FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Exercise and working out

Exercise and working out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone on here into their fitness and working out? Looking for some advice. 32, 6'2, slim build however i fall under the skinny fat category with most excess weight around my face and stomach (not good). Looking to lose that excess fat and put on some muscle.

Any tips or advice? Much appreciated folks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Diet is about 80% of fat loss, and your body type will have a big impact on it too. Now gyms are opening back up go speak to the professionalsbut shock the body, dont just fall into the trap of heaps of cardio. Target the areas that you want to build muscle with weights and calisthenics. Rest days are as important as training and set realistic goals. If you want a quick fix look at the workouts and diets actors follow to get in shape for a film.

"Diet is about 80% of fat loss, and your body type will have a big impact on it too. Now gyms are opening back up go speak to the professionalsbut shock the body, dont just fall into the trap of heaps of cardio. Target the areas that you want to build muscle with weights and calisthenics. Rest days are as important as training and set realistic goals. If you want a quick fix look at the workouts and diets actors follow to get in shape for a film."

Cheers

Kettlebells....loads of workouts on YouTube to follow.

And keep aff The Greggs.

By *izzmasterzeroMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I've just recently started working out too, I'm using kettlebells, sandbags and dumbbells which I rotate every second day with rest days between... I never allow myself more than two days off, eat clean. You'll get plenty inspiration on Instagram and YouTube for ideas.

cannot wait to get back to a spin class next week!!

Did I actually say that?

Barbell build function strength Lot off people get hurt because off machine they take the back stabilizer muscles out off it then go to lift something in real life ie a washing machine or something and they don’t have the stabilizer muscles to handle the wight

True way to tell if someone is strong is look at they back it’s a dead give away can’t hid over develop stabilizer muscles

By *awaiianguyMan  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

Crippled myself doing squats yesterday- I can hardly walk. Take it easy to start with

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Crippled myself doing squats yesterday- I can hardly walk. Take it easy to start with "

https://youtu.be/bql6sIU2A7k

Pre lockdown we did this sally squat challenge in the office at lunch time just at the side of our desks, was a laugh doing it together and seeing who could keep it going

By *ikehunter8Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Comes down to calories in versus calories out. You can work out your TDE (total daily expenditure) here https://tdeecalculator.net/

Then knock about 25% off and eat your bodyweight of protein in pounds bad divy your carbohydrates and fats, I use my fitness Pal. Once you've scanned and got a few meals in there it gets easier/quicker.

D

Drink about 4l of water.

Find something you enjoy doing for excercise. Running/cycling/gym/HIIT/crossfit etc and try a couple sessions a week and build from there.

Take measurements and keep track weekly. Don't freak out if weight fluxuates (it will) water weight / hormones / new muscle /a big poo will all make a difference daily/weekly.

By *nsatiable78Man  over a year ago

Dundee

I would strongly recommend focusing on your core initially, it can save a lot of downtime in preventing injuries in the long term and is the basis of nearly all exercises you can do. I’d also lower your carbs, increase your protein intake, avoid saturates, eat fresh food as often as possible and build from there.

I have a peloton and would thoroughly recommend that if you have the finances.

Stick to a routine of exercise too, it’s easy to say I’ll do it tomorrow but believe me it’s best to stay disciplined - no excuses, treat your body like it belonged to someone you love and it will love you back

"I would strongly recommend focusing on your core initially, it can save a lot of downtime in preventing injuries in the long term and is the basis of nearly all exercises you can do. I’d also lower your carbs, increase your protein intake, avoid saturates, eat fresh food as often as possible and build from there.

I have a peloton and would thoroughly recommend that if you have the finances.

Stick to a routine of exercise too, it’s easy to say I’ll do it tomorrow but believe me it’s best to stay disciplined - no excuses, treat your body like it belonged to someone you love and it will love you back "

Thanks man. Nice physique

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

Don't expect to lose fat in one or two areas by concentrating on those. It's a common misconception promoted by these companies that sell ab exercise machines etc.

Ideally do a combination of aerobic and anaerobic exercises at a fairly high intensity for about half an hour minimum, and do so 3 times a week.

Be patient and you will gradually see results (as your metabolism increases speed it will also be easier to keep the weight off).

» Add a new message to this topic