FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Help with make up

Help with make up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oannefife1982 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Fife

Hi I'm looking to learn to be more convincing as a crossdresser and would love if anyone can recommend where to learn more about make up. I have tried the hole YouTube thing but did not work out great. Thanks for taking the time to read this

Joanne xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Best way is to watch YouTube videos on whatever look takes your fancy x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not a crossdresser but find preparing the skin is just as important as what you're going to slap on it makeup wise.

Have a look at Goss Make Up artist on YouTube. Male make up artist who has loads of wee hints and tips.

I'm embarrassed to say my 14yr old daughter puts my make up on better than me and thats all from youtube tutorials.

God im so glad im not a teenager as I'd be hopeless

I'm not a crossdresser, I'm always quite happy when I put my clothes on (Billy Connolly joke) sorry I couldn't resist.

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. I know my brain is a strange place.

I was thinking it must be really difficult for crossdresser to learn how to put makeup on.

I learn things by seeing them done so YouTube tutorials on things work well for me. But not everyone is the same.

Surely there must be classes you could book with a make up artist and I would think maybe split the costs between a group and it could be a social thing as well.

Or maybe I'm talking absolute nonsense.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I would say do a make up trial in store but unfortunately I doubt they will be doing them for a while. I used to work on No7 counter and match several gentlemans foundations for them etc.

Do you have any female friends that you are close enough to ask for help? Playing woth makeup over a glass of wine can be a fun evening to help learn tricks together if you find youtube videos tedious

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Makeup is difficult to start off, but it does come with a lot of practice.

I started being shown by two different females, showing the basics, then you go from there.

I’m incredibly in their debt. Then watch hours upon hours of tutorials.

Then work at it. The basics are actually quite easy, but keep in the back of your head - less is more!

If your on chix, there’s plenty of advice there. Also, pre covid LGBT Health and Wellbeing had makeup nights for trans - very helpful for experimenting.

By *uggy55TV/TS  over a year ago

Fife

Certainly agree with the above. Makeup is very difficult in the early stages. I have been through a number of tutorials myself, but still need to get better at it. I seem to waste so much time trying to perfect things...

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I think the most important thing, regardless of who is wearing it, is to ensure that you have a good even base. Then with colour a little at a time and build up to how you want it - it's easier to add more than take some off. Experiment and see what colours suit you and what doesn't.

Obviously it's not my area, are there no CD/TV specific tutorials at all on YT? If not, then someone is missing a trick.

Once restrictions are lifted, booking an appointment with a makeup artist is a good idea. If you're not comfortable doing one in a store, there are many that will do private appointments.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I think the most important thing, regardless of who is wearing it, is to ensure that you have a good even base."

Bingo...

There's a reason it's called foundation.

I had a lesson years ago, still have the tip-sheet, it's worked for me, and was well worth the £35.

Mandy

» Add a new message to this topic