FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Whats in a name.

Whats in a name.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Obviously we can change our names legally if we want but do you ever wish you had been given something else. ?

Perhaps you were given a name change last minute by a change of heart by your parents, tell us your story.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

My parents had chosen my name at birth, then the day came for my dad to register me and he had forgotten what they had decided. Was meant to be Natalie but he could only remember one name my parents and their French friends had discussed for a girl. Anyway my name is....

A town is Spain ......de Mar lol only spelt differently lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was given a last minute name change as they expected a girl and were a little surprised when I popped out

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Obviously we can change our names legally if we want but do you ever wish you had been given something else. ?

Perhaps you were given a name change last minute by a change of heart by your parents, tell us your story. "

I was always going to be the name I was given .

Named after a presidents wife apparently

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Obviously it's a different situation with me, given that this is a chosen name (and has a meaning) but for my drab name, my dad misspelt it when he registered my birth, but it stuck, and I roll-with the misspelling.

The only thing my parents ever told me was that if I was born a girl, they were going to call me Pauline.

Mandy

I now have the name of my high school nemesis . She was such a bitch! But oh well

This happened with my wee grandparents My wee Granda loved his drink. When my wee Gran had her twins he went to register them. The girl he remembered and got correct. The boy he struggled with. Could only remember it was after a whisky Glengarry so named my uncle Glen. It was only when he went back to my wee Gran still in her hospital bed and told her he had registered them both that she went tonto. She wanted Garry. He never lived it down lol xxx

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

"This happened with my wee grandparents My wee Granda loved his drink. When my wee Gran had her twins he went to register them. The girl he remembered and got correct. The boy he struggled with. Could only remember it was after a whisky Glengarry so named my uncle Glen. It was only when he went back to my wee Gran still in her hospital bed and told her he had registered them both that she went tonto. She wanted Garry. He never lived it down lol xxx"

Awww bless - I kind of prefer Glen though.

I hate my name. No one can say or spell it - I have my sister to thank for it

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Kinds on topic

I read a story about vin deisel. When he went to register his daughters birth he got talking to someone about paul walker. As they were chatting he started filling in the form and wrote Paul down in error. He added a few letters and his daughter was called Pauline.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

After giving birth to our daughter and deciding on her name I went for a shower, came out and by this time she had a wristband on with a completely different name! I said to the midwife oh sorry you have wrote the name wrong but my other half piped up with I changed it as didn’t think it suited her ...

haha , some cracking stories.

When I was misbehaving on other dating sites , ( not any more ) I always used the name , Scott or Mark , as I preferred them better than my own .

The top female name I liked when I was at school, I ended up married to one. Dosnt matter she could be a feckin pest most of the time , I like her name so hey ho can't have everything.

By *ittleRed18Woman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Not my name but my dads middle name was chosen by his parents after spotting it on a street name sign on their way to his christening!

"Not my name but my dads middle name was chosen by his parents after spotting it on a street name sign on their way to his christening! "

He's not from York is he, there's a street there

Whip-ma-whom-ma-gate.

Now thats a cool name.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m named after a French Saint. The tale is my grandma died 3 years before my birth and my mum vowed to name her next daughter the name of the French saint. I was the next daughter to be born. My name was unusual until a UK prime minister had the same name yet spelt differently. I no longer felt unique because of her!

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I picked a modern name for my eldest and agreed that his middle name could be after his dad...so I get a c section and full of drugs. Visitors arrive and are calling the baby by dads name. He had only gone and told everyone that's what the name was and we had to switch the cool name to his middle name.

I still havent got over it

"I picked a modern name for my eldest and agreed that his middle name could be after his dad...so I get a c section and full of drugs. Visitors arrive and are calling the baby by dads name. He had only gone and told everyone that's what the name was and we had to switch the cool name to his middle name.

I still havent got over it "

Gawn yersel hen, Any man that fecks up your first born childs name is unforgivable. Good on ya for dumping the tow rag and joining Fab , that'll teach him. I hope you sent him a link to your profile with an attached note saying " get it up ya , ya name fuckin up bas" .

"I picked a modern name for my eldest and agreed that his middle name could be after his dad...so I get a c section and full of drugs. Visitors arrive and are calling the baby by dads name. He had only gone and told everyone that's what the name was and we had to switch the cool name to his middle name.

Gawn yersel hen, Any man that fecks up your first born childs name is unforgivable. Good on ya for dumping the tow rag and joining Fab , that'll teach him. I hope you sent him a link to your profile with an attached note saying " get it up ya , ya name fuckin up bas" . "

Hahahahha!!!!

"My parents had chosen my name at birth, then the day came for my dad to register me and he had forgotten what they had decided. Was meant to be Natalie but he could only remember one name my parents and their French friends had discussed for a girl. Anyway my name is....

A town is Spain ......de Mar lol only spelt differently lol"

Natalie? You know that's what I'm gonna call you now right? Lol

Always had my first name but my real dad was a fkn bastard and beat my mum .my step dad to me is my real Dad and no one will take that away from me. So seemed only thing to take his second name ... thanks Dad

By *eardyBikerMan  over a year ago

nr stonehaven

I was going to be a matthew or Martin..

No sure entirely why I was settled on..

Lol...was meant to be a girl anyway ha ha

Lanarkshire

Gawn yersel hen, Any man that fecks up your first born childs name is unforgivable. Good on ya for dumping the tow rag and joining Fab , that'll teach him. I hope you sent him a link to your profile with an attached note saying " get it up ya , ya name fuckin up bas" . "

It's the poor wean I feel sorry for being stuck with an old man name lol. Maybe that's why he is so moody. Old before his time because of his name Haha

On that note heres a question. Does anyone think there are names that are for grown ups but just dont suit babies. Or opposite - cute baby names but seem weird for an adult

Gawn yersel hen, Any man that fecks up your first born childs name is unforgivable. Good on ya for dumping the tow rag and joining Fab , that'll teach him. I hope you sent him a link to your profile with an attached note saying " get it up ya , ya name fuckin up bas" .

It's the poor wean I feel sorry for being stuck with an old man name lol. Maybe that's why he is so moody. Old before his time because of his name Haha

On that note heres a question. Does anyone think there are names that are for grown ups but just dont suit babies. Or opposite - cute baby names but seem weird for an adult"

Definitely! The older names are making a come back. I met a teeny tiny baby that their parent named them Steve not Steven just Steve. Nothing against the name but it was such a serious name for a wee baby!

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

"My parents had chosen my name at birth, then the day came for my dad to register me and he had forgotten what they had decided. Was meant to be Natalie but he could only remember one name my parents and their French friends had discussed for a girl. Anyway my name is....

A town is Spain ......de Mar lol only spelt differently lol

Natalie? You know that's what I'm gonna call you now right? Lol

"

Yes you will do it just to annoy me

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

"Obviously we can change our names legally if we want but do you ever wish you had been given something else. ?

Perhaps you were given a name change last minute by a change of heart by your parents, tell us your story. "

My parents were fully expecting me to be a girl and, by all accounts, were devastated when I arrived on the scene. They hadn’t thought of any boys names, and were so appalled at my being a boy, they refused to name me. They got the midwife to choose a name, and that is the name I haVe carried all my life

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

On that note heres a question. Does anyone think there are names that are for grown ups but just dont suit babies. Or opposite - cute baby names but seem weird for an adult"

A few years ago one of my neighbours daughter had a baby girl .

I looked in the pram and saw the most beautiful little baby girl .

When I enquired what she had called her she said Mary I was so surprised as expected it to be one of the popular names of that year lol

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

My ex is named after a rangers player, even has his surname as his middle name. I think a lot of boys born early/mid 70’s have this players first name as their name.

When expecting our first we agreed not to have their first name after anyone but the middle name could be. We were torn between 2 names for a boy so when I gave birth to our son I said what name and he was so in awe of me for what I had went through he said you decide. So I chose the name I preferred then straight away he changed it. Obviously his admiration for me was short lived but I was so exhausted I just let him. Imagine my rage when I discover weeks later he had chosen his papas middle name!!

My name is quite old fashioned. I don't hate it but don't love it either.

I wouldn't change it though. I was named after my gran who passed away just before my parents got married.

I don't have a middle name and always wanted one though no idea what!

Lanarkshire

"My name is quite old fashioned. I don't hate it but don't love it either.

I wouldn't change it though. I was named after my gran who passed away just before my parents got married.

I don't have a middle name and always wanted one though no idea what! "

I was the same my friends all had a middle name and I didn’t so my 3 kids all have a middle name

Lanarkshire

I didnt give my youngest a middle name. Wasnt going through the whole wrong name thing a 2nd time haha. He is forever banging on about it. Told him its cause the oldest shared a name with his dad he got a middle name and the wee one didnt need one.

I was the same my friends all had a middle name and I didn’t so my 3 kids all have a middle name "

Lanarkshire

I didnt give my youngest a middle name. Wasnt going through the whole wrong name thing a 2nd time haha. He is forever banging on about it. Told him its cause the oldest shared a name with his dad he got a middle name and the wee one didnt need one.

I was the same my friends all had a middle name and I didn’t so my 3 kids all have a middle name "

Oops posted my reply in the middle of previous post.

Not really a name change but my mum and dad decided what my name would be if I were a boy or a girl

Glad I'm a boy though as they settled on Siouxie if I were a girl. Yes from Siouxie and the Banshees lol

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My parents told me what name If I was born female......it’s not Nikki x

Lanarkshire

I was the same my friends all had a middle name and I didn’t so my 3 kids all have a middle name

Oops posted my reply in the middle of previous post. "

I bet he constantly goes on about it!! My cousins eldest girls used to argue because one had 6 letters in her name and the other only had 5!!

Lanarkshire

Oops posted my reply in the middle of previous post.

I bet he constantly goes on about it!! My cousins eldest girls used to argue because one had 6 letters in her name and the other only had 5!! "

Yip. They havent quite got to the stage of arguing over who has more letters in their name...small mercies lol

» Add a new message to this topic