FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Polyamorous experiences

Polyamorous experiences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey!

My partner and I started swinging about 4 years ago. I realised it’s not really for me - too much going on for me to fully enjoy myself.

We started singles profiles a few months ago and quickly he met a woman who he goes to dinner with, has a friendship with and also has sex with.

I feel that this is something I would like also, but I’m obviously struggling to find it on fab. I know this isn’t a dating site - that wasn’t what I wanted to use it for anyway. But now I’m thinking I maybe do want more of a connection than one normally finds on fab.

I’m not wanting a serious relationship - but just something a bit “more”.

Was just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this and polyamory in general?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's all about good communication and making sure you both set out and agree to the rules of engagement.

So long as everyones happy and open/honest whats not to like about it

I'm just gutted I'm outwit your age criteria

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

I expect a long and winding Q with offers to your inbox

"I expect a long and winding Q with offers to your inbox "

Hahaha. Maybe. That’s not what this is for though. I’m looking for peoples views on it I suppose

Sadly can't reply to your message...... for obvious reasons

"Sadly can't reply to your message...... for obvious reasons "

How come?

"Sadly can't reply to your message...... for obvious reasons

How come?"

your age preference I'm guessing.

strange, still won't let me reply Very strange.

"strange, still won't let me reply Very strange. "

That’s really odd

"strange, still won't let me reply Very strange.

That’s really odd "

Very.

"Hey!

My partner and I started swinging about 4 years ago. I realised it’s not really for me - too much going on for me to fully enjoy myself.

We started singles profiles a few months ago and quickly he met a woman who he goes to dinner with, has a friendship with and also has sex with.

I feel that this is something I would like also, but I’m obviously struggling to find it on fab. I know this isn’t a dating site - that wasn’t what I wanted to use it for anyway. But now I’m thinking I maybe do want more of a connection than one normally finds on fab.

Thanks "

I think there’s fifty shades of fab, from one night hook ups to the kind of relationship you seek and more. There’s many lovely gentlemen out there but it does take a wee bit of patience and work to find exactly what you want. All good things are worth waiting for and I’m sure you will be successful OP

"I think there’s fifty shades of fab, from one night hook ups to the kind of relationship you seek and more. There’s many lovely gentlemen out there but it does take a wee bit of patience and work to find exactly what you want. All good things are worth waiting for and I’m sure you will be successful OP "

Thank you. I really appreciate your response. I’ve just had so little luck so far. It’s quite demoralising x

By *edGlasgowMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think there’s fifty shades of fab, from one night hook ups to the kind of relationship you seek and more. There’s many lovely gentlemen out there but it does take a wee bit of patience and work to find exactly what you want. All good things are worth waiting for and I’m sure you will be successful OP

Thank you. I really appreciate your response. I’ve just had so little luck so far. It’s quite demoralising x"

Totally get where you are coming from OP. I've fallen away from the site recently due to this also. More than happy to have a chat and see if there is anything we can do together

"I think there’s fifty shades of fab, from one night hook ups to the kind of relationship you seek and more. There’s many lovely gentlemen out there but it does take a wee bit of patience and work to find exactly what you want. All good things are worth waiting for and I’m sure you will be successful OP

Thank you. I really appreciate your response. I’ve just had so little luck so far. It’s quite demoralising x"

You’re very welcome. Hang on in there lovely, it’s worth taking time over

By *uckylamondMan  over a year ago

Durham

I have often thought it would be hot to have a friend (who you are attracted to) where you would meet up, have dinner and drinks, both share your sexual experiences and fantasies in explicit detail but never actually have sex. I kind of had this going with a girl when I was 18 or 19 and the sexual frission was off the scale.

Not sure that this is what the OP meant but just putting it out there.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

The nature of the site is mostly for one off meets so your audience is very limited to what you are looking for.

Also we are in the middle of a pandemic so less people are meeting just now too so that's also going to put a stop to your search for the time being.

As flirt gas said hold on in there as Im sure there will be others looking for the same as you

The first part of you're post is something you need to think about before going any further.

I get you OP. We are also looking for something with more depth and do wish fab catered for this more. But I think with time as poly becomes more accepted, things will change. Good luck!

Your over thinking it OP, seriously. There are thousands of guys to choose from on Fab, set up a singles profile on POF and Tinder too. Be up front when you are contacted by guys or when you contact them . I guarantee you will find exactly what you seek. Your a dream come true for thousands of married men too that are looking for the exact thing you seek. No need for me to wish you luck as I know 100% your a dream come true scenario for thousands of guys. X

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

As most have said it's perhaps not the easiest of times to find a new Friend. However when you do find someone you need to be 100% honest with them, your Partner and most of all yourself. Communication is key.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Poly always works more for the women than the man (that I have seen). Women have more choice.

"The first part of you're post is something you need to think about before going any further.

"

How so?

"Your over thinking it OP, seriously. There are thousands of guys to choose from on Fab, set up a singles profile on POF and Tinder too. Be up front when you are contacted by guys or when you contact them . I guarantee you will find exactly what you seek. Your a dream come true for thousands of married men too that are looking for the exact thing you seek. No need for me to wish you luck as I know 100% your a dream come true scenario for thousands of guys. X "

I would but I don’t want my friends or family seeing me on that tbh. And I know too many folk on those things. I’d definitely get seen.

"Your over thinking it OP, seriously. There are thousands of guys to choose from on Fab, set up a singles profile on POF and Tinder too. Be up front when you are contacted by guys or when you contact them . I guarantee you will find exactly what you seek. Your a dream come true for thousands of married men too that are looking for the exact thing you seek. No need for me to wish you luck as I know 100% your a dream come true scenario for thousands of guys. X

I would but I don’t want my friends or family seeing me on that tbh. And I know too many folk on those things. I’d definitely get seen."

So just go on as a silhouette and do your own searching. When you see someone you like message them and add your picture. Like I say , imo your over thinking it.

By *cotscpl1968Couple  over a year ago

tayside

It is what you want it to be nothing wrong in having fun and a flirt or meeting someone or folk that just want a chat and a bit more caring

So relax and enjoy

We actually started out poly, and just kinda ended up each other’s only partners - not out of any desire to ditch polyamory, it just felt right for us. That may change, and if it does, we’d be open to it. Like anything else, it sorta ebbs and flows and you just have to go with the current and communicate with each other, and with whoever else is involved. It’s not easy, but nothing that’s worthwhile is.

By *reywolf_18Man  over a year ago

ayr

"Hey!

Thanks "

I get that many people are here for one thing and one thing only, but many others like me are looking for something more. I'd love to find someone who I can connect with and enjoy time with but also have that sexual connection as well. And yes it is hard to find on a site like this I guess. But we are out there.... Xx

By *exylicksMan  over a year ago

airdrie

"Hey!

Thanks "

It is something I have did in the past and met up with girls partner and his polyamourous partner. We all became friends though couple moved down south so dont see them now but definitely good if everyone knows the ground rules and involved in the communication

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I assume there are no sites like this that specifically cater for polyamory, which is a shame as it would make things a little easier for you.

Unfortunately its probably going to have to be trial and error, but hope you find what you're looking for!

"I assume there are no sites like this that specifically cater for polyamory, which is a shame as it would make things a little easier for you.

Unfortunately its probably going to have to be trial and error, but hope you find what you're looking for! "

I’m not sure we’re allowed to say the name, but the large free dating site with a name that evokes an alright cherub of love is actually surprisingly good for poly people. It’s how we met! There are options on there to say that you’re looking for non-monogamy, and in my experience, a lot of people are open to poly situations there.

–G

By *rP_TickleMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's all about good communication and making sure you both set out and agree to the rules of engagement.

So long as everyones happy and open/honest whats not to like about it

Ditto, by 1 year x

I'm just gutted I'm outwit your age criteria "

"I assume there are no sites like this that specifically cater for polyamory, which is a shame as it would make things a little easier for you.

Unfortunately its probably going to have to be trial and error, but hope you find what you're looking for!

I’m not sure we’re allowed to say the name, but the large free dating site with a name that evokes an alright cherub of love is actually surprisingly good for poly people. It’s how we met! There are options on there to say that you’re looking for non-monogamy, and in my experience, a lot of people are open to poly situations there.

–G"

Hahaha thanks. Yes I’ve read that’s meant to be good! I’ve downloaded the app but not set it up yet. I’ve found one that seems a bit like poly tinder mixed with fab. Also seems a bit hit or miss but I’m willing to give it a go!

–G

Hahaha thanks. Yes I’ve read that’s meant to be good! I’ve downloaded the app but not set it up yet. I’ve found one that seems a bit like poly tinder mixed with fab. Also seems a bit hit or miss but I’m willing to give it a go!"

I’m sure you’ll be very popular! I know I’d be saying hello if we were currently pursuing polyamory.

–G

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

It is tricky to find people like this on Fab but they do exist, so have patience. I’d be saying hello if a bit more local.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Hey!

Me and my partner are poly/open. We met on the oklovecherub website, we've also found it super hard to broaden our horizons and find like minded, attractive people our age. We used to live clubs for getting to know different people, but in terms of finding a fwb tinder works for me but again there's a lot of not great people on tinder as well.

Being poly is hard work, it's all about communication and ensuring that you are splitting your time fairly to make sure everyone is happy

"Hey!

Me and my partner are poly/open. We met on the oklovecherub website, we've also found it super hard to broaden our horizons and find like minded, attractive people our age. We used to live clubs for getting to know different people, but in terms of finding a fwb tinder works for me but again there's a lot of not great people on tinder as well.

Being poly is hard work, it's all about communication and ensuring that you are splitting your time fairly to make sure everyone is happy"

Thank you! xx

By *dinburghroseWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

You and your partner might need to sit down and talk about it, and set some ground rules and you need to stick to them. Really think and long. It can go either way. It can enhance your relationship or destroy it. Be prepared if it does not go the way you want.

By *iscrete.blondeWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

Good advice.

» Add a new message to this topic