forget even if people have hidden veri's you can search for people with meet veri's in the advanced search.

"Don't forget even if people have hidden veri's you can search for people with meet veri's in the advanced search."
just noticed this, is this a new thing?

Glasgow

Nice one! I'm not saying webcam only veris make a person dodgy, clearly they are who they say they are. I just wonder if they are actually inclined to ever meet face to face, especially if they have been on for a while.

But as you say, even though we might have initial thoughts on the matter, we shouldn't pre-judge. I have messaged profiles that are webcam only verified, no pics & hidden verifications etc. I'm just have lower expectations than normal (which are never very high as a single guy haha) of getting a reply or a meet.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Don't forget even if people have hidden veri's you can search for people with meet veri's in the advanced search. just noticed this, is this a new thing? "

No, it has been there for ages....I keep trying to highlight it but no one takes any notice of me anyway..

Glasgow

"Don't forget even if people have hidden veri's you can search for people with meet veri's in the advanced search. just noticed this, is this a new thing?

No, it has been there for ages....I keep trying to highlight it but no one takes any notice of me anyway.. "

Did someone just say something?? No. No I guess not....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Oatlands

"Don't forget even if people have hidden veri's you can search for people with meet veri's in the advanced search."

I never knew that, I will need to check it out, thanks

"We have had quite a few people contact us asking to meet who are verified by webcam only and have never met anyone. For us, this is a site for meeting people for fun and webcam verifications hold no substance for us, just a personal preference. When we politely explain to them we only consider people with verifications (by meeting others) and they don`t like it even though we clearly say it on our profile . Are we in the minority with our outlook on webcam verifications? "

By *ex n MusicCouple  over a year ago

Perth

No your def not...seeing someone on cam doesnt mean they wont waste your time by not turning up or even worse not who they say they are,We wont veri by cam,only meets

Jamie N Brenda....SnM....x

» Add a new message to this topic